• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people dismantled it anyways :p it was a rare random drop, with random perks, which was stuck at 300 attack when everything else went to 331.

The compounded luck of having gotten one during the only Queen's Wrath, it having good perks, and having kept it until now make it extremely unlikely you'd have one even if you hadn't stopped playing.

I still have an arc one in my vault, can't remember the perks though!

I'll maybe ascend it :p

Edit:

You wrote it better than I could have >.<

glad to see he got banned for disrespecting the best game on the planet

Damn that was fast!

Light level 50 might not be happening in TTK after all

Bg1esa4.png

I hope it isn't 50, that's too much for me. That's 16 more levels if you're 34, I don't want to grind 16 more levels to do end game content.

Makes a thread about destiny in gaming.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1064727

Says no shit posting.

First post shitpost.

Fml.

Honestly, what did you think was going to happen.

And, what a surprise, you have all the usual suspects shitting up your thread with off-topic drivel chastising you for ever playing Destiny in the first place or just straight-up derailing.

You have only yourself to blame.

Nice clickbait-ey thread title you gave it, though.

Some youtuber is posting screens of new TTK weapons with a huge watermark link to his channel over the gun itself. Ugh I fucking hate when people do that.

Namikaze1

After seeing what Revenant looks like on Titan ToO armor (it was Drizzay's Titan) I'm gonna stick with Imogen Fire for that gear. Imogen Fire just looks better on it IMO.

BearPawB

Banned
Bought the expansion pass last night on a whim.

Try to play this morning. Destiny won't launch
This afternoon? I still can't play my digital version of destiny. This is pretty bullshit.

ocean

Banned
Wait I'm confused now that I think about it.

My options in physical are:

The Taken King Legendary Edition: Destiny + 3 DLC packs US$60
The Taken King Collector's Edition: Legendary Edition + goodies and exclusive cosmetics for US$80

My options in digital are:
The Taken King: 1 DLC for US$40
Digital Collector's Edition: Same content as Legendary Edition + exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Um...how is the second Digital tier Collector's and not Legendary? I understand charging more for the physical Collector's because of the Strange Coin Replica, Steelbook, Art book.

But the Digital Collector's Edition is Destiny + 3 DLC packs - what you get for US$60 in physical - being sold at US$80. They are literally placing a US$20 premium on emotes and three shaders on digital. Alternative explanation is that the physical goodies are "free" and you're also paying the premium on physical just to get the emotes and shaders, which is a ridiculous way to look at it.

Dang it gonna, have to run PoE now.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I like the Skolas fight way, way better now. It's all about teamwork and communication, like a raid boss should be. No sword-runner-all-star Scrota nonsense. Cannot wait for TTK raid, even if I'm a little bummed it looks like another dreary Hive-ish affair. I'd love a sprawling Cabal raid with huge, sunny outdoor areas as a change of pace.

Hope hope hope we finally get a worthy VoG successor. Big shoes to fill but not impossible by any stretch.

0/3 on weapons from the 35 I did yesterday, if they buffed the drop rate we got boned.

I should have clarified that my wacky theory is based only off something that went in effect after this weekly reset, even if the code was patched in earlier. Pure speculation but 6/6 would have been astronomically low odds previously and I killed him 3x every week.

Anyone else have Skolas loot drops to report from today, either good or bad?

Karl2177

Oh, weapons have light levels now?

good god Bungie get your shit together. Gjallahorn is STILL going to be king after this expansion, no reason to use any exotic ever for PvE.

I know this quote is fairly old, but Gjallarhorn won't be king for long. Once Year 2 starts, there will rise another.

Radabe

Neo Member

The Taken King Collector's Edition: Legendary Edition + goodies and exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Digital Collector's Edition: Same content as Legendary Edition + exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Um...how is the second Digital tier Collector's and not Legendary? I understand charging more for the physical Collector's because of the Strange Coin Replica, Steelbook, Art book.

Does anyone know if you get the physical disc collectors edition do you also get the class/exotic items? Or are they exclusive to digital? Would seem crazy to spend $80 and not get the in game gear.

Zoidberg

I should have clarified that my wacky theory is based only off something that went in effect after this weekly reset, even if the code was patched in earlier. Pure speculation but 6/6 would have been astronomically low odds previously and I killed him 3x every week.

Anyone else have Skolas loot drops to report from today, either good or bad?

I'm from Australia so yesterday for me was post-reset, should have said that :p The skolas fight is nice now, I'll probably start running only a 35 PoE on each character from now on I think.

I'm just happy I was able to pick up my bugged cipher after a week of Variks taunting me.

Namikaze1

I know this quote is fairly old, but Gjallarhorn won't be king for long. Once Year 2 starts, there will rise another.
People said this for TDB and HoW. Gjallarhorn hasn't been dethrone and I just don't see it ever getting so. Bungie knows that Gjallarhorn is the game's most sought after and most beloved weapon. Of course they will try to create a weapon better than Gjallarhorn but I just don't see Gjallarhorn ever being dethroned.

Hey there DGAF, I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks since I'm getting back into Destiny from putting it down late last year. I don't have any of the DLC's however I'd like to get into doing the Vault of Glass for the very first time.

Most of my friends have moved on, where can I group up with some VoG Vets to help me along? Any recommendations on leveling up to 30 w/o the DLC. Thanks for the help

Always good to see lurkers emerge from the woodwork! Hopefully everyone that visits this thread feels welcome to throw out some posts. Don't let Nami bogart the whole thing (Kappa).

No idea if you're still around or what time zone you are but I'd be happy to do a newbie friendly VoG tonight if there's enough interest. Always feel free to shoot me a PM as well, sometimes I can be forgetful when there's too many Destiny things going on :p

I'm from Australia so yesterday for me was post-reset, should have said that :p The skolas fight is nice now, I'll probably start running only a 35 PoE on each character from now on I think.

I'm just happy I was able to pick up my bugged cipher after a week of Variks taunting me.

lol well that does clarify things! Good to have a few more data points, small sample size is small. I'll do another kill sometime this week and also keep track of other people posting about it.

People said this for TDB and HoW. Gjallarhorn hasn't been dethrone and I just don't see it ever getting so. Bungie knows that Gjallarhorn is the game's most sought after and most beloved weapon. Of course they will try to create a weapon better than Gjallarhorn but I just don't see Gjallarhorn ever being dethroned.

Wolfpack rounds that spawn more Wolfpack rounds. Or a Machine Gun that only shoots Wolfpack Rounds.

GhaleonEB

But the Digital Collector's Edition is Destiny + 3 DLC packs - what you get for US$60 in physical - being sold at US$80. They are literally placing a US$20 premium on emotes and three shaders on digital. Alternative explanation is that the physical goodies are "free" and you're also paying the premium on physical just to get the emotes and shaders, which is a ridiculous way to look at it.

The Collector's editions, in concept and content, make no sense to me at all. I couldn't figure out the pricing either.

I also really dislike this trend of announcing premium editions before enumerating what the expansion itself contains. I get that the CE's are aimed at the hardcore who will grab it either way, but I think it's a poor practice.

ocean

Banned
Does anyone know if you get the physical disc collectors edition do you also get the class/exotic items? Or are they exclusive to digital? Would seem crazy to spend $80 and not get the in game gear.

Both Collector's editions have the same cosmetic rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom