• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. So Halo 5 is going to have micro-transactions?

Jesus fuck...

I really hope this doesn't become industry standard down the road.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066024

Bungie, I just want to say that I'm happy paying 20 bucks every 4 months. Please don't look at this and think. I wonder how we can use this.
If you read the thread it's nowhere near pay to win.

It's only for Warzone, and you you basically buy unlocks for packages. However to use these, you have to be playing well in the match (think COD killstreaks)

All of these rec packs can be earned through normal play

Deku Tree

That is a horrible trade off though. Giving players access to weapons and vehicles in a game like this?

I mean, imagine if bungie let you pay 50 cents for a heavy ammo pack in PvP anytime you wanted it.
agree. It's horrible. I don't like it. I was probably going to buy an X1 for Halo 5. Now I'm probably not after reading this news.

Deku Tree

It's only for Warzone, and you you basically buy unlocks for packages. However to use these, you have to be playing well in the match (think COD killstreaks)

If it's such a non-issue then why would anyone pay money to buy the unlocks?

Only Warzone or not, doesn't matter. It's the start of a new pricing scheme. It just means that as the future goes on, if this proves profitable, they'll try to push it into other playlists.

Earning stuff in normal play is standard microstransaction process though.

Give a small flow to the regular player so they get a taste in hopes they'll get impatient and just buy more in-game currency to speed along the process.

From the other thread:
In the video below, at the 6.57 mark, the player buys a Storm Rifle for two points of energy...
...More powerful items cost more points of energy. At the 8.56 mark the player spends six points of energy on the Mantis mech. At the 15.29 mark the player spends seven points of energy on the Phaeton, a Forerunner gunship.

Not sure how the above could be described as "Not pay to win"

phen0m24

I vote Colonel for Bungie CM.

I take this responsibility seriously and will make DGAF proud. Of course said in Sam the Eagle voice.

Noooo thanks. He should be doing exactly what he's doing as CD. Making the game better... which looks like exactly what he's doing. I agree he's much better at talking about the game than deej is, but it's also because he's a key part of that process. Deej isn't a developer, he's a community guy.

Lol Homeboyd you see the problem there, right? Luke is better at talking AND game design. Houston we have a problem. As a Community guy you should have the fans eating out of your hand, not ready to burn you in effigy. He goes more for "pretty prose" than "connect with constituents." Sad. :(

Luke says that he logs into Destiny each week to "abuse people in Trials of Osirus".

If you see Luke Smith on the other side of your ToO match get ready to have your passage ended Guardians!

So funny.

Dude I eagerly await the pay per view of Unstable, Drizzy and
me
TG (yeah I'm saying TG because I think like Arnold he'll be back) match against Luke Deej and whoever else they have. That. Would. Rock.

So both PoE heavy weopons are void? are they random burns and I just got unlucky, or is this static?

if static, thats really stupid. since there are no reason to run void weopons outside of burn NFs, and there are no other Void exotics besides truth, why would you need another Void rocket launcher. what does Bungie have against ARC RL?

why cant they give us one good one?

rc213

Oh, hah, yeah. I've just had horrible luck when trying to start or join a Raid group. I either just miss a group or just never get any responses for starting a raid and get discouraged/bored of asking people to join. 1. it always feels like I'm spamming the page and/or begging, and 2. It brings back flashbacks of old WoW, idling in Ironforge, spamming "LFG STRATHOLME NEED 1 TANK" in chat, which is just the most awful way to spend my free time. I'm getting a little proactive this time and trying to set one up 12 hours in advance :)

EDIT: New Page, New Post!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

I'll be around if you need someone. Prefer hard mode but will run normal no problems.

zewone

So both PoE heavy weopons are void? are they random burns and I just got unlucky, or is this static?

if static, thats really stupid. since there are no reason to run void weopons outside of burn NFs, and there are no other Void exotics besides truth, why would you need another Void rocket launcher. what does Bungie have against ARC RL?

Random element.

JonCha

Oh, hah, yeah. I've just had horrible luck when trying to start or join a Raid group. I either just miss a group or just never get any responses for starting a raid and get discouraged/bored of asking people to join. 1. it always feels like I'm spamming the page and/or begging, and 2. It brings back flashbacks of old WoW, idling in Ironforge, spamming "LFG STRATHOLME NEED 1 TANK" in chat, which is just the most awful way to spend my free time. I'm getting a little proactive this time and trying to set one up 12 hours in advance :)

EDIT: New Page, New Post!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

I'd love to do this tonight - I tried to do it with a group of randoms which turned out to be a complete mess - but at 10pm my time and work tomorrow it's just a bit too late unfortunately.

Homeboyd

Lol Homeboyd you see the problem there, right? Luke is better at talking AND game design. Houston we have a problem. As a Community guy you should have the fans eating out of your hand, not ready to burn you in effigy. He goes more for "pretty prose" than "connect with constituents." Sad. :(
Of course I see the problem! See my next post about it though...

I think it's Bungie's way of apologizing for still only having 1 single void exotic. So to compensate, we get a lot of Void legendaries.

Jesus fuck...

Bungie, I just want to say that I'm happy paying 20 bucks every 4 months. Please don't look at this and think. I wonder how we can use this.

Microtransactions = free DLC map packs. I'm very okay with it as the stuff you can buy is either 1) cosmetic or 2) effective in Warzone ONLY

Calcium

Banned
Hey guys, I'm looking at the Destiny bundle that is on sale now for PS Plus and I'm considering jumping back in. Chances are pretty high that I'm not going to bother raiding, so my question is do the DLC packs have enough solo quest content (grinding bounties, story missions) to justify a $45 price tag? (Assuming of course The Taken King is a better DLC package than the current two)

Yup, both are void.

Random element.

No, the special and heavy weapons have static elements for both PoE and ToO.

Only the primaries can have random elements.

Did they specifically announce the starting Cabal mission in Taken King takes place in a new explirable area? That would make it two new explorable areas right?

I just want it to be more than one

phen0m24

I think the reins are a lot tighter on deej in terms of what he can discuss and what he can't. He's the front guy for bungie that deals with gamers all day long, usually only when they're pissed off about something. Listening to the developers talk about the game they are building is always much more interesting because knowing their thought process about how or why something works in the game gives you a better idea of what to expect in the future... which affects you directly as you play the game.

Deej is out there to sell copies of the game to people who know very little about destiny or TTK, whereas people like us only want to hear from guys like luke because we already know we're buying the expansion. We want to know what they've learned, how they've interpreted community reactions to positive and negative additions since launch, what to expect in the future, how the game will continue to grow and expand, etc... Deej just can't comment on stuff like that like luke and others can. They probably gave him a few bullet points to discuss and told him to stick to the script. Obviously a little different than what the creative director can and will discuss.

I always see someone as a community manager as someone who advocates on the player's behalf.
"Why can't we do this" "This is a great idea"
"Our users are saying this"

I think selling the game to new people should be marketing's job. Marketing has the task of growing the community through sales, whereas I would hope the CM is out there in the trenches, agreeing with the players where possible, and other times not - but coming to the devs with our tough questions and reporting back to us. (In English)

Deej being both a liaison and a marketer may lead to the stress he's under. I would love working with the fans just based on the passion they bring to the table. Just this community - is electric. Either good or bad there's so much energy to draw upon and channel. :)

Of course I see the problem! See my next post about it though...

Oh um yeah now I did. ;)

Hey guys, I'm looking at the Destiny bundle that is on sale now for PS Plus and I'm considering jumping back in. Chances are pretty high that I'm not going to bother raiding, so my question is do the DLC packs have enough solo quest content (grinding bounties, story missions) to justify a $45 price tag? (Assuming of course The Taken King is a better DLC package than the current two)

Get the Legendary edition for $60, way better value.

You will miss out on some of the best stuff and content if you don't plan on raiding.

PuMa

There's plenty of content outside of the raids, IMO, especially if you are into PVP. However, the raids are some of the most fun you can have
in a good group

Taken King will probably be the best new content to date when it releases. But don't overlook HoW. It was much better than TDB.

Jump on in! The water's warm!

What's the difference between VoG HM and NM?Reward wise.

Separate loot tables. Some weapons are exclusive to hard mode, though you can still get normal loot to drop on hard, but not the other way around.

Hard exclusive:

Fatebringer - Templar
Praetorian Foil - Oracles
Praedyth's Timepiece - Gatekeepers
Vex Mythoclast - Atheon
Timebreaker sparrow and Aspect of Glass ship - Atheon

Jesus fuck...

Out of Passage Coins? Buy your boons with real money! We will even allow you to buy as many as you want, not just one per card. :(

Praetorian Foil drops on Oracles Hard.
Fatebringer drops on Templar Hard.
Praedyths Timepice drops on Gatekeepers Hard.
Vex Mythoclast drops on Atheon Hard.

Aside from that, when you do hard you get all the possible rewards for normal, unlike Crotas end, which is why most ppl just do hard mode to save time.

phen0m24

VoG normal:
Boots gloves chest
Found Verdict
Atheon Epilogue
Praedyth's Revenge
Praedyth's Timepiece (I think - I stand corrected)
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance

VoG Hard:
Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Vex Mythoclast
Helmet

I'm likely missing things like ships shards and shaders. (And sparrows)

Namikaze1

Did they specifically announce the starting Cabal mission in Taken King takes place in a new explirable area? That would make it two new explorable areas right?

It takes place on Phobos.

Don't know yet if Phobos is a new explorable Destination but you will head there for a mission. The Dreadnaught I believe is the new explorable Destination.

First mission takes place on Phobos (the mars moon).

We currently have a PvP map on Phobos so it isn't technically a "new" location, and bungie seems to be taking that into consideration for their PR verbage.

PuMa

VoG normal:
Boots gloves chest
Found Verdict
Atheon Epilogue
Praedyth's Revenge
Praedyth's Timepiece (I think)
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance

VoG Hard:
Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Vex Mythoclast
Helmet

I'm likely missing things like ships shards and shaders. (And sparrows)

Uggh Vision of Confluence. Pls. :p

zewone

Double rewards. So doing HM also drops NM rewards so you only have to do it once.

There's also certain weapons and armor that only drop in HM, such as Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, Praetorian Foil, Vex Mythoclast, VoG helmets.

Question, doesnt the helmet drops on normal now? And that's why ppl are able to get 2 helmets on 1 atheon kill?

I think they changed that for VoG when they did it for CE.

No, helmets are hard VoG only. Hard can give you 2x the same loot from both loot tables.

So, you can get 2 boots, 2 chests, 2 gloves, 2 shotguns, 2 fatebringers, 2 snipers, 2 helmets....2 of any loot drop if you do hard VoG.

phen0m24

Question, doesnt the helmet drops on normal now? And that's why ppl are able to get 2 helmets on 1 atheon kill?

I think they changed that for VoG when they did it for CE.

If that's true It's news to me. I thought helmets were from hard only but admittedly I haven't run many raids of late. :(

Calcium

Banned
Get the Legendary edition for $60, way better value.

You will miss out on some of the best stuff and content if you don't plan on raiding.

I'm not seeing a Legendary edition on PSN. The only one I see is the Digital Collector's Edition.

There's plenty of content outside of the raids, IMO, especially if you are into PVP. However, the raids are some of the most fun you can have
in a good group

Yeah, it's getting in a good group that is the problem. I honestly have very little patience for organizing groups and playing around other peoples schedules. I enjoyed the one raid I played, but it's not worth the frustration for me.

styl3s

PS4 has some exclusive content until September 15th, when Xbox will get it too (3 Exotic weapons, 2 Strikes and 3 PvP maps). Come September 15th though, Xbox gets all of that but there will be a new Strike, an Exotic weapon, some armor sets and a PvP map exclusive to PS4.

Performance and visual quality wise they should be identical. The important stuff is community. There are a lot more PS4 than XBO players on this thread, it's like 5:1. However, most of the top-end competitive community lives in Reddit and plays on Xbox.

Depending on how you intend on playing, you'd be best served by one or the other. If you see yourself eventually playing competitively, Xbox is the answer. Otherwise, PS4 would make it easier to find groups to run stuff with around here.

PS4 by a big margin, unfortunately for our Xbox brethren.

Well if you're looking for exclusive content, that's all on PS4. Xbone is getting the year one stuff at the start of year two 9/15, but then PS4 gets some new exclusive content. Most of the community here is on PS4, but there is definitely a nice niche group of Xboners too. Choose whichever you are most comfortable with, or PS4 if exclusive content is your thing.
Guess i will be installing the PS4 version once comcast gets their shit together. Huge outages all over the US apparently it hit me about 40 minutes ago which is surprising to me because the business internet i have in my store never goes out. I would complain and say it's fucking with my business but im sitting here on neogaf trying to download destiny at my store.

It's a slow day thankfully. Gonna have to slum it old school today and put in orders via phone.

PuMa

Yeah, it's getting in a good group that is the problem. I honestly have very little patience for organizing groups and playing around other peoples schedules. I enjoyed the one raid I played, but it's not worth the frustration for me.

It's usually pretty easy to get a group together through these threads. I would strongly suggest trying to get back into the raids at some point. There are even sign-ups for weekly 'newbie' raid groups.

gatti-man

So an idea can into my head this morning about the predicament that is ttk CE. Does anyone know if the DLC and ttk are codes or is it all on disc? If it's codes I think I'll just order the CE and give away the non ttk codes and base game to someone on gaf. I know there are a few others like me in this thread where money isn't that big of a deal and we could maybe have a larger giveaway. I guess it all depends on how Bungie is doing the TTK CE.

Omni

Do we get any leaks on Xur these days? I hope he sells the Purifier Robes. Must have spent 800 motes or so on engrams and nothing >.>

Attack the poster instead of addressing the argument.

I could say to read the thread and to see why it's such an non-issue. But I figured that would be obvious.

Apparently not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom