• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I just checked my preorder now.

It shows 17.4GB of download for Taken King... it is really big... and the preload looks like will be two days early (my download will ends just near the launch time).
Is this for the $40 expansion, or the full version?

Lnkn52

And that's why I think it will be on disk.

Like I said earlier, you don't want to piss off folks who bought physical by having them download X GBs on launch.

That's the whole game, Destiny 1 + DLCs.
sEi6Pyq.png

The Taken King is only 10.1 mbs.
ApQhpxd.png

Destiny Guardian Edition:
syinFJD.png

Deku Tree

That's why there's confusion because you cannot buy TK on the PSN Store. You need to own both DLCs to do so.

I imagine that it will be available though sometime hopefully soon. But yeah now I see your point.

The link goes to the timestamp when they start talking about Destiny.

Oh those timestamp links only work for me on desktop and I was on Mobile.... I guess I'm going to my computer to watch it. Thanks!

Kyne

My biggest issue concerning the upgrade is that as a digital owner of Destiny and the expansions, by buying the physical CE, there’s no guarantee TTK won’t be on the disc and there’s a chance I’ll need to put in the disc to run it; making my digital versions obsolete. And the digital CE is the same price ($80) without the physical stuff. I wish they would clarify this before they’re all sold out.

Too late

Screenshot_2015-06-18-08-42-53_zpstjdflfcn.png

Shito

The 40$ is showing around 10.5MB for me (I havent preorder) but let's face it, it's hell of a lot bigger than that since it is their biggest expansion yet.
Yeah, I suppose this will mostly contain an unlock key and a few items.
Everyone will have to download a big ass patch a few weeks before TTK hits, as we did for the first two DLCs...

It will mostly likely be installed in an update, then activated by purchasing the 39.99 file.
Yeah, beaten! ^^

Owensboro

Is this Normal or Hard mode? Considering your level you might be able to go straight to hard mode if you get some experienced players with you.

Taht said, if this is hard mode, I'm in. I still need one final run (Titan 34, silvertonguebr).

I guess the appropriate question is: Should a new player do Hard Mode the first time? If so, I'd be down for trying. I just can't promise everything would go smoothly :)

Realistically, I'd love to get the point where I can run both Normal and Hard Mode. I'm just expecting to bang my head against everything the first run through.

I'll join you.

Cool, I'll shoot you an invite around 5 (assuming we can get enough). You have a vote on Hard or Normal mode?

You never done a raid before? Welp I cant promise anything but if I am free around that time I can help out.

Hey man, even the thought counts. I'll check if you're on. If not, not big deal.

I like this guy.

At least one person does!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

rNilla

I don't understand. Can't stand him. I stay away from Giant Bomb because of him. I know they/he has a huge following...he's just too negative and cynical for my taste.

He usually comes off as jaded and hates everything but it's a perspective I increasingly appreciate. It's a personality driven site so obviously it's hard to get into if you don't like the personalities.

Zoidberg

For anyone else that missed last night's interview with Lukems on Giant Bomb.

My favorite E3 interview so far. Some interesting details revealed about vanilla Destiny and where things are headed with TK.

Luke interviews alot better than Deej, sweet jesus.

Every interview with Deej at E3 it felt like it was the exact same questions and answers. In one of them someone asked him about the different editions of TTK and he completely dodged the question and went on a tangent.

Luke actually seems to understand alot of the issues with the game and seems to want to resolve them, rather than pat us on the head and tell us its all OK.

Lnkn52

You're forgetting patches which brings it to 24 GBs right now. Include Take King and it might be close to 30 GBs.

They will make you download the whole game again. Didn't you have to do that when you had permission issues?

Like you said, hopefully on Bungie Day, they will announce another Sku.

Shito

I guess the appropriate question is: Should a new player do Hard Mode the first time? If so, I'd be down for trying. I just can't promise everything would go smoothly :)

Realistically, I'd love to get the point where I can run both Normal and Hard Mode. I'm just expecting to bang my head against everything the first run through.
Even if you have veterans in your party, it would probably be best to run it in Normal Mode the first time around, so you have a chance to understand the basic mechanics and can be revived if you fuck up. Otherwise, you will probably have to spend quite some time watching other people play / complete the encounters, which is not that fun... ^^

PuMa

He usually comes off as jaded and hates everything but it's a perspective I increasingly appreciate. It's a personality driven site so obviously it's hard to get into if you don't like the personalities.

Yeah, every time I've tried to tune into a bombcast or watch a video, they're always just shitting on everything, and I just peace out shortly after. Oh well. They're doing their thing.

Luke Smith seems incredibly likable, by the way. Good dude.

Namikaze1

This is Destiny's current size:
CHyXkA0WgAApgwR.jpg:orig

Add Taken King's file size, and you're looking at 30-35 GBs altogether. I'm expecting all expansions + patches to be on disk with the exception of the day 1 patch. If there's a day 1 patch.

Jinjo

Congrats on the new job! Yeah, we totally should! Let's see if we can find some time on Sunday to team up.

Sure thing! Sunday-evening works for me no problem. Upgraded some PvP gear for my Hunter the past couple weeks so it's time to wreck stuff. (Raspberry & Lupi chest pieces, TLW, my Final Round-Efrideet's Spear) My body is ready.

mcfrank

Did Skolas last night for the first time since the changes. What a fun, challenging, and mechanically interesting fight. Felt like being in the Vault of Glass again.

Owensboro, if I'm around this afternoon and you still need help rounding out a VoG team I can probably jump in. I would personally try VoG on Normal first but its not my run and you're sufficiently leveled so its up to you really.

noomi

Impossible.

"Fuck... shit... bastards" *insert other random curses*

Yeah... I think I got the fig impression down :D

Did Skolas last night for the first time since the changes. What a fun, challenging, and mechanically interesting fight. Felt like being in the Vault of Glass again.

I also enjoy the improved Skolas fight, just wish he dropped more primary weapons is all. Might do another one today, if anyone is up for it later in the day.

PuMa

Every interview with Deej at E3 it felt like it was the exact same questions and answers. In one of them someone asked him about the different editions of TTK and he completely dodged the question and went on a tangent.

Luke actually seems to understand alot of the issues with the game and seems to want to resolve them, rather than pat us on the head and tell us its all OK.

Yeah, I like Luke a lot. He should be CM.

ethomaz

Banned
Add Taken King's file size, and you're looking at 30-35 GBs altogether. I'm expecting all expansions + patches to be on disk with the exception of the day 1 patch. If there's a day 1 patch.
The desctiption says you need 40GB free space to install the Taken King.

"40 GB available hard drive storage space required for PS4™"

Destiny Guardiam Edition says only 20GB.

"20 GB hard drive storage is required"

I think your maths are right.

ocean

Banned
And that's why I think it will be on disk.

Like I said earlier, you don't want to piss off folks who bought physical by having them download X GBs on launch.

I'm almost certain there will be a big patch before the expansion launches containing all of the new content. Everyone, including people who didn't buy TTK, will have to download it. Remember everyone runs the same version of Destiny, whether they have the expansions or not.

Then at launch, having or not having the expansion is basically just a license check. But there won't be a launch-day download since a patch the week before should include all the content. Now perhaps the disk includes everything so people aren't taken to a download screen for TDB, HoW and TTK when they first pop their disk in.

But current players, whether they bought physical or digital, will already have downloaded the patch some days earlier anyways. This is speculation but I don't see why they'd change the way they've deployed things until now.

Deku Tree

Yeah, I like Luke a lot. He should be CM.

Luke is the lead Raid designer. Much higher up in the company than a lowly CM.

Luke and Urk sound calm an relaxed and seem like their having fun when they do interviews.

Deej feels like he's reading a script and he's seems like he's always nervous that he is going to reveal something that will get him in trouble with the higher ups. And he's always telling us that he's just a low level pee-on in the Bungie machine.

PuMa

Luke and Urk sound calm an relaxed and seem like their having fun when they do interviews.

Deej feels like he's reading a script and he's seems like he's always nervous that he is going to reveal something that will get him in trouble with the higher ups. And he's always telling us that he's just a low level pee-on in the Bungie machine.

Yeah, I know. Was joking a bit. It's just a shame the CM can't come off as knowledgeable and likable as those guys. That's sort of part of the job description, IMO.

Yeah, I know. Was joking a bit. It's just a shame the CM can't come off as knowledgeable and likable as those guys. That's sort of part of the job description, IMO.

I vote Colonel for Bungie CM.

Edit: I like how in this future that is Destiny, UPS still manages to break your stuff. "Package broken in transit."

Jinjo

Every time Deej goes on about how you "earned" certain exotics in the game it makes me cringe. Does he honestly still really believe that? Just let it go man.

I seriously don't remember the first time I got a Gjallarhorn anymore. My first exotics I earned by shooting in a cave for hours on end....

At level 33 I think you're golden for Hard Mode. It's basically the same thing + "no revives" and detain shields in the final boss.
Do it if you get experienced players. Normal mode will be so easy at your level that kind of makes it not fun.

rNilla

OK. Raid Night Extravaganza. I should be available from 5 PM CDT onward.

I may jump into Owensboro's inaugural Vault run first if it doesn't fill up. Otherwise, here's what I have so far:

Hard Crota's End

1. Wafer Time
2. X-Frame ???
3. ColonelCornyVO
4. Namikraze
5. warlockDeaths?
6. heRAWRs???

Did I miss anyone?

I will gladly run more raids (either) afterwards if people want to do it 2-3x or other people want some raid action.

S U R O S R E G I M E

Zoidberg

Yep, every E3 interview with Deej looked like there was a higher up off screen with a gun pointing at him.

OK. Raid Night Extravaganza. I should be available from 5 PM CDT onward.

I may jump into Owensboro's inaugural Vault run first if it doesn't fill up. Otherwise, here's what I have so far:

Hard Crota's End

1. Wafer Time
2. X-Frame ???
3. ColonelCornyVO
4. Namikraze
5. warlockDeaths?
6. heRAWRs???

Did I miss anyone?

I will gladly run more raids (either) afterwards if people want to do it 2-3x or other people want some raid action.

S U R O S R E G I M E

5pm CDT? I'm from the future, remember? How many hours is that from now?

I thought we were running it now or soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom