• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

phen0m24

I remember when I got excited over ascended shards.

I remember when I came to this thread and was like Hey I got a copy of the game and who is this guy with a bird by his name?

I remember when I nursed my 25 Warlock through the 28 weekly and sandboxgod and I want to say MS but can't remember helped me finish off Phogoth.

I remember when every other post in this thread said Namikaze next to it. :p

I was one of the quitters at HM Crota. That was soul crushing.

I remember when I came to this thread and was like Hey I got a copy of the game and who is this guy with a bird by his name?

I remember when I nursed my 25 Warlock through the 28 weekly and sandboxgod and I want to say MS but can't remember helped me finish off Phogoth.

I remember when the Interceptor was something to be feared.

PuMa

I remember when Crucible was like...

At3wMIE.png

Namikaze1

I remember when Thorn wasn't OP.

I remember when Vex was OP.

I remember everyone skipping Gjallarhorn for armor. all you better hope for a time machine soon so you can slap your past self.

LordofPwn

I remember when Xur sold Gjallarhorn, and nobody bought because it was a stupid idea to waste your one exotic slot on a heavy.

You mean when i bought one because it looked cool and was promptly rewarded with the most amazing weapon ever?

Good times.

Also remember when the Vex was OP, had it for like 2 days b4 the patch that nerfed it released. fought my friend in rumble, he was only able to kill me with Hawkmoon if he got a lucky bullet proc.

blazeuk

I have just joined 3 IB games, each and every one of them was on Pantheon and each time I was put on a losing team (by a ~5000 points) with the other team having both heavy ammo, frustrating to say the least.

GhaleonEB

Different snipers have different "impact" stats. The higher the impact, the higher the damage per shot. This is almost certainly what was happening to you.

Arc burn and solar burn both cause a 300% damage boost for arc and solar weapons. One is not prioritized over the other.

Both weapons were benefiting from a burn, against unshielded enemies and w're both at 331 - perhaps a large difference in impact class?

Every now and them I'm reminded that I have no idea how some of the systems in Destiny work. This is one of those moments. :lol

I thought impact had to do with whether it would stagger enemies, not how much damage a weapon did. I thought all snipers did the same damage; I had several that did 2800 precision damage without a burn prior to HoW. Some would stagger the Archon priest, some wouldn't.

Good lord. I replaced a lot of my original weapons with HoW stuff that is apparently a lot shittier. Nearly half damage. I had no idea. :(

Why the heck does "impact" mean "damage"? Why wouldn't they just call it "damage"?

Namikaze1

I remember when everyone was doing Queen's Wrath for shards. Maxed out several gear because of that. Never got the sniper though.

E92 M3

I remember that Namikaze should have kept the superior wolf avatar

I remember when everyone was drunk during the holidays

Every now and them I'm reminded that I have no idea how some of the systems in Destiny work. This is one of those moments. :lol

I thought impact had to do with whether it would stagger enemies, not how much damage a weapon did. I thought all snipers did the same damage; I had several that did 2800 precision damage without a burn prior to HoW. Some would stagger the Archon priest, some wouldn't.

Good lord. I replaced a lot of my original weapons with HoW stuff that is apparently a lot shittier. Nearly half damage. I had no idea. :(

Why the heck does "impact" mean "damage"? Why wouldn't they just call it "damage"?

Oh dear. I'm sorry for your loss.

Namikaze1

I remember that Namikaze should have kept the superior wolf avatar

I remember when everyone was drunk during the holidays
I for the life of me can't find that avatar. Been trying to find it to use it during this past winter but had no luck in finding it.

I remember nothing of this drunken business during the holidays. Nothing at all. Nope.

phen0m24

I for the life of me can't find that avatar. Been trying to find it to use it during this past winter but had no luck in finding it.

I remember nothing of this drunken business during the holidays. Nothing at all. Nope.

Dude those were some of the funniest laugh out loud posts in the OT's - period. Like, someone write a sitcom episode. (or a season)

Shito

Damage in PVE is a mix between the attack stat and the impact one.
In PVP only impact matters.

That's convoluted yeah, and obscure as fuck considering they don't explain what these stats do in the game...

ocean

Banned

Oh man. OK so here's sort of how it works:

You can't compare stats across weapon types. A low impact Hand Cannon will still do more damage per bullet than the highest impact Auto Rifle for example. In order to determine the power/rate of fire within the same weapon class, however, the impact/RoF bars are sort of a good indicator. I say sort of because even that isn't perfect - comparing Red Death to other Pulse Rifles with different impact and looking at the attack value tells you it ain't a perfect fit. In general though it'll work.

So basically most weapon types will have different "archetypes", or variations on the same template, with some outliers to mix it up. There are low impact, high RoF Sniper Rifles (like everything being sold right now by vendors), high impact low RoF (like Black Hammer, the Iron Banner Sniper, Ice Breaker), and others who fall somewhere in between. There's high impact Auto Rifles (Suros, Vanquisher style) and pea-shooters (Atheon's Epilogue, Dr. Nope etc).

These weapons will play very differently but not be necessarily worse or better. A low impact sniper will fire more quickly, which is excellent for PvP or to chain crits in PvE. It's all a tradeoff and will ultimately come down to your preferences.

I remember when GHorn was the first exotic I ever got (from an engram). Looked at the perks and knew I had stumbled onto something good.

Top Bottom