• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

That picture showing int and dis stats, and bonus xp gain for weapon types on a class item, is probably one of the best news for TTK. ^^
I can't wait to hear what "artifacts" do...

LTWood12

NeoGAF is not a huge budget operation and it is suported by those tiny low revenue banner ads. EviLore is doing fantastic for this site but those notifications would be too taxing on the servers IMO.

Really enjoyed running Skolas w/ you & Soss last night. Knew we only need one or two more attempts. Fight is actually fun now! So disappointed that I had to bail.

Deku Tree

Really enjoyed running Skolas w/ you & Soss last night. Knew we only need one or two more attempts. Fight is actually fun now! So disappointed that I had to bail.

Yeah sorry you had to quit at Skolas. Sucks that there is no CP after playing for so long. It was a lot of fun playing with you too.

Probably won't be possible at all to bring current legendaries to TTK levels. We'll see.

you know what, im totally cool with that. If HoW has taught me anything, is I dont know what I really want and to not trust myself. The ascension has really taken the bite out of the game. There is really nothing worth grinding for, no carrot so to speak. nothing to get excited about. As much as we complained about the RNG system. it was exciting to finally get that loot. Hell, over the past several days Ive seen many (FINALLY GHORN) posts that barely got any attention. It used to be an event. Loot just isnt that exciting anymore.
Getting to max level is far to easy and now its just:
"well Veriks didnt have the peice I needed, just need to wait a week"

Why Run Skolas for elemental primaries when:
"Ill Just ascend my old ones, there better anyway"

Im also sitting on unleveled gear that I dont feel like doing bouties to upgrade. becuase it will just get leveled in time becuase of the low EXP requirements now. I used to pass guns around to all characters to level them doing bounties. now I just dont care.
The good news is I dont have to spend as much time doing this stuff anymore and it frees up time to do the activites I want to do.

I got everything I ever wanted from this expansion and I dont like what I thought I wanted.

The expansion was great at getting something for everyone thuogh. ToO for the hardcore PVP players and PoE for us PVE players

Still love running NFs and POE's with everyone though!
STILL HAVE TO KILL SKOLAS!

So, thinking about TTK plot so far with what we have seen. Oryx, a god, is coming to earth with an armada that the guardians can't possibly hope to fight. In fact, none of our ships have guns...at all. The only people that have weapons on ships are all enemies. Saying that, how am I supposed to believe that earth isn't going to get smoked by Oryx's fleet even if we kill a god! There are only 2 things I can think of and one of them would be most excellent if it happened.

1. We are essentially going in spartan style to destroy and entire fleet with a very small team. This doesn't jive with me still because there are still hundreds of other warships that could ice us/earth.

2. The nine finally step in and make an appearance. I think this expansion would be the best time to show them in the destiny universe. We are literally fighting the god of the hive, so what can we counter with but the nine who are essentially the god weapons of mankind at this point. I also imagine there will have to be some very unique relic type weapon to fight Oryx as I imagine bullets aloke won't fell him. I think the nine helping out with the entire thing would be ballin' as hell.

I also believe the nine would fit in well because let's assume we kill Oryx, and lets assume all the taken snap out of it. I don't think they will magically be chummy with us and peace out. Also, there still has to be some base army that isn't made of taken that is loyal to orxy. So we still need help there.

I realize bungie doesn't give a wet fart about the story. But there are good opportunities here imo to change that.

ocean

Banned
There should be a Weapons Vault and another for Armor and accessories. Put them side by side. Current space in our vault filled to the brim with all weapons without the separators would be enough.

deadduck

There should be a Weapons Vault and another for Armor and accessories. Put them side by side. Current space in our vault filled to the brim with all weapons without the separators would be enough.

Just allowing us to use the existing slots for anything would do me.

zewone

Bungie could get over everything fitting on the screen at once.

Here's how you solve the vault like Pokemon. Box 1, Box 2, Box 3, etc.

Gotta collect them all.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

Great idea! That sounds like a good alternative to just extending the Vault (which they don't want to do/ can't because of last gen limitations). Give us three vaults that load separately.

Messiek

- Delete the game and download it again after

Works.

Edit - Try to log off PSN first... seems like it worked for some guys (not for me).

No , first log out of PSN and then log back in to see if that works.

According to a @askplaystation tweet last night this was fixed, they suggested to logout and then back in

Not sure if it works though

I had the same problem with DLC 1 and I ended up having to delete the full game and re download it to get back in

People have been deleting and re-installing it :(

Try restoring your licenses, reseting the console logging out, not sure about the order though. If this dosent help, redownloading does the trick.

Thx guys : ) Let's hope the logout trick works.
I'll hop online more often now.

Trakan

It's funny you say that. Along with what I just posted above, yesterday when asked if new players had a shot at getting old weapons (I think Felwinters was used as an example) Deej basically said "you had to be there, those items are special to those who came first" while just before he was saying you shouldn't be married to your old weapons.

I'm trying to give the guy a break but god damn don't contradict yourself in a span of 3 minutes.

Always important to remember.

CBuUE78.jpg

Lee

So, thinking about TTK plot so far with what we have seen. Oryx, a god, is coming to earth with an armada that the guardians can't possibly hope to fight. In fact, none of our ships have guns...at all. The only people that have weapons on ships are all enemies. Saying that, how am I supposed to believe that earth isn't going to get smoked by Oryx's fleet even if we kill a god! There are only 2 things I can think of and one of them would be most excellent if it happened.

1. We are essentially going in spartan style to destroy and entire fleet with a very small team. This doesn't jive with me still because there are still hundreds of other warships that could ice us/earth.

2. The nine finally step in and make an appearance. I think this expansion would be the best time to show them in the destiny universe. We are literally fighting the god of the hive, so what can we counter with but the nine who are essentially the god weapons of mankind at this point. I also imagine there will have to be some very unique relic type weapon to fight Oryx as I imagine bullets aloke won't fell him. I think the nine helping out with the entire thing would be ballin' as hell.

I also believe the nine would fit in well because let's assume we kill Oryx, and lets assume all the taken snap out of it. I don't think they will magically be chummy with us and peace out. Also, there still has to be some base army that isn't made of taken that is loyal to orxy. So we still need help there.

I realize bungie doesn't give a wet fart about the story. But there are good opportunities here imo to change that.

I like this. We technically have guns on our ships, but just haven't fired them.

Also, the Vex has a giant fleet of ships that's never been explained. And the Cabal have decent anti-air capabilities. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcMdxwNXKY

So much potential... hopefully we look back in 10 years and just see this as a slow start to a long revelation. Or something.

Not gonna happen. Yesterday Deej pretty much spelled it out.

"Deal with it."

It's funny you say that. Along with what I just posted above, yesterday when asked if new players had a shot at getting old weapons (I think Felwinters was used as an example) Deej basically said "you had to be there, those items are special to those who came first" while just before he was saying you shouldn't be married to your old weapons.

I'm trying to give the guy a break but god damn don't contradict yourself in a span of 3 minutes.

Sunds like hes giving the "PR answer" as well as Bungies very own "thoughts on the matter". Doesnt sound like they go hand in hand does it?

They dont want us to keep our old stuff becuase they want us to pay more money for the new ones. JUST BUSINESS is all.

X-Frame

Making the maximum amount of Intellect / Disc / Strength 20 total per item makes a lot of sense if that is what they go with as 5 wearable armor pieces adds to 100, so each point should directly equate to the percentage increase for cool downs, or am I wrong?

Changing the Attack values to Light effectiveness for weapons seems also to make more sense. We will see what they finalize with though, the E3 build is probably already a few months old.

PuMa

Making the maximum amount of Intellect / Disc / Strength 20 total per item makes a lot of sense if that is what they go with as 5 wearable armor pieces adds to 100, so each point should directly equate to the percentage increase for cool downs, or am I wrong?

Changing the Attack values to Light effectiveness for weapons seems also to make more sense. We will see what they finalize with though, the E3 build is probably already a few months old.

Makes too much sense. They'll do something different.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Question: I'm pre-ordering the next Destiny game as it comes with all the content and haven't bought the DLC packs, but can I sell my current Destiny copy once I get Destiny DLC Retail Edition? Or is my profile tied to the vanilla edition?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Shito

Always important to remember.
I understand Deej is only a spokesperson, but I think he's doing a bad job at it. His tone is more often than not a bit off, and he had quite a few outbursts of condescending posts. I don't resent him for anything, but I don't find him very likeable, which is quite a problem from a CM...

Trakan

I understand Deej is only a spokesperson, but I think he's doing a bad job at it. His tone is more often than not a bit off, and he had quite a few outbursts of condescending posts. I don't resent him for anything, but I don't find him very likeable, which is quite a problem from a CM...

Absolutely. When a guy was asking him about skipping cutscenes after he heard he could from another Bungie employee, he said "Then why are you asking me?!" in a condescending way.

This is such a stupid simple idea, I wonder why it hasn't been suggested before. If they're not going to give us more space in the vault because last-gen is hamstringing current-gen, then just add a separate second vault.

Or! just remove the categories. I have all my armor on my characters. But every time I play I battle the 24 items limit of "General".

Absolutely. When a guy was asking him about skipping cutscenes after he heard he could from another Bungie employee, he said "Then why are you asking me?!" in a condescending way.

I heard that exact bit and didn't take it as condescending at all. More like self effacing. He knew he knew less than the guy he asked before.

I like this. We technically have guns on our ships, but just haven't fired them.

Also, the Vex has a giant fleet of ships that's never been explained. And the Cabal have decent anti-air capabilities. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcMdxwNXKY

So much potential... hopefully we look back in 10 years and just see this as a slow start to a long revelation. Or something.

Do they have guns? They aren't very prominent @_@. Still though, we have so few ships that are in actual fighting shape, and no guardians who are good at space combat because it isn't in the game yet!

I, too, hope I can look back on destiny several years down the road and wipe my brow in relief at all that could have gone wrong.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Hnnnng. I need it.

I haven't forgotten about this but I'm having trouble finding a decent Nightstalker image that is different enough from the two avatars I've already made.

No worries mate! Thanks for the effort though. I will find another avatar ;)

Namikaze1

I need to do a raid. A drunk raid. Any type of raid. Please, if you value your life, do not watch any of the videos in that woodpecker thread in off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom