• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Yeah, the kill trading in Destiny is horrendous. I have more trade killing in Destiny than all of my other games combined.

Even Halo 3 before they patched the melee? The AR/melee kill trade was almost guaranteed.

At least it felt like something that should be happening though, unlike in Destiny where you just feel ripped off.

E92 M3

I don't like the idea of transmog as much as just a cosmetic slot. That said, Etheric Light has largely made the idea of transmog moot, though there are still a lot of blues that I'd love to be able to wear for purely cosmetic purposes.

I think map voting ala Halo is the way to go. Not knowing what map you're going to until it actually loads is kind of annoying considering you should be switching up your loadout accordingly to each map.

Instead of voting I'd like veto. It would keep the variety up.

you make sense, but you can't be neutral about this one, can you?
you're aiming at some alien's head and your weapon gets drawn away by an invisible force to something else that is totally not an headshot. can't say i don't care.
:|

Well, I don't suffer from this all that much.
I don't mind if they add this, but I don't consider this a great need.

I don't like the idea of transmog as much as just a cosmetic slot. That said, Etheric Light has largely made the idea of transmog moot, though there are still a lot of blues that I'd love to be able to wear for purely cosmetic purposes.

I think map voting ala Halo is the way to go. Not knowing what map you're going to until it actually loads is kind of annoying considering you should be switching up your loadout accordingly to each map.

I don't do Halo MP (only played those for the SP) but this has been mentioned before. I'm not 100% sure of how it works but ppl seem to agreee that it's a good option.

Doesn't having an "Aim Assist Toggle option" mean that I am going to be competing against people with aftermarket KB&M setups in Crucible? No thanks. Do not want it.

Lol. I hope not.

This exactly. Heck we have the exclusive armor sets (Vanir?) That are blue only. Would love to have one of those helmets.

It's seems stupid to have special armor designs and then have them used for one leveling bracket and never used again. Reuse them assets or let us use then for appearance sake.

It really would be a win/win. We'd have more cosmetic options to choose from and search for, and Bungie would be getting more use out of the early game assets that get dismantled within an hour of use if not immediately at late game.

Manp

you still have to farm for etheric lights and you may like how a piece of gear looks and want to ascend it but it may have all the wrong stats and perks.
it's definitely not the same thing as far as i understand how transmog would work

Deku Tree

I need to do one more level 25 PoE on my Warlock. Wont be on until tonight anyway.
Would love it if someone with a high impact 365 void sniper would just invite me to do Skolas lolz.

E92 M3

I'm tired about all of the nerf-babies crying for a Thorn nerf. Honestly, Thorn is strong but not the end of the world. Watch Bungie completely ruin the gun like they did with ARs, since they work in extremes.

I am pretty sure that people crying for nerfs are the same folks that think "participation trophies" are nice. If I get killed by something, I think about how to get out of that situation next time, not run to Bungie and cry.

Damn I'm getting pub stomped out there in the IB. I'm like 2-7 but usually finishing top two on my team. Being a level 30 is rough, let me tell you...

LOL if you're talking about that Vader guy who died to the same Knight 3x doing Hard Crota and couldn't laugh at me saying "Use the radar, Vadar" then he has some anger management issues. It was a pun and good advice, and he didn't get one swiped again, so I think it worked out.
Vader does not remember that fondly, no, but you were not one of the two people I was specifically talking about.

He has since quit Destiny after getting teabagged during the first week of Trials and getting mad that Icon and I had three level 34s so quickly.

stb

Raid Iron Banner summary for 6/2/2015
Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [I could go either way on the nightfalls]
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)

Everyone was keen on running IB this week to get some etheric, so we forwent the usual raid itinerary. Before HoW dropped, we had talked about possibly running "traditional" raid stuff and PoE/non-raid on alternating weeks, so far that's how it's worked out.

Verde was out this week, so schwagger15 joined us!

We played for around 3.5 hours, and it was a rollicking good time.

Right at the beginning the lag was *horrendous*. Easily the worst I've seen in Destiny to date. It eventually smoothed out, though; as I don't remember it being an issue after the first game or two.

The games were quite the roller coaster; some maps we absolutely stomped the other team (one round was 20k to 9k, I think), but others were pretty horrible (not quite as bad as 20:9, but I think our worst loss was 20:11 or something). Most games were fairly close, though, and there were some real nail biters. I think we had 2-3 games that were decided by ~300 points.

We did have a rough patch at the end, losing 5 games in a row before the vindication game. thanks to schwagger for guilting us into continuing until we ended on a high note, because that note was quite high. I think everyone performed really well on that last map, and it felt good to redeem all the coins. Satisfying way to end an all around good night of IB.

Entirely unsurprisingly, GRIP was the MVP, frequently topping our team's board. schwagger15 more than pulled his weight, too, close behind GRIP most of the time. That said, I think most folks had some really great rounds or moments.

We also enjoyed the increased drop rates; I think everyone got some purple, and plenty of Trials coins were obtained.

I managed to pull a perfect(?) roll NL Shadow 701X with full auto, casket/armor peircing, and firefly. The funny part was that I totally missed it because I was grabbing a beer or something during the rewards screen. I only learned of the roll when Haybro_ pointed it out when he got a not-as-perfect roll on the same gun a few rounds later.

Anyway, it was great to play with everyone in a 6-man activity. It's a really stark difference for me how much more enjoyable stuff is in the larger group. Even when 3 of us team up to do PoE or ToO, it just doesn't have the energy/looseness of the big squad.

Another perk of the "train" *(if we're an IB train, it's Thomas the Tank Engine), is that ALMOST every game we lost, we were simply outplayed. I frequently do Control/IB solo, and it's super frustrating to lose games even when you are playing well (even better than the best player on the winning team), and are being dragged down by randoms. We DID have one game with some fairly suspicious lag.

It was a great time in overall, but I'm struggling to remember any particularly amusing stories. Help me out, here, guys! What happened last night that I'm not remembering?

you still have to farm for etheric lights and you may like how a piece piece of gear looks and want to ascend it but it may have all the wrong stats and perks.
it's definitely not the same thing.

It's not, but it alleviates it. Again, if it was up to me, there would be a cosmetic slot.

I'd be cool with that too as long as they let us know what random map was picked before we get there.

Exactly.
I don't do Halo MP (only played those for the SP) but this has been mentioned before. I'm not 100% sure of how it works but ppl seem to agreee that it's a good option.

The idea is this:

12 people match made into a group. Bottom of the screen is the proposed map of Shores of Time. Below it is "Press X to veto".

If majority vetos (so 7 of 12 in this scenario) then Shores of Time goes away and now Burning Shrine loads up.

You had no idea Burning Shrine would be the 2nd map. You are stuck with the second map no matter what (unless you drop out).

noomi

Vader does not remember that fondly, no, but you were not one of the two people I was specifically talking about.

He has since quit Destiny after getting teabagged during the first week of Trials and getting mad that Icon and I had three level 34s so quickly.

Awww waaat, he quit? Lame... he'll be back, Destiny lets no man escape

Trakan

The idea of making 1 piece of armor look like another piece so you can have a bigger closet, so to speak. Etheric light has made this less important.

Transmog and Ascending armor are way different. Not only can you only ascend legendary armor like you mentioned, but I could have a good pair of handcannon reload gloves or heavy ammo boots and have them look however I want. There are literally only a few pairs of boots you can wear right now if you want heavy ammo on them.

ethomaz

Banned
Low-Grade Humility reforge.

Void
Sightsys SLS20
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Surplus

I don't like Surplus... take or reforge again?

Exactly.

The idea is this:

12 people match made into a group. Bottom of the screen is the proposed map of Shores of Time. Below it is "Press X to veto".

If majority vetos (so 7 of 12 in this scenario) then Shores of Time goes away and now Burning Shrine loads up.

You had no idea Burning Shrine would be the 2nd map. You are stuck with the second map no matter what (unless you drop out).

Oh, this is cool and I'm sure I've played something that worked like that.

Maybe killzone or Uncharted? I don't remember. That works tho.

PuMa

Low-Grade Humility reforge.

Void
Sightsys SLS20
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Surplus

I don't like Surplus... take or reforge again?

I'm not a big fan of Sightsys, but it's up to personal preference. I think it has good AA, but the zoom is crazy high. Are you using it for PVP?

Transmog and Ascending armor are way different. Not only can you only ascend legendary armor like you mentioned, but I could have a good pair of handcannon reload gloves or heavy ammo boots and have them look however I want. There are literally only a few pairs of boots you can wear right now if you want heavy ammo on them.

Again. Not saying it is. Just saying it's a step in the right direction for the "Everyone looks the same at cap" problem. I want cosmetic slots personally.

spyder_ur

Verde was out this week, so schwagger15 joined us!

We played for around 3.5 hours, and it was a rollicking good time.

Right at the beginning the lag was *horrendous*. Easily the worst I've seen in Destiny to date. It eventually smoothed out, though; as I don't remember it being an issue after the first game or two.

Indeed, but it definitely did get better. Someone with a better understanding of networking/online gaming would have to explain to me why IB lag is noticeably worse than other modes. More parties? More complicated calculations due to level differences?

Entirely unsurprisingly, GRIP was the MVP, frequently topping our team's board. schwagger15 more than pulled his weight, too, close behind GRIP most of the time. That said, I think most folks had some really great rounds or moments.

We also enjoyed the increased drop rates; I think everyone got some purple, and plenty of Trials coins were obtained.

I managed to pull a perfect(?) roll NL Shadow 701X with full auto, casket/armor peircing, and firefly. The funny part was that I totally missed it because I was grabbing a beer or something during the rewards screen. I only learned of the roll when Haybro_ pointed it out when he got a not-as-perfect roll on the same gun a few rounds later.

It was a great time in overall, but I'm struggling to remember any particularly amusing stories. Help me out, here, guys! What happened last night that I'm not remembering?

Yeah, that roll was nuts. I didn't realize you didn't see it - I just figured we were talking over you.

Other stories? I dunno. Grip killed a bunch of dudes and stole many of my kills. Dave got Titan smashed a bunch and hates all of the maps. Pantheon is our Krytonite.

I did pick up a Low-Grade Humility - look forward to rerolling to perfection. Given that every IB weapon, crucible weapons, and exotics are all in the drop table, it's a pretty lucrative activity.

I didn't realize we played for that long. Good time - I really enjoy IB.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm not a big fan of Sightsys, but it's up to personal preference. I think it has good AA, but the zoom is crazy high. Are you using it for PVP?

depends what you want to use it for. Surplus makes it a good PVE roll.
I want to use on Skolas :p

I really wanted Unflinching... and Shortgaze or Longview SLR10 for scope but I already used more than 10 motes lol

Keep it until you have another one
I sharded the other one :p I had two of them.

Everything you can do is legit in that fight. If you have three people with 3 365 Void Speers he is dead before the mines come up. What am I supposed to do in that case? Stop shooting or miss headshots so he doesn't die too quickly?

The only cheese I could think of is pushing him off with solar grenades which I'm pretty sure is somehow possible. Everything else is fair game.

1 365 void spear with final round and another 365 void spear we killed him as the first mine popped up. I dont consider sniping "cheesing" and I dont see why it would be cheesing. However I think the majority of things are fair game. Just taking advantage of the A.I and mechanics. There are no rules that state you cant do this or that. Each their own of course but its a subjective topic.

The only thing I consider cheesing is the disconnection for Crota.

Way different, yes. But etheric light is providing level 34 players the option to look different from other level 34 players currently.

From Sept to Dec, all 30s had Vex armor.
From Dec to March, all 32s had Crota armor.
From March to May, 32s could have Crota or Iron Banner armor.

Now a level 34 can have somewhere around 12 possible variants of armor.

It doesn't allow the player to simply choose what they want to look like, but it does allow the player a much larger pool to choose from.

Fehyd

Banned
It really would be a win/win. We'd have more cosmetic options to choose from and search for, and Bungie would be getting more use out of the early game assets that get dismantled within an hour of use if not immediately at late game.

Tbh I'm actually surprised bungie didn't have it in the game at launch. It would've made repeating content for certain cosmetic drops purposeful.

It was an enjoyable IB train for sure. We should definitely do it again. Glad to hear you made progress on the bounties, I failed at being a meat shield in pantheon xO.

On another note, send me a shout here or online when you ready to take down Skolas.

You were a great meat shield. I really thought the bounty must have popped and I just missed it, so I got antsy and reckless. Skolas will die today.

Tbh I'm actually surprised bungie didn't have it in the game at launch. It would've made repeating content for certain cosmetic drops purposeful.

It's there for a number of reasons, primarily:

1 - It's resource intensive. Specifically on 360/PS3.

2 - I think Bungie likes the idea that you can look at a character are recognize some of their abilities. I can see a Saint-14 and know that I should not charge that bubble, and other similar situations.

Dave_6

I think you pretty much nailed it all. Regardless of my bitching some rounds (I think we all had those moments), I had a blast as usual but this was really fun. All the snipers were our biggest issue I think, though we did just get outplayed a few rounds. Hopefully we can group up again before IB is done. I'm oh so close to being rank 2 and I'd at least like to get to 3 before the weekend gets here.

I've got quite a bit I want to do before the reset though. Queen's bounties on three characters, I'd like to clear a 34 for the first time (maybe more than one) and obviously ToO is coming up again. Then if I get a 34 cleared, I'd like to do the 35 since having a void burn seems to be making it easier from what I'm reading.

Why didn't people tell me Hawkmoon was awesome for PVP (wait, they did). I don't even have the fast reload and last four damage upgrades unlocked, and I'm killing kiddos left and right in Iron Banner. Also, I suck at PVP (generally going about .75-.95 k-d).

It could've been a lucky couple of games, and I tried not to rush into the fight as often as I used to, but something just clicked, and it was a lot of fun.

I want to try PoE 35 for the first time tonight. Am I completely SOL if I don't have any ascended Void weapons? I have an Efrideet's but it doesn't have final round and is only 331 damage.

edit: TOP OF THE PAGE

10950440_843048419094643_947533325_n.jpg

Top Bottom