• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

spyder_ur

These are the community's top wants, according to deej. All of these sound fantastic, and if they're really using this as a guideline of what to fix next, then they really are listening.

Yup, that's a great list, although the biggest thing is still flat out vault space which I don't see mentioned. Given that they talked about how that proved more difficult than expected to expand the first time, I'm kind of pessimistic.

ocean

Banned
These are the community's top wants, according to deej. All of these sound fantastic, and if they're really using this as a guideline of what to fix next, then they really are listening.
If Comet has half of those it'll make this game fundamentally better. One can hope.

Do we have any better idea of what triggers the "wait for variks" part of the quest yet?

I know we narrowed it down to in-game time, compared to real-time.

Do we have any speculations beyond that? Enemies killed? Bounties completed? Activities loaded up?

Yup, that's a great list, although the biggest thing is still flat out vault space which I don't see mentioned. Given that they talked about how that proved more difficult than expected to expand the first time, I'm kind of pessimistic.

Likely not going to get any better due to restrictions from PS3/360.

WipedOut

So what is the final verdict on the PoE treasure chest and exotic drops. Is it completely RNG? No more guaranteed drops?

I did 3 34's yesterday and got an exotic 2 out of 3 times, Got the Hunter Boots and Titan Boots, Only thing left is the Warlock chest piece and I'll have all the HoW exotic Armor.

Manp

Oh really? I have my old Spear. Final Round here I come!

yeah... mind you i did it prior to the last patch. i have no reason to think anything changed tho.
then i rerolled it again because i wanted both perfect balance and final round instead of field scout and final round, got only shit rolls and ran out of motes... trashing a perfectly fine roll :°°°

rerolling weapons is truly an addiction :(

My thoughts on what the community wants:

Transmogrification - I don't know what this is.

Private Crucible Matches - Sure, as long as you can't get stuff from it or ppl would farm the hell out of this.

Gun Skins - Stupid. I don't get it.

Guardian Facial Hair - Stupid. I don't get it.

Vault Sorting Options - This is a real necessity.

Crucible Map Voting - No. Leave it random.

Expanding Faction Interaction - Not sure what this means. Faction wars? I'd like that.

Aim Assist Toggle Option - Don't care.

Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors - Why? Just leave alll the options there like it has always been.

Dismantle Consumable Items - Sure, why not.

Additional Matchmaking Options - Not sure what this means.

PuMa

Private Crucible Matches - Sure, as long as you can't get stuff from it or ppl would farm the hell out of this.

Expanding Faction Interaction - Not sure what this means. Faction wars? I'd like that.

Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors - Why? Just leave alll the options there like it has always been.

Transmog is when you change the appearance of an item to look like another item. Diablo is a game that uses this sort of feature, and I just don't see how it would work for Destiny. I don't want this at all.

Agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Hawkian. That's encouraging. I'm a passionate advocate of this game - I think it's flawed and had a rough start but it's really evolving into something magical. It's also the game I've played the most, ever (even more than Civilization!).
fun fact, /r/civilization is the next subreddit on that list. I should've gone one row further in making the image :p

zewone

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Daemul

I just used the Queenbreakers Bow for the first time in Iron Banner.....lawdy lawd.

C8nDo3A.gif

zewone

The community has a lot of ridiculous wants. It shows that you shouldn't always give the people what they're asking for.

Thanks guys. Big help. Do you bother with doing a public event daily?

Unfortunately a friend (26) and I (25) are a little behind so we're locked out of some of that high-level daily stuff.

Nah. If I'm doing anything else and the event pops up, I'll do it but I won't look of it.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Thank you. I'm totally blushing right now.

joecanada

lol 1. Can you imagine if you could buy multiple?

well crazy as it sounds in a game like destiny you are only "earning " the right to upgrade weapons you already bought / ground for and had to grind to upgrade so yeah,,, it's just equating to more grinding to upgrade all your weapons.

I don't consider it a favour.

holy shit Iron banner is such a crap after ToO

It made me appreciate how good ToO actually is. Twelve sweaty players running around with Thorns and blinking/shotguns is just too much, spawns are complete crap also. Lucky the connections have been fine for me, so I don't have to rage about that. I pretty much do my bounties and then I just go back to the Crucible.

Transmogrification - I don't know what this is. The idea of making 1 piece of armor look like another piece so you can have a bigger closet, so to speak. Etheric light has made this less important.

Gun Skins - Stupid. I don't get it. Similar to Transmog, except with weapons. As the weapon pool grows larger, the need for this will be less important.

Guardian Facial Hair - Stupid. I don't get it. Was a big deal/joke turned serious right before the game came out. Probably not really on their to-do list.

Crucible Map Voting - No. Leave it random. This would be fine as long as it worked like Halo where you get 1 majority veto option, and are stuck with the 2nd unknown map no matter what. This lets people avoid playing the same map consecutively.

Expanding Faction Interaction - Not sure what this means. Faction wars? I'd like that. Asking for faction vendors to have some purpose besides being another vendor.

Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors - Why? Just leave alll the options there like it has always been. It sucks that FWC, NM, and DO all have 9 weapons, but only sell 4 of them. The others have to be obtained randomly via rep package.

Additional Matchmaking Options - Not sure what this means. The ability to choose matchmaking in modes where it currently isn't available, or disable matchmaking in modes it is. Such as playing Nightfall with matchmaking, or playing the weekly solo.

Responses in bold above.

Thanks guys. Big help. Do you bother with doing a public event daily?

Unfortunately a friend (26) and I (25) are a little behind so we're locked out of some of that high-level daily stuff.

Use http://destinypublicevents.com/ to find a public event while you are doing some of your bounties. I used to do them every day, but the need for materials and rep goes away at a certain point.

Namikaze1

I want my freaking beard! If they had beard options from the start, I would be rocking a bearded male Titan! Destiny 2 better have beard options!

Fehyd

Banned
Transmog is when you change the appearance of an item to look like another item. Diablo is a game that uses this sort of feature, and I just don't see how it would work for Destiny. I don't want this at all.

Agree with pretty much everything else you said.

I would love it for destiny. So much of the later armor designs are puke ugly.

Would love to actually have a character that looks cool as opposed to one that looks like a Mish mosh of junk.

Manp

you make sense, but you can't be neutral about this one, can you?
you're aiming at some alien's head and your weapon gets drawn away by an invisible force to something else that is totally not an headshot. can't say i don't care.

:|

I don't like the idea of transmog as much as just a cosmetic slot. That said, Etheric Light has largely made the idea of transmog moot, though there are still a lot of blues that I'd love to be able to wear for purely cosmetic purposes.

I think map voting ala Halo is the way to go. Not knowing what map you're going to until it actually loads is kind of annoying considering you should be switching up your loadout accordingly to each map.

Congrats!

I didn't play any games or really do much of anything last night

you down for trying skolas tonight? i tried for 4 hours almost, and got too tired.

Well, here's 15 minutes of Zoba, LiK, and I doing Skolas "legit"

Sadly don't have the first two minutes.

Could've been done faster but it was LiK's first PoE 35 and Truth isn''t that good for this. At all.

can I join you on a run sometime, to see how to do it correctly?

Deku Tree

Doesn't having an "Aim Assist Toggle option" mean that I am going to be competing against people with aftermarket KB&M setups in Crucible? No thanks. Do not want it.

Fehyd

Banned
I don't like the idea of transmog as much as just a cosmetic slot. That said, Etheric Light has largely made the idea of transmog moot, though there are still a lot of blues that I'd love to be able to wear for purely cosmetic purposes.

This exactly. Heck we have the exclusive armor sets (Vanir?) That are blue only. Would love to have one of those helmets.

It's seems stupid to have special armor designs and then have them used for one leveling bracket and never used again. Reuse them assets or let us use then for appearance sake.

Thanks. Cleared a few things up.

I still think their nº 1, 2 and 3 priorities should be to get more vault space, get more vault space AND get more vault space tho.

The rest can wait.

That list has existed since the release of Destiny. It has not really been updated in any regular fashion.

It more acts as a way for Bungie to say. "Yes, we know about this but we'd like to hear other ideas from the community as well. Please stop making threads about this and move on to other material."

Pretty much everything on that list isn't going to happen within Destiny 1's lifespan. Destiny 2 maybe.

ocean

Banned
The community has a lot of ridiculous wants. It shows that you shouldn't always give the people what they're asking for.
Private lobbies with custom games is a no-brainier that should have been available at launch. Map voting is also a strange omission. Give us a random 2-3 maps to chose from and let players decide where they wanna play. Private lobbies early on would have allowed this game to develop a far more mature and visible competitive scene. The current "lets matchmake and quit out until we finally find each other", "let's be honorable and grab heavy ammo" etc for competitive matches is a ridiculous hassle.

Transmog is less important now that we can ascend everything. It's still a neat idea. Maybe I have vendor gauntlets with a perfect roll for my play style (Int Dis HC reload) but they look ugly. I wanna take my pretty Dead Orbit gauntlets and keep their looks but with the ugly gauntlets perks. Voila, transmog. Let the speaker take my ugly stuff and change it to the pretty version while keeping the perks. Just require me to have them both and charge me for it. Not a game-breaking omission but it'd be nice.

Weapon shaders are rather unimportant but would be a nice touch. Black Suros - the dream lives on despite the gun being ass now. Beards would be a nice nod in recognition of the early hype for Space Beards. Again, unimportant but nice for those who want it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Everyone always gets loot in IB besides me eventhough I'm the top scorer most of the time.

Fuck it, just wanna reach rank 3 and not touching this shit anymore.
Destiny PVP besides ToO is still terrible.

Top Bottom