• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what did you think was going to happen.

And, what a surprise, you have all the usual suspects shitting up your thread with off-topic drivel chastising you for ever playing Destiny in the first place or just straight-up derailing.

You have only yourself to blame.

Nice clickbait-ey thread title you gave it, though.

Makes a thread about destiny in gaming.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1064727

Says no shit posting.

First post shitpost.

Fml.

From what it looks like, it seems as though the first reply got the Titan solar super.

There are so many destiny haters that don't really even have a clue what the game is like at the current state.

P44

People said this for TDB and HoW. Gjallarhorn hasn't been dethrone and I just don't see it ever getting so. Bungie knows that Gjallarhorn is the game's most sought after and most beloved weapon. Of course they will try to create a weapon better than Gjallarhorn but I just don't see Gjallarhorn ever being dethroned.

If you can't ascend any further, that would basically do it.

Namikaze1

The only way they can dethrone OG Gjallarhorn is with a Rainbow Burn Gjallarhorn.

Make the initial rocket kinetic while Wolfpack rounds rainbow burns.

Daemul

Wait I'm confused now that I think about it.

My options in physical are:

The Taken King Legendary Edition: Destiny + 3 DLC packs US$60
The Taken King Collector's Edition: Legendary Edition + goodies and exclusive cosmetics for US$80

My options in digital are:
The Taken King: 1 DLC for US$40
Digital Collector's Edition: Same content as Legendary Edition + exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Um...how is the second Digital tier Collector's and not Legendary? I understand charging more for the physical Collector's because of the Strange Coin Replica, Steelbook, Art book.

But the Digital Collector's Edition is Destiny + 3 DLC packs - what you get for US$60 in physical - being sold at US$80. They are literally placing a US$20 premium on emotes and three shaders on digital. Alternative explanation is that the physical goodies are "free" and you're also paying the premium on physical just to get the emotes and shaders, which is a ridiculous way to look at it.

I said this on another forum, but whoever buys the Digital Collector's Edition is a sucker, you're literally being charged the same for less.

I'm getting back into this game after like a six month hiatus. Now that I'm back, I find myself lost among all the new currencies and items they've added to the game, and I'm finding myself stuck.

I'm currently a level 28. What's the fastest way to continue leveling up? Before I stopped, I was able to perform the highest level Weekly Strike and Daily Strikes, which provided me with good ascendant materials. But since they changed the levels to 26, 30, and 32 (or something like that), I can only compete at the lowest level and I don't receive the same amount of materials as I used to.

I've found a few new pieces of armor that have Roman numerals I or II (I'm assuming that these refer to the first and second expansions). I guess I just need to focus on these and ignore the original pieces of Legendary armor I have? But that still leaves me in a problem of gathering the necessary pieces of ascendant material to level them up completely.

Any tips for someone trying to get back into this game? I'm going to play again with my brother tonight, but after we do the Daily and Weekly Strikes, I have no idea what I can do after that.

EDIT: Also, on my weapons I noticed an option to upgrade them to their highest Year 1 level. What does this mean?

ocean

Banned
The Collector's editions, in concept and content, make no sense to me at all. I couldn't figure out the pricing either.

I also really dislike this trend of announcing premium editions before enumerating what the expansion itself contains. I get that the CE's are aimed at the hardcore who will grab it either way, but I think it's a poor practice.

I think the physical one is a good value. I mean not for us, but for someone looking to buy in? You're getting a GOTY equivalent of the game with some goodies which you may or may not want (Steelbook, a Strange Coin, some art) and in-game cosmetics for only US$20 premium.

At launch, the Digital Guardian edition made sense because it was a discount on the season pass. You were paying extra over the base game because it included 2 DLC expansions.

Now there's a physical Legendary edition (Game+all DLC). The digital equivalent is US$20 more expensive because it gives you 1 emote and class item per class + 3 shaders? C'mon.

Honestly, what did you think was going to happen.

And, what a surprise, you have all the usual suspects shitting up your thread with off-topic drivel chastising you for ever playing Destiny in the first place or just straight-up derailing.

You have only yourself to blame.

Nice clickbait-ey thread title you gave it, though.

I know :(

I tried to believe in GAF. I tried :(

And thanks, I went for the 'intriguing' strategy with the title ;)

bakeray

Is there some place to get the expansion pass cheaper or is my best bet just to try and score some Xbox credit below retail and buy it digitally?

I haven't played any of these expansions and wanted to beat that content before the new stuff comes out in the fall, it looks like I'd actually be paying more money if I buy that digitally now as it's $80. Both digital editions on their own are [35(out now) + 40(this fall)]=$75

Lunar FC

The Taken King Collector's Edition: Legendary Edition + goodies and exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Digital Collector's Edition: Same content as Legendary Edition + exclusive cosmetics for US$80

Um...how is the second Digital tier Collector's and not Legendary? I understand charging more for the physical Collector's because of the Strange Coin Replica, Steelbook, Art book.

But the Digital Collector's Edition is Destiny + 3 DLC packs - what you get for US$60 in physical - being sold at US$80. They are literally placing a US$20 premium on emotes and three shaders on digital. Alternative explanation is that the physical goodies are "free" and you're also paying the premium on physical just to get the emotes and shaders, which is a ridiculous way to look at it.

The whole pricing thing is a shitshow.

Should be:

The Taken King: $40
Expansions I & II + The Taken King: $50
Destiny + Expansions I & II + The Taken King: $60 *Digital/Physical
The Collectors Edition: $80 *Physical

Jinjo

GG Mr-S and Jinjo! Very slick Skolas kill, and many loots for all. I'm becoming convinced they stealth buffed the elemental primary drop rate in this week's patch, all 6 people have gotten one from the two kills I've done today:

Thanks for the help Drizzay! It was good fun playing with you again! Most of all I'm happy I got my elder cipher. Now the waiting game begins...

SaM0j6u.jpg

EL CUCO

Bought 4 Destiny T-shirts. One for each member of my family. That way the wife can't say I'm blowing money on myself :D

hydruxo

I'm not about to spend extra to rebuy vanilla Destiny and the two DLCs. As of right now I'm just getting the standard edition unless Bungie comes out and makes a cheaper CE version that doesn't make you rebuy content.

It makes zero sense.

I guess some people just want to watch the world burn.

Always good to see lurkers emerge from the woodwork! Hopefully everyone that visits this thread feels welcome to throw out some posts. Don't let Nami bogart the whole thing (Kappa).

No idea if you're still around or what time zone you are but I'd be happy to do a newbie friendly VoG tonight if there's enough interest. Always feel free to shoot me a PM as well, sometimes I can be forgetful when there's too many Destiny things going on :p

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. This has always seemed like a good community so I'm looking forward to getting some Raids in with fellow gaffers.

milkham

I'm getting back into this game after like a six month hiatus. Now that I'm back, I find myself lost among all the new currencies and items they've added to the game, and I'm finding myself stuck.

I'm currently a level 28. What's the fastest way to continue leveling up? Before I stopped, I was able to perform the highest level Weekly Strike and Daily Strikes, which provided me with good ascendant materials. But since they changed the levels to 26, 30, and 32 (or something like that), I can only compete at the lowest level and I don't receive the same amount of materials as I used to.

I've found a few new pieces of armor that have Roman numerals I or II (I'm assuming that these refer to the first and second expansions). I guess I just need to focus on these and ignore the original pieces of Legendary armor I have? But that still leaves me in a problem of gathering the necessary pieces of ascendant material to level them up completely.

Any tips for someone trying to get back into this game? I'm going to play again with my brother tonight, but after we do the Daily and Weekly Strikes, I have no idea what I can do after that.

EDIT: Also, on my weapons I noticed an option to upgrade them to their highest Year 1 level. What does this mean?

What exotic armor do you have? you can bring a piece of that up to max light level with an exotic shard, probably should do a helmet, then buy an armor piece from the vanguard vendor (maybe a chestpiece) , if that doesn't get you to 32, take a quick run through crota raid to hopefully fill out any gaps. then start doing Prison of Elders. you can get an armor core from PoE level 32 so you can buy gauntlets from variks, which i think should get you to 33, and if you run prison of elders level 34 you'll get an etheric light which you can use to ascend a pair of boots to get you to 34. Thats just off the top of my head

the roman numerals denote whether the item in question was introduced as part of the dark below or the house of wolves.

I just came back recently as well.

Let's see.

lvl 32 you can get to easily by using vendor stuff by using vanguard or crucible marks. I and II means which DLC they're from. Wear the II stuff, they're superior most of the time. For your original legendary armor, you need to ascend them using a material called etheric light that can only be gotten in the POE raid lvl 34 or a lucky drop from nightfall. Don't worry about ascendant shards, the II legendary gear comes fully leveled in light levels so you dont need materials to upgrade them again.

Just do raids like VoG, Crota and get your lvl 32 gear to do Prison of Elders. Once you can do 34 and 35, you'll be able to reach lvl 34 easily in no time. Also etheric lights can be used to boost your gear to their highest attack level to keep them relevant so you can keep favourites like fatebringer around.

Kyne

*squirms into Hawkian's raid spots*
I nudged an irl friend (who's also a gaffer, mostly a lurker) who's never done a raid and is super interested based on our feedback of the last raid we did with you. Hopefully it's not an issue :x if it is just let me know.

Obscured

TTK looks interesting (the pricing does not), but at this point I'm feeling like I'll wait to see what it actually contains and how it is tecoeved before jumping in. The way they've been going it seems like I should just wait until there are further expansions because there will be some mechanism to bring me up to whatever the current level is. A bit tired of the exclusive content as well.

I'd be lying though if I didn't say it does look intriguing.

Unrelated, updated Skolas fight is better, but kind of hate the devouring essence. I wish there were multiple ways to get rid of it. Take it from an ally but also give it back to the fallen by melee, the stronger the enemy the longer your team is clear. If you hit Skolas is could take a bigger chunk of his health, risk/reward for getting a little more personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom