• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

11194516_10152755996666841_122822285863575590_o.jpg

WTT Black Hammer for Fatebringer. PST.

What exotic armor do you have? you can bring a piece of that up to max light level with an exotic shard, probably should do a helmet, then buy an armor piece from the vanguard vendor (maybe a chestpiece) , if that doesn't get you to 32, take a quick run through crota raid to hopefully fill out any gaps. then start doing Prison of Elders. you can get an armor core from PoE level 32 so you can buy gauntlets from variks, which i think should get you to 33, and if you run prison of elders level 34 you'll get an etheric light which you can use to ascend a pair of boots to get you to 34. Thats just off the top of my head

the roman numerals denote whether the item in question was introduced as part of the dark below or the house of wolves.

I just came back recently as well.

Let's see.

lvl 32 you can get to easily by using vendor stuff by using vanguard or crucible marks. I and II means which DLC they're from. Wear the II stuff, they're superior most of the time. For your original legendary armor, you need to ascend them using a material called etheric light that can only be gotten in the POE raid lvl 34 or a lucky drop from nightfall. Don't worry about ascendant shards, the II legendary gear comes fully leveled in light levels so you dont need materials to upgrade them again.

Just do raids like VoG, Crota and get your lvl 32 gear to do Prison of Elders. Once you can do 34 and 35, you'll be able to reach lvl 34 easily in no time. Also etheric lights can be used to boost your gear to their highest attack level to keep them relevant so you can keep favourites like fatebringer around.

Thanks for the help guys. However, I don't have either of the expansions so my options may be somewhat limited. I suppose that right now I'll just need to focus on purchasing armor from the Vanguard. Once I level up to 30 I'll look into buying the new content. I still haven't even done the Vault of Glass. :/

Namikaze1

You know, one thing I like is that the new subclasses are tied to the Taken King's story. You're basically going up against Satan in the Taken King. I like that we will have to go and unlock our true potential in order to stand a chance against Oryx.

When I go to my home screen on my PS4 it shows that Destiny will be unlocked in 90 days. . but I'm playing on it right now but I feel like if I ever close Destiny I will be screwed. What's going on DGAF? I know some people had an issue earlier.

Namikaze1

When I go to my home screen on my PS4 it shows that Destiny will be unlocked in 90 days. . but I'm playing on it right now but I feel like if I ever close Destiny I will be screwed. What's going on DGAF? I know some people had an issue earlier.
Let me refer you to my thread over on gaming side:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1063893

Basically, something went wrong on Sony's end. You will need to delete and reinstall Destiny to fix that problem.

Thanks for the help guys. However, I don't have either of the expansions so my options may be somewhat limited. I suppose that right now I'll just need to focus on purchasing armor from the Vanguard. Once I level up to 30 I'll look into buying the new content I still haven't even done the Vault of Glass. :/

Just pick up Destiny The Taken King for $60 in september.

It comes with the main games+2 DLC+the taken king expansion. Better idea than spending $40 right now and then spending $40 again a few months later. As for now just do VoG with gaf, do some PVP, get to lvl 32 and have fun.

milkham

Thanks for the help guys. However, I don't have either of the expansions so my options may be somewhat limited. I suppose that right now I'll just need to focus on purchasing armor from the Vanguard. Once I level up to 30 I'll look into buying the new content. I still haven't even done the Vault of Glass. :/

i think if you have all vendor gear you can hit level 32 actually,
if you are playing on playstation4 feel free to add me, i'll have to do vault of glass at least once this week.

psn:milkham

ocean

Banned
I think the physical tiers are good. Both fair prices. US$60 for Destiny and all the DLC or US$80 for that + CE goodies.

Digital should've been 3 tiers:

US$40: The Taken King
US$50: Legacy Guardian Edition (all the class items and shaders) for us
US$60: Legendary (same name as physical, same content: Destiny and all the DLC) for newcomers who won't give a shit about a bonus shader anyways

Where the US$50 includes the CE in-game stuff for those of us who already have the old content.

Jinjo

You know, one thing I like is that the new subclasses are tied to the Taken King's story. You're basically going up against Satan in the Taken King. I like that we will have to go and unlock our true potential in order to stand a chance against Oryx.

Hopefully the story missions to get thise will be unique and different for each class in Destiny. That'd be really cool.

Shito

*switches off Destiny*
*boots up a twitch stream before heading to bed*
*gets a TTK ad*

Come on, Bungie, you know I'll already plunge in, let me breathe a little! ^^

Mindlog

Destiny unlocked. Taken King is out! hooray!

Anyone still need Nightfall? Still micless on my end, but I hear it's pretty easy.

todd360

I agree. It would make no sense for us to suddenly have these new powers. They have to be tied to the story or its as dumb as a friend ship power up in fairy tail.

Also we definitely need to podcast about all this stuff this weekend.

Curious question I'm sure has been asked a thousand times before. What good alternatives are their to thorn and TLW for PvP? I'm tired of using thorn and suck with TLW.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I'm attempting to "git gud" at PvP.

My brother and I are first timers and would like to finally play the Vault of Glass tonight (we're levels 28 and 29). Is there anyone who is running the Raid around 8PST who wouldn't mind taking along a few new people?

Namikaze1

Friday is no good for me. When I'm done with work I have to go a thing. Saturday I work as well, but I will be free after 5 pm. Its got to be saturday or sunday. This also seems like a good time to do a live episode.

Nami how did you get destiny back? Did they fix the problem already?
Problem not fix. You have to delete and reinstall destiny. Not a great solution.

Curious question I'm sure has been asked a thousand times before. What good alternatives are their to thorn and TLW for PvP? I'm tired of using thorn and suck with TLW.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I'm attempting to "git gud" at PvP.

Hawkmoon if you're on PSN
Red Death
Vex
Bad Juju
Messenger or Spare Change

If you want to stick with HC, Jewel is decent, but it's outclassed by the exotic HCs.

Friday is no good for me. When I'm done with work I have to go a thing. Saturday I work as well, but I will be free after 5 pm. Its got to be saturday or sunday. This also seems like a good time to do a live episode.

Nami how did you get destiny back? Did they fix the problem already?

I can probably do Sunday then.

Sofa King

Was nightfalling with LFG partners and the PS4 exclusive content came up (year 1 unlocking for Xbros). One guy (who had a British accent, so he was really convincing) said that the Comet exclusives are not for the full year, but only until Q1 2016. Any truth to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom