• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Marvel

could never
What's sad is that they could easily make that gun pretty freaking sweet. Imagine if the bullets just went through damn near everything. Hive knight shields, cabal shields, that stupid human torch shit that Hobgoblins do...imagine never dealing with that again. All that would be possible with MY Hard Light.
I dig it

Namikaze1

Switched from Void Scholar to the ToO Void AR i got two weeks ago for the Skolas fight yesterday. Can't get into the scout for some reason.

Loadout was initially:
The Scholar
Efrideet's Spear
Corrective Measure

Final Loadout was the same except for The Scholar being switched with The Summoner (I believe that's the name. Can't recall)

Zoidberg

2 guardians seeking a third for a good time in the prison of elders (34). What happens in the treasure room stays in the fireteam.

Got a matador 64, void. Linear compensator, close and/or personal, smallbore, and cascade.

I know it's not the perfect roll but it's void which I need for my thorn bounty and I need to focus my Titan on melee these days anyway. Before I leveled my lock and hunter, I was trying to make my Titan into someone who could do anything, but now that I have options I want to give her a focus. I think this roll sets me up nicely.

Deku Tree

BTW does anyone know what you need to do to get the IB grimoire card?

Not sure if you will see this... But Sorry again that I didn't pick you last night. I was kind of tired and I posted here and also on a PSN list (because it seemed like GAF was slow) and people I saw the PSN list response first.

FWIW we tried for an hour before I had to got to sleep. One of us had a 283 sniper which didn't make it easy.

I still need one Skolas for this week.

Has there been much discussion about lack of cheese and/or easier strategies for PoE?

I know there is the 42 GHorn salute, which could work for any boss fight (without specific mechanics to stop it)...but there don't seem to be anything like:-

Invisi hunters doing the lamps
Split the party in two and distract ogres to do the lamps
Use self res to bypass the bridge encounter
Stand on a window sill to avoid all adds and rocket the boss

Spam grenades to make GK and Aetheon fall off

In PoE there is that one room where you can run round the back and none of the adds spawn to start....but other than that (and boss burn) you have to do the fight "legit".

I wonder if Bungie deliberately made 34 and 35 very very hard, assuming the community would find strategies to simplify them a lot....

...but actually because the level design and mechanics are relatively simple, there are no "avoid half the encounter" cheeses.

Datto's video on PoE is pretty good - the use of major enemies should be sparing and as a focal point you have to quickly deal with before getting on with the main mission. At least two of the rooms spawn too many majors.

nOoblet16

This is wrong. The 35 Skolas fight might have been quite difficult over the last 2 weeks but that's because no one is geared up for it. It is not supposed to be that hard forever. You need to keep playing and get PoE gear with Race specific perks to make the encounters easier. I have greatly increased Recovery and Super recharge when fighting fallen on my helmet and it makes a big difference. Things will be way different when you have full set of gear for encounters.

Wrong what? That majority of people here like the level disadvantaged difficulty rather than actual difficulty? lol yea right.
Gear is not a problem for me, I have almost everything.

I met a guy on dlfg.net named "proclassgamer" who pulled me into a Prison of Elders Level 34 Round 5. We agree to try and burn the boss as quickly as possible (he's using an Ice Breaker). He surprise-drops a bubble in front of my Gjallarhorn shot, then avoids any discussion on subsequent strategy, and then once rockets were loaded and synth was reset, boots me from fireteam and party.

This. This right here is why I cannot deal with Dlfg.

Wrong what? That majority of people here like the level disadvantaged difficulty rather than actual difficulty? lol yea right.

Gear is not a problem for me, I have almost everything.

I don't. Much rather have skolas at 34 with a smarter difficulty rather then him being over leveled just to add to the difficulty.

BTW does anyone know what you need to do to get the new IB grimoire card?

I got one loading into first match of IB yesterday.

TheOddOne

I met a guy on dlfg.net named "proclassgamer" who pulled me into a Prison of Elders Level 34 Round 5. We agree to try and burn the boss as quickly as possible (he's using an Ice Breaker). He surprise-drops a bubble in front of my Gjallarhorn shot, then avoids any discussion on subsequent strategy, and then once rockets were loaded and synth was reset, boots me from fireteam and party.
I've had more good experiences with LFG than bad, but when it is bad—it‘s catastrophically bad.

I’ve had great experiences with Americans, but Europeans have been a total hit or miss.

ocean

Banned
In case you guys didn't know:

Using the new Hunter Gauntlets with invisibility perk can grant you infinite invisibility. Just use Stalker on your BD subclass.

Crouch, and equip the gauntlets while you're invisible.

The new invisibility perk will have a different cool down timer. As soon as your Stalker invisibility runs out, crouch again and you'll get the Gauntlets invisibility. The Stalker cool down will be ready by the time that runs out, so as soon as you're visible just crouch again...

You will always be able to crouch and go invisible with no cool down. If you die you have to set it up again though (equip them while invisible to separate the cool down timers).

ocean

Banned
Cant kill any bladedancer that comes near me

As soon I turn bladedancer im instantly killed
1v1 players will have a hard time killing you (although not impossible). If there's several targets shooting at you and they saw you from afar they can totally get you though.

The solution is always blink. Blink and murder go hand in hand.

So yesterday I completed 3 NFs, 3 PoE 34s. Now I need to do 3 PoE 32s, and 3 Weeklys. And maybe some Poe 28 if it is worth it. Should be a chill grinding session when I get back home and from the gym.

Nuszka

So I know this has been mentioned a few times before, and I think it would actually be a lot of fun.

Lets do a drunk raid/arena one night. We can have a bunch of people in party chat liquored up and stupid and then just kill shit :D

Stands in line.

Stratn

Every single time I use LFG it always ends up bad, then Kady comes in to save the day. I have always been in a group where 1 guy thinks he can run the sword, we end up dying 5-6 times everyone gets frustrated, Kady makes a grand entrance and takes Crota down in no time.

Now, word has spread throughout my friends list about the Great Kady and her Sword wielding skills. And every time we get to Crota, at least one person will ask if Kady is online, then proceed to tell the others in the group of what she is capable of. Its funny what word of mouth can do.

P.S. She is one of....if not, the best sword runner I have ever seen. Thanks for all help Kady!!!

Fehyd

Banned
There gonna be any IB trains running tonight? Tried unsuccessfully for 4-5 hours last night to group up with other gaf'ers but ended up hitting rank 2 via match finder.

What a waste of a double exotic shard.

image.php

You need another to get it to 365? What's the damage cap when you get a 334 version then?

Waldini

Running Crota Normal as a level 34 ... is it just me, or has the Oversoul become indestructable?

Goddamn that thing is tough as shit now.

O! Any people on XBOX want to run a VoG with me in about 4 hours? I need those VoG greaves to finish my level 34 Titan Set

Omni

That's why I always host if I'm looking for randoms.

Never booted anyone before. I think my experience has been pretty good actually. Usually get really solid players from there.

Top Bottom