• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 bounties, and look at all that quest space!!??

hJPZNlb.jpg

brb crying at my desk

Hey DGAF any other games that should be on my radar for this fall?

Autum 2015 Games to Buy:
1 Metal Gear Solid V (9/1)
2 Destiny's The Taken King (9/15)
3 Assassin's Creed Syndicate (10/23)
4 Halo 5 [pre-ordered] (10/27)
5 Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (11/06)
6 Fallout 4 [pre-ordered] (11/10)
7 Star Wars Battlefront (11/17)
Need For Speed, most likely

There's my list.

Persona 5
Rise of the Tomb raider
Uncharted Collection
Godzilla
Mad Max
Dragon Quest Heroes
Rainbow Six Siege
Tales of Zestiria
Just Cause 3
Ratcher & Clank

Here's some more to look out for I suppose.

Are all of those games 2015 for sure?

I was debating adding Just Cause 3 but there is no way I can afford all of these games. Hell I'm even debating adding Gears to the list now.

There's my list.

I wouldn't have guessed that you were not a CoD fan. I still can't find NFS release date, do you know it?

Edit:

Thanks. I'll consider putting it down for a purchase. I just really want to see more gameplay. I enjoy arcade racing more than sims so it's on my radar

tick221

What am I supposed to do with the locked destiny on my ps4?

According to a @askplaystation tweet last night this was fixed, they suggested to logout and then back in

Not sure if it works though

I had the same problem with DLC 1 and I ended up having to delete the full game and re download it to get back in

raindoc

Yesterday was crazy. Played Crota's End for the first time and then did Prison of Elders 35 for the first time. The former was a lot of fun. I particularly liked the bridge part and all the coordination that involved. Got Black Hammer out of it too and I didn't even know how awesome it was! The latter was kinda brutal. We wiped several times on the way to the boss and it made me want to give up several times, but we pushed on to Skolas. We struggled with him. On our third try we managed an unbelievable rally as we moved as a group around the perimeter of the map, passing the rebuff around and picking off adds until we could hit the boss undisturbed. Got him to about 25% health and then we tripped up. One friend got caught out, one tripped on the geometry, and I got overwhelmed as the last guardian standing. Hurt pretty hard. We lost our momentum, our groove, and our confidence. Tried a couple more times but couldn't get past 50% of his health again. Spent 3 and a half ours on him, it was late, so we called it quits and went to orbit defeated. I know they recently tweaked the Skolas fight so I don't know if there's a clear cut strategy anymore, but I'd certainly appreciate you guys' advice!

not mch advice to hand out re: ractics IMO - you did good. circling around the map while cutting down adds is the way to go. at 50% and 25% health he'll spawn mines, so getting rid of adds before you reach those points is worth a ton.

I was debating adding Just Cause 3 but there is no way I can afford all of these games. Hell I'm even debating adding Gears to the list now.

Those are all confirmed 2015.

Just mark down the interesting ones, I usually buy games months after they're out to save money and to see if they're really good.

LTWood12

not mch advice to hand out re: ractics IMO - you did good. circling around the map while cutting down adds is the way to go. at 50% and 25% health he'll spawn mines, so getting rid of adds before you reach those points is worth a ton.

100% this. Don't get in a hurry to get his health down. Focus on the adds, burn him down, repeat.

I don't see how the Vault space for weapons cannot take the same whole space.

Really? I feel like the memory strain for more weapons with several strings of levelling (as opposed to missions and bounties which traditionally only have one) would be too much constant calculation for older systems.

I doubt the hold up is just finding a spot for it in the UI.

Arrrammis

I don't see how the Vault space for weapons cannot take the same whole space.
I kind of wish that they didnt make the vault have three different parts. My armor tab is almost empty, my consumables is only half full (thanks you ammo synth stacking change), but my weapons is completely full. Just give me a total amount of slots I can fill total and let me distribute them as I want!

Hey DGAF any other games that should be on my radar for this fall?

Autum 2015 Games to Buy:
1 Metal Gear Solid V (9/1)
2 Destiny's The Taken King (9/15)
3 Assassin's Creed Syndicate (10/23)
4 Halo 5 [pre-ordered] (10/27)
5 Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (11/06)
6 Fallout 4 (11/10)
7 Star Wars Battlefront (11/17)

Persona 5
Rise of the Tomb raider
Uncharted Collection
Godzilla
Mad Max
Dragon Quest Heroes
Rainbow Six Siege
Tales of Zestiria
Just Cause 3
Ratcher & Clank

Here's some more to look out for I suppose.
The only games I know fo sho that I am getting is Metal Gear Solid 5, Persona 5 if its release this year, some type of shooter. Too many games and not enough time D:

Oh I know Luke is. I was talking about maybe the guy who mentioned NeoGAF is a Gaffer, as well. I got to play with Luke once and that was really awesome. Great guy

stealth edit: rofl! I didn't see that post of his. Awesome!
haha yeah, heard theres a few gaffers that played with the dev. Thats awesome they do that.
I actually have a high end PS member on my friend list ;)

Lnkn52

Yeah, but I don't care. They need to de-sync the two or scrap old gen so it's not holding current systems back. It's ridiculous.

For real. Their new excuse is that they don't want us to keep our old gear, so dismantle them all to make space for the new stuff.

Kyne

Yeah, but I don't care. They need to de-sync the two or scrap old gen so it's not holding current systems back. It's ridiculous.

Not gonna happen. Yesterday Deej pretty much spelled it out.

"Deal with it."

For real. Their new excuse is that they don't want us to keep our old gear, so dismantle them all to make space for the new stuff.

It's funny you say that. Along with what I just posted above, yesterday when asked if new players had a shot at getting old weapons (I think Felwinters was used as an example) Deej basically said "you had to be there, those items are special to those who came first" while just before he was saying you shouldn't be married to your old weapons.

I'm trying to give the guy a break but god damn don't contradict yourself in a span of 3 minutes.

Lnkn52

They should just make it a feature of Current Gen consoles.

Buy Destiny for PS4/Xbox One! More Vault Space!
And 1 more exclusive spot for PS4 owners.

PuMa

Not gonna happen. Yesterday Deej pretty much spelled it out.

"Deal with it."

He contradicted himself a bit in the interview too though. I'm still holding out hope. I'm not confident that Deej always knows what he's talking about.

You played with Luke?! Can I touch your hands?

hahaha sure, high 5!

I wouldn't have guessed that you were not a CoD fan. I still can't find NFS release date, do you know it?

I used to love the series especially MW1 and 2. After that it fell apart for me. I'll still play it from time to time but definitely not too much interest anymore. With that said, I need to play COD:AW a little bit more since I've played it probably twice around release.

Lnkn52

He contradicted himself a bit in the interview too though. I'm still holding out hope. I'm not confident that Deej always knows what he's talking about.

Communication between Deej and Bungie seem to be distant. It be funny if Deej is this guy from Office Space:

office_space_stapler_with_milton1.jpg

"I thought we fired that guy?"

I know this is off topic but is there any reason why there isn't a pop up notification when someone replies to you, option?

I searched my name and see some fairly old replies to me that I missed and I didn't mean to ignore anyone >_<

LTWood12

Sorry man, I have those kind of days all the time (usually work related shit). Watch all these glorious videos from E3! :)

Thanks Dave. Combination of bad headache, bad spousal fight, and having to quit right after getting to Skolas last night to have said fight.

Deku Tree

I know this is off topic but is there any reason why there isn't a pop up notification when someone replies to you, option?

I searched my name and see some fairly old replies to me that I missed and I didn't mean to ignore anyone >_<

NeoGAF is not a huge budget operation and it is suported by those tiny low revenue banner ads. EviLore is doing fantastic for this site but those notifications would be too taxing on the servers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom