• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

zewone

Dead Luna with FF dropped from a D.O. package last night. I would've loved to have it 3 weeks ago. Between ToO weapons and the ascended VoG weapons I have, I kinda feel like I have no need for it. They should've made HoW weapons to start at 349 attack to give you reason to actually want to use them over previous 331 unascended weapons. Even if I wanted to level up the Luna, I know I still have my 331 Rapier so I'm like, "WTH for?"

Dat Full Auto laziness is enjoyable.

Which of these do you think will be better for ToO or IB, GAF?

Rolled these:

Subtle Nudge DN7 with
-Hidden Hand
-Unflinching
Short Gaze scope
(middle tree) hand laid stock, quick draw, armor piercing rounds

OR

Low Grade Humility

- Outlaw
- Unflinching
Short gaze scope
(middle tree) Injection model, quick draw, lightweight

Both are solar.

jtrov

So I go back to the Reef and the game is acting like I got the Elder Cipher, but it won't let me "complete" by accepting a weapon. I guess that means I got it, but I was an idiot and had full bounties? :(

zewone

Rolled these:

Subtle Nudge DN7 with
-Hidden Hand
-Unflinching
Short Gaze scope

OR

Low Grade Humility

- Outlaw
- Unflinching
Short gaze scope

Both are solar.

Low Grade Humility.

I found out the Subtle Nudge is such low impact it takes 3 body shots to kill in PVP. Waste of motes and marks I spent on it. Had to trash it.

PuMa

Low Grade Humility.

I found out the Subtle Nudge is such low impact it takes 3 body shots to kill in PVP. Waste of motes and marks I spent on it. Had to trash it.

Agreed. I tried Subtle Nudge with almost the same roll and was terrible with it in the last ToO. Switched to another sniper rifle and was immediately better.

RetroMG

Does anyone else use Tower Ghost on Firefox? I switched back recently from Chrome and it will not load my gear after I log in to Bungie.

Nori Chan

Rolled these:

Subtle Nudge DN7 with
-Hidden Hand
-Unflinching
Short Gaze scope

OR

Low Grade Humility

- Outlaw
- Unflinching
Short gaze scope

Both are solar.

Subtle nudge is trash. Don't bother.

Rolled these:

Subtle Nudge DN7 with
-Hidden Hand
-Unflinching
Short Gaze scope

OR

Low Grade Humility

- Outlaw
- Unflinching
Short gaze scope

Both are solar.

LGH

Subtle Nudge is shit.

Gordon

So true. I'd even go far as to say MOST of the best gear in the game is from early stuff.

Seriously, at this point just leave 360 and PS3 in the dust and introduce massive vault space for those of us with 8GB of ram. Ahem.

And have some sort of b.net storage for those with 256/512 MB. Or something.

It's getting ridiculous.
Or they could stop trying to cram all the gear you have into one screen and it wouldn't be an issue. I would prefer 20 primaries onscreen by default and have to wait for special rather than waiting for all of my primary, special, and heavy to load every time.

oh this drop last night for me
So I can literally retire from Trials now....nah

CGlwEHtUcAEsleW.png:large

Rubenov

Rolled these:

Subtle Nudge DN7 with
-Hidden Hand
-Unflinching
Short Gaze scope

OR

Low Grade Humility

- Outlaw
- Unflinching
Short gaze scope

Both are solar.

LGH for sure

EL CUCO

I only used it one match. Stopped using it as soon as I saw it took 3 shots to kill. I'm not pro enough to rely only on headshots and 3 body shots is too much trouble.
3 shot kill sniper? Ew. Didn't know such an abomination existed.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can't wait to get on an IB train later.

i know that's apropos of nothing, but consider it an excited squeak from a guinea pig.

I'm not sure how this would work? Do you want to be able to reroll the stats and keep the build, or vice versa? Or reroll the whole thing, which doesn't really make sense because then there's nothing unique about the piece at all. Best case I could see is letting us reroll the perks, akin to weapon rerolling. I don't think it's really necessary though.

It should do both. Similarly to how weapons can roll perks and void/arc/solar. Same concept. The point is its very easy to waste a lot of potential on any given int/dsc/str part. And it's very infuriating to finally have the right combination, and then be stuck with something counter productive. Like high str and grenades hits refill melee faster. Your melee is already super fast refill and your grenades will be so slow to refill it just won't be beneficial in the long run.

So reforging armor would give you a random int/dsc/str roll and randomize your perks. Just how rerolling weapons gives you random void/arc/solar and random perks.

ocean

Banned
It should do both. Similarly to how weapons can roll perks and void/arc/solar. Same concept. The point is its very easy to waste a lot of potential on any given int/dsc/str part. And it's very infuriating to finally have the right combination, and then be stuck with something counter productive. Like high str and grenades hits refill melee faster. Your melee is already super fast refill and your grenades will be so slow to refill it just won't be beneficial in the long run.

So reforging armor would give you a random int/dsc/str roll and randomize your perks. Just how rerolling weapons gives you random void/arc/solar and random perks.
If I got Int Dis HC Reload and Heavy Loader Trials Gauntlets I doubt I'd ever ever ever use anything else. Fuck the exotics that would be fire. I think Lima got them :(

Nothing to do with your post sorry just needed to get that out of my chest haha

noomi

all these solar hand cannons, cant I have one as well?

It's like the Hawkmoon all over again lol.

*edit*

This is the top, there are many like it, but this one is mine

Top Bottom