• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

BondFancy

Ugh still no elder cypher after 1 level 32 run and 2 level 34 runs. My first 34 run both of my other teammates got it, not yours truly however. At least this weeks 34 is a complete joke I loved it haha!

EL CUCO

2 on my fireteam got the Elder Cypher, one already had it. Skrola is easy mode this week.
Did a round of mines, passed the poison, pew pew dead. Ez

Ganhyun

ugh, why do i always seem to find the crucible players who purposely go 0-20 and purposely make sure to trap you on the shitty control spawn side?

sigh

In my vault right next to kazeshini's ;)
No seriously I hope that you get one soon.
Got a bit lucky and found Tomorrow's Answer in ToO, I love that launcher.

I got three Tomorrow's Answers this last ToO. I'm tired of knowing the answer to tomorrow. D<

I just want the sniper or the shotgun. OR ANY OF THE HELMETS.

Ken

Productive Iron Banner train, thanks guys.

Got Radegast's Fury that I rerolled into Hard Launch/Tripod/Javelin/G&Hs. Definitely going to give this a go this weekend in Trials.

Also got a Cryptarch package with a 177 STR Voidfang.

I got three Tomorrow's Answers this last ToO. I'm tired of knowing the answer to tomorrow. D<

I just want the sniper or the shotgun. OR ANY OF THE HELMETS.

Yeah if something drops, it seems to keep on dropping considering my 4 Jewels. I kinda want the sniper as well, but rolled a Low-Grade Humility with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Unflinching yesterday. Apparently this scores pretty high on the top tier PvP sniper list. Is the shotgun any good?

Also got quite lucky pulling the Hunter and Titan helmets from the gold package. Awesome looking stuff compared to the PoE armor. I think all my characters are missing the gauntlets though.

raindoc

thought elder cipher only drops on skolas
that would be the queen's cipher, which you need for completing the bounty. the bounty itself, the elder cipher, drops from 35, 34 and IIRC even from 32.

Speaking of which: what new Bossfight(-mechanic) did you get this week?

I am finally starting to get the hang of PVP it just took two Iron Banners.

Yeah iron banners in the past made me better. Then the last 2 ToO especially the latest made me a much better sniper. Just did the 3 PvP dailies really quick and sniping people at mid range is such a good feeling. I feel lost without a sniper now. Can't wait to get on an iron banner train

Thanks for the enjoyable iron banner train. Managed to snag a few legendaries and complete the bounties. Hopefully we can do this again.

Yeah if something drops, it seems to keep on dropping considering my 4 Jewels. I kinda want the sniper as well, but rolled a Low-Grade Humility with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Unflinching yesterday. Apparently this scores pretty high on the top tier PvP sniper list. Is the shotgun any good?

Also got quite lucky pulling the Hunter and Titan helmets from the gold package. Awesome looking stuff compared to the PoE armor. I think all my characters are missing the gauntlets though.

I just want the shotgun to complete the weapon set. It's not really any better than Felwinter's or Matador/Party Crasher/Judgement. Probably worse.

The sniper is fantastic. High aim assist, good perks, Shortgaze, etc. Only problem is that it can't put down newly revived enemies in trials, but I usually use a shotgun anyways.

that would be the queen's cipher, which you need for completing the bounty. the bounty itself, the elder cipher, drops from 35, 34 and IIRC even from 32.

Speaking of which: what new Bossfight(-mechanic) did you get this week?

what

so wait

i need to farm skolas for a bounty (which i have)
farm keys to farm a chest for a cipher (which i did)
wait until variks gets off his ass to call me (which im doing)
farm more PoE for points
and then RNG into another cipher

all before i can even pick the weapon?
jesus

Wallach

what

so wait

i need to farm skolas for a bounty (which i have)
farm keys to farm a chest for a cipher (which i did)
wait until variks gets off his ass to call me (which im doing)
farm more PoE for points
and then RNG into another cipher

all before i can even pick the weapon?
jesus

I'm pretty sure the "boss points" step is the last thing on the bounty.

I think the hotfix notes are implying that if you kill Skolas and the Elder Cipher bounty drops while your shit is full, then the next time you kill him with bounty space open it will drop for you guaranteed.

Very fun PoE run Forrest, thanks! My buddy was a first timer for any 35 stuff but it was smooth sailing after a little Skolas learning curve.

yeah, we ended up using 4th horseman (x2) to get him down. thanks!

now, we're at the 5th round... any more advice? :)

Are you guys still playing? I can hang out in party chat just to chill and shoot the shit while I do other stuff. We finished a little while ago, so you're probably already on Skolas or done by now but if not I'll be up for a while.

joecanada

Wtf did they do to the fusion rifles? A full blast doesn't even register damage at times if you are currently being shot, taking damage... The range is killed and meanwhile everyone still runs around with shotguns and no way to counter but to also run shotgun.

Bungie has no fucking clue what they are doing.

forrest

formerly nacire
Very fun PoE run Forrest, thanks! My buddy was a first timer for any 35 stuff but it was smooth sailing after a little Skolas learning curve.

Are you guys still playing? I can hang out in party chat just to chill and shoot the shit while I do other stuff. We finished a little while ago, so you're probably already on Skolas or done by now but if not I'll be up for a while.

Yeah thanks to you guys as well! Had a lot of fun! And of course thanks to based Skolas!

voidscoutv6pmi.jpg

so my gunslinger has just discovered that increased grenade throw distance is infinitely better than increased melee attack speed. the trip mine doesnt go anywhere without the grenade throw gauntlets.

now the trick is to find one with the right stats plus hand cannon reload and hope it doesnt look hideous

joecanada

so my gunslinger has just discovered that increased grenade throw distance is infinitely better than increased melee attack speed. the trip mine doesnt go anywhere without the grenade throw gauntlets.

now the trick is to find one with the right stats plus hand cannon reload and hope it doesnt look hideous

The main problem with increased attack speed is destiny lags in pvp quite often so in those matches your punch will come off first but they will still punch you too and you both die....

GhaleonEB

Ran this week's Petra bounties in a group with two others (thanks guys!). Holy crap the Archon one was a surprise.

Came away with two more treasure keys, the one guaranteed one, and another from a Queen's blessing package; none from the chests. But now I'm sitting on three of'em.

The main problem with increased attack speed is destiny lags in pvp quite often so in those matches your punch will come off first but they will still punch you too and you both die....

Yeah, the kill trading in Destiny is horrendous. I have more trade killing in Destiny than all of my other games combined.

rc213

Maaaaaaan Nightfall is trash, 4 in a row where i get a legendary helm i currently have equipped while others get weapons again hawkmoon. Grrrr

exYle

Ooooh, rerolling gets me mad... spent like 30 motes, 90 weapon parts and 7500 glimmer trying to get Hidden Hand and Unflinching on my Low-Grade Humility. I finally just settled for Hidden Hand and Shoot to Loot (which is useless in PVP). At least it's got an Ambush scope and Snapshot.

Top Bottom