• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a bit of both. Don't feel like running PoEs every week. I just occasionally jump in when someone messages me, but the loot is underwhelming, so most of my Destiny time will be in ToO. On the other hand, it is afternoon in the EU had to give a presentation at uni, so not allowed to post :p
dc92GSx.gif
interested in what my EU counter part are doing.
edit: shitty gif version :|

Lnkn52

Are you liking the Geo? I had one drop for me the other day, but it had shit rolls so I sharded it. I don't have enough weapon parts or space to play with it.

It's all a ruse these forging mechanics. They want us to get rid of all our spare parts to eventually need them again once the new expansion hits.

Are you liking the Geo? I had one drop for me the other day, but it had shit rolls so I sharded it. I don't have enough weapon parts or space to play with it.

Lower impact but higher RoF. It's similar to Praedyth's Revenge, if you like getting body shots that is. If you have a Benevolence with same perks, use it over the Geo.

Django-leonardo-dicaprio-now-you-have-my-attention.gif
interested in what my EU counter part are doing.

We had to come up with animal experiments (I'm attending a course about the use of animals in the lab). We presented our idea to use an partial spinal cord injury model in rats, where we are going to implant certain regenerative cells from the olfactory bulb. This should help with stimulating axon regrowth and myelinisation.

Nuszka

I'm afraid we will never know the answer to this question :(

Yeah, and that's ok, you're saving money, so why not? For me though, I can wait... curious to hear what they say about those CE extras for day 0 players... or maybe they won't.

Anyways, sorry about Skolas last night, I just really wasnt in the mood for Destiny. I'm trying to finish up GTA:V before batman next week so I can jump right into it.

If you're down, maybe tonight?

Cool will pm you , felt similar as well , day without destiny did me good.

We had to come up with animal experiments (I'm attending a course about the use of animals in the lab). We presented our idea to use an partial spinal cord injury model in rats, where we are going to implant certain regenerative cells from the olfactory bulb. This should help with stimulating axon regrowth and myelinisation.

English pls.

Wait for Bungie Day.

Seriously, everyone should wait for Bungie Day before preordering.

Anyway, that Necrochasm post was a joke! That green shit I drank messed me up bad. The dreams I had. So fucking trippy.

Fake edit: what the fuck! Never realized the acd/0 gauntlets moved.

What's Bungie Day?

What's Bungie Day?

7/7 is bungie day. Apparently they like the number se7en for some reason, they made a holiday out of it.

This is from last year's 7/7:

Bungie Day 2014
This time around, Bungie treated the community to information on Destiny for the entire month of July, courtesy of IGN First's Destiny coverage. Beginning on July 7th, they announced the limited editions of the game, released the Beta, and talked about many other features and aspects of their upcoming title.

Kyne

Wait for Bungie Day.

Seriously, everyone should wait for Bungie Day before preordering.

Anyway, that Necrochasm post was a joke! That green shit I drank messed me up bad. The dreams I had. So fucking trippy.

Fake edit: what the fuck! Never realized the acd/0 gauntlets moved.

Yeah, I was doing this (waiting)

Then I learned it's apparently already sold out.

Ken

7/7

They usually do something fun for whatever game they're currently supporting, like giving everyone blue flames and recon helmet in...Reach.

Namikaze1

What's Bungie Day?
It's a tradition they been doing since 2007. Bungie Day has always been July 7. They tend to do things with the community and reveal more info. Last year, they revealed what the season pass gets you, the CE stuff, and a bunch of other things. I expect the same thing to happen for Taken King this year plus them playing with the community and handing out stuff.

Lnkn52

It's a tradition they been doing since 2007. Bungie Day has always been July 7. They tend to do things with the community and reveal more info. Last year, they revealed what the season pass gets you, the CE stuff, and a bunch of other things. I expect the same thing to happen for Taken King this year plus them playing with the community and handing out stuff.

Damn, that aligns on a reset day. It's going to be GUD.

I usually quit and start over if the randos are scrubbing too hard.

I had a strike recently where it was the sepiks prime one on a new character. I was doing it for a bounty. They were doing the chest run in the rocketyard.....

So I promptly died on purpose three times in the darkness zone. They got the picture after 3 wipes and just left. I finished the strike alone.

English pls.

We simulate a situation where rats broke their back (by carrying scrubs). Certain cells in a particular brain part (the part that is used for smelling stuff) are able to regenerate. What we basically want to do is glue the damaged nerve ends back together. Is that more english?

7/7

They usually do something fun for whatever game they're currently supporting, like giving everyone blue flames and recon helmet in...Reach.

One time they surprised everyone with a free map for Halo 3. A remake of a Halo CE map Chill Out called Cold Storage.

hmm interesting, well good luck on your presentation :) feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it, of course I am interested in how your data went and the end result.

We simulate a situation where rats broke their back (by carrying scrubs). Certain cells in a particular brain part (the part that is used for smelling stuff) are able to regenerate. What we basically want to do is glue the damaged nerve ends back together. Is that more english?

I was kidding. I can google you know :p

I usually quit and start over if the randos are scrubbing too hard.

Eh, the Nexus is easily soloable and I had someone else in my fireteam anyway.

I once did a weekly with the two rando's in a fireteam; one of them was afk at spawn and the other was completely useless and wasn't killing anything. Got near the end and decided to just sit down and wait to see what he would do. After a minute or two he left, but his friend was still at the spawn. Waited probably another 5-10 minutes and he eventually left as well. Finished the strike by myself. Reported them as well, of course. That was a nice fuck you.

Eh, the Nexus is easily soloable and I had someone else in my fireteam anyway.

I once did a weekly with the two rando's in a fireteam; one of them was afk at spawn and the other was completely useless and wasn't killing anything. Got near the end and decided to just sit down and wait to see what he would do. After a minute or two he left, but his friend was still at the spawn. Waited probably another 5-10 minutes and he eventually left as well. Finished the strike by myself. Reported them as well, of course. That was a nice fuck you.

I just finish the strike and let them get the loot. It might be someone's 2 year old playing with their controller while the person is on the phone or something. I try to think that the kid may delete some exotics by mistake and make my peace with it ;)

I just finish the strike and let them get the loot. It might be someone's 2 year old playing with their controller while the person is on the phone or something. I try to think that the kid may delete some exotics by mistake and make my peace with it ;)

I usually finish the strike even if someone is afk because not finishing or starting over all the time takes longer, but these two weren't worth my time.

hmm interesting, well good luck on your presentation :) feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it, of course I am interested in how your data went and the end result.

Thanks rawr! Just finished actually and passed! Unfortunately it is not a real project, it was more about how you handle animals and submit a request to an Animal Ethics Comitee. We just made up this project as an example. My real project is about the DNA of certain autism patients ;) Always nice to talk to a fellow (neuro)scientist!

I was kidding. I can google you know :p

Sorry I was just throwing around with neuro terminology. But I'll return to Destiny related stuff.

I will be home in about an hour and probably run a NF or two. So if anyone still needs to do that...

Jinjo

Thanks rawr! Just finished actually and passed! Unfortunately it is not a real project, it was more about how you handle animals and submit a request to an Animal Ethics Comitee. We just made up this project as an example. My real project is about the DNA of certain autism patients ;) Always nice to talk to a fellow (neuro)scientist!

Sorry I was just throwing around with neuro terminology. But I'll return to Destiny related stuff.

I got a new job yesterday as a clinical researcher in nutritional compounds/ingredients, we should celebrate this weekend on Mercury. ;P

Shito

I'm bored of PoE. But no one wants to raid anymore either. :(
I love running PoE each week with random gaffers, but I only ran 32s to get the full set to 34, and now I'm only running 34s for etheric lights.
Three PoE per week are fine, but more than that would be too much, yeah.

I hope after people get burnt on PoE they will go back to the raids a little: I still need to fetch myself a Fatebringer, Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut...

Hedera

Fuck it. I'm buying the physical CE. I might just give away the codes for the expansions (and vanilla if it's a code).
Is it known that the expansions are codes in the CE? Doesn't it all come in a disc? I'm planing on getting the physical CE myself and it would be great if at least the expansions were codes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lnkn52

Is it known that the expansions are codes in the CE? Doesn't it all come in a disc? I'm planing on getting the physical CE myself and it would be great if at least the expansions were codes, but I'm not holding my breath.

ttk-ps4-esrb.png

I feel that the physical disc is Destiny 1 with the all the DLC codes and code for TK.

My reasons behind it is that they want all players to be at the same expansion. They will only give you the discount for TK if you already own the DLCs and ofcourse Destiny 1.

Namikaze1

No one knows. My guess is that it will be on the disk already. You wouldn't want to piss off people by having them download X GBs day 1 if they went physical.

phen0m24

I love running PoE each week with random gaffers, but I only ran 32s to get the full set to 34, and now I'm only running 34s for etheric lights.
Three PoE per week are fine, but more than that would be too much, yeah.

I hope after people get burnt on PoE they will go back to the raids a little: I still need to fetch myself a Fatebringer, Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut...

I'm frankly bored by the PoE already. Modifiers are not a worthy substitute for mechanics. The raids scream teamwork. Should do both raids this weekend - like a "Raid Renaissance." :)

Deku Tree

ttk-ps4-esrb.png

I feel that the physical disc is Destiny 1 with the all the DLC codes and code for TK.

My reasons behind it is that they want all players to be at the same expansion. They will only give you the discount for TK if you already own the DLCs and ofcourse Destiny 1.

Nah I think everything except day 1 updates will be on the disk. No reason to anger people after they bought a physical disk by forcing them to download a huge 15+ GB update right away that could have easily fit on the disk.

No one knows. My guess is that it will be on the disk already. You wouldn't want to piss off people by having them download X GBs day 1 if they went physical.
exactly. Agree 100%.

Ken

Nah I think everything except day 1 updates will be on the disk. No reason to anger people after they bought a physical disk by forcing them to download a huge 15+ GB update right away that could have easily fit on the disk.

On the other hand they'd be saving money by not pressing new discs.

I've run 3 Hard VoG (full) and 1 CE (full) yesterday with gaffers. There's always somebody willing to raid here.

Edit: Me, raindoc, Eroticsushi, Nami and 2 others I cant remember right now. But I accepted a friend request from one of them.

Edit2: Btw, my girlfriend got a new dog last week. We named him Crota. He's annoying just like the son of Oryx.

Deku Tree

On the other hand they'd be saving money by not pressing new discs.

But they have to press disks anyway for the TTK physical edition. No way they have enough disks laying around to just slap old ones into the new cases. And even if they did they would need to put new labels on them anyway which means you need to make new disks.

The DLCs aren't big though, only a few MBs. They could include the patches and then require the codes to activate them.

My biggest issue concerning the upgrade is that as a digital owner of Destiny and the expansions, by buying the physical CE, there’s no guarantee TTK won’t be on the disc and there’s a chance I’ll need to put in the disc to run it; making my digital versions obsolete. And the digital CE is the same price ($80) without the physical stuff. I wish they would clarify this before they’re all sold out.

Namikaze1

exactly. Agree 100%.
Yep. The way I see it, the disk will have everything from expansion to all patches up to going gold. Only thing the physical buyers will have to deal with on launch day will be a patch.

Hedera

No one knows yet I don't think.

No idea, just assuming. :/
Thanks for all the replies guys. That's more or less what I was thinking Nami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom