• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

My Matador has the same rolls but if I got a Felwinter, I'd change Luck for Kneepads since I really don't know how many kills actually only happened thanks to Luck.

I wanted my The Fear to have the same rolls too but settled on G&H and Clown Cartridge. Radegast seems to have a higher base impact so with Javelin and Hard Launch it should have a bit higher velocity and blast radius.

I've got a party crasher with accurized ballistics, hot swap, small bore, and knee pads :)

Jaeyden

But I don't enjoy running things underlevelled! :/
And I also don't have the time to be running that much content each and every week. Those past two weeks I did 3xPoE 32, and I intend to do the same this week, which will make a path to 34 for two of my characters (thanks Bungie for keeping the boots for next week, just to fuck Warlocks up ^^). After that, I'll be able to run 34s, but I also want the boots next week, but then I'll end up with a full STR set and will probably want some more balanced gear at one point in the future, etc.
My point is that even though I'm playing the game every day, I don't really have the time to do more than 3 PoEs in the same week (on top of the nightfalls and queen's bounties), especially if I have to run them underlevelled, which takes more time because wiping is more common. I know the etheric lights will start coming to me once I finally hit 34 and start running 34s instead of 32s, but the discrepancy in rewards and character progression between players with a lot of time on their hand versus the ones that have less time to play have never been that high. And I think it would be fair to make an easier path for said people to get some etheric lights as well. Like being able to buy an etheric light per week, or get one from a chest.

Dude, practically everyone that is 34 right now did the 34 PoE at level 33 to get ELights. We're all now doing the PoE 35 as 34's now too. That's the way the game works, it's called a "challenge" and a lot of us like it. They've already made the game an easy street with this last DLC, they might as well just auto level everyone at the beginning of the next DLC if they want to make it any more easy to level up. You want your free E lights? Just join IB every night for next week, doesn't matter how well you do you'll get there.

ocean

Banned
But I don't enjoy running things underlevelled! :/
And I also don't have the time to be running that much content each and every week. Those past two weeks I did 3xPoE 32, and I intend to do the same this week, which will make a path to 34 for two of my characters (thanks Bungie for keeping the boots for next week, just to fuck Warlocks up ^^). After that, I'll be able to run 34s, but I also want the boots next week, but then I'll end up with a full STR set and will probably want some more balanced gear at one point in the future, etc.
My point is that even though I'm playing the game every day, I don't really have the time to do more than 3 PoEs in the same week (on top of the nightfalls and queen's bounties), especially if I have to run them underlevelled, which takes more time because wiping is more common. I know the etheric lights will start coming to me once I finally hit 34 and start running 34s instead of 32s, but the discrepancy in rewards and character progression between players with a lot of time on their hand versus the ones that have less time to play have never been that high. And I think it would be fair to make an easier path for said people to get some etheric lights as well. Like being able to buy an etheric light per week, or get one from a chest.
Yeah I know what you mean. Don't have that much time either so I gave up on Nightfall and Queen's bounties. NFs because there's nothing they can drop that I want and queen's bounties because I don't see the point.

My limited time is basically PoE and Crucible now. As for running content underleveled, I see why you don't like it but tbh it's like a higher difficulty in any other game - enemies do more damage and you do less. Gotta play more carefully. Sure, there's more interesting ways to make a fight hard but I am surprised so many people are outspoken about this because it's such a standard "Hard" concept in gaming since forever.

Not all content while underleveled is equal. Floor is lava underleveled was trivial. Quadron was tricky. Crota is easy if no bugs. Atheon is hard as all hell at 29. Skolas goes from ultra cheesy (Solar) to frustrating (Arc) to tough but totally doable this week with Void.

Plan out activities that match your goals! I'd say tackle a 34 or two if you need the Etherics instead of other activities with random rewards.

Omni

For the elder cipher, how do you know when to pick up the next stage of the bounty?

Also I'm so on the fence about which weapon. The shotgun looks cool but apparently the range is awful?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For the elder cipher, how do you know when to pick up the next stage of the bounty?

Also I'm so on the fence about which weapon. The shotgun looks cool but apparently the range is awful?
Apparently you get to reconfirm your weapon choice when you finish the entire set of bounties.

Shito

Dude, practically everyone that is 34 right now did the 34 PoE at level 33 to get ELights. We're all now doing the PoE 35 as 34's now too. That's the way the game works, it's called a "challenge" and a lot of us like it. They've already made the game an easy street with this last DLC, they might as well just auto level everyone at the beginning of the next DLC if they want to make it any more easy to level up. You want your free E lights? Just join IB every night for next week, doesn't matter how well you do you'll get there.
You're not adressing my points, and I'm not the only one not enjoying the kind of "challenge" being one level under in Destiny is. Lots of people don't like this artificial difficulty. I'm sure there are people who do enjoy it, though, but I'm also quite sure a lot of the players who ran PoE 34 as 33s did it for the loot, and not for the fun they got out of it.
Also, your tone doesn't really entice a fair and welcoming discussion.

Yeah I know what you mean. Don't have that much time either so I gave up on Nightfall and Queen's bounties. NFs because there's nothing they can drop that I want and queen's bounties because I don't see the point.

My limited time is basically PoE and Crucible now. As for running content underleveled, I see why you don't like it but tbh it's like a higher difficulty in any other game - enemies do more damage and you do less. Gotta play more carefully. Sure, there's more interesting ways to make a fight hard but I am surprised so many people are outspoken about this because it's such a standard "Hard" concept in gaming since forever.

Not all content while underleveled is equal. Floor is lava underleveled was trivial. Quadron was tricky. Crota is easy if no bugs. Atheon is hard as all hell at 29. Skolas goes from ultra cheesy (Solar) to frustrating (Arc) to tough but totally doable this week with Void.

Plan out activities that match your goals! I'd say tackle a 34 or two if you need the Etherics instead of other activities with random rewards.
My problem is that it's coupled with modifiers that are already working against the players, and are already turning the game into a "hide behind a crate / rock the whole time otherwise one hit will kill you dead yessss?". I'm already playing the "challenge" being one level below the enemies is offering when playing a nightfall with a burn, only in that case I can also kill them in one hit. But even with that it all boils down to "take no risk, abuse the covers, cheese the encounters as much as you can", and this is really not a fun way to play the game I think.
I really (really) enjoy PoE 32 for the moment because at least it's fair on this point, and allows for more mobility in the encounters. I do like challenges in games when the challenge comes from the mechanics, not when it's only about being at an artificial disadvantage with the enemies. They have proven with VoG (and Qodron) that they can create such mechanics without resorting to the good old and boring "enemies are tougher", the fact that they go on with that underlevel bullshit they initiated with CE is really disappointing to me, and it's not something I'm interested in.
But yeah, I'll be doing PoE 34 once I hit 34 and will start getting etheric lights, so this is not a real problem in the end, all I'm saying is that Bungie could have probably thought of a better way to give players with less time on their hand, or that are less "hardcore" than the others a better way to get a few etheric lights than having to be lucky on the NF. I was at a friend's house this past week-end, and he really likes Destiny and playing it, but all of his other friends stopped playing the game (and he's on Xbox One so I can't help him) so he's left only doing the activities that have some matchmaking, because he's not that much into the game as to try and find some strangers on the net to play things with. And he was telling me he was really disappointed with HoW, because before that when he found a new weapon or armor, he could level it up and feel a sense of progression. He would find ascendant shards from random solo activities, and could level up to 31 and feel he was making progress in the game. Now he's 33 "out of the box", and will never get an etheric light to progress his gear further because he's not soloing the nightfall and doesn't play pvp. I'm sure he's not alone in this situation, and it's sad Bungie didn't think about those kind of players.

The etheric light system is good, it's just the distribution of those mats that is kinda off.
Hardcore PVP and PVE players are swimming in them, to the point of having too many of them in just two weeks, while more casual players are starving for some.

geordiemp

How any Etheric lights from Iron banner per character.

I can see one for getting to level 3, but that's it.

Is there a hidden etheric for level 5 that I cannot see ?

Hyun Sai

I got the smoothest PoE run, 35 and 34 back to back in 2 hours with a legit Skolas kill.

Too bad we'll be back to the Burn and Arc bullshit soon.

Ken

But yeah, I'll be doing PoE 34 once I hit 34 and will start getting etheric lights, so this is not a real problem in the end, all I'm saying is that Bungie could have probably thought of a better way to give players with less time on their hand, or that are less "hardcore" than the others a better way to get a few etheric lights than having to be lucky on the NF. I was at a friend's house this past week-end, and he really likes Destiny and playing it, but all of his other friends stopped playing the game (and he's on Xbox One so I can't help him) so he's left only doing the activities that have some matchmaking, because he's not that much into the game as to try and find some strangers on the net to play things with. And he was telling me he was really disappointed with HoW, because before that when he found a new weapon or armor, he could level it up and feel a sense of progression. He would find ascendant shards from random solo activities, and could level up to 31 and feel he was making progress in the game. Now he's 33 "out of the box", and will never get an etheric light to progress his gear further because he's not soloing the nightfall and doesn't play pvp. I'm sure he's not alone in this situation, and it's sad Bungie didn't think about those kind of players.

The etheric light system is good, it's just the distribution of those mats that is kinda off.
Hardcore PVP and PVE players are swimming in them, to the point of having too many of them in just two weeks, while more casual players are starving for some.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current distribution of 42 light gear in PoE. You say players with a lack of time should be moved up the ladder quicker but running 3x 32 PoE spread out across three weeks should be perfect for players lacking time. By the end of the month (at most, depending on your exotic slot) you'd have a full set of legendary 42 light armor from armor cores just for playing maybe an hour a week?

What exactly do casual players need with a ton of etheric lights 2 weeks into expansion?

noomi

good morning dgaf, still a bit salty after Skolas last night, but feeling better.

Grats kadey on the hand cannon... just tell me it's not solar.... please :p

Fuck PoE tonight, all IB.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Have void weapons. Void sniper preferably.

Run to left from start. Kill Servitor immediately. Pop weapons of light bubble and snipe him as much as we can until mine phase comes up. I will have to go if it's far. We have to take essence from each other.

Two people left behind will have to take care of Skolas and the ads. Try to kill him asap while taking care of ads.

Fehyd

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with the current distribution of 42 light gear in PoE. You say players with a lack of time should be moved up the ladder quicker but running 3x 32 PoE spread out across three weeks should be perfect for players lacking time. By the end of the month (at most, depending on your exotic slot) you'd have a full set of legendary 42 light armor from armor cores just for playing maybe an hour a week?

What exactly do casual players need with a ton of etheric lights 2 weeks into expansion?

Casual players don't usually have three characters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
good morning dgaf, still a bit salty after Skolas last night, but feeling better.

Grats kadey on the hand cannon... just tell me it's not solar.... please :p

Fuck PoE tonight, all IB.

ibu4ml0XaHsgY5.png

Matush

Hey guys,

Just starded playing HoW, can someone explain to me how PoE chest works? (the one that is unlocked with Key) Can I get the same rewards on PoE 28 as 32-35? Should I keep keys for higher levels, or not? Thanks.

Shito

A better armor set than an all STR one? ^^
Some 365 weapons to start tackling on PoE 34 and 35? ^^

You don't think it's a bit stupid that by now, all the hardcore players have had their needs for etheric lights already mostly taken care for?
I think it would have been better if casual players could earn a bit more of them, and hardcore players a bit less.

nOoblet16

While you are right for the most of it, I disagree with the "challenge" bit and that a lot of people in here like it. I can guarantee you that majority of people in here dislike Bungie's approach to hard mode with a permanent level disadvantage enabled that you can never match until the next DLC

Top Bottom