• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Jaeyden

Wrong what? That majority of people here like the level disadvantaged difficulty rather than actual difficulty? lol yea right.
Gear is not a problem for me, I have almost everything.

Nah, I get it that most people don't like that they will always be lvl 34 against lvl 35 enemies until next DLC and to them that's unfair and not fun. I think people are wrong in assuming they are at a permanent level disadvantage though, so to speak, and that nothing will change to increase their odds of success until they get to 35. The gear sets are made to make the encounters easier but it takes time to build up those sets. Do you have a full set of PoE Fallen gear? Does your entire Fireteam? I doubt it, but if you do congrats.

Think of it this way. Would things be different if all the enemies had 34 written above their heads but had 30% more health and hit 30% harder? The encounters in 35 PoE are fairly close to level of challenge the developer wants them to be regardless of the number over the top of the enemies head.

Fucking Skolas scared me last night. We all went about doing everything as normal: running down the side, killing the servitor quickly, and placing a WoL bubble at the door.

So what was the problem? As soon as we killed the servitor, which was literally the moment we made it on to the platform, we turn around to place a bubble at the door. We didn't end up placing the bubble down. Why? Skolas was fucking there already. Like literally at the door. First time that has ever happened in my several PoE 35 runs. We did everything as one normally does but bastard somehow learned Goku's Instant Transmission.
Lol that happened to my group last week. He did it twice; made me think Bungie patched it at first lol.

E92 M3

I am pretty much the only one without a Cipher now lol. Need to do Skolas tonight.

Also, being capped at 200 marks is bothering me like crazy, but there is nothing to spend them on.

Jinjo

Woah. When Datto is saying the difficulty spike in certain encounters in PoE goes beyond the line of fun, challenging and reasonable you know you fucked up, Bungie. Challenging for the sake of being challenging is how he describes it. Can't believe I agree with him for once.

nOoblet16

Woah. When Datto is saying the difficulty spike in certain encounters in PoE goes beyond the line of fun, challenging and reasonable you know you fucked up, Bungie. Challenging for the sake of being challenging is how he describes it. Can't believe I agree with him for once.

link to the video?

Nah, I get it that most people don't like that they will always be lvl 34 against lvl 35 enemies until next DLC and to them that's unfair and not fun. I think people are wrong in assuming they are at a permanent level disadvantage though, so to speak, and that nothing will change to increase their odds of success until they get to 35. The gear sets are made to make the encounters easier but it takes time to build up those sets. Do you have a full set of PoE Fallen gear? Does your entire Fireteam? I doubt it, but if you do congrats.

Think of it this way. Would things be different if all the enemies had 34 written above their heads but had 30% more health and hit 30% harder? The encounters in 35 PoE are fairly close to level of challenge the developer wants them to be regardless of the number over the top of the enemies head.
Lol nope just a lazy and piss poor way to make things hard. Look at the demand for gjallarhorn on lfg. Atheon was a great encounter, why? It requires teamwork. Making bullet sponges with bullet sponges adds is lazy. I don't believe a fallen HC that does solar and might suppress a captain will be helpful when ~3 bullet sponge captains are rushing me along with a bullet sponge boss.

PuMa

So I know this has been mentioned a few times before, and I think it would actually be a lot of fun.

Lets do a drunk raid/arena one night. We can have a bunch of people in party chat liquored up and stupid and then just kill shit :D

I will join you, noomi!

Just jumped back in after probably 2 months out.

House of Wolves is really great, isn't it? Damn shame the game wasn't released in this state; would've had 9/10s all over the place.

I just got a treasure key as a reward from a bounty in the reef; what does it do?

nOoblet16

PoE fallen gears are trash, all STR and the weapons are shit too.

What I am saying is that overlevelled enemies are not "difficult" they are artificially difficult. Here I am spending hours to get my character to a level and the end game content is restricting my damage output and increasing my damage intake..wut? It's a lazy way to make games difficult. It's the equivalent of "hard" difficult in other games where you die in one-two shots...it's not hard just lazy difficulty.

noomi

I'm in if timezones allow for it!

Anyone for a 32 weekly? These randoms suck :-(

I will join you, noomi!

Oh man, so this might actually happen!?!? Ok! Just need to try and organize everything and figure out the best time/day for everyone :D

I need to know what time zones everyone is in, let me know!

PuMa, I don't believe you are on my friends list, what is your PSN?

Namikaze1

Decided to watch last night's Skolas run. Holy shit! LiK and Zoba, it took us almost 20 minutes it seems to take down Skolas. I only have the last 15 minutes of it so I didn't captured us coming in and doing the the first steps of the strat we ended up ignoring afterwards. Though we have to take into account that it was LiK's first PoE 35 run and Zoba had deleted his characters before so he didn't have a great void sniper. But damn. We survived for that long.

Should I upload it guys?

PuMa

Oh man, so this might actually happen!?!? Ok! Just need to try and organize everything and figure out the best time/day for everyone :D

PuMa, I don't believe you are on my friends list, what is your PSN?

PSN is Puma. I thought I had you on my list, but I might just have been in a party with you before a couple times.

EL CUCO

I couldn't agree more with him. I found the 34 far less annoying than 32 this week, simply because of the mess of adds that the Quodron fight throws at you. It's not that it's hard, it's just not fun.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Whoa. Randoms really are depressing. First guy kept on running into death. Second guy is all about camping and doing nothing :'(

Will have to try the weekly strike later tonight when more gaffers are about.

noomi

Have there been any terrible experiences with gaffers squadding up?
*gets tea*

I have never once had a bad experience when playing with gaffers, not once. Well except Macello, he scrubs it up aaaalll the time
JK BUDDY! Macello <3

fireteams & lfg on the other hand.... yeah plenty.

If anything, my Destiny experience is much better because of DGAF. Quite Honestly, if it wasn't for all you guys here I don't even think I would be playing Destiny anymore. This community is by far the coolest, most fun, and dedicated bunch of players I have ever had the pleasure to play with. I know when the time comes I will be friends with these guys for years after Destiny too :)

God forbid a AAA video game actually be challenging.

"You're gonna fail."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am pretty much the only one without a Cipher now lol. Need to do Skolas tonight.
I've gotten 5 this week. I feel like they're giving them away now.

The game is still about DPS cheese though. It's like they regressed from the Crota design.

bosseye

I just got a treasure key as a reward from a bounty in the reef; what does it do?

They open a big treasure chest in the Crystal Barrow which is a room below the Prison of Elders.

You have to run the Prison of Elders on any level first, complete it and Varyks opens the access to the treasure room. In there are two little chests and a big one. The big one uses the treasure key.

I love the treasure room. Its well shiny.

ocean

Banned
I don't get the backlash. Quadron was exactly what we've been asking for; mechanics. It isn't even that hard! Or even hard at all. Never had a hard time with it, totally don't understand what people are talking about. Sure it takes a long time to kill him but you shouldn't have any wipes if you play carefully.

Skolas 35 is bullshitty difficulty with burns and level handicap and mine objective and a debuff...but it's supposed to be the hardest content in the game. It'd be silly to have everyone doing it in one or two tries two weeks in.

bosseye

Also I appear to have run out of vault space already. Good excuse for a clear out, I've had to ditch a number of legendary weapons I've had sat in there since Day on but never used.

I've got so many weapons I want to upgrade now. Still not seen any Etheric Light though, ha.

I have never once had a bad experience when playing with gaffers, not once. Well except Macello, he scrubs it up aaaalll the time
JK BUDDY! Macello <3

fireteams & lfg on the other hand.... yeah plenty.

If anything, my Destiny experience is much better because of DGAF. Quite Honestly, if it wasn't for all you guys here I don't even think I would be playing Destiny anymore. This community is by far the coolest, most fun, and dedicated bunch of players I have ever had the pleasure to play with. I know when the time comes I will be friends with these guys for years after Destiny too :)

Macello is awesome yo

bosseye

I don't get the backlash. Quadron was exactly what we've been asking for; mechanics. It isn't even that hard! Or even hard at all. Never had a hard time with it, totally don't understand what people are talking about. Sure it takes a long time to kill him but you shouldn't have any wipes if you play carefully.

Skolas 35 is bullshitty difficulty with burns and level handicap and mine objective and a debuff...but it's supposed to be the hardest content in the game. It'd be silly to have everyone doing it in one or two tries two weeks in.

Quodron on 34 PoE was a nightmare. I never finished it and burned through 3 gaffers trying to. Quodron on 32 PoE however, was an entertaining encounter, did it first time with my usual fireteam last night. It was challenging and fun.

It was the damn yellow bar hobgoblins on 34 I think, there was just so many of them and it seemed like I could do barely any damage and could take even less so died all the time. Having to watch the Quodron reveal 'cutscene' ever time we wiped was just incredibly grating after a while.

Would like to run a 34 PoE again at some stage though.

Jaeyden

Lol nope just a lazy and piss poor way to make things hard. Look at the demand for gjallarhorn on lfg. Atheon was a great encounter, why? It requires teamwork. Making bullet sponges with bullet sponges adds is lazy. I don't believe a fallen HC that does solar and might suppress a captain will be helpful when ~3 bullet sponge captains are rushing me along with a bullet sponge boss.

Piss poor? Yeah. Lazy? Doubt it. More like not enough time to make a better encounter. VoG had a lot more time to bake in the oven than Crota and HoW and it shows, but don't forget that Hard VoG was very challenging for a full fireteam of 29's and it wasn't until people were hitting 30 that things started getting easier. Teams are still cheesing oracles and Templar for what it's worth. At least this time around you can get gear that specifically boosts your abilities greatly in the PoE encounters. I'll conceed that the burns on a few of the encounters can be too much though and whether that gets mush better with a full set of encounter specific armor is yet to be seen. Arc burn on Skolas last week was ridiculous and the fact that there are no checkpoints makes it hard to invest time trying to conquer it again after failed attempts. Without the burn I think the fight is what it should be.

As for your Solar HC with Captain Stun, I'm sorry. At least you have a solar HC. :)

noomi

I am in , just need the date, so i can get the next day off from work. Just need to set rules, wipe a shot ? or death a shot? Oh it will be fun.

Yup, I'll try and get something organized for everyone. Just need to know what time zones we are all in.

I figured we can start with something casual like Normal VoG, and then work our way to to the harder stuff or vice versa hehe. Oh god, every time someone wipes to take a shot, we will be hammered! We can even try our hand at crucible!

And someone will have to stream the whole thing... you know for evidence (black mail)

Macello is awesome yo

He is :D We just like taking shots at each other lol.

Fehyd

Banned
By the way wanted to apologize if I got anyone mad last night while I was salty about leveling.

Just had a friend ditch me to play destiny with some other friends of theirs, so I wasnt exactly in the best of moods at that point. Plus getting repeatedly wrecked with matchmaker groups doesn't exactly make one feel better.

Lol that happened to my group last week. He did it twice; made me think Bungie patched it at first lol.

There is nothing to patch IMO. Its not like people are cheating, only using high DPS weapons to burn him down like they should be if everything is maxed out.

Obviously its probably not the way they intended for the battle to go but atleast we still have a choice (for now) lol.

Deku Tree

We had infinite heavy ammo crate in the level 32 PoE yesterday up until quodron.

It spawned the first time we entered the vex room and it never de spawned until quodron so every time we went in there we had lots of heavy.

Yup, I'll try and get something organized for everyone. Just need to know what time zones we are all in.

I figured we can start with something casual like Normal VoG, and then work our way to to the harder stuff or vice versa hehe. Oh god, every time someone wipes to take a shot, we will be hammered! We can even try our hand at crucible!

And someone will have to stream the whole thing... you know for evidence (black mail)

We'll start with Skolas :p

God forbid a AAA video game actually be challenging.

"You're gonna fail."

Well I've failed a lot, mostly due to flunking the gear check that is Gjallarhorn. I was a contributing member of a 35 run last night (with a void Efrideet's Spear), but the first week seemed to REQUIRE Gjallarhorn. I know some can come back with videos of them killing him without a Gjallarhorn on week one, but those are the exception to prove the rule.

Top of the page obligatory SPACEBEARD image. I can only dream of my Warlock looking as cool as the Dude. Make it happen Bungie. Comet needs facial hair!!!!
beard4.jpg

Top Bottom