• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Yeah, I like Luke a lot. He should be CM.
Noooo thanks. He should be doing exactly what he's doing as CD. Making the game better... which looks like exactly what he's doing. I agree he's much better at talking about the game than deej is, but it's also because he's a key part of that process. Deej isn't a developer, he's a community guy.

Namikaze1

"Fuck... shit... bastards" *insert other random curses*

Yeah... I think I got the fig impression down :D

I also enjoy the improved Skolas fight, just wish he dropped more primary weapons is all. Might do another one today, if anyone is up for it later in the day.
You forgot:
"Fucking hell, Nami!"
"What the fuck are you doing, Nami?!"
"God dammit, Nami!"

Owensboro

haha youre good :) Its just surprising to me you went this long on this thread without doing a raid :p

Oh, hah, yeah. I've just had horrible luck when trying to start or join a Raid group. I either just miss a group or just never get any responses for starting a raid and get discouraged/bored of asking people to join. 1. it always feels like I'm spamming the page and/or begging, and 2. It brings back flashbacks of old WoW, idling in Ironforge, spamming "LFG STRATHOLME NEED 1 TANK" in chat, which is just the most awful way to spend my free time. I'm getting a little proactive this time and trying to set one up 12 hours in advance :)

EDIT: New Page, New Post!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

rNilla

5pm CDT? I'm from the future, remember? How many hours is that from now?

I thought we were running it now or soonish.

5PM CDT is ~8 hours from this post.

I know there was another DGAFer interested in running HM for the first time but they don't start playing until around my bedtime. I should be around Saturday or Sunday to raid as well.

PuMa

Noooo thanks. He should be doing exactly what he's doing as CD. Making the game better... which looks like exactly what he's doing. I agree he's much better at talking about the game than deej is, but it's also because he's a key part of that process. Deej isn't a developer, he's a community guy.

Yeah, as I mentioned, it was a bit of a joke. Of course Luke wouldn't actually be CM.

Deej isn't a developer, but he's not really a community guy either. Not a good one at least.

Oh, hah, yeah. I've just had horrible luck when trying to start or join a Raid group. I either just miss a group or just never get any responses for starting a raid and get discouraged/bored of asking people to join. 1. it always feels like I'm spamming the page and/or begging, and 2. It brings back flashbacks of old WoW, idling in Ironforge, spamming "LFG STRATHOLME NEED 1 TANK" in chat, which is just the most awful way to spend my free time. I'm getting a little proactive this time and trying to set one up 12 hours in advance :)

Just post here on reset day or weekends, you'll get raid groups ready to go before you can even type LFG VOG.

I know there was another DGAFer interested in running HM for the first time but they don't start playing until around my bedtime. I should be around Saturday or Sunday to raid as well.

If ruthless can't run, I can has raid spot maybe? :( I never get to raid with the cool kids.

So, 8AM on Friday for me. You will probably need to find a replacement for me.

edit: Grim will serve in my stead :)

Deku Tree

Luke says that he logs into Destiny each week to "abuse people in Trials of Osirus".

If you see Luke Smith on the other side of your ToO match get ready to have your passage ended Guardians!

So funny.

Shito

Every time Deej goes on about how you "earned" certain exotics in the game it makes me cringe. Does he honestly still really believe that? Just let it go man.

I seriously don't remember the first time I got a Gjallarhorn anymore. My first exotics I earned by shooting in a cave for hours on end....
I got my first Ice Breaker by asking here on GAF some help to fetch me the 3 strange coins I was missing, the first week Xur sold it. I got carried (hard) on what was my first weekly ever, on the hard version while being 3 levels lower, and ended up with 9 strange coins and a starting love from this community here.

I got my Hawkmoon from my first opening of the abyss chest, the first week we realized it had an exotic chance to it and you just had to keep dying until it spawned at the first door. This helped me get into soloing CE.

I got my Horn from the rainbow burn Archon Priest nightfall, the same day I got a raise at work and called it out here on GAF by saying that Destiny better give me a Horn for my last nightfall of the week, to properly end this beautiful day.

All of the other ones I can't really remember, though. :)

ocean

Banned

EDIT: New Page, New Post!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

Count me in! I'm a_javierp on PSN. VoG with a first timer is always great fun :) I'd suggest we do Normal. It's not really much different in terms of difficulty, but there's revives. If you die during a segment in Heroic, you won't be able to get revived until we finish that encounter and move to the next checkpoint. It would stuck if a big part of your VoG experience were spectating other people play while you're just dead and waiting for a revive.

Of course, there are benefits to running Heroic instead. Namely a chance at getting the best Primary Weapon in the entire game: the bringer of fate.

Namikaze1

So 6 PM EST for me.

I'll be there with my trusty Necrochasm.

Too late

Screenshot_2015-06-18-08-42-53_zpstjdflfcn.png

Yeah, saw that. :-/ But Xbox One is still avail (for now), which I primarily play Destiny on. I may just preorder and resell/cancel if it's not worth keeping, but seeing the PS4 version already sell out made me realize I won't have time to find out how TTK is delivered.

Homeboyd

Yeah, as I mentioned, it was a bit of a joke. Of course Luke wouldn't actually be CM.

Deej isn't a developer, but he's not really a community guy either. Not a good one at least.
I think the reins are a lot tighter on deej in terms of what he can discuss and what he can't. He's the front guy for bungie that deals with gamers all day long, usually only when they're pissed off about something. Listening to the developers talk about the game they are building is always much more interesting because knowing their thought process about how or why something works in the game gives you a better idea of what to expect in the future... which affects you directly as you play the game.

Deej is out there to sell copies of the game to people who know very little about destiny or TTK, whereas people like us only want to hear from guys like luke because we already know we're buying the expansion. We want to know what they've learned, how they've interpreted community reactions to positive and negative additions since launch, what to expect in the future, how the game will continue to grow and expand, etc... Deej just can't comment on stuff like that like luke and others can. They probably gave him a few bullet points to discuss and told him to stick to the script. Obviously a little different than what the creative director can and will discuss.

OkayRene

Yeah, every time I've tried to tune into a bombcast or watch a video, they're always just shitting on everything, and I just peace out shortly after. Oh well. They're doing their thing.

Luke Smith seems incredibly likable, by the way. Good dude.

Jeff is totally a hater, but that's just his personality. His hate for Destiny bothers me a little, too, mostly because his criticism feels really outdated. But "different strokes …." He's super entertaining otherwise.

Oo I thought you guys were planning for now. Welp might or might not be able to do it :/ will let you know when I find out.

styl3s

As someone who hasn't played since like October of last year has a lot changed? Is it even worth picking back up if none of your friends are playing? I never disliked the game i just didn't have friends to play with. Is it possible to solo level up aside from raiding?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As someone who hasn't played since like October of last year has a lot changed? Is it even worth picking back up if none of your friends are playing? I never disliked the game i just didn't have friends to play with. Is it possible to solo level up aside from raiding?
A lot has changed.

What console are you on? It doesn't have to be one or the other. There are lots of people here to play with.

styl3s

A lot has changed.

What console are you on? It doesn't have to be one or the other. There are lots of people here to play with.
I actually ended up buying the $100 version digitally on both PS4 and X1 because RL friends wanted to play it on PS4 and they all universally decided it was shit like a month later and quit and my other buddy never even got it on X1 like he was supposed to.

I got burned real bad with Destiny and it's why i deleted them and never looked back but i have been wanting to get into it. In terms of what console i guess it's just a matter of does one have more "exclusive content"? What one has more people and/or runs better?

EL CUCO

Luke says that he logs into Destiny each week to "abuse people in Trials of Osirus".

If you see Luke Smith on the other side of your ToO match get ready to have your passage ended Guardians!

So funny.
The guy is mad fun to listen to. Jeff was nailing him and he took it in stride.

A lot has changed.

There's a lot less grinding and there's almost too much stuff to do at this point (still gets repetitive after you've done it 20 times each tho)

You can get all the way to Level 32 solo if you want but it's not gonna be fun. Just post here and you will absolutelly get ppl to play with.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually ended up buying the $100 version digitally on both PS4 and X1 because RL friends wanted to play it on PS4 and they all universally decided it was shit like a month later and quit and my other buddy never even got it on X1 like he was supposed to.

I got burned real bad with Destiny and it's why i deleted them and never looked back but i have been wanting to get into it. In terms of what console i guess it's just a matter of does one have more "exclusive content"? What one has more people and/or runs better?
PS4 by a big margin, unfortunately for our Xbox brethren.

ocean

Banned

PS4 has some exclusive content until September 15th, when Xbox will get it too (3 Exotic weapons, 2 Strikes and 3 PvP maps). Come September 15th though, Xbox gets all of that but there will be a new Strike, an Exotic weapon, some armor sets and a PvP map exclusive to PS4.

Performance and visual quality wise they should be identical. The important stuff is community. There are a lot more PS4 than XBO players on this thread, it's like 5:1. However, most of the top-end competitive community lives in Reddit and plays on Xbox.

Depending on how you intend on playing, you'd be best served by one or the other. If you see yourself eventually playing competitively, Xbox is the answer. Otherwise, PS4 would make it easier to find groups to run stuff with around here.

PuMa

Well if you're looking for exclusive content, that's all on PS4. Xbone is getting the year one stuff at the start of year two 9/15, but then PS4 gets some new exclusive content. Most of the community here is on PS4, but there is definitely a nice niche group of Xboners too. Choose whichever you are most comfortable with, or PS4 if exclusive content is your thing.

Holy shit. So Halo 5 is going to have micro-transactions?

Jesus fuck...

I really hope this doesn't become industry standard down the road.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066024

Halo 5 has a new Requisition System (REQ), which works in the game's two multiplayer experiences: Arena and Warzone.

You earn REQ Points after each match in Arena or Warzone multiplayer, and you can spend them on REQ Packs. Each pack contains a variety of requisitions (REQs): unlockable weapons and armours, skins, assassination animations and more. You'll also get REQ PAcks as rewards when you level up your Spartan Rank (SR) and complete Commendations across multiplayer.

Now, you can buy REQ Packs with real-world money "as a matter of convenience", with a portion of the proceeds go toward prize pools for the Halo Championship Series.

In Warzone you can use weapons and vehicles from your inventory of REQs throughout a match, but they're balanced,

Based on the gameplay video below, you can unlock loadouts, power weapons and vehicles from a REQ Station, but each item costs a certain number of "energy".

Bungie, I just want to say that I'm happy paying 20 bucks every 4 months. Please don't look at this and think. I wonder how we can use this.

Deku Tree

Halo shit. So Halo 5 is going to have micro-transactions?

Jesus fuck...

I really hope this doesn't become industry standard down the road.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066024

Bungie, I just want to say that I'm happy paying 20 bucks every 4 months. Please don't look at this and think. I wonder how we can use this.

everyone including myself predicted that when they announced that all the maps would be free. MS gotta make money somewhere. They made the DLC maps free because they expect to make a lot more money off a smaller number of people with microtransactions.

Sounds too much like P2W for my tastes.

I'd possibly be all for cosmetic microtransactions that doesn't affect gameplay at all in exchange for free content.

everyone including myself predicted that when they announced that all the maps would be free. MS gotta make money somewhere. They made the DLC maps free because they expect to make a lot more money off a smaller number of people with microtransactions.

That is a horrible trade off though. Giving players access to weapons and vehicles in a game like this?

I mean, imagine if bungie let you pay 50 cents for a heavy ammo pack in PvP anytime you wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom