• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally finished the ViDoc. I'm gonna be honest with you all, beyond the new subclasses I hadn't been feelings any sort of hype takeover whatsoever up til now.

...but the snippet of the new Raid, hoooooly shit please now want give.

ocean

Banned
Deej takes way too much heat from the community when he doesn't actually decide absolutely anything. I mean he sees we want Vault space, takes it up with the devs and they say "can't do it, sorry". Deej is the one who has to communicate this unpleasant information to an aggressive player base. Sure it'd be better if he answered "we wish we could but technical limitations on a cross gen title make this unfeasible" but he can't shit on half the platforms. So he gives out long winded sophisms but whether he phrased it briefly or not the result would be the same. No vault space.

Deej is such an F-ing ahole. I wish they would fire him already.

Like, seriously? C'mon man. None of the decisions that upset us have to do with him.

CHp0PTdUkAA7AXO.png:large

good to see they are bringing back the OG armor for Warlocks. :p

rNilla

Deej takes way too much heat from the community when he doesn't actually decide absolutely anything. I mean he sees we want Vault space, takes it up with the devs and they say "can't do it, sorry". Deej is the one who has to communicate this unpleasant information to an aggressive player base. Sure it'd be better if he answered "we wish we could but technical limitations on a cross gen title make this unfeasible" but he can't shit on half the platforms. So he gives out long winded sophisms but whether he phrased it briefly or not the result would be the same. No vault space.

Exactly. I know many people don't care for the way DeeJ chooses to communicate the Bungie doctrine but get over it already. Jeez.

Lunar FC

I didn't even know there were weapons I can't even get anymore. Not my fault the game lost my interest because it was short on content at launch. :'(

Frenden

Banned
I didn't even know there were weapons I can't even get anymore. Not my fault the game lost my interest because it was short on content at launch. :'(
Rerollable weapons dictated a change in possible perks.

I'm glad I have an OG Timur's Lash (Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control) and Devil You Know.

stb

Sorry all!

Got busy and forgot to do the roundup post.

Here it is!

I'm good to join Team 2 tonight if anyone can't make it. Up for anything.

Dang hate to see you out two Tuesdays in a row! Nice of you to keep organizing though. I'll probably be on for a few hours tonight, from around 7:30-10:30 central. No specific plans. Just want to do some 34 or 35 Prison, maybe some Nightfalling.

Not sure what T-44 is up to.

I'm down for doing the NFs and whatever else anyone needs/wants to do. Still need to get my first 35 PoE done.

Thanks, as always, for setting this up. I'll be around at 8:30 EST. I'm down for, PoE, NFs, or even a raid depending on the group's interest.

I should be around tonight for PoE, raids, whatever, with the finals game on in the background. If it's close, might dash out to watch the end.

Added.

I'll be available for the 9:30 slot as usual (maybe a bit earlier or later) and will be looking to do the usual catching up - 3xNF, 3xPoE32 and 3xPoE34 (whatever can be squeezed in before I start missing out later on in the week when ToO starts..)

FYI - hope the the demotion/promotion joke I made didn't rub you the wrong way - believe me, most of the stuff I spew is all in good fun (and if I'm ranting and raving, I usually calm down before I finish the post and end up deleting it)

I REALLY appreciate the effort you're putting in here, since I'm also lazy and mostly join groups instead of starting /serious

Hah, no worries. I didn't read much today, so totally missed it, anyway. =) Added.

Thanks as always for setting the up!

I'll be available at 9:30EST or so for Nightfalls and PoE (32,34,35).

I'm up for some PoE 32, 34, 35 tonight.

Thanks Berried! I'll be on tonight and I'll get the group together. I wouldn't mind running a raid as a change of pace but I'm up for anything. I'll be looking to do 1 more NF before 8:30 if anyone's free.

I'm in for regular group. Wouldn't mind doing a 32 or 34 PoE but it's not a big deal if we do something else. Kinda trying to get a stockpile of E light so I don't have to agonize over what I want to upgrade. Been playing too much crucible and not enough PVE.

Added.

Here's the lineups as they stand now:

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) captscience (PSN captscience) - wouldn't mind raiding, but up for anything
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - NF/PoE/Whatever
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - raid/NF/PoE
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - PoE/raids/whatever
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) - PoE32/34/Whatever
6) ??

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) - NF/PoE32/34/35
2) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - whatever
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - available 8:30-11:30 Eastern - NF/PoE34/35
4) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) - NF/PoE32/34
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) - PoE32/34/35
6) ??

Alts
a) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - out again this Tuesday; should be around Thursday/Friday/Weekend (will be looking for PoE32s for the gloves)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) - "Taken King" bug won't let him play

Edit: If I missed you, my apologies. I was doing this really quickly. Please reply to this post so captscience and ich00 can find you if need be.

Edit 2: verde just got hit by the bug that won't let him play until Taken King is out, so you'll need a 6th for 8:30.

Why did they move the ghost to the front page, it's not like they make any skins for it or anything. Also wonder what the thing below the class item could be.

It's because they're making skins for it.

As for the item underneath the class item, it's going to be another cosmetic item. That hammer that's in the 'Titans exotic class item' picture? It probably goes there.

Trakan

Interesting that the ghost was moved to the front page here. I wonder if something else replaced it in page 2.

More interesting is the locked item underneath the class item.

As for the item underneath the class item, it's going to be another cosmetic item. That hammer that's in the 'Titans exotic class item' picture? It probably goes there.

So I can get a nova bomb or a self revive on my hip?

Hm. What is that Progress tab?

the questions posed by this single screenshot have literally doubled my excitement for TTK.

All the glorious new content is one thing, but the evolution of the _systems_ in destiny is what actually makes it special and not just another shooter.

zewone

You can get actually still get old gear by getting engrams from the old Vanguard Strike playlists and praying to RNGesus.

Dunk#7

I'm up for either. Need points as well. Won't have mic.

I am really sorry. I got three friend requests and accepted all of them.

I ended up going in order of who joined.

I feel really bad, but I had not seen the thread until after everybody sent the requests and joined

Ken

Oh boy more worthless legendary engram fillers to get.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The same reason the Fallen fight each other.
Unless you mean this to be synonymous with "because it's videogames and nothing has to make sense," there is almost no chance it is actually for that same reason. They're almost insectoid in terms of life cycle and mentality and don't have complex civilization. There are different sects of Hive but I don't believe there are any instances at all of them fighting one another in the entire game and even the other gods besides Crota that we know nothing about (Eir, Xol) all theoretically consider Oryx the central deity of the entire race.

It could go totally unexplained and I don't think anyone would care all that much because it's not like we're here for the narrative. But a throwaway line or mission in the TTK story to explain why it's happening would be cool.
There is no way he said that
Fucking idiots
Deej is such an F-ing ahole. I wish they would fire him already.
for fuck's sake. sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom