• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Just spent over two hours fighting Skolas for the first time EVER and I died right at the end. the game DID NOT respawn me afterwards into the waiting area. I got ZERO rewards for doing it! NOTHING!

I quit this damn game 6 months ago for this type of bullshit and just came back for HoW and this happens again? Im so completely disgusted by this to be continually happening and it doesn't get fixed or we do not get reimbursed. Im sure this topic will likely be either ignored or deleted but this is bullshit!

This was my post at Bungie.net forums. Tis is unacceptable and if someone from Bungie sees this I would like to know what kind of action you will take.

Jinjo

How awesome would a more open raid be, where you're just trying to find your own through this gigantic Hive dreadnought. Luke pls.

Ken

well the armor is great, gauntlets with reload speed for primary AND secondary/heavy depending on your roll, boots with more ammo for a primary AND heavy

Trials helmets roll three perks including Quint Transfer/A2A which is super useful in PvP versus an Inverse Shadow roll on VoG helmets. Crota helmets aren't too shabby either though 1 perk is devoted to the raid.

This was my post at Bungie.net forums. Tis is unacceptable and if someone from Bungie sees this I would like to know what kind of action you will take.

Nothing lol.

Waldini

Just spent over two hours fighting Skolas for the first time EVER and I died right at the end. the game DID NOT respawn me afterwards into the waiting area. I got ZERO rewards for doing it! NOTHING!

I quit this damn game 6 months ago for this type of bullshit and just came back for HoW and this happens again? Im so completely disgusted by this to be continually happening and it doesn't get fixed or we do not get reimbursed. Im sure this topic will likely be either ignored or deleted but this is bullshit!

... wait, didn't your Fireteam members revive you?

How do you guys rocking the Playstation gold headset enjoy it? What other headsets are good? I'm thinking about upgrading from the pack in mic.

Agree with Rawr's post above, they are very nice especially for the $80 I paid. I'm no audiophile so I'm sure there are better options. Sound quality is nice and you can download a Destiny specific audio profile from the Headset Companion App on PSN. Mic seems fine, never get complaints even from notorious mic Nazi Unstable (except for when they very rarely make some crazy buzzing noise, not sure what causes that). I've also used them to record for Todd's podcast and basically everyone else was using them as their mic as well.

Jinjo

For you personally? Nothing. Bungie doesn't intervene in the game world. It's an unfortunate and annoying bug, but not the end of the world. You beat him once, you can do it again no doubt. ;) It will be fixed in the future for sure, but until then blame your teammates for not reviving you and immediately gunning it for the chest. Then it would not have happened. Sucks you "lost" the time, but the game has a history/reputation for giving you nothing after trying for hours on end to beat a boss.

MechDX

... wait, didn't your Fireteam members revive you?

We just chatting after beating him and when they realized they didn't they tried but got warped to the holding area. Why wasn't I warped as well?

This is not their fault. This is clearly Bungie's

I'd be more upset at my fireteam for not reviving me.

Edit: just saw your post.

I do think it's stupid that you don't auto revive after clearing the round, but man...how do you not let them know you're dead.

MechDX

I'd be more upset at my fireteam for not reviving me.

Edit: just saw your post.

I do think it's stupid that you don't auto revive after clearing the round, but man...how do you not let them know you're dead.

First time beating it after over 2 hours of trying? You kind of get distracted.

At level 3 of the fight I got warped while collecting ammo to the holding area and it placed me between the outer door to the arena and the door to the waiting area closed door.....basically stuck in the hallway

swnny

Guys, I got the base game for PS4 last week and I'm already 18lvl. When I hit 20, how limited will I be without the expansions? What would I be able to play with you and what not? What major content, that Destiny-GAF plays often, will I be locked out of?

Any places to get the EU version of expansion pass for cheap, or should I wait for a PSN discount on this?

How awesome would a more open raid be, where you're just trying to find your own through this gigantic Hive dreadnought. Luke pls.

Yeah I posted about this a day or two ago. Imo Cabal wold be perfect for a big, open area raid. Kinda like the Tank mini-boss during Valus but turned up to 11. Areas where you can use your sparrow, etc. Raids need to be large spaces in order to feel epic, it's the biggest problem with CE outside the Crota fight itself. The entire playable space feels super tiny, smaller than many Strikes.

VoG absolutely nailed the feeling of "Descent" (their theme for the raid's design). It feels progressively claustrophobic like you're being buried alive deep underground but it also finds room, literally, to add huge cavernous spaces that also feel epic. There's such a brilliant ebb and flow with the area sizes, like how the tight Gorgon maze exits into a cramped tunnel which then opens onto the enormous jumping puzzle. It felt like anything was possible the first time I got there, and sent hype levels through the roof for whatever was coming next.

Ken

Guys, I got the base game for PS4 last week and I'm already 18lvl. When I hit 20, how limited will I be without the expansions? What would I be able to play with you and what not? What major content, that Destiny-GAF plays often, will I be locked out of?

Any places to get the EU version of expansion pass for cheap, or should I wait for a PSN discount on this?

If you don't buy the expansions you'll just be stuck with the launch content, obviously. Most commonly repeated of those is:

Vault of Glass raid, normal and hard
Nightfall with launch strikes
Weekly heroic with launch strikes
Daily mission with launch missions

Commonly repeated expansion content you'll miss out on are:

Crota's End raid, normal and hard
Prison of Elders horde mode
Trials of Osiris weekend PvP
Expansion exotics from Xur
Nightfall/Weekly heroic on new strikes

Jinjo

You will be locked out of Crota, Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris.

Pass might get a discount soon with the Taken King release coming in september. If you have the patience wait for the Taken King bundle, as it's $60 for base game + The Dark Below + House of Wolves + Taken King. Also, them exclusive exotic class items that all the Destiny vets are getting their panties in a bunch about, because they're not getting them.

Agree with Rawr's post above, they are very nice especially for the $80 I paid. I'm no audiophile so I'm sure there are better options. Sound quality is nice and you can download a Destiny specific audio profile from the Headset Companion App on PSN. Mic seems fine, never get complaints even from notorious mic Nazi Unstable (except for when they very rarely make some crazy buzzing noise, not sure what causes that). I've also used them to record for Todd's podcast and basically everyone else was using them as their mic as well.

That sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't want to break the bank and I'm not super picky about audio gear. I just want something better than the pack in for both audio and mic quality. Thanks for the input!

GhaleonEB

If you don't buy the expansions you'll just be stuck with the launch content, obviously. Most commonly repeated of those is:

Vault of Glass raid, normal and hard
Nightfall with launch strikes
Weekly heroic with launch strikes
Daily mission with launch missions

Commonly repeated expansion content you'll miss out on are:

Crota's End raid, normal and hard
Prison of Elders horde mode
Trials of Osiris weekend PvP
Expansion exotics from Xur
Nightfall/Weekly heroic on new strikes

Also, daily heroic missions from the expansions.

First time beating it after over 2 hours of trying? You kind of get distracted.

At level 3 of the fight I got warped while collecting ammo to the holding area and it placed me between the outer door to the arena and the door to the waiting area closed door.....basically stuck in the hallway

I've been told that you still get the armor and weapon cores plus the ethreric light if this happens. You just can't open the big treasure key chest. I've never experienced it myself so no idea if it's true, but if you did get those drops they're better than anything out of the chest. The Queens weapons are nothing special, and you'll get the ship/shader/emblem next time you beat him. I'd be happy to help you beat him next time if I'm around and you're looking for a team.

MechDX

I've been told that you still get the armor and weapon cores plus the ethreric light if this happens. You just can't open the big treasure key chest. I've never experienced it myself so no idea if it's true, but if you did get those drops they're better than anything out of the chest. The Queens weapons are nothing special, and you'll get the ship/shader/emblem next time you beat him. I'd be happy to help you beat him next time if I'm around and you're looking for a team.

I got nothing. No weapon/armor cores, etheric light...nothing.

Wait I did get Elder Cypher. Wooppee!

I got nothing. No weapon/armor cores, etheric light...nothing.

Wait I did get Elder Cypher. Wooppee!

Damn, sorry to hear that. The only possible consolation is that hopefully you had fun overcoming the challenge with your friends. He should also be easier to kill next time, unless Bungie adds some silly modifier. I always encourage people not to be too focused on the loot, but I understand why people focus on it since it's such a big part of the game.

MechDX

Damn, sorry to hear that. The only possible consolation is that hopefully you had fun overcoming the challenge with your friends. He should also be easier to kill next time, unless Bungie adds some silly modifier. I always encourage people not to be too focused on the loot, but I understand why people focus on it since it's such a big part of the game.

My other character needs one Etheric Light to hit 34

Salt in the wound. I quit the game about 5 months or so ago for the cheapness and bugs. Friends convinced me to come back for HoW and I have been somewhat happy with the improvements until tonight. Only consolation I have is BING rewards paid for the expansions and it wasn't straight out of my wallet.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm flabbergasted that they released Skolas with Solar burn when they had already designed such a great teamwork based encounter. It was obvious from day 1 that the burns ruined it, I'm really curious why that was approved for HoW launch. The fight made no sense when it was 40 seconds of rocket/sniper spam followed by 2 minutes of standing around an empty arena waiting for mines.

But at least the core design was solid so it could be saved with proper modifier/HP adjustment. I really like how every class can play a great role and contribute. Scrota was always hopeless because it wasn't designed around teamwork, the glitches were just lighter fuel for the dumpster fire.

Atheon > Templar >>>> Skolas >>>>>>>>>> rain on your wedding day > a free ride when you've already paid > good advice that you just didn't take >>> finding a worm in your apple >>> finding half a worm in your apple >>> paying your taxes >>>>> going to jail for not paying your taxes > stubbing your toe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crota
Trying to defuse mines while juggling the green thingy between teammates is so intense. I really like this fight now.

That sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't want to break the bank and I'm not super picky about audio gear. I just want something better than the pack in for both audio and mic quality. Thanks for the input!
I would also get a vita headset. It's like 10 bucks and works just fine for when I need to charge my Sony golds. Though I believe you can still use the golds when the battery is dead, it just becomes awkward.

Jinjo

I have a $200 5.1 Triton headset, but I can never get the voice-chat sound right. The mix is sorta messed up on that thing for PS4. Voice chat sound always seems really low/can't make out voice through the game's music/noise. It's this way for multiple games. It sucks. :( It works perfectly for instance Witcher 3 or something, but chat sounds in all games gets drowned out. I bought it for PS3/360 and it always worked perfect on that and they're pawning off the exact same one for PS4/One now. So I don't understand why I'm having these sound mix issues.

So I recently started playing again i am level 28 but i really have no clue how the leveling system works in this other than trying to level up by getting light. Nor do I know what I should be doing to get to level 34

So I recently started playing again i am level 28 but i really have no clue how the leveling system works in this other than trying to level up by getting light. Nor do I know what I should be doing to get to level 34

Buy Vanguard or crucible armor to hit 32, then run the
level 32 Prison of Elders to get an armor core that will let you buy a max light armor piece. Or play Trials of Osiris and get 5 wins for a max armor piece. Get more wins and get etheric light.

EDIT: that's assuming you have the expansion if not then you will have to hope to get etheric light from the nightfall and use it to upgrade your gear.

Shito

I can vouch for the Gold headset as well: finally decided to buy one some 2 months ago or so, because the default mic was starting to make my ear sore, and it has been perfect for my use. The mute button and the buttons to change the volume of the voices against the game's sounds are really nice touches.
Would buy again, and I'm actually considering buying one for my girlfriend... ^^

Shito

Sorry, but why would you think that a weapon called DREG's promise would NOT suck so much?

Working as intended imo ^_^
Well, bought the element-less Six Dreg Pride yesterday, took it out for a try doing the queen's missions with it on my warlock, and I quite liked it... ^^
Got The Fulcrum out of a purple engram soon after, though, which seems better stats-wise while being rerollable, so...

I keep preparing myself for Vault of Glass, although I hope it's worth the effort. Yesterday I spent my daily two hours of gaming time farming Vanguard Marks with events, and today I should be able to buy my first piece of the legendary Vanguard armor for warlocks. A few more weeks with the 100 marks cap to have the whole set, sadly. The game is becoming depressing for me, and I am not a big fan of grinding.

I still haven't tried the Strike playlist, although with my current level (23) I could only access the Eagle. Are there chances of finding decent gear there?

Still no intention of buying the expansions, and I will be moving to another thing once I reach the weekly cap.

Jinjo

Go for it! Strength is not a bad stat to have on Warlocks, your melee has long range and buffs you when you use it.

I've discovered the fun of using Monte Carlo + Claws of Ahamkara on my Sunsinger Warlock yesterday. Pretty fun build!

Ken

I keep preparing myself for Vault of Glass, although I hope it's worth the effort. Yesterday I spent my daily two hours of gaming time farming Vanguard Marks with events, and today I should be able to buy my first piece of the legendary Vanguard armor for warlocks. A few more weeks with the 100 marks cap to have the whole set, sadly. The game is becoming depressing for me, and I am not a big fan of grinding.

I still haven't tried the Strike playlist, although with my current level (23) I could only access the Eagle. Are there chances of finding decent gear there?

You can get engrams from Strike playlist that can possibly turn into legendary gear.

My advice is to, before spending your marks on anything, wait for Xur to show up and see if he has an exotic helmet for your class. If he does, try to get enough Strange Coins to get it since that'll save you the 120 marks you'd have to spend on an overpriced legendary helmet.

I'd also maybe try grinding rep through Strike playlists just for engram chance versus rep grinding with events and field missions. You can speed run through most Strikes in sub-10 minutes and preserve your sanity by playing with other humans.

Since the 100 cap is for both vanguard and crucible you can technically get 200 marks this week although I wouldn't recommend this path since you hate grinding.

Bradach

Has bungie explained why there is no checkpoint save system in place for PoE like there is for VoG ot CE?

I can't understand why not, a lvl 35 PoE can go on for hours. CE normal takes about 40 minutes and has 4 checkpoints! I find it off putting even starting a lvl35 because I know I won't have the hours it will take to complete, whereas if there was a checkpoint at each round and I didn't finish it one night at least I could start where I left off the next night.

Shito

Has bungie explained why there is no checkpoint save system in place for PoE like there is for VoG ot CE?

I can't understand why not, a lvl 35 PoE can go on for hours. CE normal takes about 40 minutes and has 4 checkpoints! I find it off putting even starting a lvl35 because I know I won't have the hours it will take to complete, whereas if there was a checkpoint at each round and I didn't finish it one night at least I could start where I left off the next night.
They did not, but the most obvious reason is that they didn't want to see us exchange "Skolas checkpoints" at reset...

M3Rocket

Just killed Skolas with just one intentional wipe in Round 6. We were doing the heavy ammo trick and a stupid skank came into the bubble as someone was sniping and boom, everyone got their ammo replenished. Funny thing is we wiped more on that Arc burn Cabal because the stupid Psions would kill us in our bubbles while we dismantled mines with their OP arc wave from miles away.

Anyway, with 35 down, I've got 525 points. I'm looking to do PoE 34 and kill the Round 5 boss twice so that I can complete the Cipher. Anyone up for it?

PoE 34
1. M3Rocket (need two kills on Round 5 boss)
2. RexNovis

RexNovis

Banned
Just killed Skolas with just one intentional wipe in Round 6. We were doing the heavy ammo trick and a stupid skank came into the bubble as someone was sniping and boom, everyone got their ammo replenished. Funny thing is we wiped more on that Arc burn Cabal because the stupid Psions would kill us in our bubbles while we dismantled mines with their OP arc wave from miles away.

Anyway, with 35 down, I've got 525 points. I'm looking to do PoE 34 and kill the Round 5 boss twice so that I can complete the Cipher. Anyone up for it?

PoE 34

I'll go. Sending friend request on PSN

Ken

PoE 34

I mean if you had shank burn weapons...

Because no checkpoints makes sense in a horde mode but oops, somehow this raid fight got mixed in so good luck!

You can get engrams from Strike playlist that can possibly turn into legendary gear.

My advice is to, before spending your marks on anything, wait for Xur to show up and see if he has an exotic helmet for your class. If he does, try to get enough Strange Coins to get it since that'll save you the 120 marks you'd have to spend on an overpriced legendary helmet.

I'd also maybe try grinding rep through Strike playlists just for engram chance versus rep grinding with events and field missions. You can speed run through most Strikes in sub-10 minutes and preserve your sanity by playing with other humans.

Since the 100 cap is for both vanguard and crucible you can technically get 200 marks this week although I wouldn't recommend this path since you hate grinding.

Oh, Xur. I though it was out of my possibilities. I must have like four strange coins from decoded engrams, although I am reading now that they can be obtained from daily missions or weekly heroic strikes... I had to search the net to find where in the map they are accessed from.

Yesterday I reach Vanguard Reputation Level 2, mostly with bounties done between events. No plans about doing Crucible at all, so that's why I just want to see the Vault of Glass and be over forever with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom