• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Iron Banner has been trash and continues to be trash.

None of the rewards (save the Etheric Light some people need) is worth playing for.

Will skip for eternity.

Next time around I'm definitely making sure I have enough glimmer when I do the glitch, that way I don't have to play this shit. Seriously, I played ever IB, and I've always enjoyed them. However, this time around it's been garbage. I don't know if it's the influx of Thorn or the greater variety of OP shotguns, but it's been terrible.

Namikaze1

Extremely old pic:
B2w4S7KIcAI3t9U.jpg

B6yRqCeIIAA6w9p.jpg

I remember a time where I could actually get that many kills...

I miss that me.

Bladelaw

Any advice on 32 Qodron without Gallys? Was stuck on it for 2 hours last night and called it quits after multiple 34's came to help. Me and another are 33 hunters.

Most of them said "We need to kill it within 30s or we lose". I read up on the mechanics, but others had no idea what I was talking about saying you are supposed to kill it quickly as that was what was intended. Jesus man so frustrating.

Some questions:

Left or Right side to setup camp? Had better luck on left side, but the Eye goes missing sometimes and we can't find it.

Weapon Loadouts and roles?
Shotguns are good for breaking containment. It's basically a test of patience fight.

One person should always have visual of the eye. Ideally you want to kill the eye right before detainment, pop the bubble, then DPS Qodron when the adds have been thinned. Repeat as needed. Should take 2-3 cycles with even level guardians. In between detainments the non-eye watchers should be dropping adds not poking Qodron unless the opportunity presents itself. We had better luck on the right side FWIW.

zewone

I just can't seem to enjoy and PVP with 6v6.

I play to win and I rarely have enough players to do 3v3.

Having to play with randoms is frustrating because they are usually the reason for a loss.

LTWood12

I'm game and free after 7PM EST, anytime after that works. We would need another volunteer though.

Already on your friends list as well, psn is kreepmode.

Is the only high impact sniper I can get at this stage the Spear? Does Dead Orbit even have a sniper? Fuck. I just want a void one.

Her Benevolence has pretty high impact doesn't it? Seems like I get one of those every other time I open a chest in PoE.

GhaleonEB

Impact isn't just called "damage" because it's not a universal damage indicator across weapon classes like Attack is- it's meant to distinguish within a weapon class.

Before you get too down on yourself do try to keep in mind Impact isn't just a "better" indicator where you go for the highest you can find. While many do prefer the higher impact weapons over lower impact (especially for certain weapon classes like Auto Rifles), with any weapon there's a tradeoff in stats and a degree of preference. "Nearly half damage" isn't very likely to be accurate- remember the S in the term DPS. Lower impact weapons are almost universally able to shoot much faster than their higher impact counterparts.

edit: In other words- more important to actually try different weapons out and see which you prefer the feel of than to base your arsenal solely just on the stats themselves.
Right, I understand you can't compare stats across classes, I've never done that.

So now I have to ask: what does 300/331/365 in this context mean? Is that some factor by which the max damage is throttled by? I know bigger is better, but outside of that, I have no idea. I just assumed 331 meant the weapon would do the max damage in that class.

LordofPwn

Any advice on 32 Qodron without Gallys? Was stuck on it for 2 hours last night and called it quits after multiple 34's came to help. Me and another are 33 hunters.

Most of them said "We need to kill it within 30s or we lose". I read up on the mechanics, but others had no idea what I was talking about saying you are supposed to kill it quickly as that was what was intended. Jesus man so frustrating.

Some questions:

Left or Right side to setup camp? Had better luck on left side, but the Eye goes missing sometimes and we can't find it.

Left side in the back by where that one capture mine pops up at. pretty good cover and easy enough to spot the silver goblin. ! person should be focusing on killing him while the other 2 do damage to the boss. if you need help with adds or finding the goblin call it out. communication is key. if you are killing the goblin you need a shotgun to quickly destroy the shields. Call out when the boss is searching for targets. I did it legit 1st try on 34 last week with 1 vet and 1 noob. He goes down pretty quickly as long as you can keep damage on him.

recks

So when I go to Variks with my Titan he prompts the Exotic Bounty, but don't let me start it wtf? I don't even have an Cipher on my Titan lol

zewone

So when I go to Variks with my Titan he prompts the Exotic Bounty, but don't let me start it wtf? I don't even have an Cipher on my Titan lol

That means you were supposed to get it but had a full Bounty list.

Make room and kill Skolas (or the level 34 boss) and it will drop again.

EDIT: This is not 100% accurate but worth a shot.

Same impact as LDR which is on the higher end.

LGH is a Crucible only drop. But it seems to be given out easily. I have received at least 6.

How's Her Benevolence overall? So-so, Good, Great? I have one that needs reforging. Not sure if it's worth the weapon parts. I also have LGH, LDR, Y-09 Longbow.

I remember my first exotic being SUROS from
Xur when it was amazing. I used it non stop all the time for everything.

I remember my first run through VoG. I was on the left during confluxes, we didn't run to the spirit bloom cave. I never touched the relic and was always outside during gatekeeper and atheon.

I remember my first DGAF pug for VoG. We got started and before we had opened the gate my little girl started crying and I had to AFK. I then had to finish the entire raid via remote play whilst passing multiple apologies to everyone for the AFK.

I remember my first exotic bounty and having to horde fusion rifles and constantly check the gunsmith inventory

I remember my first run through Crota. The thrill of the abyss and the never ending waves of thralls as we battled for every yard of progress then being stuck at the bridge for ages on the first night.

I've had a lot of good times with Destiny from the alpha through to now. It has easily become my most played game. Sometimes I hate it, other times I can't get enough. But it has boosted my PSN friends list from ~6 online at most to 60+ online regularly. I'm part of a clan of like minded gamers who constantly party chat. I'm more of a lurker for DGAF but always running raids / PoE / ToO / NF with many of you and enjoy the discussions in the OT as well as the wealth of knowledge that is shared in here. I would never have bought an LDR if it wasn't for DGAF!

LordofPwn

I remember when Fig became legend by dying on a flawless run during the spirit bloom route. And when we had a guardian lord hard VoG run.

jtrov

Nothing better than getting the Elder Cipher only to get hit with a glitch. Beat level 34 and 35 so far this week, and apparently I got it to drop after beating Level 35, but like an idiot I forgot to save a bounty slot. So I beat Skolas again like it says in the Patch Notes, but instead of it working like it's supposed to, I got nothing to drop. So Variks sits in the Reef with the Green Quest notification, but I can't accept the quest since it was never placed in my inventory, even after beating it again when my Bounty list had a vacant spot..

Frustrating Times :(

zewone

I did that yesterday, and Cipher didn't pop, bounties wasn't full also
Ah..that sucks.
How's Her Benevolence overall? So-so, Good, Great? I have one that needs reforging. Not sure if it's worth the weapon parts. I also have LGH, LDR, Y-09 Longbow.

It has almost the exact same stats as an LDR. EDIT: Actually aim assist is 39 on LDR and 40 on HB.

I'd use it as an LDR replacement.

LGH or LDR is the go to for PVP out of that list, with the right perks of course.

recks

Nothing better than getting the Elder Cipher only to get hit with a glitch. Beat level 34 and 35 so far this week, and apparently I got it to drop after beating Level 35, but like an idiot I forgot to save a bounty slot. So I beat Skolas again like it says in the Patch Notes, but instead of it working like it's supposed to, I got nothing to drop. So Variks sits in the Reef with the Green Quest notification, but I can't accept the quest since it was never placed in my inventory, even after beating it again when my Bounty list had a vacant spot..

Welcome to the Brotherhood

That sucks :(

I am sure they will fix it soon and you will get your reward! Most of the bounty is waiting anyways.

I thought the patch garuanteed a key drop on you first wanted bounty completion for each character but it seems it's not. Shit I need a key for this Elder Cipher.

10 bucks says you'll get it for your first Skolas kill on that character next week.

Kyne

Hawkian, if for whatever reason you're down two people for the newbie raid shady and I are always down to fill alt spots c:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what does 300/331/365 in this context mean? Is that some factor by which the max damage is throttled by?
Yeah, that's exactly right. At (currently) 365, your weapon is doing the maximum damage that weapon can do against any enemy. If not maxed you're not hitting that 100% bar.

I added the caveat of "against any enemy" only because once you outlevel an enemy by a certain amount- I think it's something like >4 levels- you often hit a cap of the max damage possible to do per shot to that enemy; this is what's occurring whenever you see grey damage number text pop up rather than white (crits still pop up yellow I believe).
Hawkian, if for whatever reason you're down two people for the newbie raid shady and I are always down to fill alt spots c:
You're welcome to sign up if you'd like, or if you would prefer to wait til tomorrow in case anyone does grab the spots tonight.

GutZ31

Some questions:

This will be the one time I probably advise to use this weapon on one of the people playing;

Have one person using Super Good Advice.
This person should be designated the Detainment Bubble Popper.
His/her job is to take out the Eye for when Qoudron is searching for targets.

Make sure you are grouped up close enough together, within line of sight so that you can all be broken out in a timely manner.
Right side tactic seems to be a little safer in my plays "legit".

Super Good Advice" misses" every shot when hitting the detainment bubble, therefor can be fired indefinitely, just try to not reload every time you use it, and only use it on the bubbles.

Everyone else should be high impact sniper/rocket with tracking.
A bubble titan is nice to have for this fight, but needs to be used more for blocking possible flanking, so you are not shot from a blind spot.

Take your time, this is a pretty long fight.

Rubenov

Assuming the fusion rifle re-nerf affected the Vex (same as previous FR nerf), is it also safe to assume the Queenbreakers' Bow got nerfed as well?

Top Bottom