• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

So had one of those moments the other day:

Zewone: "Their titan just put up a bubble"

Me: "Oh crap"

Trakkan: "Don't worry guys, I'll take care of this"

*Enters Enemy Bubble*

*2 seconds letter Trakkan's dead body comes flying out of the bubble"

Me: "lol"
Lol I had a buddy of mine run and jump to fist of havoc a bubble, only to realize he was running Defender. Funniest stuff I've ever seen.

Trakan

So had one of those moments the other day:

Zewone: "Their titan just put up a bubble"

Me: "Oh crap"

Trakkan: "Don't worry guys, I'll take care of this"

*Enters Enemy Bubble*

*2 seconds letter Trakkan's dead body comes flying out of the bubble"

Me: "lol"

Edit: Anyone up for a nightfall?

lol

When will people learn that if you don't have a super, don't bother...

The guy was like level 13.

Or just have it scale like they do now.

Right, I meant the way they do it now, and it doesn't confuse anyone.

oh shit

CHpv9yfWgAAvM0C.png:large

edit: it's not an exotic? and it has light... wut...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That sounds stupid and now I'm not buying the Taken King.
Good. That's how it's supposed to work.
New base levels give us a path for missions.

Vanilla Destiny ended with the last mission being level 16-18.

Dark Below ended with the last mission being 22-24

House of Wolves ended with the last mission being 28-30

Its' just natural progression. If bungie released 10 new missions all level 20, then a new potential player could have a hard time determining what levels they should play first.
This is all thrown crazily out of wack because there are way more ways to gain XP than following the story missions (especially if playing over a period of weeks rather than trying to hit max level as quickly as possible). I was level 20 with 4 or so missions left in the launch storyline, and I was level 24 when I completed the Black Garden. A new player can rocket to 31 in less time than it originally took me to get to level 29, So the confusion you're referring to, if it exists as something to design around, already exists in spades.

Lee

I don't buy that. In Destiny 2, they're going to need level 3 missions for new players and level 53 missions for us.

Not if Destiny 1 ends with the tower being destroyed and all Guardians losing their light. You only have time to transfer three items from your vault to your ship before all is lost. And the Traveler falls down so your light level resets.

I don't know. Destiny 2 is going to be boring if I start the game with my Messenger, Felwinter's, and Gjallahorn.

Good. That's how it's supposed to work.

This is all thrown crazily out of wack because there are way more ways to gain XP than following the story missions (especially if playing over a period of weeks rather than trying to hit max level as quickly as possible). I was level 20 with 4 or so missions left in the launch storyline, and I was level 24 when I completed the Black Garden. A new player can rocket to 31 in less time than it originally took me to get to level 29, So the confusing you're referring to, if it exists as something to design around, already exists in spades.

Fair point.

I guess I just don't understand the complaint here. Like, why are people upset about new base levels. It's just another progression area that won't last more than a week anyway.

What exactly is the argument against here? So far all I've seen is "I just don't want to"

No Attack value.

Just lets you know the light level of damage.

Yes, I know. Gjallahorn will still be king.

I actually talked about this before, giving the weapons light levels and simplifying.

...But when I talked about it, I mentioned that they should remove light levels for the character. Because those are pointless, they're just artificial gates of progression.

Ken

Oh, weapons have light levels now?

good god Bungie get your shit together. Gjallahorn is STILL going to be king after this expansion, no reason to use any exotic ever for PvE.

Attack Value always served the same purpose as Light level, but in a much more confusing way.

...But when I talked about it, I mentioned that they should remove light levels for the character. Because those are pointless, they're just artificial gates of progression.

Eh, Light levels is an interesting simplification of the concept of item levels IMO. I do think the penalty for being "undergeared" is a little harsh and the threshold too strict but whatever.

Lunar FC

Hyped for the huge jump in level cap but it basically means that I'm going to have to finally stop using my FWC Immanent War set. It's just too fire.

Yeah. I hope they change their minds but as of now, we (owners of Destiny and the expansions) have two options:

Buy The Taken King for US$40, and get VIP Rewards (reward our loyalty with emblem, shader, sparrow), or
Buy The Take King Collector's Edition for US$80, getting the Destiny+TDB+HoW (lol) along with same DLC and VIP rewards as the above but with additional three shaders, three exotic class items with XP buff, three class specific emotes. If you go physical instead of digital, you also get a Steelbook Case, Art Book and Replica of a Strange Coin.

So if we just buy the expansion we miss out on the shaders, exotic class items and emotes. As launch players, the only way we can get those rewards is by actually buying Destiny and the first two expansions again, along with the rest of the stuff.

At least with the physical you get some cool stuff. But for players who already have the expansions, TTK Collector's Digital is basically a US$40 cosmetic pack bundled to a US$40 DLC.

Yeah I'm fucking pissed about this, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar about it.

Surely they need to reconsider. It's fucking stupid.

Why would I go and buy Destiny and the DLC for a second time when I already invested by buying them both day zero?

Unless I buy them a second time, for no fucking reason, then I can't get the exotic class items etc?

Fucking blow me Bungie.

zewone

light level instead of attack value makes much more sense.

It's cleaner. going from 300v323v331v365 it was just going to get messy.

Light level answers the question right away how much damage it will potentially do since impact is what really matters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fair point.

I guess I just don't understand the complaint here. Like, why are people upset about new base levels. It's just another progression area that won't last more than a week anyway.

What exactly is the argument against here? So far all I've seen is "I just don't want to"
Yeah, there's no real basis for complaint or being upset.

I mean... I can complain about it in the old man yelling at cloud sense because it's pointless. But it's also not worth complaining about because... it's pointless. It's just one of those things. It's part of the language of videogames. No cause for alarm.

About that rocket launcher... remember we're still talking 3 months away here. Plenty of stuff might not be finalized or there could be multiple factors we don't understand. Removing the attack value in favor of unifying light across weapons and armor isn't the worst idea ever, for example.

Theorry

Gotta love Destiny. Not long ago we were watching twitch reveals of the House of Wolves, Now already we are seeing new stuff again. Awesome.

Frenden

Banned
Not if Destiny 1 ends with the tower being destroyed and all Guardians losing their light. You only have time to transfer three items from your vault to your ship before all is lost. And the Traveler falls down so your light level resets.

I don't know. Destiny 2 is going to be boring if I start the game with my Messenger, Felwinter's, and Gjallahorn.

Screw that. If my spoils don't carry over to D2, I'm going to be suuuuper bummed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hyped for the huge jump in level cap but it basically means that I'm going to have to finally stop using my FWC Immanent War set. It's just too fire.
Why does it mean that? After not really liking any of the looks I'd found for my Warlock so far, I hit 34 on Sunday with an unbelievably lucky "no shader" setup using an old Robe of the Exodus, and their Gauntlets (and the PoE boots). The red highlights are just there. Looks amazing with Obsidian Mind:
I'm sure I'll never get any of the DO shaders so this is very nice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom