• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Lnkn52

Did Qodron fight "legit" for the first time yesterday. It was awesome.
Super Good Advice + Snipers is the way to do it. Really fun fight.
That said, we were all hunters 2 34s and 1 33 doing it on level 32 and it still was fucking hard.

Good morning DGaf. Finally beat that bastard Skolas last night, and even did all of the mechanics! Crazy, but it's actually fun when everything doesn't one shot you.

Legit is the way to go this week.

200.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Which sniper would be better as is for Skolas when 365? Also, is Truth at 365 and Word of Crota at 365 a good loadout with said high impact void sniper?

http://i.imgur.com/gx8nUl6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bfI9KQD.jpg
If one the LDR has the last round perk, you might go with that. Otherwise, you might want one with field scout. Otherwise, it doesn't matter as long as the impact is high.

Ideally you won't need to ever fire the Word or your Heavy, but Corrective Measure is a good choice for a final few shots, especially if ads start swamping you.

Shito

That said, we were all hunters 2 34s and 1 33 doing it on level 32 and it still was fucking hard.
Yep, did it yesterday too and I found the fight to be fun and fair, even though it could use a bit less hobgoblins, but that's just nitpicking. The way we did it was to not have a designated "eye killer", but warn each others as to where the eye was and kill it when one of us could; this made it so we all got the buff at one point or another, so that was quite fun and less stressful than having someone to rely on / be the one the others rely on.
Didn't think about trying it: SGA works like on the oracles then, counting as missed hits and returning ammos? Went the shotgun way, which added a nice layer of "crap, gotta get behind those crates protecting me to fetch some ammos!"... ^^

Nuszka

So what would be the easiest way to farm elder cipher points this week, do the level 34 and wipe on the boss?

What about poe 32 farm get him down and the bullet to the knee. Will be on tonight, don't care about anything then getting that bounty sorted.

tick221

This fight infuriates me to no end, made it through a 35 last night and had no issues with the mechanics of any of the rounds but rage quit on a 32 lol

Haybro

Is the progression from 1 to 3 quicker than 3 to 5 in IB?

I'm trying to maximize the amount of etheric light I can get, and wondering if I should switch characters once I hit level 3.

ocean

Banned
Team First Try rocking the house.

It depends on 2 things -

Number 1 if I can get the TV from my SO

Number 2 whether it's doable as a 33. I only need one Etheric light and I'll be 34 :-/
Remember Qodron is the level 32 this week! Should be totally ok :)

noomi

So the last step of the Elder Cipher bounty, can you pick something different than what you picked at the beginning?

Yep, seems like you can chose any one of the 3 when you gather enough points :)

What about poe 32 farm get him down and the bullet to the knee. Will be on tonight, don't care about anything then getting that bounty sorted.

Hmm it might be, I think the level 32 boss only gives 75 points though?

We would have to kill him 14 times :eek:

*edit*

nvm 200 points :)

Yep, did it yesterday too and I found the fight to be fun and fair, even though it could use a bit less hobgoblins, but that's just nitpicking. The way we did it was to not have a designated "eye killer", but warn each others as to where the eye was and kill it when one of us could; this made it so we all got the buff at one point or another, so that was quite fun and less stressful than having someone to rely on / be the one the others rely on.
Didn't think about trying it: SGA works like on the oracles then, counting as missed hits and returning ammos? Went the shotgun way, which added a nice layer of "crap, gotta get behind those crates protecting me to fetch some ammos!"... ^^

Exactly. Never run out of ammo when you shoot the shields.

PuMa

Is the progression from 1 to 3 quicker than 3 to 5 in IB?

I'm trying to maximize the amount of etheric light I can get, and wondering if I should switch characters once I hit level 3.

Yes, 1-3 is quicker. The XP requirement to rank up increases as you go.

Anybody interested in visiting Omnigul and knocking out the Weeklies?

Don't really need the coins, but I want the rep, and I only have the strike unlocked on my main (laziness).

Edit: Gala and I will be doing Weeklies x3 and then some PoE 32 ~30 minutes if anyone wants to be our 3rd and carry us to Mercury . . . errr . . . I mean the Treasure Room.

Hoodbury

Noob question of the day, what's the strat for the 32 boss? I kept getting in the detain field and then dying from a shockwave without moving.

Lima

So after spending some time with them here is my ranking for the 3 new exotic weapons.

PvE
1. lord of wolves. This is one legit shotgun. You destroy things with it and never run out of ammo. I've played entire lvl 28 PoE's with it just for fun.
2. Dreg's Promise. Same deal as the Dynasty. Not great but useable if special weapon damage modifier is active
3. Queen breakers bow. This thing just sucks in PvE

PvP
1. Queen breakers bow. The best of the bunch for PvP. Amazing gun and with the combat sights the enemy won't even see the red dot while you are aiming down sights. Pretty good advantage if they don't know you are trying to snipe them.
2. Dreg's Promise. Mid to close range weapon where in both cases I prefer a shotgun but this isn't half bad and every time you die you pretty much have ammo.
3. Lord of Wolves. Lol. As good as this thing is in PvE it sucks in PvP. It has abysmal range and the full 5 round burst needs to hit the enemy to kill them. No thanks.

noomi

Now that you can't loot Ether chests more than once, anyone figure out how to farm weapon parts?

Someone here mentioned the other day.

If you have glimmer and have won a few ToO games (7?), you can keep buying the weapons from Brother Osiris and dismantling them. Although 500 glimmer per purchase...

Deku Tree

Here are my random thoughts.

Destiny and the DLC's thus far were designed with underleveled mechanics in mind in the end game PvE. VoG implemented this with the abysmal 30 light armor drop rates. People got mad at the forever 29. So then IMO they put in a level 33 Crota and upped the armor drop rates. Skolas was a similar story. To get rid of the Forever29 meme Bungie made everyone underleveled. It was impossible to change the encounters substantially more than that because they were already essentially finished a long time ago and the design team is mostly now working on future releases.

Also Skolas needs a CP. it is ridiculous that Skolas doesn't have a CP system of some kind.

I am not sure how much the complaints on this board reflect the larger community feelings I don't pay enough attention off GAF to know. But if the community thinks the fights are too cheap then hopefully with TTK DLC and later on we will see better mechanics.

For Crota I hated the underleveled hard mode because of the bugs. For Skolas I don't hate the level 35... Instead I hate the punishing burns, particularly ARC burn where you get one shot too quickly. It feels cheap. I might just regularly skip arc burn Skolas. Too busy with RL.

It is now the third reset into this expansion and I don't do everything every week and I already have tons of e-light that I am saving to use when I need it and not rushing to pump it into all my weapons immediately. The e-light situation makes me want to save it until I learn what load-outs I will need for future weeks and until I get weapons with near perfect rolls etc.

Also Datto sounds like a hypocrite in his video. He put out an old video asking for Doors on strike bosses (including Omnigul arc burn) and new crazy mechanics on the Omnigul fight that would make it inaccessible to almost everyone. And now he thinks a few yellow bars on quodron are too hard? I don't get Datto.

Lastly A consequence of the new leveling system is that I don't care about the new PoE or ToO weapons as much or at all... I mean the PoE weapons lost a perk which sucks and the old weapons are already just too good as it is. And to add to that they give you a random roll and you can get troll perks like "shank burn" on your premiere end game weapons??? Really Bungie? The "hive disruptor" perk on the CE weapons was perfect and I think Bungie went too far with the perk changes on the PoE weapons. PoE weapons need a buff with a new perk. But it probably will never happen. With every step forward it feels like there are always steps back as well. The only "new" weapon I really want is a void burn scout rifle but it's not a necessity at all. Further Bungie is giving us the worst rolls on the PoE armor. But giving good rolls on the ToO armor. I don't like it.

Lastly the quality of life improvements were mostly all great. I like that the end game armor is already max light level. I like that we can re-roll weapons. I like the e-light system. I like that we can keep our old stuff viable. I like the lack of damage bubbles and power bubbles to fill in. I like the reduced exp requirements. I even like the exotic bounties. But Skolas should have a higher drop rate for elemental weapons. I've beaten him five times and gotten zero weapons.

Those are my thoughts on PvE right now.

PuMa

Someone here mentioned the other day.

If you have glimmer and have won a few ToO games (7?), you can keep buying the weapons from Brother Osiris and dismantling them. Although 500 glimmer per purchase...

Better than buying green weapons from the gunsmith for 800-930 glimmer...for ONE weapon part. Seriously, Bungie?

Lima

Datto is a douche. I will never understand why people like that guy or listen to him. I mean they say that opinions can't be wrong but he sure is.

BondFancy

If one the LDR has the last round perk, you might go with that. Otherwise, you might want one with field scout. Otherwise, it doesn't matter as long as the impact is high.

Ideally you won't need to ever fire the Word or your Heavy, but Corrective Measure is a good choice for a final few shots, especially if ads start swamping you.
Unfortunately, no final round on it. Field scout is great but the rest of the perks are kinda poop haha. Long as it gets the job done.

I feel so bad for the people who had to Nightfall with me from here yesterday. It's literally been bugging me since we finished. I wound up with fewer kills than someone who joined at the very end!

Ugh, sorry...had to get that off my chest haha.

Lima

Saw it, yeah. Was never really into the fallout/oblivion/skyrim games... but I'll keep my eye on it.

The only game that could ever make me play less Destiny would be The Division... and that's only if it's done right. We'll see....

I'm not allowed to talk about it in detail but you just wait. That game is going to be amazing.

Hoodbury

I feel so bad for the people who had to Nightfall with me from here yesterday. It's literally been bugging me since we finished. I wound up with fewer kills than someone who joined at the very end!

Ugh, sorry...had to get that off my chest haha.

Hmm, if we're doing confessions, I guess I should apologize to X-frame and Lun then for dying from the "OH SHIP" many many times.

LkPr

Is during IB a bad time to start working on my Thorn bounty that I just got last night? LOL the only Void primary I have is Atheons. But my swordbreaker works very well in PVP

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I was just wondering (while working!) whether we know for sure how many active Destiny players there are? I know Activision gave that joint "account" figure with Hearthstone, but I'm curious. Planet Destiny seems to get 60-70k views for fairly niche (although great) videos and I'm sure I've seen some Datto ones get 300k. It certainly feels very active at the moment, but at the same time the last Destiny thread I read on gaming side (about a PC version) made me wonder if we're in a tiny little bubble of people who actually love this game.

Edit- my numbers are wrong. 300k views for a new exotic review on Planet Destiny :-0

PuMa

Saw it, yeah. Was never really into the fallout/oblivion/skyrim games... but I'll keep my eye on it.

The only game that could ever make me play less Destiny would be The Division... and that's only if it's done right. We'll see....

CANT WAIT for The Division!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good morning DGaf. Finally beat that bastard Skolas last night, and even did all of the mechanics! Crazy, but it's actually fun when everything doesn't one shot you.
Congrats!

I didn't play any games or really do much of anything last night

Top Bottom