• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tusk

Does anyone still play on PS3? Been wanting people to do PoE with.
Not gonna be getting this on PS4 until September

TheRook

I've been MIA since the start of HoW, So im unfamiliar with the meta game now, I'm trying to get back into it after seeing The Taken King stuff at E3.

Is there anything I should be aware of when coming back to Destiny once I get the expansion?

GhaleonEB

I've been MIA since the start of HoW, So im unfamiliar with the meta game now, I'm trying to get back into it after seeing The Taken King stuff at E3.

Is there anything I should be aware of when coming back to Destiny once I get the expansion?

Hawkian's leveling guide
for HoW might be useful, if you are diving in with that. If you are doing so with The Taken King, then just wait until we know what's changing when it came. The expansions and myriad updates have changed the progression systems pretty dramatically, and for the better.

Frenden

Banned
I'm drunk as shit, but I wanted to post real quick to say y'all are the best gaming community I've been a part of.

It's a pleasure to know y'all.

TheRook

Hawkian's leveling guide
for HoW might be useful, if you are diving in with that. If you are doing so with The Taken King, then just wait until we know what's changing when it came. The expansions and myriad updates have changed the progression systems pretty dramatically, and for the better.

Thanks, I'm getting the expansion soon so I want to know what I should be doing once I get it downloaded.

I know I gotta level up my G-Horn to the new max and I want to try out that cool new sidearm pistol too.

I'm really interested in the Osiris Gear cuz of the cool factor but I hear they don't have good abilities like Raid Gear.

Anyways Looks like I have stuff to look forward to~

Hey guys. Been loving Destiny for about 2 months since I picked it up on XB1.

I just hit 34 and have been running around in PVPing mostly with a 365 TLW and murdering folks with it.

However, I find TLW not exactly that great when doing PvE :) Right now, I am using some random legendary primary and been leveling my new Thunderlord up (no g-horn) to use in PvE.

What are some things I should be looking to get for a sufficient legendary PvE primary? I read some people recommending the Vision of Confluence and/or Fatebringer. Do I need to do raids to find good legendary PvE primaries- anything from Crucible or Vanguard quartermaster worth buying?

I don't mind raids.. but.. the caveat is that I am also newer and have only done Crota and VoG on normal once each. Is that pretty much what I need to find groups for and just suck it up and say "yo, I'm new... but I did kill the oracles in the Atheon one time!"

rNilla

That was a pretty good segment with Luke and Mark. No bombs dropped but useful insight. And he was kind of sick! Dude is a champ.

GhaleonEB

Yup.

Apparently they're heavily working on the endgame of TKK, making you want to log in weekly. Which I mean, NF/Arena is supposed to do, but it's not really exciting in comparison.

What piqued my interest the most was, Luke made what is now the second reference I've heard to new types of activities that take place in the ship. Deej phrased it on one of the streams along the lines of, you and your friends will board the Dreadnaught and initiate new activities there. It was odd wording, but Deej is very disciplined with his phrasing (sometimes to a fault). It's made me very curious what they have in store. Luke mentioning that they're completely reworking the endgame is pretty exciting.

What piqued my interest the most was, Luke made what is now the second reference I've heard to new types of activities that take place in the ship. Deej phrased it on one of the streams along the lines of, you and your friends will board the Dreadnaught and initiate new activities there. It was odd wording, but Deej is very disciplined with his phrasing (sometimes to a fault). It's made me very curious what they have in store. Luke mentioning that they're completely reworking the endgame is pretty exciting.

Hrm. If Deej really did say that...an offhand comment Luke made in regards to loot, is he mentioned is they'll have more 'Characters' drop certain loot(In regards to getting loot is boring by purchasing it)...he said characters, but I imagine he means like named enemies?

I mean...if the Dreadnought has a sort of weekly boss function, where that boss can drop certain gear, it'd be interesting. It'd make me want to come back each week if the loot is on a weekly lockout.

Ken

Hrm. If Deej really did say that...an offhand comment Luke made in regards to loot, is he mentioned is they'll have more 'Characters' drop certain loot(In regards to getting loot is boring by purchasing it)...he said characters, but I imagine he means like named enemies?

I mean...if the Dreadnought has a sort of weekly boss function, where that boss can drop certain gear, it'd be interesting. It'd make me want to come back each week if the loot is on a weekly lockout.

Notorious Monster camping go.

How do you guys rocking the Playstation gold headset enjoy it? What other headsets are good? I'm thinking about upgrading from the pack in mic.
I like it because you can actually adjust the party chat-to-in game sounds to different volumes. But countless people have stated they are cheaply built and can break easily. I have had mine since late November and mine are still golden.

Hey guys. Been loving Destiny for about 2 months since I picked it up on XB1.

I just hit 34 and have been running around in PVPing mostly with a 365 TLW and murdering folks with it.

However, I find TLW not exactly that great when doing PvE :) Right now, I am using some random legendary primary and been leveling my new Thunderlord up (no g-horn) to use in PvE.

What are some things I should be looking to get for a sufficient legendary PvE primary? I read some people recommending the Vision of Confluence and/or Fatebringer. Do I need to do raids to find good legendary PvE primaries- anything from Crucible or Vanguard quartermaster worth buying?

I don't mind raids.. but.. the caveat is that I am also newer and have only done Crota and VoG on normal once each. Is that pretty much what I need to find groups for and just suck it up and say "yo, I'm new... but I did kill the oracles in the Atheon one time!"
Welcome :) check the OP there is a list of xbone players. Yeah IMO the best PvE weapons come from the Vault of Glass. From what I heard, the Vanguard and crucible weapons are meh. The crucible weapons that only drop from matches are better.

Just now catching up on some of the additional Taken King stuff at E3.

-Rift looks great, I love objective based multiplayer and this is right up my alley.
-Mayhem Clash? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Sounds like a clusterfuck. How about a mode where there are no supers?

I know the old "leak" slidshow of future content isn't entirely accurate, but it still hits a lot of the highlights of what we have seen and it did mention that Comet or TTK would have 1 new patrol and it was code named "Hive Ship". Probably the Dreadnought, and it is likely quite large. Big enough for a few story missions, strikes and possibly some other end game activity.

daedalius

Lukems on GB was pretty good, looking forward to them revealing more about the taken king.

I was hoping Jeff would be more impressed with giant flaming Titan hammers, but it sounded like he thought it was pretty cool.

I agree I would prefer the opposite of mayhem, with less secondary spawns and no starting ammo.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
New Skolas is an amazing fight. Lots of teamwork required. Cleared it with Zocano and Milkham.

Atheon > Skolas > Crota.

GhaleonEB

Just now catching up on some of the additional Taken King stuff at E3.

-Rift looks great, I love objective based multiplayer and this is right up my alley.
-Mayhem Clash? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Sounds like a clusterfuck. How about a mode where there are no supers?
It reminds me a bit, in concept, of BTB Heavies in Halo 3. It absolutely was not my cup of tea, but a lot of people loved it. Mayhem and Trials are going to be opposite ends of the slayer spectrum, and probably cater to different audiences.

I know the old "leak" slidshow of future content isn't entirely accurate, but it still hits a lot of the highlights of what we have seen and it did mention that Comet or TTK would have 1 new patrol and it was code named "Hive Ship". Probably the Dreadnought, and it is likely quite large. Big enough for a few story missions, strikes and possibly some other end game activity.
Luke confirmed in the live stream that multiple strikes, and the raid is also set there.

exYle

From the Cabal strike boss that was shown briefly, it looks like they're finally integrating mechanics into the fights for the strikes. Definitely a good step.

In this video you can see a new strike back into the Nexus in the background and there are some CRAZY new mechanics - transporting some sort of Vex key around, a rotating room with walls of light. Definitely unique.

https://youtu.be/LBlMCAHfTNU

milkham

Thanks, I'm getting the expansion soon so I want to know what I should be doing once I get it downloaded.

I know I gotta level up my G-Horn to the new max and I want to try out that cool new sidearm pistol too.

I'm really interested in the Osiris Gear cuz of the cool factor but I hear they don't have good abilities like Raid Gear.

Anyways Looks like I have stuff to look forward to~

well the armor is great, gauntlets with reload speed for primary AND secondary/heavy depending on your roll, boots with more ammo for a primary AND heavy

New Skolas is an amazing fight. Lots of teamwork required. Cleared it with Zocano and Milkham.

Atheon > Skolas > Crota.

I'm flabbergasted that they released Skolas with Solar burn when they had already designed such a great teamwork based encounter. It was obvious from day 1 that the burns ruined it, I'm really curious why that was approved for HoW launch. The fight made no sense when it was 40 seconds of rocket/sniper spam followed by 2 minutes of standing around an empty arena waiting for mines.

But at least the core design was solid so it could be saved with proper modifier/HP adjustment. I really like how every class can play a great role and contribute. Scrota was always hopeless because it wasn't designed around teamwork, the glitches were just lighter fuel for the dumpster fire.

Atheon > Templar >>>> Skolas >>>>>>>>>> rain on your wedding day > a free ride when you've already paid > good advice that you just didn't take >>> finding a worm in your apple >>> finding half a worm in your apple >>> paying your taxes >>>>> going to jail for not paying your taxes > stubbing your toe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom