• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Attack the poster instead of addressing the argument.

So you DO or DON'T want me to throw rocks at you. :p

I'm on the fence. I hope the game will be good, as it will likely be the only near term reason to pick up a Bone.

TWO IN ONE DAY EDIT TOP OF THE PAGE POLL

Who will be the next BNG poster on DGAF?

1) Deej
2) Luke
3) Urk
4) wild card/other

Ah, ok. Looking at the Amazon page for the Legendary Edition it looks like it is just a physical version of the Digital Collector's Edition.

Yes but it's $20 cheaper and does't give you the CE stuff like emotes, shaders etc.

You get vanilla game + TBD + HoW + TKK for $60, so that's a sweet deal.

Obviously if you want the CE stuff you can just buy that for $80 instead.

gatti-man

I'm not seeing a Legendary edition on PSN. The only one I see is the Digital Collector's Edition.

Yeah, it's getting in a good group that is the problem. I honestly have very little patience for organizing groups and playing around other peoples schedules. I enjoyed the one raid I played, but it's not worth the frustration for me.

R/fireteams on reddit. It usually takes less than two minutes to get a prison of elders group going about 10 minutes for a raid. My first 2 Poe 35 runs were reddit pick up groups and they were both smooth. I've had great success. Alien blue for iPhone is a really good redditt mobile app too.

ocean

Banned
I take this responsibility seriously and will make DGAF proud. Of course said in Sam the Eagle voice.

Lol Homeboyd you see the problem there, right? Luke is better at talking AND game design. Houston we have a problem. As a Community guy you should have the fans eating out of your hand, not ready to burn you in effigy. He goes more for "pretty prose" than "connect with constituents." Sad. :(

Dude I eagerly await the pay per view of Unstable, Drizzy and
me
TG (yeah I'm saying TG because I think like Arnold he'll be back) match against Luke Deej and whoever else they have. That. Would. Rock.
Time for a bad analogy!

This is like a dad who spends all his time at work and whenever the kids see him he's got gifts or ice cream. Mom is home all day and makes me do chores and enforces my curfew and says "that's enough Destiny sweetheart, turn it off before you show up in the news like those GTA kids". Dad is the good guy, mom is the witch.

Luke is really cool but nobody tags him when they post "BUNGIE FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME" or "FUCK YOU CROTA IS BULLSHIT" etc. Deej has an extremely annoying and roundabout way of giving us answers we don't like, but these aren't his answers. He's the proverbial messenger people keep virtual-killing.

I mean I'd be happier with a Luke-type personality answering "nope, can't do it" when we ask for more Vault space instead of a 30 line poem about decisions and story and attachment and the meaning of life and sorry but not at this moment in Deejspeak. But I'll still be annoyed that I don't like the answer.

The writing style isn't really the reason people have accumulated a certain disdain for Deej, it's the fact that he's the voice for all of Bungie's decisions. If it were Luke or anyone else running the CM job, no matter how cool the tone, people would be tired of getting shut down or ignored by now.

While it seems like the problem is Deej, I don't think personality would change much. It's a job that's gonna get you on the community's nerves eventually just because you're the face associated with requests and delays and disappointments and unfixed glitches etc.

So even if Deej did a 180 and started actually answering shit (including answers like sorry can't say, plain and simple) it wouldn't make people suddenly love the guy.

OkayRene

While we're talking about Halo, I'm considering picking up an Xbox One, and it seems they're all bundled with MCC. Is online co-op campaign in that game broken? Or is it strictly the multiplayer stuff that is?

Kyne

Separate loot tables. Some weapons are exclusive to hard mode, though you can still get normal loot to drop on hard, but not the other way around.

Hard exclusive:

Fatebringer - Templar
Praetorian Foil - Oracles
Praedyth's Timepiece - Gatekeepers
Vex Mythoclast - Atheon
Timebreaker sparrow and Aspect of Glass ship - Atheon

Out of Passage Coins? Buy your boons with real money! We will even allow you to buy as many as you want, not just one per card. :(

Praetorian Foil drops on Oracles Hard.
Fatebringer drops on Templar Hard.
Praedyths Timepice drops on Gatekeepers Hard.
Vex Mythoclast drops on Atheon Hard.

Aside from that, when you do hard you get all the possible rewards for normal, unlike Crotas end, which is why most ppl just do hard mode to save time.

VoG normal:
Boots gloves chest
Found Verdict
Atheon Epilogue
Praedyth's Revenge
Praedyth's Timepiece (I think - I stand corrected)
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance

VoG Hard:
Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Vex Mythoclast
Helmet

I'm likely missing things like ships shards and shaders. (And sparrows)

Double rewards. So doing HM also drops NM rewards so you only have to do it once.

There's also certain weapons and armor that only drop in HM, such as Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, Praetorian Foil, Vex Mythoclast, VoG helmets.

Thanks everyone :)

If you do VoG hard mode first, will you still get weekly reset loot if you do normal mode after?

I could say to read the thread and to see why it's such an non-issue. But I figured that would be obvious.

Apparently not?

I'm actually posting in that thread. But thanks for the heads up. I was just sharing the information here because there is a lot of cross over and comparisons between Halo and Desitny.

Dude, seriously? What's with the attitude?

Omni

While we're talking about Halo, I'm considering picking up an Xbox One, and it seems they're all bundled with MCC. Is online co-op campaign in that game broken? Or is it strictly the multiplayer stuff that is?

Co-op is more or less fine. The campaigns have always been the best part of the collection.

Multiplayer is alright. I think it's more to do with population at this point though

Multiplayer is decent currently. Some issues remain but it's definitely functional. The online coop I've never had a problem with. Campaign stuff has been solid since launch... The only issue is when the host leaves it takes the entire party out as well. Not sure if that's intentional or if they plan to fix it at some point lol.

If you do VoG hard mode first, will you still get weekly reset loot if you do normal mode after?

No. If you do hard first, you get double loot table drops from bosses and checkpoints. Doing it on normal afterwards gets you nothing, save for one chest that can be opened a second time.

Calcium

Banned
Yes but it's $20 cheaper and does't give you the CE stuff like emotes, shaders etc.

The $80 version is on sale for $45 currently. That's the one I'm talking about, so I get all that stuff for less than the Legendary Edition.

OkayRene

Co-op is more or less fine. The campaigns have always been the best part of the collection.

Multiplayer is alright. I think it's more to do with population at this point though

Multiplayer is decent currently. Some issues remain but it's definitely functional. The online coop I've never had a problem with. Campaign stuff has been solid since launch... The only issue is when the host leaves it takes the entire party out as well. Not sure if that's intentional or if they plan to fix it at some point lol.

Sweet that's really encouraging. I've been getting the itch to replay the old campaigns.

ocean

Banned

If you do Normal first, you get loot from the Normal table. You can then run Hard and earn loot again from the expanded Hard loot table (which includes the normal one).

So if you run Heroic without having run Normal first, you get 2x the loot. More importantly, both loot rolls are drawn from the Heroic table. So if you do Normal and then Heroic, you have 1 chance at Fatebringer. If you skip Normal and do Heroic, you get 2 drops from Templar and either could contain Fatebringer for example. If you're extra lucky, you can even get Fatebringer twice in one run (happened twice to me).

Of course, since you got double loot there will be no rewards for running Normal afterwards.

Oh he's talking about the digital guardian edition. That does not contain TKK or any of the new CE stuff.

Legendary edition is still better cause you get TKK for $15 more.

Kyne

Where does it state that it gives you the emotes?

Time for a bad analogy!

This is like a dad who spends all his time at work and whenever the kids see him he's got gifts or ice cream. Mom is home all day and makes me do chores and enforces my curfew and says "that's enough Destiny sweetheart, turn it off before you show up in the news like those GTA kids". Dad is the good guy, mom is the witch.

Luke is really cool but nobody tags him when they post "BUNGIE FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME" or "FUCK YOU CROTA IS BULLSHIT" etc. Deej has an extremely annoying and roundabout way of giving us answers we don't like, but these aren't his answers. He's the proverbial messenger people keep virtual-killing.

I mean I'd be happier with a Luke-type personality answering "nope, can't do it" when we ask for more Vault space instead of a 30 line poem about decisions and story and attachment and the meaning of life and sorry but not at this moment in Deejspeak. But I'll still be annoyed that I don't like the answer.

The writing style isn't really the reason people have accumulated a certain disdain for Deej, it's the fact that he's the voice for all of Bungie's decisions. If it were Luke or anyone else running the CM job, no matter how cool the tone, people would be tired of getting shut down or ignored by now.

While it seems like the problem is Deej, I don't think personality would change much. It's a job that's gonna get you on the community's nerves eventually just because you're the face associated with requests and delays and disappointments and unfixed glitches etc.

So even if Deej did a 180 and started actually answering shit (including answers like sorry can't say, plain and simple) it wouldn't make people suddenly love the guy.

I love this analogy.

Also, I think what hurts Deej is that you can tell he isn't a natural player for these types of games. Like, he is a PR guy first, and a Gamer like... 7th or something. There are little things he does in the few times we've seen him play that tells me he doesn't do this on a regular basis. He probably plays Destiny as part of his homework, and that's about the extent of it.

Because of this, I feel like there is a natural loss in communication between the community and the devs, in both directions.I think this is where a lot of the strain actually comes from. Because Deej doesn't really fully understand the player concerns, he can't 100% relate them to the devs in the right way. Similarly, he doesn't know the right questions to ask the devs to actually get information that he CAN share with us.

hydruxo

@UrkMcGurk: Hey! We have a kick ass, permanently exclusive rewards pack for existing players. It's called "Founders Fortune" and it is AWESOME. (1/2)

@UrkMcGurk: Founder's Fortune commemorates people who hit 30 or played TDB & HoW before 9/1. We'll never make it available to anyone else. (2/2)

@UrkMcGurk: We'll get some better stuff up on http://Bungie.net soon to show Founder's Fortune off. I want this stuff. I think you will, too.

https://twitter.com/UrkMcGurk

OkayRene

I love this analogy.

Also, I think what hurts Deej is that you can tell he isn't a natural player for these types of games. Like, he is a PR guy first, and a Gamer like... 7th or something. There are little things he does in the few times we've seen him play that tells me he doesn't do this on a regular basis. He probably plays Destiny as part of his homework, and that's about the extent of it.

Because of this, I feel like there is a natural loss in communication between the community and the devs, in both directions.I think this is where a lot of the strain actually comes from. Because Deej doesn't really fully understand the player concerns, he can't 100% relate them to the devs in the right way. Similarly, he doesn't know the right questions to ask the devs to actually get information that he CAN share with us.

Totally agree with you. He's also doesn't come across as empathetic. Luke, on the other hand—who I believe was once a Bungie CM?—seemed to really empathize with Jeff and Brad's criticisms in last night's interview without coming off as defensive.

Where does it state that it gives you the emotes?

Both physical and digital CE.

Digital Collector’s Edition Includes:
• The Taken King
• Destiny
• Expansion I: The Dark Below
• Expansion II: House of Wolves
• Early access weapons pack**
• Digital Content: 3 Exotic Guardian Class items with XP bonuses, 3 class-specific emotes, and 3 armor shaders.

ocean

Banned
I love this analogy.

Actually he's very much a gamer. If I recall correctly, he was an extremely active member of the Halo community before working for Bungie, organizing clans and competitive play.

ocean

Banned
Yay Bungie! I'm glad they listen to us. Very interested in seeing what Founder's Fortune stuff contains.
I think this is the VIP reward we've been told about from the very beginning.

I doubt anyone at Bungie ever imagined hundreds of lootgreedy adults would raise a shit show over - wait for it - shaders and class items :p

Actually he's very much a gamer. If I recall correctly, he was an extremely active member of the Halo community before working for Bungie, organizing clans and competitive play.

I just find that so hard to believe. Especially after watching him play Prison of Elders.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is that he doesn't reload his own weapon. Like he'll have a gun with a 32 bullet max mag. He'll kill something and only have 7 bullets left. He doesn't reload. He'll run around for a while, plenty of time to reload, but he doesn't. Then he engages the next fight with those 7 bullets, only to not kill something. Then get shot at while he IS reloading in the middle of combat.

That's like FPS 101.

I also remember watching him launch a Nova Bomb at a Single Major Hive unit. When behind him was literally like a combination of 8 thralls and acolytes. Naturally the Hive Major just took like 40% damage, but didn't die. Then Deej died like 4 seconds later.

That's surprising to me, especially given his total lack of strategic play in the Prison of Elders stream (such as not using elemental weapons for burn modifier rounds).

Exactly! Stuff like this.

LTWood12

That's surprising to me, especially given his total lack of strategic play in the Prison of Elders stream (such as not using elemental weapons for burn modifier rounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom