• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
what is super friendly mode?

Guessing he means mayhem.

Edit: top of page class item hype:

digital-collectors-exotics.png

Kyne

Actually I wanna come back to this image because it's the strangest IMO:
gDwM1aB.jpg

S7-vostuk_bng killed us. As expected, the top banner tells us who this was. He is identified as a Light level 49 Guardian, with base level 20. However, this very same Guardian is visible in the frame. And we can see that he's not visible as a level 49 but rather as a level 20. This is strange because right now, we appear to each other as level 34s in the Crucible despite being at base level 20.

Same thing happens with the Warlock:
j1qSI4U.jpg

Notice how he is seen as a level 30 (hovering over his head), despite his Light level being listed as 45 at the top.

This begs two different questions:
  1. How can a Guardian be level 49 while his base level is 20? (pic 1)
  2. Why are Guardians seeing each other at their base level instead of their Light level in the Crucible?

The answer to all of this is simple. These are meaningless numbers that are the result of a play test to show off the new content.

Yes, this works. Already exported a good 400 GB onto a 2 TB external, and the ol' PS4 HD is filling up again... I remember I had to reformat the external drive somehow so that PS4 would recognize it as a USB storage device, but then I could easily move stuff from the PS4-->external-->Windows laptop. I'm not terribly computer literate and forget exactly what I did but I'm sure you can figure it out if I managed too :p

Sweet, thanks! I remember when you were doing that a little while back for some time. Probably the easiest way to organize the videos as well.

On the topic of base level increasing:

Here we can see an XP gain upon a kill filling up the bar (26 XP; 1:52 in the video)
dVC8vy7.png

Furthermore, here we can see a Level 45 Guardian where it is indicated that his base level is 30. Also, look at the text feed, the icon for electrocution kills is badass.
j1qSI4U.jpg

However, here's a level 49 Guardian at base level 20:
gDwM1aB.jpg

Weird. We may yet have some things to learn about Light levels with The Taken King. Seems conclusive, however, that base level will in fact increase to 30.

This is very interesting and fits with the original leak/speculation of a base level increase to level 30. I am surprised to see light levels going so High. Kind of expected them to go to 40 which is only 10 levels above the XP limit like in Vanilla Destiny.

I also expected a base XP level of 30 to equip new gear kind of like current gear requires a base level of 20 to equip except the one image of someone at Light Level 49 and Base 20 throws a wrench into that.

Either way, progression is getting shaken up. Very exciting.

Trakan

2. Why are Guardians seeing each other at their base level instead of their Light level in the Crucible?

Could be an internal build that isn't final, which would explain the weird icon that the new Warlock super uses. It could also be new UI changes.

Deku Tree

Why would they increase the base level if not to add more?

What other purpose would it serve?

I don't believe it. They are adding a new subclass with a collection of new abilities within it (some of which will be similar to abilities in other subclasses). The old subclasses will stay the same, no new abilities.

I hope the new Titan subclass gets "Blink".

Not until they drop 360/PS3 will we ever see increased vault space. It's just not possible from a technical standpoint. When Destiny 2 comes out, we'll look back on this time and laugh.

What makes you think it's exotic though?

Unless it's a level 1 sidearm, all specials and heavys(Again, aside from the white common item) have elements.

Unless they decided to add common sidearms which I mean....why would they when they didn't add any in HoW or anyone would use it over the Vestian Dynasty. And why would a level 20/30 guardian use a white common item?

Actually I wanna come back to this image because it's the strangest IMO:
gDwM1aB.jpg

S7-vostuk_bng killed us. As expected, the top banner tells us who this was. He is identified as a Light level 49 Guardian, with base level 20. However, this very same Guardian is visible in the frame. And we can see that he's not visible as a level 49 but rather as a level 20. This is strange because right now, we appear to each other as level 34s in the Crucible despite being at base level 20.

Same thing happens with the Warlock:
j1qSI4U.jpg

Notice how he is seen as a level 30 (hovering over his head), despite his Light level being listed as 45 at the top.

i think this may be tied to "level advantages" and the new subclass.

think about it: in normal crucible, the fact that you're level 20 or level 34 doesn't matter. you've got all your subclass skills unlocked.

in iron banner or trials, the fact that you're level 34 absolutely matters.

light level is totally meaningless in crucible, so why bother showing it? however, your path toward progressing that 3rd subclass is absolutely meaningful information, the same as a level 13 in crucible you can make an educated guess doesn't have all his class tree open yet.

this is probably the first hint at a refined and revamped light leveling system that feels less random and arbitrary.

Unless it's a level 1 sidearm, all specials and heavys(Again, aside from the white common item) have elements.

Unless they decided to add common sidearms which I mean....why would they when they didn't add any in HoW or anyone would use it over the Vestian Dynasty. And why would a level 20/30 guardian use a white common item?

Oh yeah, I guess it could just be a white quality item. I think only fusion rifles had guaranteed elements to them.

Edit: I think sidearms were originally designed to show up in TTK, but Bungie wanted something else to get us excited about in HoW, so we got a preview, so to speak.

I fully expect Sidearms to be fleshed out in full for TTK.

ocean

Banned

To be fair, Sidearms are a class we aren't too familiar with. Perhaps elements on Sidearms are the exception and note the rule? Or maybe it's a White? I mean, having an Exotic one be Kinetic while the rest (assuming there's a lot more of em) get an element would be extremely strange even by Bungie standards.

Ikkarus

I don't think Blink and Titans should ever mix. It just doesn't feel right.

Plus I can't recall the name (sorry!) but someone pointed out that they saw the Solar Titan Shoulder Charge which would hint towards a similar lift jump that Void and Arc Titans have.

zewone

I don't believe it. They are adding a new subclass with a collection of new abilities within it (some of which will be similar to abilities in other subclasses). The old subclasses will stay the same, no new abilities.

That's fine if you don't believe it. I'm just theorizing as much as anyone else here.

If someone could tell me why they would increase the base level without adding new abilities, I'd love to hear it.

The theory that the extra 10 is from unlocking the 3rd subclass sounds the most believable.

Frenden

Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if the items aren't locked in/are lacking features like elemental damage at this stage.

To be fair, Sidearms are a class we aren't too familiar with. Perhaps elements on Sidearms are the exception and note the rule? Or maybe it's a White? I mean, having an Exotic one be Kinetic while the rest (assuming there's a lot more of em) get an element would be extremely strange even by Bungie standards.

Unless it's a badass pistol.

It is an exception, and so far all specials(Except the exceptions, UR and No Land Beyond) have an element associated with them.

Namikaze1

I don't think Blink and Titans should ever mix. It just doesn't feel right.

Plus I can't recall the name (sorry!) but someone pointed out that they saw the Solar Titan Shoulder Charge which would hint towards a similar lift jump that Void and Arc Titans have.
That someone was me. :)

I believe Solar Titans have shoulder charge. In the vidoc, you see the solar Titan kneeing in midair like a striker Titan does when shoulder charging in the air.

Shoulder Charge + Mjolnir = Shao_Kahn_hammer_time.gif

Had to back out of a weekly I spent 20 minutes in. Randoms suck so much. I would hate if raids had match making if this idiot cannot handle a simple strike. OMG.

Kyne

Titans use something to boost up, why not give them a super strafe? Huge boost of momentum (a la iron man) in any direction.

zewone

Had to back out of a weekly I spent 20 minutes in. Randoms suck so much. I would hate if raids had match making if this idiot cannot handle a simple strike. OMG.

One of the reasons they don't offer matchmaking for raids.

Bungie is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

ocean

Banned
That's fine if you don't believe it. I'm just theorizing as much as anyone else here.

If someone could tell me why they would increase the base level without adding new abilities, I'd love to hear it.

The theory that the extra 10 is from unlocking the 3rd subclass sounds the most believable.

Well you will be upgrading new abilities. A ton of em: on your new subclass :p Don't think they'll add anything to the old ones, though I'd be happy to discover I was wrong. As of now, I don't think there's anything to suggest that being the case.

I believe Hawkian still does raids for people on Thursdays, but he can definitely give you more info on that. What level are you right now?

Also, you can request here whenever you're looking or if you have an advanced time within a few hours or so:

"Looking for VoG Normal Run @ 830 CST
1) Roddslayer
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)"

And people usually sign up if the time permits. I'm down to help as well; You can add me, (assuming PSN:) xplicitone

And yea buying vanguard and crucible gear with Marks will get you to 32. Minus 1 gear if you have an exotic

Thanks for the response, I'm a level 28 Hunter right now and I'm mostly playing Crucible to get loot there. I'll add you on my friends list, I live on the west coast and usually play from 8:30 to midnight most nights.

Why would they ad new abilities when you already have exactly the right amount now?

There are Currently 27 abilities for each subclass.

Currently when you hit Level 20, you have about 8 abilities left to learn. If you instead leveled to 30, chances are you would hit 30 around the same time you'd have maxed out the subclass.

Seems to me the rate at which you gain abilities for the subclass was designed around the level 30 max all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom