• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I only have a Hunter at 34 so it would be nice to have a Titan on the squad.

rasengan1337 right? I'll send you an invite whenever we decide to do this.

I have him on my friends list. If Hawkian or kazeshini aren't game I can send him an invite. Will he be online tonight?

Hawkian/kazeshini, are you down to do this at or around 8pm EST? Just let me know if that time doesn't work. I'm pretty flexible as long as its not at midnight or something.
i'd prefer around 9ish, but if you and Hawkian need to do it earlier, don't wait around for me. thanks, and hope to see you later tonight!

noomi

there are conflicting reports here all over...

dumb question, but did you complete any of her bounties for the week prior to the patch?

Not a dumb question at all Hawk. I completed all the bounties last week when they dropped on Tuesday.

Yesterday after reset I did one bounty for my alt and got a key, today I did another alt and received no key.

I guess it is once per account then, just wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up

*edit*

ok now I'm really confused lol! I have one more alt at home, I will try a bounty and see what happens. It will be the first bounty on this character.

GhaleonEB

there are conflicting reports here all over...

dumb question, but did you complete any of her bounties for the week prior to the patch?

I finished the Earth ones prior to the patch yesterday, then did Venus and the moon. When I turned them in, I got a key. (And the Queen's blessing added another, woo!)

Question: do different enemies resist the burns better than others? When running the Nightfall my 331 solar sniper rifle was doing ~4k precision damage on the big Nexus dudes. I swapped out to my 331 arc and did ~7k damage to them. But there's an arc and a solar burn, so I didn't think it made a difference.

When shielding is in the mix I know that matters, but this was to unshielded enemies.

Deku Tree

I finished the Earth ones prior to the patch yesterday, then did Venus and the moon. When I turned them in, I got a key. (And the Queen's blessing added another, woo!)

Question: do different enemies resist the burns better than others? When running the Nightfall my 331 solar sniper rifle was doing ~4k damage for precision damage on the big Nexus dudes. I swapped out to my 331 arc and did ~7k damage to them. But there's an arc and a solar burn, so I didn't think it made a difference.

When shielding is in the mix I know that matters, but this was to unshielded enemies.

Different snipers have different "impact" stats. The higher the impact, the higher the damage per shot. This is almost certainly what was happening to you.

Arc burn and solar burn both cause a 300% damage boost for arc and solar weapons. One is not prioritized over the other.

ocean

Banned

Question: do different enemies resist the burns better than others? When running the Nightfall my 331 solar sniper rifle was doing ~4k precision damage on the big Nexus dudes. I swapped out to my 331 arc and did ~7k damage to them. But there's an arc and a solar burn, so I didn't think it made a difference.

Both weapons were benefiting from a burn, against unshielded enemies and w're both at 331 - perhaps a large difference in impact class?

Well here's to you EJ Robinson, RNGesus loves you more than you will know, OH OH OOHHH!

I want it EJ, I wants it bad!

I knew someone would use this against me haha!
Maybe you, me and Tears can join up in the weekend to knock out some ToO same as we knocked out Crota for the first time way back.

The rest is up to RNGesus

i'd prefer around 9ish, but if you and Hawkian need to do it earlier, don't wait around for me. thanks, and hope to see you later tonight!

9PM is fine. That will actually give me more time to do some other Destiny related chores.

Just waiting for Hawkian to confirm now if that is okay with him.

SonComet

I won't be home for another 10 or so hours to test it for myself, but I keep reading that the new hotfix ruined the mythoclast again. Is this true, or are people just assuming?

noomi

I knew someone would use this against me haha!
Maybe you, me an Tears can join up in the weekend to knock out some ToO same as we knocked out Crota for the first time way back.

I would really love that dude. *fist bump*

That Crota run was amazing! I remember having such a hard time with other groups... and then I joined your fireteam, you guys took me under your wing "Hush noomi it'll be alright, just watch...." Just made it seem so quick and easy, I had no idea what the hell even happened and it was all over, done, Crota beaten.

After that day I knew I wanted to grow up to be a sword runner, and it was so.

radiohead1

Neo Member
I'm not really sure if I'm gonna hold more Osiris training this Sunday or IB instead to help more people get the easier e-light. We'll see. 2 spots open for tomorrow's VoG newbie raid though. Had a bunch of early signups.

radiohead1, I am already including you and your friend if you read this.

Thursday, 6/4/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Thanks Hawkian! We can't wait!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian/kazeshini, are you down to do this at or around 8pm EST? Just let me know if that time doesn't work. I'm pretty flexible as long as its not at midnight or something.
Either is fine for me.

This is what I wanna do when I get home:

1. Daily Crucible Playlist match on each character
2. Either a pair of Nightfalls or a PoE 32
3. PoE 35
4. IB Train until I cain't keep a-chuggin' no more
5. Beat Bloodborne sometime in 2015

I haven't played in months and I hopped back on Monday to give it a go. Went from 29-32 in two days, got countless legendary weapons and tons of marks. I'm loving the new update!

Either is fine for me.

This is what I wanna do when I get home:

1. Daily Crucible Playlist match on each character
2. Either a pair of Nightfalls or a PoE 32
3. PoE 35
4. IB Train until I cain't keep a-chuggin' no more
5. Beat Bloodborne sometime in 2015

9PM it is for PoE 35. if you're around earlier Hawkian, I can help with a NF or two.

noomi

You guys want to play a fun game of remember when?

I remember when you could actually chose who went into the portal during Atheon.

I'm bored :/

BondFancy

I remember when you could actually chose who went into the portal during Atheon.

I remember when you would have to spend 5 years and sacrifice your first born to get planetary materials.

I remember when that wizard came from the moon

Hawkian - it's
kaliks reborn
quite a fun encounter. Not 100% on all the mechanics yet but it isn't too trick regardless

nOoblet16

Just one more day and I'll be done with examinations for life !
Just so it happens it is one of the toughest exams I've faced...lol

Top Bottom