• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been using matchmaking this week for the weekly strike on my characters. I usually have a fireteam.

I now completely understand why the Nightfall and raids don't have matchmaking. Seriously, people are fucking terrible at this game. There are defender titans who never use their bubble. There are hunters who never once activate their supers to generate orbs. And there are people who don't understand that they can't jump everywhere when Grounded is active.

Sh0k

I would gladly pay $60 for a Legendary Collection which included everything in the CE minus the base game and the two DLCs. Do it Bungie.

In a perfect world, Bungie should scan the PS4, confirm that you purchased the previous two DLCs and give you the extra content from the CE for FREE! Doesn't make sense for somebody that likes to collect everything in the game, that you have to re-purchase everything again just to get the extras.

By the time the new DLC is released in September, most of Us been playing the game for a year non-stop. At least Bungie should recognize that.

I've been using matchmaking this week for the weekly strike on my characters. I usually have a fireteam.

I now completely understand why the Nightfall and raids don't have matchmaking. Seriously, people are fucking terrible at this game. There are defender titans who never use their bubble. There are hunters who never once activate their supers to generate orbs. And there are people who don't understand that they can't jump everywhere when Grounded is active.

I did the weekly with a random this week and they got 4 kills. Spent most of the strike at spawn doing nothing, then ran to the end and promptly died in a really awkward place.

ocean

Banned
So The Supremacy sniper rifle is forever out of our reach now? :/
:( correct.

Her Benevolence may be worse all around in most aspects but it's a very small difference. The fact that it's re rollable more that makes up for marginally inferior stats in my opinion.

I mean a well rolled Benevolence will beat the vast majority of Supremacy random rolls unless you got extraordinarily lucky during the brief Queen's Wrath.

Cruxist

So we haven't had any official word on the "exclusive" emotes, right?

What if what's actually changing are the default emotes. Like, every new guardian after TTK launches has new emotes, and the ones we've been enjoying are the special ones? And then we would "unlock" the new ones automatically? Is that too optimistic?

I just can't believe they'd gate something that they know is super popular to the hardcore.

Yeah you get some damn fools sometimes.

It's still nice that it's an option. I've had way more success than not.

Grinchy

Banned
I did the weekly with a random this week and they got 4 kills. Spent most of the strike at spawn doing nothing, then ran to the end and promptly died in a really awkward place.

I just decided to try a level 30 one on my hunter since I just wanted to at least get 6 more coins before tomorrow. Everyone died at the first section in Venus. I had 41 kills. The next guy had 14. The last guy had 2.

I don't understand how people even get to end gameish level without having a single clue how to play.

Ken

I just ran through the 32 version 3 times using matchmaking. Had to two man the boss in two of the runs (dudes quitting at the Servitor section) but didn't really have problems otherwise. One Titan even WoL bubbled!

Randoms can be such scrubs. Some people have no idea how easy the Heroic Strike is.

Me and another dude jumped down to the boss room and the third immediately left to orbit. The 2 of us took it down in a couple minutes. Some people are unbelievable. They have no idea how they are just wasting their time insisting on cheesing.

PuMa

Yeah, was hoping it could drop from ranking up the queen's gal or something,

It's my baby.

Dn8anoY.png

PuMa

I usually just purposely run over those types of people with my sparrow.

Nuszka

This is what some of us were saying last night, there is no rush to go out and buy the digital editions yet, I would hope Bungie would try and do something for those of us that have been here from day 0.

Like many others, my biggest gripe if the extra goodies that the CE versions get. I want the extra shaders, sparrow, class items....etc but don't want to dish out the extra $40 just for that....

Lets just wait and see, we have about 3 months before the release, anything could happen/change between now and then :)

Only reason i have preordered is the deal sony is doing right now. Spend $100 and receive $15 voucher , so TTK and SF5 preorders are even cheaper, especially for someone who lives in UK/Ireland as prices here are ridiculous.

Anyone wanna play some crucible?

We don't know. Bungie hid stuff in Halo games that took years to find and until this day it isn't clear whether or not the community found everything in those games.

I was about to do some crucible. Anything but control that will improve my grimoire score

Owensboro

Hello everyone!

I've had Destiny for about two months (give or take a week) and have finally decided it's time to try out the Vault of Glass for the first time. I've got a window of time to play of about 4 hours today, so I was planning on starting a run around 5pm Eastern Time (flexible start from 4:30pm ET to 6:30pm ET, let me know what time you need!). I've watched/read about the strategies for each boss (coming from an MMO background) but absolutely expect to wipe once or twice (learning fights is half the fun!) and plan on just having a good time. Is anyone else interested? I'll check this thread throughout the day to gauge interest. (If this is even remotely successful I might set up a weekly Thursday VoG raid) (or rotate between this and Crota, which I've also never done!).

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET.
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan]

Also, I just wanted to say something to Destiny GAF: I've been doing PoE's and Nightfalls with you guys exclusively for the last three weeks (broke down and bought the expansions in order to do so) and have been absolutely blown away by how completely nice and not uptight each and everyone of you have been. Each person I've grouped with has been fun over voice chat, hasn't been overly angry about deaths, and has just been actually having fun while playing. Thanks for not overreacting to stupid deaths and laughing with me when my first two Exotics were a No Land Beyond and Universal Remote!

P.S. I'm not buttering people up to get you to come to Vault of Glass. I just wanted to say how great and non-toxic this community has been. Thanks for making this game more fun. <3.

noomi

Random question.

Have all the chests been found in VoG yet?

I'm afraid we will never know the answer to this question :(

Only reason i have preordered is the deal sony is doing right now. Spend $100 and receive $15 voucher , so TTK and SF5 preorders are even cheaper, especially for someone who lives in UK/Ireland as prices here are ridiculous.

Yeah, and that's ok, you're saving money, so why not? For me though, I can wait... curious to hear what they say about those CE extras for day 0 players... or maybe they won't.

Anyways, sorry about Skolas last night, I just really wasnt in the mood for Destiny. I'm trying to finish up GTA:V before batman next week so I can jump right into it.

If you're down, maybe tonight?

This is what some of us were saying last night, there is no rush to go out and buy the digital editions yet, I would hope Bungie would try and do something for those of us that have been here from day 0.

Like many others, my biggest gripe if the extra goodies that the CE versions get. I want the extra shaders, sparrow, class items....etc but don't want to dish out the extra $40 just for that....

Lets just wait and see, we have about 3 months before the release, anything could happen/change between now and then :)

I agree, no reason to rush out. I am really curious what their retention rate will be with this more expensive expansion. The game sold gangbusters but there are a lot of folks who have left for good. The active comminity is sizable, but that is a fracion of total sales and represents near the potential ceiling for what TTK will sale.

I imagine from the marketing side, they figure a few cosmetic items for new CE buyers isn't a big deal because they are preparing a package for veteran players already Light Level 30 or having already purchased Season Pass 1. They don't understand completionists and loyalty.

There is already confusion over it as some folks on gaming side seem to think TTK is already included when they bought the CE edition. I also expect many to be shocked and outraged over the announcement of Season Pass II for $35 or as two separate $20 DLCs which probably won't be officially announced until late September.

I just want Bungie to say "Sorry for the confusion Guardians, if you already have the digital guardian edition, you will automatically get the emotes et al and VIP rewards when you buy TKK expansion. Also, here's 20% off for being day one players and loyal Destiny fans"

a man can dream, no?

Ikkarus

yeah second i saw taken king i was burnt out woth HoW lol
I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out with HoW.

The fact it hardly feels worth it killing Skolas has quite a large chunk to do with it. Add to that the time sink you need to put in to that run and the really low drop rate of the primary weapons (not to mention their worthless perks) has me a bit jaded.

Still I'm having fun with Trials and the HoW crucible maps are good fun too.

Namikaze1

Decided to give Jumper another chance cause Fig wouldn't raid with me unless I went Jumper.

Fucked up a few times yesterday in VoG. And this morning in the tower though my excuse for that is that I just woke up and forgot it was on jumper. I'm still trying to get fucking used to this.

I imagine people are starting to or have hit the HoW burnout already.

It's also super early/late for people ATM.

yeah second i saw taken king i was burnt out woth HoW lol

The fact it hardly feels worth it killing Skolas has quite a large chunk to do with it. Add to that the time sink you need to put in to that run and the really low drop rate of the primary weapons (not to mention their worthless perks) has me a bit jaded.

Been burnt out since...2-3 weeks ago haha.

Just sucks cause frankly I put in over 900+ hours into this game since release date..of course when I am "done" with the game, all my RL friends suddenly decided to start playing again ( &#8807;&#1044;&#8806;)
Good thing I still enjoy playing with DGAF and my RL friends..its the only true motivation for me to play the game as of now

PuMa

Tacsys. Destroyed skolas on arc burn with it. It's also great in crucible.

It's AMAZING in crucible. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why it felt so much better than other sniper rifles. Then I learned more about AA and all that stuff...

Zoidberg

I just want Bungie to say "Sorry for the confusion Guardians, if you already have the digital guardian edition, you will automatically get the emotes et al and VIP rewards when you buy TKK expansion. Also, here's 20% off for being day one players and loyal Destiny fans"

a man can dream, no?

and then activision parachutes down, smacks your copy of TTK out of your hands and spits in your face

I imagine people are starting to or have hit the HoW burnout already.

It's also super early/late for people ATM.

I'm having a bit of both. Don't feel like running PoEs every week. I just occasionally jump in when someone messages me, but the loot is underwhelming, so most of my Destiny time will be in ToO. On the other hand, it is afternoon in the EU had to give a presentation at uni, so not allowed to post :p

The whole run takes too long from start to finish. Hard Mode raids are done in 30 mins to an hour. Skolas should be in the same ball park yet it typicslly tskes much longer.

I think PoE is generally not worth the time investment. Bow that I have the fear I want, I have very little incentive to play. The weapons don't seem worth it either.

Fuck it. I'm buying the physical CE. I might just give away the codes for the expansions (and vanilla if it's a code).

Decided to give Jumper another chance cause Fig wouldn't raid with me unless I went Jumper.

Fucked up a few times yesterday in VoG. And this morning in the tower though my excuse for that is that I just woke up and forgot it was on jumper. I'm still trying to get fucking used to this.

lol I wasn't gonna raid with you if you used Necrochasm
You sharded it?? *gasp*

I had no space. :(

Can't even remember what perks it had anyway.

Namikaze1

Fuck it. I'm buying the physical CE. I might just give away the codes for the expansions (and vanilla if it's a code).

lol I wasn't gonna raid with you if you used Necrochasm

I had no space. :(

Can't even remember what perks it had anyway.
Wait for Bungie Day.

Seriously, everyone should wait for Bungie Day before preordering.

Anyway, that Necrochasm post was a joke! That green shit I drank messed me up bad. The dreams I had. So fucking trippy.

Fake edit: what the fuck! Never realized the acd/0 gauntlets moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom