• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Indeed :smug:
Oh crap. Top of the Page?

I'm not ready. The pre-gaming is too strong.
Zoba read PMs please.
Also,
vMn3g5.gif

Have people figured out how to beat Skolas consistently in only a handful of tries?
I've beaten him twice with different people once with solar and the other with void, but it takes longer than 2 hours with all the wiping each time. Ghorn or legit. Everyone I know that beats Skolas takes them hours. That's why I don't even bother anymore.

phen0m24

Taking Josh to a concert tonight - here's hoping I can stay awake after last night's shenanigans. :)

Should be home late tonight - would still love to hook up with someone if at all possible to try to get that helmet for the Titan. If not no worries whatsoever. Still would be rad though.

Peace out y'all - have a great Saturday evening.

Glenn

PSN ColonelOcorn

Have people figured out how to beat Skolas consistently in only a handful of tries?
I've beaten him twice with different people once with solar and the other with void, but it takes longer than 2 hours with all the wiping each time. Ghorn or legit. Everyone I know that beats Skolas takes them hours. That's why I don't even bother anymore.

Bitsurugi marched in with us, told us to go left.

First we got all of our ammo, used blinding bubbles, 2 Titans one Hunter.
Went left, went to back left, top of the platform.
Threw down bubble behind cover, Bits used Black Hammer to stagger and Venus and I fired rockets. Didn't move. (Because Skolas can't shoot upward to the ledge unless he warps up there)
After 7 rockets, synthed and started second seven.
Bits switched to rockets after staggering Skolas back a bit with BHammer.

Down he went, within 20-30 minutes of us starting that fight.

I was shocked, because when we went in he said this was a great strat if we would stand still up there and hit him hard, that he would stagger and have just enough time to finish it. It worked. Credit to Bitsurugi.

:)

Feels great to use Atheons Epilogue and Corrective measure again. Really awesome.

Edit: I've done both Normal and Hard Crota this week guys, that's why I'm not coming with.

Ken

The only real player variable I can think of in GHorn runs, if you assume the Servitor kill, bubble drop, and placement of players is consistent across kills, is pacing of rockets from players to keep Skolas in constant stagger.

Arrrammis

With all of this ToO and PoE stuff, I'm looking to go back to the good old days.
PS4 Hard VoG fresh
1. Arrrammis
2. Ken (what's your PSN?)
3. Zephon_

A_Gorilla

Banned

I beaten him with the same group this week three times in a row. Gally spam.

The trick is this:

Titan places his shield to the left of the door where enemies come out and fire, steps out to the left or the right, NEVER in front. Skolas is always firing on the bubble and if the Titan steps out in front, he'll be one shoted by the skorch cannon.

You all have to spread out! Titan stays on the center, one guy goes far right, and another (preferably a Hunter) goes up the stairs. This makes it so that you avoid getting in each others way when firing Ghorns and always makes Skolas constantly picking different targets.

When the mines come in, the person and the top of the stairs goes after the first one. This is why a Hunter is crucial, since he can go invisible and avoid the adds.

Following all this I've beaten Skolas 4 times this week with ease.

Too bad its all gonna be useless advice next week...

X-Frame

So... Warlocks are the best melee class in game?

I lost my shot when this happened, I couldn't believe they didn't just shoot me and actually tried to put punch me :<

As a Titan, this makes me sad. Warlocks having a better melee, with better melee perks, and the ability to spec into more Armor than Titans absolutely makes no sense.

Bungie hates Titans.

I really hope the Solar Titan is a PvP monster. We'll know in 2 days.

Ruthless, can you spare the Oracles CP again?

Are you doing more Templar runs for Fatebringer?

Ken

As a Titan, this makes me sad. Warlocks having a better melee, with better melee perks, and the ability to spec into more Armor than Titans absolutely makes no sense.

Bungie hates Titans.

I really hope the Solar Titan is a PvP monster. We'll know in 2 days.

Are you doing more Templar runs for Fatebringer?

Unless they go back and buff Titan's base melee properties Solar Titan melee might still be bad.

ethomaz

Banned
So... Warlocks are the best melee class in game?

I lost my shot when this happened, I couldn't believe they didn't just shoot me and actually tried to put punch me :<
Because the Warlock Melee works so well that you get a frame shield and after that even shutguns can't kill you in one shot.

I win a lot of Melee battles agains 2 hunters or 2 titans in ToO yesterday... it was so fun see them trying to shot me while I have frameshield and melee them.

No brainier... close range go to Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom