• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

I love running PoE each week with random gaffers, but I only ran 32s to get the full set to 34, and now I'm only running 34s for etheric lights.
Three PoE per week are fine, but more than that would be too much, yeah.

I hope after people get burnt on PoE they will go back to the raids a little: I still need to fetch myself a Fatebringer, Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut...

I still want to run Hard Mode Crota's End this week.

*jedi mind trick* You will want to run Hard Mode with Namikaze1. You will also let him use Necrochasm.

In Variks voice: "What is stopping us from killing both Atheon and Crota later, yessss?" ;)

TOP OF THE PAGE EDIT/POLL:

Which voice should I use during the Nilla/Nami
terrible weapon
raid?

A) Hank Hill
B) Napoleon Dynamite
C) Variks
D) Yoda
E) Arnold
F) All of the above

:p

Owensboro

Quoting myself to gauge interest:

Hello everyone!

I've had Destiny for about two months (give or take a week) and have finally decided it's time to try out the Vault of Glass for the first time. I've got a window of time to play of about 5 hours today, so I was planning on starting a run around 5pm Eastern Time (flexible start from 4:30pm ET to 6:30pm ET, let me know what time you need!). I've watched/read about the strategies for each boss (coming from an MMO background) but absolutely expect to wipe once or twice (learning fights is half the fun!) and plan on just having a good time. Is anyone else interested? I'll check this thread throughout the day to gauge interest. (If this is even remotely successful I might set up a weekly Thursday VoG raid) (or rotate between this and Crota, which I've also never done!).

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET.
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan]

Ken

But they have to press disks anyway for the TTK physical edition. No way they have enough disks laying around to just slap old ones into the new cases. And even if they did they would need to put new labels on them anyway which means you need to make new disks.

You mean the TTK Legendary Edition?

Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition gives you the next great adventure in Destiny and is perfect for new and existing Guardians that are ready to jump into the Destiny universe or continue to carve their legend in the stars. Available Sept 15th, 2015 on disc and digital download.

I'm probably stretching too hard but the mention of both disc and digital download has me feeling it'll be vanilla Destiny disc with codes for the expansions.

But I guess we'll find out in September!

Hello everyone!

I've had Destiny for about two months (give or take a week) and have finally decided it's time to try out the Vault of Glass for the first time. I've got a window of time to play of about 4 hours today, so I was planning on starting a run around 5pm Eastern Time (flexible start from 4:30pm ET to 6:30pm ET, let me know what time you need!). I've watched/read about the strategies for each boss (coming from an MMO background) but absolutely expect to wipe once or twice (learning fights is half the fun!) and plan on just having a good time. Is anyone else interested? I'll check this thread throughout the day to gauge interest. (If this is even remotely successful I might set up a weekly Thursday VoG raid) (or rotate between this and Crota, which I've also never done!).

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET.
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan]

Also, I just wanted to say something to Destiny GAF: I've been doing PoE's and Nightfalls with you guys exclusively for the last three weeks (broke down and bought the expansions in order to do so) and have been absolutely blown away by how completely nice and not uptight each and everyone of you have been. Each person I've grouped with has been fun over voice chat, hasn't been overly angry about deaths, and has just been actually having fun while playing. Thanks for not overreacting to stupid deaths and laughing with me when my first two Exotics were a No Land Beyond and Universal Remote!

P.S. I'm not buttering people up to get you to come to Vault of Glass. I just wanted to say how great and non-toxic this community has been. Thanks for making this game more fun. <3.

Is this Normal or Hard mode? Considering your level you might be able to go straight to hard mode if you get some experienced players with you.

Taht said, if this is hard mode, I'm in. I still need one final run (Titan 34, silvertonguebr).

Thanks rawr! Just finished actually and passed! Unfortunately it is not a real project, it was more about how you handle animals and submit a request to an Animal Ethics Comitee. We just made up this project as an example. My real project is about the DNA of certain autism patients ;) Always nice to talk to a fellow (neuro)scientist!

Sorry I was just throwing around with neuro terminology. But I'll return to Destiny related stuff.

I will be home in about an hour and probably run a NF or two. So if anyone still needs to do that...

Glad to hear your presentation went well. I'll be around if you need help with NF. I haven't run any this week being Omnigul and all.

In Variks voice: "What is stopping us from killing both Atheon and Crota later, yessss?" ;)

terrible weapon
raid?

A) Hank Hill
B) Napoleon Dynamite
C) Variks
D) Yoda
E) Arnold
F) All of the above

I'd go with Yoda's speech on Arnold's accent.

Thanks rawr! Just finished actually and passed! Unfortunately it is not a real project, it was more about how you handle animals and submit a request to an Animal Ethics Comitee. We just made up this project as an example. My real project is about the DNA of certain autism patients ;) Always nice to talk to a fellow (neuro)scientist!

Sorry I was just throwing around with neuro terminology. But I'll return to Destiny related stuff.

I will be home in about an hour and probably run a NF or two. So if anyone still needs to do that...
Ahh gotcha but still good to hear you passed :) I hate presentations T_T haha no matter what, PETA will still hate us in the end. Always nice talking to a (neuro)scientist! My offer still stands either way :)

Science = Alot of jargon :p

I'll run it with you. Drizzay has the checkpoint too..

You will also sacrifice nami to the ogres.

The good Dr has it.
Gotcha... Drizzay signal!!

I wouldn't mind doing it, but if I kill Crota on hard can I do it on normal and still have a chance of black hammer? Or does it double up?
Nope it will only drop on normal. Thus its better to do normal first since if you do hard mode first, you will not get the normal loot drop.

Quoting myself to gauge interest:
You never done a raid before? Welp I cant promise anything but if I am free around that time I can help out.

Deku Tree

You mean the TTK Legendary Edition?

I'm probably stretching too hard but the mention of both disc and digital download has me feeling it'll be vanilla Destiny disc with codes for the expansions.

But I guess we'll find out in September!

when they say on "disc and digital download " I take that to mean that you can buy the legendary edition on disk or digitally for $60 usd say for example off the PSN store.

No reason to assume it means anything else IMO.

Doesn't need to imply that there will be download codes in the disk version.

Ahhhh threads moving too fast. I have a NM DS checkpoint if anyone wants to run that later. Would also like to jump in on any HM Crota kills. And if time I wouldn't mind taking down Atheon as well.

Namikaze1

Finally! I'm done leveling up all the exotics I currently have. Had everything but the ACD/0 Feedback maxed out. Now I just need the two HoW boots to complete the Pokedex.

Lnkn52

when they say on "disc and digital download " I take that to mean that you can buy the legendary edition on disk or digitally for $60 usd say for example off the PSN store.

No reason to assume it means anything else IMO.

Doesn't need to imply that there will be download codes in the disk version.

That's why there's confusion because you cannot buy TK on the PSN Store. You need to own both DLCs to do so.

Shito

I'm frankly bored by the PoE already. Modifiers are not a worthy substitute for mechanics. The raids scream teamwork. Should do both raids this weekend - like a "Raid Renaissance." :)

I've run 3 Hard VoG (full) and 1 CE (full) yesterday with gaffers. There's always somebody willing to raid here.
Yeah, I didn't really tried getting into a GAF raid group yet, for various reasons ranging from not having a decent mic until a few weeks ago to being on a different timezone than the regulars here. Also don't have a lot of moments in the week when I can free myself several hours of Destiny to run the raids / boss raids x3, as it's often what seems to be proposed.
But once I feel like I'm satisfied with my etheric light output (which should come quite quickly now), I will probably actively start looking for some raids fun with you guys. :)

Edit2: Btw, my girlfriend got a new dog last week. We named him Crota. He's annoying just like the son of Oryx.
Hahaha, that's an awesome name for a dog.

Ahhhh threads moving too fast. I have a NM DS checkpoint if anyone wants to run that later. Would also like to jump in on any HM Crota kills. And if time I wouldn't mind taking down Atheon as well.

And if time allows you want to do Skolas, patrol the moon and a flawless hard VoG ;)
Kidding - I'll send an invite for some NF runs when I'm home, that is if you're still up for it.

noomi

terrible weapon
raid?

A) Hank Hill
B) Napoleon Dynamite
C) Variks
D) Yoda
E) Arnold
F) All of the above

Hank Hill, I want to know about propane and propane accessories bobby.

HU-WHAT THE HELL?!

Namikaze1

terrible weapon
raid?

A) Hank Hill
B) Napoleon Dynamite
C) Variks
D) Yoda
E) Arnold
F) All of the above

All of the above

And your best fig impersonation.

And if time allows you want to do Skolas, patrol the moon and a flawless hard VoG ;)
Kidding - I'll send an invite for some NF runs when I'm home, that is if you're still up for it.

I'm game for all of it. Kinda, need a Queen's Cipher for my Hunter and Titan. My Warlock needs to farm PoE bosses.

Lord of Wolves get!!! The other two as well I guess.

ethomaz

Banned
I just checked my preorder now.

It shows 17.4GB of download for Taken King... it is really big... and the preload looks like will be two days early (my download will ends just near the launch time).

Namikaze1

I just checked my preorder now.

It shows 17.4GB of download for Taken King... it is really big.
And that's why I think it will be on disk.

Like I said earlier, you don't want to piss off folks who bought physical by having them download X GBs on launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom