• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

blazeuk

The problem with all these weapons dropping since HoW is I don't have enough space for them all, we desperately need another vault increase to hold everything.

ocean

Banned
I want to try PoE 35 for the first time tonight. Am I completely SOL if I don't have any ascended Void weapons? I have an Efrideet's but it doesn't have final round and is only 331 damage.

edit: TOP OF THE PAGE

10950440_843048419094643_947533325_n.jpg
If it's got Field Scout that's perfect. Even if it doesn't, ES at 365 annihilates Skolas, go for it.

zewone

Why didn't people tell me Hawkmoon was awesome for PVP (wait, they did). I don't even have the fast reload and last four damage upgrades unlocked, and I'm killing kiddos left and right in Iron Banner. Also, I suck at PVP (generally going about .75-.95 k-d).

It could've been a lucky couple of games, and I tried not to rush into the fight as often as I used to, but something just clicked, and it was a lot of fun.

You want to stick with Hammer Forged in PVP for Hawkmoon.

LTWood12

I want to try PoE 35 for the first time tonight. Am I completely SOL if I don't have any ascended Void weapons? I have an Efrideet's but it doesn't have final round and is only 331 damage.

Ascended weapons certainly help, but if you go into w/ the mindset to stick w/ it you'll be fine. I used a 365 Praedyth's Revenge and a 365 MG18A Harms Way w/ Persistence and Field Scout (Corrective Measure basically).

Best thing to do is try and get as much damage in on him at the beginning. Then from there, just keep rotating around the outside of the map as a team as ads build up. Keep taking out ads and focusing fire on Skolas when you've cleared some out.

Whelp just finished The Witcher 3. Probably can go back to Destiny soon.

But man Fallout 4 better not release this year. Or Destiny might start collecting dust.

ethomaz

Banned
Why didn't people tell me Hawkmoon was awesome for PVP (wait, they did). I don't even have the fast reload and last four damage upgrades unlocked, and I'm killing kiddos left and right in Iron Banner. Also, I suck at PVP (generally going about .75-.95 k-d).

It could've been a lucky couple of games, and I tried not to rush into the fight as often as I used to, but something just clicked, and it was a lot of fun.
Hawkmoon is my PVP to go weapon.

nOoblet16

Spear is not a good sniper to use in PvP outside of Final Round (other snipers can have that anyway), it is slow, has low stability (or low magazine depending on what you pick), and low aim assist.
You'd be better off using something else if final rounding people isn't your thing.

The problem with all these weapons dropping since HoW is I don't have enough space for them all, we desperately need another vault increase to hold everything.

I can't keep all Crota, VoG, Queen, ToO and Exotics. Let alone the other random drop weapons, there's a fundamental problem when you have more stuff available in a game like Destiny than the available storage space. It's different in MMO as collecting them all is not a goal, you won't be keeping the stuff you got from your first raid when you get much better stuff later, but in Destiny some of the best gear are the gear from the early days of the game !

Just a quick follow-up shout out to router, save, hated, ken, lazy, and a brief cameo from cloud! What a fun and relaxed IB train that was last night.

I hope you all realize how good you actually are at this game. I don't even feel bad about being the caboose all night... As soon as I played with randoms I got my ten kills without dying and two out of three machine gun sprees in one game.

Thanks again guys. I was really missing 6 person content.

Yeah man, it was a good time. I would definitely be up for another train. Too bad there isn't some new 6 man PvE content (I'm a little better at PvE than my PvP performance last night :p).

Haybro

Raid Iron Banner summary for 6/2/2015

Everyone was keen on running IB this week to get some etheric, so we forwent the usual raid itinerary. Before HoW dropped, we had talked about possibly running "traditional" raid stuff and PoE/non-raid on alternating weeks, so far that's how it's worked out.

Verde was out this week, so schwagger15 joined us!

We played for around 3.5 hours, and it was a rollicking good time.

I went back and looked it up on destinytracker. We ended up playing 17 matches last night. I wont post our record, but let's just say that 5 game losing streak hurt...

I'm glad we ended on a winning note though, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully we can team up again this week.

EL CUCO

Oh wow *crying*

CGlnXjhUAAADKIB.jpg:large
I guess this confirms that you could still roll FR on previous IB spear. I just dont like the Spear as a PvP weapon. Slower ROF, low stability no bueno for me. Dont be that scumbag emptying out your clip to get that cheap OHK. don't be that guy

stb

I did pick up a Low-Grade Humility - look forward to rerolling to perfection. Given that every IB weapon, crucible weapons, and exotics are all in the drop table, it's a pretty lucrative activity.

I didn't realize we played for that long. Good time - I really enjoy IB.

Hopefully we can group up again before IB is done. I'm oh so close to being rank 2 and I'd at least like to get to 3 before the weekend gets here.

I've got quite a bit I want to do before the reset though. Queen's bounties on three characters, I'd like to clear a 34 for the first time (maybe more than one) and obviously ToO is coming up again. Then if I get a 34 cleared, I'd like to do the 35 since having a void burn seems to be making it easier from what I'm reading.

I'm probably going to be looking for some IB during the week instead of my normal after-work-but-before-dinner Control, and def some IB on the weekend.

I also want to make sure I do my NF 3x, and I should probably do at least the one bounty to get my key (did we ever determine if it's one guaranteed key per ACCOUNT per week, or character?).

That said, if I get an invite for NF, NM/HM DS/Crota, or HM Atheon/Oracles, I'd PROBABLY be game. Don't be shy with the invites or PSN messages, even if I'm not online. I always have my phone with me, and check PSN stuff when I get the alert.

I went back and looked it up on destinytracker. We ended up playing 17 matches last night. I wont post our record, but let's just say that 5 game losing streak hurt...

I'm glad we ended on a winning note though, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully we can team up again this week.

Please do post the record. No shame!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

edit: TOP OF THE PAGE

10950440_843048419094643_947533325_n.jpg
I'd love to do the 35 prison with you tonight, if you don't have a group. I'm a little shaky on the void stuff in total myself, but I'm perfectly ready to ascend my maxed corrective measure at the least, and I'm very persistent.

Mindlog

Low-Grade Humility reforge.

Void
Sightsys SLS20
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Surplus

I don't like Surplus... take or reforge again?
Took me 300 parts to get Short Gaze, Hidden Hand, Snap/Quickshot, Unflinching.

I still really like Black Hammer.

It's weirding me out when my snipe game is on point and it's starting to happen more frequently. It's like someone else is using my controller.

Fehyd

Banned
It's there for a number of reasons, primarily:

1 - It's resource intensive. Specifically on 360/PS3.

2 - I think Bungie likes the idea that you can look at a character are recognize some of their abilities. I can see a Saint-14 and know that I should not charge that bubble, and other similar situations.

Well they could just deactivate it for pvp purposes.

I know a lot of their philosophy was to have people with unique gear and their gear would "tell a story", but when it's relatively little viable gear, and you're wearing it for the stats, not because it looks awesome, the philosophy sort of falls apart.

I can't keep all Crota, VoG, Queen, ToO and Exotics. Let alone the other random drop weapons, there's a fundamental problem when you have more stuff available in a game like Destiny than the available storage space. It's different in MMO as collecting them all is not a goal, you won't be keeping the stuff you got from your first raid when you get much better stuff later, but in Destiny some of the best gear are the gear from the early days of the game !

So true. I'd even go far as to say MOST of the best gear in the game is from early stuff.

Seriously, at this point just leave 360 and PS3 in the dust and introduce massive vault space for those of us with 8GB of ram. Ahem.

And have some sort of b.net storage for those with 256/512 MB. Or something.

It's getting ridiculous.

SkylineRKR

Hm?

I got Radegast while I was Rank 2. They can always drop now?

This one can be rolled with Tripod + GH though. Might replace my old one.

LTWood12

I'd love to do the 35 prison with you tonight, if you don't have a group. I'm a little shaky on the void stuff in total myself, but I'm perfectly ready to ascend my maxed corrective measure at the least, and I'm very persistent.

Wish I could do it w/ ya'll, but I'll be indisposed tonight. We actually had a really good time doing the fight last night. We had a Titan and two warlocks. The self-res saved us more than once in the fight, but if we'd had a bladedancer I think it would've been slightly easier.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can bring the Hunter or Titan as needed. Not allowing the warlock to get to 34 until successfully competing a 32.

I'm game and free after 7PM EST, anytime after that works. We would need another volunteer though.

Already on your friends list as well, psn is kreepmode.

spyder_ur

Ha, we ended up going 7-10, but like you said a lot of those games were close (including that late game titan smash on rusted lands that wiped out half the team).

That was brutal. I'm actually surprised we were that bad, it felt like we were better but I guess we did lose 5 in a row. God damn BertMacklinFBI

Dave_6

I'm probably going to be looking for some IB during the week instead of my normal after-work-but-before-dinner Control, and def some IB on the weekend.

I also want to make sure I do my NF 3x, and I should probably do at least the one bounty to get my key (did we ever determine if it's one guaranteed key per ACCOUNT per week, or character?).

That said, if I get an invite for NF, NM/HM DS/Crota, or HM Atheon/Oracles, I'd PROBABLY be game. Don't be shy with the invites or PSN messages, even if I'm not online. I always have my phone with me, and check PSN stuff when I get the alert.

I still have 2 NFs left to do if you want to run them, and I'll gladly help with the 3rd one if you need someone. I also have been trying to run the daily Crucible match on all three characters each day, lol.

That was brutal. I'm actually surprised we were that bad, it felt like we were better but I guess we did lose 5 in a row. God damn BertMacklinFBI

LOL! It was so satisfying to get him a couple of times with one Hawkmoon headshot haha

zewone

Spear is not a good sniper to use in PvP outside of Final Round (other snipers can have that anyway), it is slow, has low stability (or low magazine depending on what you pick), and low aim assist.
You'd be better off using something else if final rounding people isn't your thing.

I have a Low Grade Humility with Hidden Hand and Unflinching, but I've been using an LDR with Final Round in ToO and cleaning up.

I see they have similar aim assist (49 & 50) vs. the Spear's 10! I'll stick with my LDR.

nOoblet16

I have a Low Grade Humility with Hidden Hand and Unflinching, but I've been using an LDR with Final Round in ToO and cleaning up.

I see they have similar aim assist (49 & 50) vs. the Spear's 10! I'll stick with my LDR.

They have similar base aim assist but with hidden hand it becomes a lot higher for LGH. You can't revive snipe with it though.

I'm game and free after 7PM EST, anytime after that works. We would need another volunteer though.

Already on your friends list as well, psn is kreepmode.

if you need a third, i'd like to get my first 35 completion out of the way also. :D

SkylineRKR

Spear is better for PvE, the best Sniper imo. Its a better shot than IB and Black Hammer, and does more damage too.

LGH felt rather good too, I should re roll it some day.

E92 M3

I am actually to the point of where I am disappointed when I get a weapon drop. There is just no space to collect and experiment with. I hate keeping things in the postmaster, but no choice now.

EL CUCO

Dead Luna with FF dropped from a D.O. package last night. I would've loved to have it 3 weeks ago. Between ToO weapons and the ascended VoG weapons I have, I kinda feel like I have no need for it. They should've made HoW weapons to start at 349 attack to give you reason to actually want to use them over previous 331 unascended weapons. Even if I wanted to level up the Luna, I know I still have my 331 Rapier so I'm like, "WTH for?"

Top Bottom