• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Omni

Wooooo!

OrkWaB.png

This week is amazing. Void burn on Skolas is really fun. We could actually do it legit

Ooooh, rerolling gets me mad... spent like 30 motes, 90 weapon parts and 7500 glimmer trying to get Hidden Hand and Unflinching on my Low-Grade Humility. I finally just settled for Hidden Hand and Shoot to Loot (which is useless in PVP). At least it's got an Ambush scope and Snapshot.

Spend 80 motes yesterday doing the exact same thing. At one point I had to hand in ascendant shards for motes and about 100 axiomatic beads for glimmer. Got the rolls and some more space in my vault :)

Nuszka

Ooooh, rerolling gets me mad... spent like 30 motes, 90 weapon parts and 7500 glimmer trying to get Hidden Hand and Unflinching on my Low-Grade Humility. I finally just settled for Hidden Hand and Shoot to Loot (which is useless in PVP). At least it's got an Ambush scope and Snapshot.

I spent like 100 motes in my low grade humility sniper and still nothing lol

Lexad

Got to level 2 tonight on IB. Having a much easier go around with it and was surprised several times where I was the highest level on my team (planting the banner) on several occasions. Was expecting more 34s. Definitely was having an easier go around with this IB and have a couple 3000-4000 point games (with some average and not so stellar games thrown in).

Just started using a scout rifle with Explosive Rounds and been doing some damage with it. Also knocking skulls with the Crota Shotgun (just realized it had final round in it, kept reloading). Truth and Thunderlord are godly (never used a machine gun in PVP and got the 3 machine gun spree in two ammo pickups)

Also got my Thorn bounty up another 150 points. about 160 points out to get that sucker.

The bounties this time around are a lot easier to accomplish (15 capture points, the 10000 point one, machine gun spree, melee, and 15 rocket launcher kills). First time I ever completed 5 IB bounties in a day.

exYle

Spend 80 motes yesterday doing the exact same thing. At one point I had to hand in ascendant shards for motes and about 100 axiomatic beads for glimmer. Got the rolls and some more space in my vault :)

I spent like 100 motes in my low grade humility sniper and still nothing lol

I always heard tales of people getting their perfect rolls pretty easily, so I just assumed it would happen to me too. Not so. There are 7 tier 1 perks and 6 tier 2 perks, so that means a sniper with both the perks I want is a 1/42 chance. Ughhhhh

Productive Iron Banner train, thanks guys.

Got Radegast's Fury that I rerolled into Hard Launch/Tripod/Javelin/G&Hs. Definitely going to give this a go this weekend in Trials.

G&H and Tripod on the same one? What is this witchcraft?!

so my gunslinger has just discovered that increased grenade throw distance is infinitely better than increased melee attack speed. the trip mine doesnt go anywhere without the grenade throw gauntlets.

now the trick is to find one with the right stats plus hand cannon reload and hope it doesnt look hideous

Achlyophage Symbiote FTW.

glad im not the only one
100+ motes
200+ weapon parts
25000+ glimmer
100+ shards for more glimmer

still no luck whatsoever

Ran this week's Petra bounties in a group with two others (thanks guys!). Holy crap the Archon one was a surprise.

Came away with two more treasure keys, the one guaranteed one, and another from a Queen's blessing package; none from the chests. But now I'm sitting on three of'em.

Where do you find this Archon guy? It just says the moon.

Is it soloable? Seems like he is a step up from other bounties given the reward.

I haven't done PoE 35 at all since HoW released. I think I will actually try it this week. I have a Void Longbow that will probably put in some work. And I guess I could ascend my Swarm or use Truth.

I haven't done PoE 35 at all since HoW released. I think I will actually try it this week. I have a Void Longbow that will probably put in some work. And I guess I could ascend my Swarm or use Truth.

I haven't done it either and the stars will have to align for me to even try. I wish I had more time to play, but tonight squeezing in 3x NF and 3x PoE 32 is probably about all I will get. I will be lucky to do IB or ToO this week.

Skolas is just way too much. PoE just takes too much time as is. Way more than the raids. I don't like it because I am missing out. The design of HoW is way more time intensive than any other time in the games life and it is making it hell for me.

I missed out on every piece of gear last week and only got 1 Etheric Light. Crossing fingers I have time to play when they come up again in the rotation. I desperately want the ToO gear, but it is a pipedream when reset day is 90% of the time I will be able to devote to playing. The progression is glacial for people like me.

I'll take VoG's shitty drop rates any day over HoW.

Shito

I haven't done it either and the stars will have to align for me to even try. I wish I had more time to play, but tonight squeezing in 3x NF and 3x PoE 32 is probably about all I will get. I will be lucky to do IB or ToO this week.

Skolas is just way too much. PoE just takes too much time as is. Way more than the raids. I don't like it because I am missing out. The design of HoW is way more time intensive than any other time in the games life and it is making it hell for me.

I missed out on every piece of gear last week and only got 1 Etheric Light. Crossing fingers I have time to play when they come up again in the rotation. I desperatley want the ToO gear, but ot is a pipedream when reset day is 90% of the time I will be able to devote to playing. The progression is glacial for people like me.

I'll take VoG's shitty drop rates any day over HoW.
Yep, I've yet to see an etheric light, and will have to do some IB to get a guaranteed one (even though I'm really not fond of PVP).
They really should add a way to get them for people who don't enjoy PVP / doing PVE content underlevelled. The nightfall drop doesn't work for that, it's way too rare an occasion to rely on this.
They should remove the one you can get from PoE 34 and make it drop from the first big chest you open each week.

You can get it done in five. Easiest mission by far. Black hammer him to death in less than 10 secs.
Easy for you to say WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING BLACK HAMMER!

:(

Fuck Crota's stingy ass.

I kinda don't even wanna do it this week because I'm almost certain I will be disappointed.

Sooooo....anyone have a normal Crota checkpoint?

ocean

Banned
Yep, I've yet to see an etheric light, and will have to do some IB to get a guaranteed one (even though I'm really not fond of PVP).
They really should add a way to get them for people who don't enjoy PVP / doing PVE content underlevelled. The nightfall drop doesn't work for that, it's way too rare an occasion to rely on this.
They should remove the one you can get from PoE 34 and make it drop from the first big chest you open each week.
34 PoE is totally doable at 33. Last week was tough but week 1 wasn't. Run it this week and get an Etheric. Coupled with the three PoE armor pieces sold so far or an Exotic that'll make you 34 on another character. You can then use that newly minted 34 to run PoE 34 and get the Etheric for your first character, it's a snowball.

Also, this is the best week to run PoE 35 if you have a 34 character or two for extra Etherics. Don't miss out! Won't be this easy for a while, avoid burn makes it totally doable.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Easy for you to say WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING BLACK HAMMER!

:(

Fuck Crota's stingy ass.

I kinda don't even wanna do it this week because I'm almost certain I will be disappointed.

Sooooo....anyone have a normal Crota checkpoint?

You can use a green sniper and still kill him. Black hammer only has no reload after 3 criticals and it has the highest impact of a sniper. Other than that it's nothing special.

Got a felwinters tonight and rerolled it two times before getting luck in the chamber, aggressive ballistics and shot package. So pumped on it since I didn't run the last banner.

Shito

34 PoE is totally doable at 33. Last week was tough but week 1 wasn't. Run it this week and get an Etheric. Coupled with the three PoE armor pieces sold so far or an Exotic that'll make you 34 on another character. You can then use that newly minted 34 to run PoE 34 and get the Etheric for your first character, it's a snowball.

Also, this is the best week to run PoE 35 if you have a 34 character or two for extra Etherics. Don't miss out! Won't be this easy for a while, avoid burn makes it totally doable.
But I don't enjoy running things underlevelled! :/
And I also don't have the time to be running that much content each and every week. Those past two weeks I did 3xPoE 32, and I intend to do the same this week, which will make a path to 34 for two of my characters (thanks Bungie for keeping the boots for next week, just to fuck Warlocks up ^^). After that, I'll be able to run 34s, but I also want the boots next week, but then I'll end up with a full STR set and will probably want some more balanced gear at one point in the future, etc.
My point is that even though I'm playing the game every day, I don't really have the time to do more than 3 PoEs in the same week (on top of the nightfalls and queen's bounties), especially if I have to run them underlevelled, which takes more time because wiping is more common. I know the etheric lights will start coming to me once I finally hit 34 and start running 34s instead of 32s, but the discrepancy in rewards and character progression between players with a lot of time on their hand versus the ones that have less time to play have never been that high. And I think it would be fair to make an easier path for said people to get some etheric lights as well. Like being able to buy an etheric light per week, or get one from a chest.

Ken

Got a felwinters tonight and rerolled it two times before getting luck in the chamber, aggressive ballistics and shot package. So pumped on it since I didn't run the last banner.

My Matador has the same rolls but if I got a Felwinter, I'd change Luck for Kneepads since I really don't know how many kills actually only happened thanks to Luck.

G&H and Tripod on the same one? What is this witchcraft?!

Achlyophage Symbiote FTW.

I wanted my The Fear to have the same rolls too but settled on G&H and Clown Cartridge. Radegast seems to have a higher base impact so with Javelin and Hard Launch it should have a bit higher velocity and blast radius.

milkham

What the fuck is that heavy weapon crate doing here? ^^
Is it a leftover (bug) from a previous round?

yeah we noticed it was still there when we finished the fallen room, then we did another vex round and it stayed the whole time, and it was still giving during qodron

Top Bottom