• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Vex has been nerfed? Pls no. It has been my go to weapon recently and I've consistently being getting 15-25 kills per match in control / clash.

blackflag

Do you actually get to buy an Etheric light at rank 3 and 5 or just rank 3?

Want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. There's no reason for me to go to 5 on my characters if not and it'll be super easy to get to 3 even without teh train.

Nothing better than getting the Elder Cipher only to get hit with a glitch. Beat level 34 and 35 so far this week, and apparently I got it to drop after beating Level 35, but like an idiot I forgot to save a bounty slot. So I beat Skolas again like it says in the Patch Notes, but instead of it working like it's supposed to, I got nothing to drop. So Variks sits in the Reef with the Green Quest notification, but I can't accept the quest since it was never placed in my inventory, even after beating it again when my Bounty list had a vacant spot..

Frustrating Times :(

You kind of learn a few things from playing Destiny for so long. One of these things is that bungie has a problem with "space". Not only vault space but also glitches that involve space.

Heavy ammo synth not working on a full inventory.
Shaders and emblms not going to the postmaster if full.

I just never run without some space everywhere.

Rubenov

Vex has been nerfed? Pls no. It has been my go to weapon recently and I've consistently being getting 15-25 kills per match in control / clash.

Should have, as the first FR nerf affected it greatly. That nerf got removed somewhere along the way when I was in a Destiny vacation, for reasons unknown to me, and it just got reapplied on Tuesday (yesterday). So unless Destiny somehow made an exemption, it got hit bad. This is due to it being classified as a Fusion Rifle, even though it doesn't really work like one.

Hence my concern about the Queen Bow, since it's also classified as a Fusion Rifle. Given that many people don't have it or haven't played with it much, this may be hard to tell. It would be great if Bungie could shed some light on this, or perhaps the community can ask Deej.

Actually, would anyone be up for running VoG normal for the flawless run? Also get everyone in the same clan to run it for the other trophy?

Thinking about getting a group for this together later tonight if I can get people up for it?

1 - Me
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

If you're interested quote and add your PSN to the list above :D

Should have, as the first FR nerf affected it greatly. That nerf got removed somewhere along the way when I was in a Destiny vacation, for reasons unknown to me, and it just got reapplied on Tuesday (yesterday). So unless Destiny somehow made an exemption, it got hit bad. This is due to it being classified as a Fusion Rifle, even though it doesn't really work like one.

Hence my concern about the Queen Bow, since it's also classified as a Fusion Rifle. Given that many people don't have it or haven't played with it much, this may be hard to tell. It would be great if Bungie could shed some light on this, or perhaps the community can ask Deej.

Thanks for the info Rubenov. I didn't realise the fusion rifle nerf was removed either. No wonder I seemed like I was unbeatable using the vex. Oh well I was starting to learn how to use TLW anyway. I will just have to use Red Death for IB

Right, I understand you can't compare stats across classes, I've never done that.

So now I have to ask: what does 300/331/365 in this context mean? Is that some factor by which the max damage is throttled by? I know bigger is better, but outside of that, I have no idea. I just assumed 331 meant the weapon would do the max damage in that class.

As Hawkian explained earlier, yes the 365 would currently represent the maximum damage capability the weapon can put out. Where this interacts with the specific stats is that when you have 3 different weapons of the same class that are all 365 Attack.. only then do the specific stats matter and at that point how much they matter depends on both the type of weapons and your personal playstyle and level of ability.

For a Sniper Rifle, it's generally accepted that being able to hit harder in 1 shot is best due to the fact that your Rate of Fire is generally low, you must be more precise, and you're much more vulnerable while firing. However, the trade off for most of the harder hitting Sniper Rifles is a slower Rate of Fire within the class (allowing less margin of error on a missed shot) and generally more recoil as well (generally increasing the time taken needed to be precise) as well as a smaller ammunition reserve. At that point, your personal playstyle and level of skill can make up for what are seen as statistical deficiencies.

A player who is better at quickly lining up headshots won't have as much of a problem with a slower firing Sniper Rifle with low ammo and high recoil as they're more likely to make each shot count. A player who isn't quite as good may find more success with a Sniper Rifle that doesn't hit as hard but fires more quickly with less recoil and more ammo as they can fire more bullets at the target, making up for the missed shots in the same amount of time.

Edit: This is why in MMO terminology the DPS (Damage Per Second) is more important that the Damage Per Attack. What makes Destiny trickier than a "normal MMO" is that Player Skill plays a larger role in hits vs. misses which makes calculating a specific number for DPS impossible as DPS is an average.

Hard oracles and templar, starting from Oracle checkpoint. If enough people need it, we'll go to Atheon.

1. DeathJr.
2. Spirit of Jazz
3. Scottelite
4. Jayforone
5. Souldestroyer199

Need 1 more.

Lnkn52

Embarrassing but that's a good jam though.

200.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Which primary legendary weapons are worth keeping (and reforging) so far?
Lots are! If you give me an idea of what you're looking for, gun type and style I can make you a recommendation. Assuming you're talking about the stuff available at the vendors? Or do you have some already you want to know if they're worth keeping?

Going to try to run through daily crucible on all my 3 characters before I play MGS Ground Zero, I'm glad this game is the free PS june game. Didn't want to spend 20 on what people call a demo.

blackjaw

Going to try to run through daily crucible on all my 3 characters before I play MGS Ground Zero, I'm glad this game is the free PS june game. Didn't want to spend 20 on what people call a demo.

I got 12 hrs out of the "demo", felt good...borrowed it though so I wasn't salty

Sounds like the IB alt buff is double rep if you have another character that is

1. Rank 1 or higher in IB
2. At least 1 IB rank below your highest ranked character.

That is at least what I am gathering from Reddit. Does that seem to be accurate for those of you who have been grinding IB yesterday and today?

I got 12 hrs out of the "demo", felt good...borrowed it though so I wasn't salty

I'm excited to play it. I recently saw the gameplay videos of MGS 5 and I am hyped for it. I hope they have something to show at E3. MGS 5 went from not be on my radar and being in my top 5 for this Fall.

Mindlog

Yay!!!

I got some hate mail. It's been so long.

Video in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQu5mCKUlg

Which, Zoba, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it and letting me know where my weaknesses are, I'd appreciate it.
Bahaha, those are fun.
I got my first love mail in IB. On Rusted Lands I kept holding my favorite spawn despite our team constantly pressing to control all 3 flags. I won lots of 3 v 1s when the spawns would occasionally flip. Won by just 300 points.

You forgot to censor his SN on the very top. LOL SMH.
I think he was salty after you teabagged for a full 3 seconds.

Whoops. Oh well, at least my name is covered I guess.

I'm not normally one to teabag, but there was something about killing a blade dancer and living to tell the tale that really makes me feel smug.

i got accused of lag switching in iron banner yesterday

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

i'll take a look later
Thank you, sir. Appreciate it. Nothing feels quite like a compliment as much as someone assuming you have gone beyond the rules of the game to obtain your abilities.

Bahaha, those are fun.
I got my first love mail in IB. On Rusted Lands I kept holding my favorite spawn despite our team constantly pressing to control all 3 flags. I won lots of 3 v 1s when the spawns would occasionally flip. Won by just 300 points.
I'm the same way. I played a shored of time earlier and I wont ever leave the C sniper platforms. I know how those spawns flip, dang it.

McArkus

Actually, would anyone be up for running VoG normal for the flawless run? Also get everyone in the same clan to run it for the other trophy?

Thinking about getting a group for this together later tonight if I can get people up for it?

1 - Me
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

If you're interested quote and add your PSN to the list above :D

I would like to try this because I don't have the dark below dlc and want that platinum trophy, but could do it only on the weekend.

Top Bottom