• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

zewone

How do you fight Skolas legit? I know of the horn rush strategy, but honestly I did the same strategy this week and last with snipers. Am I not supposed to shoot him until the adds come out? Is shooting him in the 30 seconds before they do "not legit?"

Do people really consider sniping him with weapons of light cheesing?

FQ6Ww9q.jpg

Frenden

Banned
I always heard tales of people getting their perfect rolls pretty easily, so I just assumed it would happen to me too. Not so. There are 7 tier 1 perks and 6 tier 2 perks, so that means a sniper with both the perks I want is a 1/42 chance. Ughhhhh

I got super lucky. ~10 motes and got two of these.

Longview SR10 (Only .5x more zoom than Shortgaze and +30 (!) Aim Assist)

Hidden Hand

Injection Mold

Unflinching

My second is a PvE variant with all the same perks, but Shoot to Loot instead of Unflinching.

Omni

How do you fight Skolas legit? I know of the horn rush strategy, but honestly I did the same strategy this week and last with snipers. Am I not supposed to shoot him until the adds come out? Is shooting him in the 30 seconds before they do "not legit?"

Do people really consider sniping him with weapons of light cheesing?

This is how I did it this week.

1) Rush out and kill servitor as usual
2) Snipe Skolas down to about 50%. We had three Warlocks so no WoL.
3) Deal with first set of mines.
4) Circle around and back to left side to damage Skolas again.
5) Deal with last set of mines
6) Circle back around and finish Skolas off.

Was actually rather fun without being one shot by everything. Void burn is the best.

zewone

This is how I did it this week.

1) Rush out and kill servitor as usual
2) Snipe Skolas down to about 50%. We had three Warlocks so no WoL.
3) Deal with first set of mines.
4) Circle around and back to left side to damage Skolas again.
5) Deal with last set of mines
6) Circle back around and finish Skolas off.

Was actually rather fun without being one shot by everything. Void burn is the best.
People are going to be forced to do this once there is no burn.

exYle

What is the best Legendary Sniper with reforge in the game?

Reddit says it's the Low-Grade Humility. Aim for Hidden Hand and Unflinching.

Hidden Hand

Injection Mold

Unflinching

My second is a PvE variant with all the same perks, but Shoot to Loot instead of Unflinching.

YOU SON OF A BITCH

Deku Tree

People are going to be forced to do this once there is no burn.

So I guess next week Skolas is either no burn or solar burn again? I wonder if they will introduce other modifiers into the encounter.

I wish they rotated the rest of PoE35. Having it be the same every week when the level 34 changes every week is a bummer.

So I guess next week Skolas is either no burn or solar burn again? I wonder if they will introduce other modifiers into the encounter.

I wish they rotated the rest of PoE35. Having it be the same every week when the level 34 changes every week is a bummer.

I'd be happy if they changed the other round's modifiers.

I'm getting really sick of small arms against the Pilot Servitor.

Hey DGAF.

I'm coming back after starting the game in November. I got to level 25 and am going through the OP notes to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

While I do that what things should I be doing every day in the game to make sure I'm making the best of my time?

Hidden Hand

Injection Mold

Unflinching

Where can you buy Low Grade Humility?

Just a quick follow-up shout out to router, save, hated, ken, lazy, and a brief cameo from cloud! What a fun and relaxed IB train that was last night.

I hope you all realize how good you actually are at this game. I don't even feel bad about being the caboose all night... As soon as I played with randoms I got my ten kills without dying and two out of three machine gun sprees in one game.

Thanks again guys. I was really missing 6 person content.

PoE chest has been pretty generous to me today.

Went through 34 once and it gave me Praxic Fire and once through 28 gave me another Icebreaker.

zewone

I'll skip any Skolas without a burn. He has way too much health.
So Iron Banner rank 3... can I buy multiple etheric lights or only 1?

If you could buy multiple there wouldn't be a need to sell it at rank 5 again.

zewone

you can reforge Efrideet to be a great pvp sniper too. unflinching, final round, perfect stability or APR and ambush are what you're looking for i guess.

I don't think you can roll Final Round on snipers anymore. Same with Field Scout.

Shortgaze is better than Ambush for PVP.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
we'll never know exact numbers but it's pretty massive. On GAF it's the most active subcommunity the forum has ever had for an individual game.

For another metric here's its position in terms of the largest gaming subreddits:
YhG7pnI.png

That list is also slightly outdated, and current subscribers sit at 177,981- meaning it's actually surpassed Starcraft with its current 174k. Considering it current consists only of one entry in its franchise and complete inaccessibility to PC gamers it's pretty impressive.

Maybe Invective will come in handy.

The fact that people are still having such dramatic issues with the 32 version of the Qodron fight reaffirms my theory that the Trickle modifier (or more accurately, any modifier that can't be leveraged by the player in any way) is the biggest factor.

Thanks Hawkian. That's encouraging. I'm a passionate advocate of this game - I think it's flawed and had a rough start but it's really evolving into something magical. It's also the game I've played the most, ever (even more than Civilization!).

I LOVE THIS

Trakan

Transmogrification

Private Crucible Matches

Gun Skins

Guardian Facial Hair

Vault Sorting Options

Crucible Map Voting

Expanding Faction Interaction

Aim Assist Toggle Option

Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors

Dismantle Consumable Items

Additional Matchmaking Options

These are the community's top wants, according to deej. All of these sound fantastic, and if they're really using this as a guideline of what to fix next, then they really are listening.

ethomaz

Banned

Hidden Hand

Injection Mold

Unflinching

These are the best perks?

Reddit says it's the Low-Grade Humility. Aim for Hidden Hand and Unflinching.

Probably...

Low-Grade Humility for PVP
Efrideet's Spear for PVE
I will try to reforge my Low-Grade Humility... thanks.

I need a better RoF than LDR and more Impact than Praedyth with a good stability.

PuMa

you can reforge Efrideet to be a great pvp sniper too. unflinching, final round, perfect stability or APR and ambush are what you're looking for i guess.

Definitely viable. It doesn't have as high of a base aim assist, but the right roll wouldn't be bad at all in crucible.

LifEndz

Quick question. Apologies if already answered. I'm at work looking at the iron banner gear on planet destiny and I notice it says the second perk column can be rerolled. Is this accurate, and if so, does lord Saladin reforge the armor but not the IB weapons?

noomi

Seems like the best non-endgame legendary weapons this time RNG drop from normal crucible.
It's crazy when you compare with the mostly lackluster queens weapons.

Yup party crasher and matador are insanely good. Although the queens sniper ain't half bad... wish I didn't shard mine :/ It was void too... damnit.

Hey DGAF.

I'm coming back after starting the game in November. I got to level 25 and am going through the OP notes to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

While I do that what things should I be doing every day in the game to make sure I'm making the best of my time?

Do the Daily Story mission every day on the highest level you can. You're going to want that xp, rep, and energy/shards eventually.

Do as many bounties as you can. Whether they are the PvE ones, or PvP ones is your call. Don't forget Eris has here own bounties, as does Petra (on a weekly basis).

These get you rep and xp, but most important, they also get you a chance at an exotic bounty. Which if you haven't played since november, you're probably pretty interested in getting an exotic weapon.

Finally. If you can, do the Weekly strike on the highest difficulty it will let you. This will get you strange coins. These coins can be used to purchase exotic weapons and/or armor from a weekend vendor name Xur. He is only here on Friday and Saturday.

E92 M3

This is how I know this game has lasting power. It's the fall back game. It was the exact same during Halo 3. We'd get something new and play it for 2-3 weeks, and when we were done we were right back where we started with Halo 3/Destiny.

Yep, Destiny has become the "home" game for me. And I like it, because Bungie keeps supporting it and the community is thriving.

--

Bungie did wonders with allowing ammo synths to go to 100. I love it. Now we need planet materials stacking beyond 200 and everything will be gravy! Please, there is no reason to cap them off at 200.

These are the community's top wants, according to deej. All of these sound fantastic, and if they're really using this as a guideline of what to fix next, then they really are listening.

No hold music while in a Titan bubble? Disappointing. Jk... that list is spot on IMO.

PuMa

I don't see weapon parts on this list. Dammit Deej.

Namikaze1

Still have to do one PoE 34 and two PoE 35 runs this week. Not sure when I'll get around to doing them. Maybe I'll do the 34 and 35 on my Warlock later today and do the 35 on my Hunter tomorrow.

Manp

I don't think you can roll Final Round on snipers anymore. Same with Field Scout.

sorry, i'm referring to old (pre HoW) efrideet. if you still have one of those you can still roll final round and field scout. i did yesterday.

Shortgaze is better than Ambush for PVP.

i have no reasons not to believe you on this

Hey DGAF.

Daily Stuff:
1) Daily Story (gets you Xp, planet mats, marks + rep, engrams)
2) Daily crucible (gets you xp, marks, rep, engrams)
3) Vanguard bounties.
4) Eris bounties.
5) Crucible bounties.

You probably won't be able to do all of it. Specially if you eventually get 3 chars. Bountis are good to upgrade your stuff tho and are easy to complete once you know the best spots.

Weekly Stuff:
1) Nightfall (legendary and exotic stuff)
2) Weekly Heroic (strange coins + engrams)
3) Petra Bounties (xp, treasure keys, queen weapons, rep)
4) Prison of Elders Lv 28, 32, 34, 35 (armor cores, weapon cores, engrams, exotics, legendary weapons, etheric light)
5) Vault of Glass Raid (high light equips, great guns, fun)
6) Crotas End Raid (high light equips, great guns, not so much fun)
7) Trials of Osiris (etheric light, cool armor)

Edit: And of course Iron Banner comes from time to time.

Destiny might have started with little content, but there's just so much to do every week now.

Just a quick follow-up shout out to router, save, hated, ken, lazy, and a brief cameo from cloud! What a fun and relaxed IB train that was last night.

I hope you all realize how good you actually are at this game. I don't even feel bad about being the caboose all night... As soon as I played with randoms I got my ten kills without dying and two out of three machine gun sprees in one game.

Thanks again guys. I was really missing 6 person content.

It was an enjoyable IB train for sure. We should definitely do it again. Glad to hear you made progress on the bounties, I failed at being a meat shield in pantheon xO.

On another note, send me a shout here or online when you ready to take down Skolas.

zewone

sorry, i'm referring to old (pre HoW) efrideet. if you still have one of those you can still roll final round and field scout. i did yesterday.

i have no reasons not to believe you on this

Oh really? I have my old Spear. Final Round here I come!

E92 M3

Daily Stuff:
1) Daily Story (gets you Xp, planet mats, marks + rep, engrams)
2) Daily crucible (gets you xp, marks, rep, engrams)
3) Vanguard bounties.
4) Eris bounties.
5) Crucible bounties.

You probably won't be able to do all of it. Specially if you eventually get 3 chars. Bountis are good to upgrade your stuff tho and are easy to complete once you know the best spots.

Weekly Stuff:
1) Nightfall (legendary and exotic stuff)
2) Weekly Heroic (strange coins + engrams)
3) Petra Bounties (xp, treasure keys, queen weapons, rep)
4) Prison of Elders Lv 28, 32, 34, 35 (armor cores, weapon cores, engrams, exotics, legendary weapons, etheric light)
5) Vault of Glass Raid (high light equips, great guns, fun)
6) Crotas End Raid (high light equips, great guns, not so much fun)
7) Trials of Osiris (etheric light, cool armor)

Destiny might have started with little contest, but there's just so much to do every week now.

Last night I was complaining that there was too much to do lol. (all in jest of course)

Top Bottom