• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to do a raid. A drunk raid. Any type of raid. Please, if you value your life, do not watch any of the videos in that woodpecker thread in off-topic.

Now I kinda have to watch it Nami... :(

Btw, they just announced the PS4 will be made in Brazil now. Maybe we can get a price drop from over $1000. :/

Trakan

I heard that exact bit and didn't take it as condescending at all. More like self effacing. He knew he knew less than the guy he asked before.

It's just not how I would talk to someone. It's not how a community manager should talk to someone, and it's something a community manager should know.

Hyun Sai

Ah ah, so if we can't ascend legendaries anymore, we will have the choice between playing the new terrible ones or not play at all ? Given that the people who designed te first batch are long gone obviously.

At least with the current system we got some choice.

PuMa

Ah ah, so if we can't ascend legendaries anymore, we will have the choice between playing the new terrible ones or not play at all ? Given that the people who designed te first batch are long gone obviously.

At least with the current system we got some choice.

I'm guessing there will just be a new upgrade material to collect. You can trade in your etheric lights for rep or something.

I understand Deej is only a spokesperson, but I think he's doing a bad job at it. His tone is more often than not a bit off, and he had quite a few outbursts of condescending posts. I don't resent him for anything, but I don't find him very likeable, which is quite a problem from a CM...

Absolutely. When a guy was asking him about skipping cutscenes after he heard he could from another Bungie employee, he said "Then why are you asking me?!" in a condescending way.
He constantly gets accused of condescending to the hardcore audience and talking down to us, yet people tut tut me when I say they should use someone else.

Wow. Given the large population of Brazil, I can imagine so many gamers-to-be just laying there... dormant.

It's awful. Most of us either:

1) Import all of our stuff. (me now)
2) Gravitates towards the cheapest console. (that's the 360 here)
3) Go where piracy is available. (hate to admit but I did this till I got my first job during high school)

I'm kind of ashamed to admit this, but piracy made me a gamer. If the PS1/2 did not allow for piracy, I'd probably not be a gamer at all. Just so you have an idea, the first original game I bought with my money was Final Fantasy X and it costed me over $150 dollars here.

Now combining PS3/4/V i have over $3000 spent on psn/retail stuff.

noomi

I think I got one more Skolas run in me this week, and then breaking from destiny for a bit. Well I'll probably still do trials on the weekend....

Going to start focusing on my PC backlog over the summer, and will use the month before TTK to level a new titan.

phen0m24

He constantly gets accused of condescending to the hardcore audience and talking down to us, yet people tut tut me when I say they should use someone else.
Wish I could get that gig

It would be fun, apart from never bring able to please everyone and stuff; )

Trakan

Warlock raid class item?

CHsRR6GUEAAqs6Z.png

Question: I'm pre-ordering the next Destiny game as it comes with all the content and haven't bought the DLC packs, but can I sell my current Destiny copy once I get Destiny DLC Retail Edition? Or is my profile tied to the vanilla edition?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
Your profile Is stored server side so, as far as I can tell, you should be fine.

X-Frame

How would this even work if I have the Digital Guardian Edition and then I buy the physical edition of TheTK?

Just curious.

I don't think a physical version of the Taken King will even exist. It will probably be a redemption code for the ex pac.

Seems like they are treating this as a retail release. The disc will still have all the vanilla and Exp1 content or be part of a separate install disc.

I don't think a physical version of the Taken King will even exist. It will probably be a redemption code for the ex pac.

I'm assuming the majority of the data is server side, so it just has to be unlocked. So there's really no reason to warrant a physical version.

Deku Tree

I have 20 e-lights and I have lots of legendaries that I haven't upgraded yet but I also don't plan to use them too frequently and I feel no desire to upgrade them just in case.

When we finally face Oryx will we be asking what the TTK is on TTK?

(bored at work)

The Oryx fight will be very different from previous bosses in that the player cannot do any damage to Oryx at all.

Oryx can only be damaged by Darkness. Darkness that all the other enemies (read: Taken) will be firing at us.

The only way to damage Oryx is to basically "cleanse" a group of adds, who will then turn to fire at Oryx for a brief period of time. Guardians will have a relic that will cleanse a group of enemies with a very long cool down. So you'll want to find a good sized enemy group to cleanse. You don't want to cleanse like a single dreg and a vandal. You'll only do like 3% damage to Oryx. You want to cleanse like a group of 6 or 7 enemies to drop his health by like 10-18%.

This is how Bungie is getting around the G'horn spam, by not even letting the players damage the boss themselves. Instead the whole fight will be about avoidance and add cleanup. Because once you cleanse a group of enemies, you obviously want to keep them alive as long as possible from other adds.

Eventually Oryx will make his way over and destroy them no matter what, but that's the difference between the 10% and 18%.

Relics will be lost on use, and you'll have to traverse the map to find another one to use. They'll spawn like the new Spark does in the Rift mode except in various spots. Similar to the spark, if you don't use it within X time, you'll die from self combustion.

Also bored at work.

Obviously none of this is true. I'm just making it up as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom