• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually did it three times Noomi but right when I was about to open chest I got booted. And the second time we did it legit running around dismantling mines, taking out ads and passing essence to each other.

Well, it wasn't 4 hours on actual Skolas. It was more like an hour and a half to get to Skolas, and then over 2 hours on Skolas.

I beat him with arc burn last week x3, I thought this was going to be a cake walk....

And not to call anyone out, I know he was doing his absolute best and is a really great player....but we did have a guardian that had un-ascended weapons (300dmg ones) and was doing the encounter for the first time. Our Praedyth's Revenge weren't really doing the necessary DPS.

Ah okay. Well, 300 weapons against over leveled enemies is a massive disadvantage.

I personally went with Lord of Wolves.

Todd! Have you been giving out my Skype name?! Who the hell is Flora?! Why do I have so many contact requests?!

I once got a contact request from a 'Valeria' who had a bait-y message with the picture of a dude. Checking out his Profile, he was really a guy.

It was a bad attempt.

noomi

Actually did it three times Noomi but right when I was about to open chest I got booted. And the second time we did it legit running around dismantling mines, taking out ads and passing essence to each other.

Oh man, well that's real shitty :/

I think doing it the longer way is actually easier sometimes.

Jaeyden

While you are right for the most of it, I disagree with the "challenge" bit and that a lot of people in here like it. I can guarantee you that majority of people in here dislike Bungie's approach to hard mode with a permanent level disadvantage enabled that you can never match until the next DLC

This is wrong. The 35 Skolas fight might have been quite difficult over the last 2 weeks but that's because no one is geared up for it. It is not supposed to be that hard forever. You need to keep playing and get PoE gear with Race specific perks to make the encounters easier. I have greatly increased Recovery and Super recharge when fighting fallen on my helmet and it makes a big difference. Things will be way different when you have full set of gear for encounters.

Namikaze1

I once got a contact request from a 'Valeria' who had a bait-y message with the picture of a dude. Checking out his Profile, he was really a guy.

It was a bad attempt.
I had a request from a Valeria before though had no picture of a dude. I should pull a Zoba and troll my latest request.

Namikaze1

I think if they ever buff the nechro you're going to actually lose your shit. Shhh, only dreams now.

I would be like
tumblr_inline_nod90tqw7n1ro2rbc_500.gif

Necrohasm should've been buffed ages ago!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most of my runs have been me doing the most dps but at the same time I can't handle ads and dismantle mines myself. Skolas demands team work from all. That's why if I feel a team won't be able to get it done I'll say it. No sense in spending hours on it just to get next to nothing for it.

This is wrong. The 35 Skolas fight might have been quite difficult over the last 2 weeks but that's because no one is geared up for it. It is not supposed to be that hard forever. You need to keep playing and get PoE gear with Race specific perks to make the encounters easier. I have greatly increased Recovery and Super recharge when fighting fallen on my helmet and it makes a big difference. Things will be way different when you have full set of gear for encounters.

Urgh... Not sure i agree. That fight with arc burn is not a good idea. You go from full health to dead in 3 seconds.

noomi

Most of my runs have been me doing the most dps but at the same time I can't handle ads and dismantle mines myself. Skolas demands team work from all. That's why if I feel a team won't be able to get it done I'll say it. No sense in spending hours on it just to get next to nothing for it.

I feel like it's 80% team work and 20% luck.

If you have that first mine spawn next to you, awesome! Also sometimes not all the ads rush you at once, and Skolas doesn't teleport 5 feet in front of you lol.

noomi

So I know this has been mentioned a few times before, and I think it would actually be a lot of fun.

Lets do a drunk raid/arena one night. We can have a bunch of people in party chat liquored up and stupid and then just kill shit :D

Namikaze1

Fucking Skolas scared me last night. We all went about doing everything as normal: running down the side, killing the servitor quickly, and placing a WoL bubble at the door.

So what was the problem? As soon as we killed the servitor, which was literally the moment we made it on to the platform, we turn around to place a bubble at the door. We didn't end up placing the bubble down. Why? Skolas was fucking there already. Like literally at the door. First time that has ever happened in my several PoE 35 runs. We did everything as one normally does but bastard somehow learned Goku's Instant Transmission.

What was your strat and loadout?

The usual.

Left side of the map
Take out servitor
Bubble with weapons of light
Snipe with 365 void sniper
Break bonds
Continue firing
1 person goes for mines
Other keep firing
Skolas dead

Red and I used 365 void Praedeths and Kadey had a 365 Void spear. Truth used a bit too.

Lnkn52

The usual.

Left side of the map
Take out servitor
Break bonds
Continue firing
1 person goes for mines
Other keep firing
Skolas dead

You were using p revenge right? How much were you hitting for crit damage?

The usual.

Left side of the map
Take out servitor
Break bonds
Continue firing
1 person goes for mines
Other keep firing
Skolas dead

Red and I used 365 void Praedeths and Kadey had a 365 Void spear. Truth used a bit too.

That strategy should always work as long as you dont die for adds.

I met a guy on dlfg.net named "proclassgamer" who pulled me into a Prison of Elders Level 34 Round 5. We agree to try and burn the boss as quickly as possible (he's using an Ice Breaker). He surprise-drops a bubble in front of my Gjallarhorn shot, then avoids any discussion on subsequent strategy, and then once rockets were loaded and synth was reset, boots me from fireteam and party.

ocean

Banned
My Void LDR under WoL crits 8800 and final round (every fourth bullet) 11500 if I recall correctly so about 38k per mag. Praedyth's at 5500 x 6 shots should do 33k per mag in about the same time since RoF is so high, so it's not very far off the mark. Shouldn't be a deal breaker. I would have loved a field scout Spear but I only have that in Solar and Black Hanmer...yeah.

WHAT IS NECESSARY!
What's sad is that they could easily make that gun pretty freaking sweet. Imagine if the bullets just went through damn near everything. Hive knight shields, cabal shields, that stupid human torch shit that Hobgoblins do...imagine never dealing with that again. All that would be possible with MY Hard Light.
Is it just me or are the Iron Banner prizes pretty lackluster this week?
I'm pretty much just in it for the etheric light. I'll probably snag Gheleon's Demise as well.

Lnkn52

I met a guy on dlfg.net named "proclassgamer" who pulled me into a Prison of Elders Level 34 Round 5. We agree to try and burn the boss as quickly as possible (he's using an Ice Breaker). He surprise-drops a bubble in front of my Gjallarhorn shot, then avoids any discussion on subsequent strategy, and then once rockets were loaded and synth was reset, boots me from fireteam and party.

That is just butts. I haven't done LFG in so long because of that. I would hate to risk my time for someone to pull some bs move like that. Always be the party leader if you can.

Top Bottom