• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

The Oryx fight will be very different from previous bosses in that the player cannot do any damage to Oryx at all.

Oryx can only be damaged by Darkness. Darkness that all the other enemies (read: Taken) will be firing at us.

The only way to damage Oryx is to basically "cleanse" a group of adds, who will then turn to fire at Oryx for a brief period of time. Guardians will have a relic that will cleanse a group of enemies with a very long cool down. So you'll want to find a good sized enemy group to cleanse. You don't want to cleanse like a single dreg and a vandal. You'll only do like 3% damage to Oryx. You want to cleanse like a group of 6 or 7 enemies to drop his health by like 10-18%.

This is how Bungie is getting around the G'horn spam, by not even letting the players damage the boss themselves. Instead the whole fight will be about avoidance and add cleanup. Because once you cleanse a group of enemies, you obviously want to keep them alive as long as possible from other adds.

Eventually Oryx will make his way over and destroy them no matter what, but that's the difference between the 10% and 18%.

Relics will be lost on use, and you'll have to traverse the map to find another one to use. They'll spawn like the new Spark does in the Rift mode except in various spots. Similar to the spark, if you don't use it within X time, you'll die from self combustion.

Also bored at work.

Obviously none of this is true. I'm just making it up as I go.

It....sounds all true.

You know they'll make use of that spark thing in the raid at least.

Mindlog

I have ~10 E-Light left, but I upgrade lots of stuff. I have Fatebringer and Blackhammer ascended duplicates. I also have a bunch of armor upgraded. First I started upgrading armor that complimented exotics. Then I upgraded armor that had certain perks. Then I upgraded armor because it had a Hawk on the chest.

Daemul

Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading the Destiny subreddit, it's has a toxic atmosphere and it's full of constant shitposting from blind Destiny fanboys and hater's alike. Atleast with the Bungie.net community, they have self depreciating humour to go along with the toxicity, with gems like this one;

Reverse flawless! Just went 0-9 in trials. AMA.

I'm in tears.
KuGsj.gif

It....sounds all true.

You know they'll make use of that spark thing in the raid at least.

Nah. It'll show up as some mini quest that's part of a bounty in the Forge of the Gods DLC that comes out next May.

Yes, I'm making fun of the Turret quest. :p

I actually love the Turret quest.

The Oryx fight will be very different from previous bosses in that the player cannot do any damage to Oryx at all.

Oryx can only be damaged by Darkness. Darkness that all the other enemies (read: Taken) will be firing at us.

The only way to damage Oryx is to basically "cleanse" a group of adds, who will then turn to fire at Oryx for a brief period of time. Guardians will have a relic that will cleanse a group of enemies with a very long cool down. So you'll want to find a good sized enemy group to cleanse. You don't want to cleanse like a single dreg and a vandal. You'll only do like 3% damage to Oryx. You want to cleanse like a group of 6 or 7 enemies to drop his health by like 10-18%.

This is how Bungie is getting around the G'horn spam, by not even letting the players damage the boss themselves. Instead the whole fight will be about avoidance and add cleanup. Because once you cleanse a group of enemies, you obviously want to keep them alive as long as possible from other adds.

Eventually Oryx will make his way over and destroy them no matter what, but that's the difference between the 10% and 18%.

Relics will be lost on use, and you'll have to traverse the map to find another one to use. They'll spawn like the new Spark does in the Rift mode except in various spots. Similar to the spark, if you don't use it within X time, you'll die from self combustion.

Also bored at work.

This actually sounds like a a challenging and enjoyable encounter...

MrS

Banned
Need 1 for a level 32 and then a 34 if you want. Already in. Mr-Stephen on PSN, just jump in, we're not at the boss yet.

Saw this on Reddit

Subclass perks:

Warlock

Grenade

Lightning Grenade

Deluge Grenade: Creates a local lightning storm

Pulse Grenade

Glide

Enhanced Control

Focused Burst

Balanced Glide

Stormtrance: Hold R2 to fire Arc lightning from your hands.

UNKNOWN

Superconductor: Doubles your Stormtrance Lightning’s chaining capabilities

Electric Glide: While in Stormtrance, L3 teleports you a short distance in the direction you are moving

Thunderstrike: Deliver an Electrocuting melee strike to close range targets.

UNKNOWN

Tempestuous: Your thunderstrike has greater range

Rising Storm: Hits with Thunderstrike charge your Super, Ability and Melee energy

Column 5

Unchanged

Column 6:

Rain Check: When revived you trigger a shockwave, disorienting all nearby enemies.

Uninsulated: Incoming Melee Attacks Shock the attacker

Inclement Weather: Getting a Grenade Kill recharges your melee. Getting a melee kill recharges your grenade.

Column 7

Unchanged

Column 8

Gathering Storm: Stormtrance charges faster when allies are in close proximity. When Stormtrance is active, nearby enemies take damage.

Greased Lightning: Enemies damaged by your grenades chain deadly lightning to other nearby enemies

Wellspring: When cast with full grenade and Thunderstrike energy, Stormtrance restores your health to full and drains slower.

Titan

Grenade

Fusion Grenade

Match Grenade: Grenade explosion sends forward a burning line of fire.

Incendiary Grenade

Lift

Improved Height

Improved Control

Catapult

Hammer of Sol

High Noon: The higher your health, the more Hammers you can throw and the bigger their impact.

Suncharge: Press R1 to hurl yourself forward, crushing enemies that are close.

Conflagration: Ignite the world, creating Sunspots where your Hammer of Sol impacts.

Sunstrike

Melting Point: Burn away your target’s defenses. Target takes more damage from both you and your allies.

Fulminator: Your Sunstrike melee releases a Solar explosion on hit, igniting enemies within the blast. Kills create a sunspot around you.

Stoke the Forge: Natively reduces the cooldown of your Sunstrike melee. Getting a killing blow with Sunstrike instantly recharges it.

Column 5

Unchanged

Column 6

Fleetfire: Enemies brought down by your fire grant you bonus agility and reload speed for a short time. Stacks up to 3 times.

Tempering: Grenade and Melee abilities cool down faster when Hammer of Sol is fully charged

Wreathed in Flames: Hammer of Sol lasts longer and you gain an overshield while standing near a Sunspot.

Column 7

Unchanged

Column 8

Flameseeker: Your Hammer of Sol will alter its flight path to seek out your enemies.

Cauterize: Enemies brought down by your fire regenerate your health

Wildfire: Enemies brought down by your hammer explode, catching other nearby enemies on fire.

Hunter

Grenade

Spike Grenade

Slash Grenade: A Grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning void light.

Vortex Grenade?

Double Jump

Increased Height

Increased Control

Triple Jump

Shadowshot: Tether a large group of foes to a Void Anchor, slowing and silencing them for your fireteam.

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Gloamranger: Unite your allies! Reduces incoming damage and buffs outgoing damage for your tethered Fireteam.

Smoke: Throw smoke to slow and disorient those within its cloud.

Smog: Significantly increase the size of Smoke, allowing you to affect multiple targets.

Envenomed: Adds a toxin that suffocates enemies within smoke.

Snare: allows Smoke to stick to surfaces, detonating when enemies are near.

Column 5

Unchanged

Column 6:

Uncanny Archer: Every target tethered increases your Armor and Recovery stats by 1 until Shadowshot is next recharged. Reduced time until next Shadowshot.

Shadowtrapper: Tethers have increased range, duration and potency.

Well Provisioned: Gain an additional Grenade and significantly increase grenade durations.

Column 7

Unchanged

Column 8:

Keen Scout: Sneak faster, gain Enhanced Motion Tracker and Mark targets you damage. Allies get waypoints to marks.

Rapid Shot: after firing your initial Shadowshot arrow, you may fire up to two explosive arrows in quick succession.

Shadestep: Gain an evade on (Circle, Circle) ((controller input))

LOFL at Rain Check.

ocean

Banned
Taken King dlc £39.99, that's over $62, yet America gets it for $40. Don't like being taken for a ride, utter piss take.
Damn. You could open a U.S. Amazon account, buy the Legendary Edition with Destiny, TDB, HoW and TTK and still save US$2 :p that's insane.

Daemul

Taken King dlc £39.99, that's over $62, yet America gets it for $40. Don't like being taken for a ride, utter piss take.

It's Activisions infamous exchange rate in action, where $40=£40=40 Euros.

This is pretty much why I usually avoid buying Activision games, we Brits get shafted heavily in price. Destiny is the first Activision published game I've bought in years, and I only bought it because I didn't have to spend a dime of my own money on the game and season pass, Gamespots $5 Xbox code giveway last year funded it for me lol, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

I'll see if I get TTK or not, hopefully Gamespot have another giveaway in the next 3 months, I've still got all my facebook accounts I made last year still open lol

Also bored at work.

Thats kind of what i said the other day. But yours is much more refined:)

This actually sounds like a a challenging and enjoyable encounter...

Oh, stop it, you.

Keep going, I love complements. They make me feel pretty.

Thats kind of what i said the other day. But yours is much more refined:)

Ooh, link? I love ready player ideas for stuff like this. We should just refine an idea, and then drop it on 4chan as a leak and watch as the internet pounces on it. :p

Ophelion

I'm very excited to play a Stormcaller Warlock after looking at Bungie's writeup for the sub-class. It seems, on paper at least, to be a very versatile collection of powers.

The only thing I'll miss from maining Sunsinger is self-rez. Too good.

fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg

Deku Tree

So.... we're one OT from being the highest numbered OT in gaf history?

I'm sure some from Halo GAF would argue and try to count every Halo OT for every Halo game ever but IDK if I would agree with them.

well, you see, it's a bit of a race, you see. Halo OT's at almost 100 pages, you see.

Halo has 100 pages since 4/30. Destiny has 63 pages since 6/13. We might get there first.

I'm really, really curious to see how artifacts factor into things.

What is this about artifacts? I've seen a couple people mention it, but no source, no pics, and no actual description about them.

I'm sure some from Halo GAF would argue and try to count every Halo OT for every Halo game ever but IDK if I would agree with them.

Well, when we hit Destiny 2, do we restart at OT 1, or do we keep counting?

Oh, stop it, you.

Keep going, I love complements. They make me feel pretty.

Ooh, link? I love ready player ideas for stuff like this. We should just refine an idea, and then drop it on 4chan as a leak and watch as the internet pounces on it. :p

here is my post from Monday I think

My hopes and dreams for the Taken King DLC, specifically the raid.

The taken: New enemy type,
Zombified guardians. those that lost thier ghost were resurrected by Oryx instead of the traveler

New raid: Oryx is comming, you must intercept him before he reaches earth.

Phase one:

you come out of hyperspace into a space battle and must shoot down enemy ships. goal is to land in the hanger bay of an extremely large Hive Ship
Death star style

Phase two:

Fight in the hanger bay: like most of Destiny the goal here is to open doors to get into the ship proper. Some new machanic to do
im not a VG designer

Phase three:

Take on the taken. You are unable to kill them unless your ghost frees them of thier zombification. you need to have at least 2 ghosts attached to each taken to nullify them in order to damage them. If they are out too long without one of your ghosts attached to them, they were cast some kind of zombify on you and you will be under thier control.
for a brief time.

Phase four:

Take on Oryx, in order to do so, you will need to nullify his Taken guards the same way you did in phase 3, only this time you will send them after Oryx. Once they have done
something
, only then can you damage him.

Very crude I know, but just a rough daft of something I think would be cool. I think fighting on a giant Death star type hive ship and of course having the 1st phase be a space battle to get to the ship would be fucking awesome.

Damn. You could open a U.S. Amazon account, buy the Legendary Edition with Destiny, TDB, HoW and TTK and still save US$2 :p that's insane.

I know, doesn't make sense does it mate. Played Alpha and Beta, had the game since day One but they have lost me now, all the guys I play with feel the same.

Deku Tree

What is this about artifacts? I've seen a couple people mention it, but no source, no pics, and no actual description about them.

Well this is no longer the Destiny 1 OT this is now the Destiny Community OT.

So I think we create a Destiny 2 OT in gaming and keep the community OT going over here with the same OT count.

That's what Halo and every other game does. That's also what we have been doing with the Destiny Expansions so far.

I'm guessinf restart. I think Destiny 2 will be beyond amazing and the thread will move faster than ever.

Restart might also depend on what exactly we carry over in terms of our characters.

Edit, or what Deku said.

Are there any more talks scheduled to give us more info? Or are we pretty much done for a while?

All thats left is tidbits we'll get from people on the floor playing mayhem and rift.

I still haven't really seen the 2 mayhem maps hardly at all.

I know the 2 rift maps were Bannerfall and Frontier.

Haven't seen anything on Sector 618(PS exclusive) and Crossroads.

I think Sector 618 is the one with the Man Cannons and is apparently on Mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom