• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's going to be a bit more challenging or nigh impossible.

Both of you have PR and one is only 300 which doesn't do as much damage as my spear with final round. Every hit would need to be critical.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hey guys,

Just starded playing HoW, can someone explain to me how PoE chest works? (the one that is unlocked with Key) Can I get the same rewards on PoE 28 as 32-35? Should I keep keys for higher levels, or not? Thanks.
PoE 35 chest has the special emblem and other stuff but you can get it only once. if you have only 1 key I recommend saving it for the 35 chest.

Shito

PoE 35 chest has the special emblem and other stuff but you can get it only once. if you have only 1 key I recommend saving it for the 35 chest.
I would recommend him to use the first one on PoE 28, for the guaranteed exotic.
Now that keys are easier to come by, there's no reason not to. :)

Matush

Well I'm not even level 34 yet, so I don't see myself running 35 version anytime soon. Thanks for answer tho.

Ken

Casual players don't usually have three characters.

"3x 32 PoE spread across three weeks"

So one per week and you have a single 34 character.

A better armor set than an all STR one? ^^
Some 365 weapons to start tackling on PoE 34 and 35? ^^

You don't think it's a bit stupid that by now, all the hardcore players have had their needs for etheric lights already mostly taken care for?
I think it would have been better if casual players could earn a bit more of them, and hardcore players a bit less.

I'll agree the all STR rolls is dumb on Bungle's part, but with how level advantage works hitting 34 is a lot more important than getting cooldown reductions on supers and grenades. Also pretty sure most people did 34 PoE fine at level 33 with 331 weapons. No enrage timer on the fight loosens up the DPS requirements significantly.

As for your second point, people "drowning" in EL were probably the ones that tackled 34 and 35 PoE week 1 while underleveled, with the goal of getting characters to 34 to farm out even more ELs. I don't think that just because the "hardcore player needs are taken care of already" justifies giving casual players more for less work 2 weeks into expansion. Gear progression between casuals and hardcore has always been a difference of time and willingness to do stuff undergeared and this game is no exception. I guess I just find it amusing that people are complaining about not having max item level gear 2 weeks in.

Am also a little hesitant to consider 35 PoE as something casuals are meant to do, as a possible 2-3+ hour fight with a chance of failure doesn't fit casual.

noomi

Want to join us?

Edit: IB

Oh hey, thanks for the invite, but I'm actually at work for the next 8 hours :(

Will try to jump in with unstable and crew once I get out, he usually starts right as I leave my work.

Have the same, it's trash :(

Still want it even though it's not great, I mean it is a solar hand cannon after all. The ToO one will be even more difficult to get :/

Hm, why?

Also, what exotic weapons have you chosen? Care to share some impressions?

Solar hand cannon with chance to suppress fallen captain's abilities.

Fallen Captains have arc shield. Why would anyone use a solar weapon on an enemy with an arc shield? Goes to show that zero thought went into designing this gun.

Majority of the Wolves weapons are mediocre. The only decent ones are the sniper rifle and shotgun, which still have dumb perks such as bonus damage to shanks, dregs etc.

Exotic weapons - both queens bow and lord of wolves are good, the side arm is very underwhelming.

Fallen Captains have arc shield. Why would anyone use a solar weapon on an enemy with an arc shield? Goes to show that zero thought went into designing this gun.

Majority of the Wolves weapons are mediocre. The only decent ones are the sniper rifle and shotgun, which still have dumb perks such as bonus damage to shanks, dregs etc.

Exotic weapons - both queens bow and lord of wolves are good, the side arm is very underwhelming.

Well, both the secondary perk and the element are random. So blame their random system more than the actual design.

Despite that all these Fallen perks suck ass.

noomi

This is what I've been hearing from a lot of players. Anyone want a rocker launcher with extra damage to shanks? No.... no thanks....

I really hope Bungie takes another look at these weapons and makes some much needed changes. I also hope they slightly adjust the Skolas encounter... because it feels like there is just too much shit going on at once, mines, adds, Skolas, essence, timers...etc

Ok.... I'm done talking about that now lol. Need to let the salt heal.

Oh yeah, and at least the exotics are way better than TDB ones this time around.

I went and rerolled a Her benevvolence to void and with HC rounds praedyths too low impact hope this will do better when I retry skolas, was really bummed out when we had to quit it yesterday lol..

Namikaze1

This is what I've been hearing from a lot of players. Anyone want a rocker launcher with extra damage to shanks? No.... no thanks....

I really hope Bungie looks another look at these weapons and makes some much needed changes. I also hope they slightly adjust the Skolas encounter... because it feels like there is just too much shit going on at once, mines, adds, Skolas, essence, timers...etc

Oh yeah, and at least the exotics are way better than TDB ones this time around.
You take that back! Nothing is better than Necrochasm! NOTHING!

Zocano

I really hope Bungie looks another look at these weapons and makes some much needed changes. I also hope they slightly adjust the Skolas encounter... because it feels like there is just too much shit going on at once, mines, adds, Skolas, essence, timers...etc

The only problem with the Skolas fight is the number of adds. They continue to treat adds as fluff in these fights and just toss hordes of them at you. Us being under level exacerbates the issue because in action the adds are the actual problem not the boss.

Also I don't see why they couldn't have the fallen perk be in addition to other perks. They have already shown that's a possibility with the crota weapons. Seems real dumb that it's not the case now.

ocean

Banned
You're not adressing my points, and I'm not the only one not enjoying the kind of "challenge" being one level under in Destiny is. Lots of people don't like this artificial difficulty. I'm sure there are people who do enjoy it, though, but I'm also quite sure a lot of the players who ran PoE 34 as 33s did it for the loot, and not for the fun they got out of it.
Also, your tone doesn't really entice a fair and welcoming discussion.

My problem is that it's coupled with modifiers that are already working against the players, and are already turning the game into a "hide behind a crate / rock the whole time otherwise one hit will kill you dead yessss?". I'm already playing the "challenge" being one level below the enemies is offering when playing a nightfall with a burn, only in that case I can also kill them in one hit. But even with that it all boils down to "take no risk, abuse the covers, cheese the encounters as much as you can", and this is really not a fun way to play the game I think.
I really (really) enjoy PoE 32 for the moment because at least it's fair on this point, and allows for more mobility in the encounters. I do like challenges in games when the challenge comes from the mechanics, not when it's only about being at an artificial disadvantage with the enemies. They have proven with VoG (and Qodron) that they can create such mechanics without resorting to the good old and boring "enemies are tougher", the fact that they go on with that underlevel bullshit they initiated with CE is really disappointing to me, and it's not something I'm interested in.
But yeah, I'll be doing PoE 34 once I hit 34 and will start getting etheric lights, so this is not a real problem in the end, all I'm saying is that Bungie could have probably thought of a better way to give players with less time on their hand, or that are less "hardcore" than the others a better way to get a few etheric lights than having to be lucky on the NF. I was at a friend's house this past week-end, and he really likes Destiny and playing it, but all of his other friends stopped playing the game (and he's on Xbox One so I can't help him) so he's left only doing the activities that have some matchmaking, because he's not that much into the game as to try and find some strangers on the net to play things with. And he was telling me he was really disappointed with HoW, because before that when he found a new weapon or armor, he could level it up and feel a sense of progression. He would find ascendant shards from random solo activities, and could level up to 31 and feel he was making progress in the game. Now he's 33 "out of the box", and will never get an etheric light to progress his gear further because he's not soloing the nightfall and doesn't play pvp. I'm sure he's not alone in this situation, and it's sad Bungie didn't think about those kind of players.

The etheric light system is good, it's just the distribution of those mats that is kinda off.
Hardcore PVP and PVE players are swimming in them, to the point of having too many of them in just two weeks, while more casual players are starving for some.
To be fair, your friend would have been stuck below max level before anyways since he wouldn't be able to Raid if he doesn't look for groups. Finding a PoE group is even easier since it's only 3 people.

As for being under leveled with modifiers...again, it's just "Hard Mode". The first 5 rounds of PoE 35 aren't bad at all as 34s, totally doable with few or zero wipes. Skolas was a bitch though, totally with you on that :p

Void burn is our friend !

blazeuk

LFG websites being hilarious as always, defender Titan's with maxed Gjallarhorn is pretty much all that people are looking for.

Well, both the secondary perk and the element are random. So blame their random system more than the actual design.

Despite that all these Fallen perks suck ass.

Yes, also the general stats on the hand cannon are not so good. Same for all primary weapons dropped from Skolas.

I don't know how you spent 4 hours on void Skolas. Void should be easiest imo as there are no void attacks from the fallen.

TheOddOne

image1grr0.png

U3NbZJz.gif

Marvel

could never
Sucked to have to duck out like that, will be back properly later. I'll be on soon but solo most likely as I will be off mic and not on longer than 45 mins so not worth taking a slot.

You guys did a good job. Even with an underleveled PR we still killed him faster than some people did with maxed out weapons.

I ascended it lol. I forgot to but did after our first round.

What do you recommend I go for with the cipher? Dregs promise looks the best

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I ascended it lol. I forgot to but did after our first round.

What do you recommend I go for with the cipher? Dregs promise looks the best

You choose with your heart.

Still up for POE 32-34 x2 and one last 35 if anyone is running. Also weeklies and the old stuff. I'll probably work on those near or on the weekend.

How any Etheric lights from Iron banner per character.

I can see one for getting to level 3, but that's it.

Is there a hidden etheric for level 5 that I cannot see ?

I think you have to get the one at level 3 first then another one will definitely be be available at 5.

Wow, that was something I wasn't expecting tonight. Beat my most Crucible kills in a game record. Used to be 44 and now it's 52 ayyyy.

Still couldn't crack 10k points tho :( 400 shy.

Jaeyden

You're not adressing my points, and I'm not the only one not enjoying the kind of "challenge" being one level under in Destiny is. Lots of people don't like this artificial difficulty. I'm sure there are people who do enjoy it, though, but I'm also quite sure a lot of the players who ran PoE 34 as 33s did it for the loot, and not for the fun they got out of it.
Also, your tone doesn't really entice a fair and welcoming discussion.

Sorry about the tone man. I guess I'm just tired of reading constant complaints about how Bungie needs to change this "because I can't do it, it's too hard" or Bungie needs to change that "because it doesn't fit my schedule, or play style or whatever". Don't get me wrong, I think Bungie has made a lot of mistakes in the life of this game. I also think they've made a few changes for the better over the last 6 months but making "the game" trivial and easier is not one I like nor want to see. The fact that I had all 3 of my characters to level 34 in 3 days was, honestly, a bit of a let down. The shitty parts of this game (the grind, RNG, difficult and frustrating encounters) are necessary evils. People may not like them and Bungie has obviously tried to tweak some of this but they are integral to an MMO like experience whether we like it or not. Personally, I think they went too far with this DLC in order to please the casuals.

noomi

You take that back! Nothing is better than Necrochasm! NOTHING!

I think if they ever buff the nechro you're going to actually lose your shit. Shhh, only dreams now.

The only problem with the Skolas fight is the number of adds. They continue to treat adds as fluff in these fights and just toss hordes of them at you. Us being under level exacerbates the issue because in action the adds are the actual problem not the boss.

Also I don't see why they couldn't have the fallen perk be in addition to other perks. They have already shown that's a possibility with the crota weapons. Seems real dumb that it's not the case now.

Pretty much this dude, all those adds with them being 1 level higher than us kind of sucks. I just felt totally defeated last night, was not a happy guardian.

Cosmos, Red and me just beat Skolas again. It went pretty fast.

Got my final cipher and my third ship.

Kadey pls. You already did all 3 35's?

I don't know how you spent 4 hours on void Skolas. Void should be easiest imo as there are no void attacks from the fallen.

Well, it wasn't 4 hours on actual Skolas. It was more like an hour and a half to get to Skolas, and then over 2 hours on Skolas.

I beat him with arc burn last week x3, I thought this was going to be a cake walk....

And not to call anyone out, I know he was doing his absolute best and is a really great player....but we did have a guardian that had un-ascended weapons (300dmg ones) and was doing the encounter for the first time. Our Praedyth's Revenge weren't really doing the necessary DPS.

Top Bottom