• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Rocket

Did one run of Skolas: Remixed this morning, imo it's much improved. We didn't bother trying the 42 Horn Salute strat but just played it out nice and easy. Cleared adds along the way and focused on each mine wave as it appeared, took ~10 minutes. It felt like the encounter was "working as intended" since you had to stick together as a team for a long time but could survive more reasonably.

Sure it takes a few more minutes than one perfect Burn kill, but it'll be way more consistent. If you understand the encounter, and especially if you clear adds along the way, it's very manageable to clear Skolas without wiping. The only catch is if they add some horrible modifier like Grounded, and Small Arms would also be interesting since we still used Horns as the only major DPS source. Brawler and Juggler this week are total non-factors.

Overall: 2 thumbs up. GG Bungie.

This is good news for this week with Brawler and Juggler modifiers.

I joined a run last night post-patch with the Lightswitch modifier, which is a bad modifier for this fight. We had many a times when an invisible swashbuckler would melee kill two of us at a time with one lunge while we were juggling the poison. We did down Skolas, and I got my third Cipher, which makes it OK.

Prior to me joining, the team had two 34's and a 33 and had been trying for 3.5 hours. The 33 had to leave, and I joined with my Warlock 34. Everyone of us had experience taking Skolas down with the burns. But it still took us an hour to "solve" Skolas post-patch. Most of that time was spent running around the arena on the outer edges in clockwise fashion, juggling the poison, clearing adds, reviving, etc.

It still required a lot of communication because the poison had to be juggled in a specific pattern since we needed the hunter to go dismantle the mines when they spawned on the opposite side of where we were. There were a lot of cheap deaths due to the lightswitch modifier. And then we would have to wait to revive before DPS'ing Skolas due to the poison mechanic.

Overall, I still feel like Void Burn Skolas was the most balanced fight. I'm not a fan of NPC's getting cheap one-shot kills on Guardians (of The Universe). Funny thing, I made the comment to my teammates after the first wipe last night that Lightswitch should NEVER be used as a modifier UNLESS it is coupled with Brawler.

Sounds tedious, think i will be skipping 35 from now on, I just don't feel like dealing with it.

BS rewards anyways.

Done with PoE. Taking a break.

Also, finally got Dreg's Promise. Yay I guess...

That's how I feel right now. HoW literally had 2 weeks of content or so. After that it's just regurgitating things weekly, the only new thing being Trials of Osiris.

As far as content goes, it was disappointing. Alot of good changes, but between the weapon reforging and the stagnation of weapon progression, it doesn't have alot of content going for it.

ocean

Banned
I didn't even know there were weapons I can't even get anymore. Not my fault the game lost my interest because it was short on content at launch. :'(

Nothing too important to be honest. Shadow Price was a famous example but there's better ARs available now (and post nerfs they all suck anyways). Another old favorite was The Devil You Know. You can roll Red Hand IX or The Fulcrum into functionally identical or superior versions.

I'd say the only vanilla weapon that I really wish I had was The Supremacy (the old Queen's sniper rifle).

The current Queen's sniper, Her Benevolence, is top tier. The old one had better range, stability, reload speed and aim assistance while keeping the same impact/RoF class (enough to kill through revive shield). Assuming you got lucky with a good roll, it's likely the absolute best PvP sniper in the game and is no longer available.

hhnnngggghhhhhh

CHp4pvbUYAAZDu-.jpg:large

Namikaze1

That's how I feel right now. HoW literally had 2 weeks of content or so. After that it's just regurgitating things weekly, the only new thing being Trials of Osiris.

As far as content goes, it was disappointing. Alot of good changes, but between the weapon reforging and the stagnation of weapon progression, it doesn't have alot of content going for it.
I already got all the HoW exotic weapons (Vesta is dead and FoAF is locked to just Bungie and one person) and all the PoE and ToO armor. Don't see myself playing PoE for the foreseeable future.

Whelp, hurting for space, so I'm looking really hard, and trying to make some tough decisions to delete gear.

Most likely on the chopping block:
Hard Light
Monte Carlo
Dragon's Breath
SGA
Universal Remote
Invective
NLB
Nechrochasm

Shadow Price
TDYK

Armor:
TDK Vendor Armor

Good start for now, I guess.

Brojito

Neo Member
Nothing too important to be honest. Shadow Price was a famous example but there's better ARs available now (and post nerfs they all suck anyways). Another old favorite was The Devil You Know. You can roll Red Hand IX or The Fulcrum into functionally identical or superior versions.

I'd say the only vanilla weapon that I really wish I had was The Supremacy (the old Queen's sniper rifle).

The current Queen's sniper, Her Benevolence, is top tier. The old one had better range, stability, reload speed and aim assistance while keeping the same impact/RoF class (enough to kill through revive shield). Assuming you got lucky with a good roll, it's likely the absolute best PvP sniper in the game and is no longer available.

I''m one of the lucky ones that has an old Supremacy. It's an awesome looking sniper with the gold body and purple trim. I think it was actually my first legendary sniper I ever had.

Unfortunately the perks I have on it are complete shit. Mulligan and one of those other "ammo returns to the magazine perks". I've never seen it actually work.

raindoc

I'm glad I have an OG Timur's Lash (Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control) and Devil You Know.
I had to get rid of mine, because vault space. rarely used it anymore, sure - but i also don't play with my plastic dinosaurs anymore and still didn't throw them away. Would've been nice to carry weapons I really like(d at some point) through all (advertised/promised) ten years of Destiny.

To anybody from Bungie reading this: the vault shouldn't be viewed just as a storage unit, but as a collection. Collections grow.
Like todd put it: it's a good thing, a compliment from from us to you, that we don't want to throw away stuff just because we don't actually use it (anymore).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Before I forget.

Thursday, 6/18/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Ken

And people wonder why others are skeptical about TTK's price in Gaming side.

Lunar FC

Just the thought that I missed out on something troubles my OCD terribly.

GG Mr-S and Jinjo! Very slick Skolas kill, and many loots for all. I'm becoming convinced they stealth buffed the elemental primary drop rate in this week's patch, all 6 people have gotten one from the two kills I've done today:

Sure. Unless the adds are bugged, I'm really looking forward to it.

The adds are good to go, I really think you'll dig the new version Hawk. Right up your alley.

anyone running anything?

I'm down for some PoE of any flavor if you're still around. Sorry I missed you last weekend!

ocean

Banned
Just the thought that I missed out on something troubles my OCD terribly.

Most people dismantled it anyways :p it was a rare random drop, with random perks, which was stuck at 300 attack when everything else went to 331.

The compounded luck of having gotten one during the only Queen's Wrath, it having good perks, and having kept it until now make it extremely unlikely you'd have one even if you hadn't stopped playing.

Zoidberg

GG Mr-S and Jinjo! Very slick Skolas kill, and many loots for all. I'm becoming convinced they stealth buffed the elemental primary drop rate in this week's patch, all 6 people have gotten one from the two kills I've done today:

0/3 on weapons from the 35 I did yesterday, if they buffed the drop rate we got boned.

Korosenai

I am the 1%... who doesn't have the freaking trials shader!

27H0c5K.png

Crazy that I have 304 games played and i've only seen it drop 5 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom