• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I think this is the VIP reward we've been told about from the very beginning.

I doubt anyone at Bungie ever imagined hundreds of lootgreedy adults would raise a shit show over - wait for it - shaders and class items :p
Yes it is. But I wonder how many people knew about this...
I don't really give a damn about the few items the CE edition got, we'll already be getting our fair share of useless cosmetic stuff from this "VIP package" anyways, and since they don't seem too keen on adding more vault space... ^^

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Emblem, shader and sparrow, what else.

I doubt anyone at Bungie ever imagined hundreds of lootgreedy adults would raise a shit show over - wait for it - shaders and class items :p

We know of three:
A shader
An emblem
A sparrow

That's the items they called VIP/Founder stuff over the past two days.
That's it? :(

Namikaze1

Dammit. I'm trying to find the picture of the Founder's Fortune items we already know of. It's not that picture showing the symbols. There was a pic posted over the past two days showing how the shader looks like on guardians and what the sparrow looks like.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Oh wow :(

CHy21_EUEAAZGNo.png

Thanks Grim, ipitythafool and n0oblet for joining me on some NF runs. Chatting about games made this boring strike fun. Rained exotics as well:

hNj2jTql.jpg

Daemul

I've just pre ordered the beautiful new XBO Elite Controller, meaning I'm ready for Halo 5. It sucks that I won't get a chance to play TTK expansion with it though, since the controller releases in October and I'll be finished with the expansion by then. :(

Nuszka

Think the Vip rewards are different from the Founders package, first one could be received for people who got the full TTK edition without playing destiny but hit lvl 30 before january next year. Founders package closing date seems to be 1st of september this year. Lets hope i am right.
Edit: seems i am wrong :(

LTWood12

Here's a link to Deej's PSN Guardian. A level 31 Warlock. One raid clear.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/8011

I'm sure this isn't the whole picture. Maybe he plays a lot on test accounts at the office? But geez if for nothing else but public appearances, this is pretty lackluster for the community manager.

Obviously, this doesn't make him a bad guy or anything. But part of being a community manager should be getting out there and actually playing w/ the community.

Namikaze1

Think the Vip rewards are different from the Founders package, first one could be received for people who got the full TTK edition without playing destiny but hit lvl 30 before january next year. Founders package closing date seems to be 1st of september this year. Lets hope i am right.

AS A THANK YOU TO OUR MOST LOYAL FANS WHO HAVE REACHED LIGHT LEVEL 30 OR WHO PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II BY AUGUST 31, 2015, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE COMMEMORATIVE FOUNDER’S FORTUNE YEAR 1 EMBLEM, SPARROW, ARMOR SHADER AND MORE AT LAUNCH WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF THE TAKEN KING

VIP Items = Founder's Fortune items

Here's a link to Deej's PSN Guardian. A level 31 Warlock. One raid clear.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/8011

I'm sure this isn't the whole picture. Maybe he plays a lot on test accounts at the office? But geez if for nothing else but public appearances, this is pretty lackluster for the community manager.

Obviously, this doesn't make him a bad guy or anything. But part of being a community manager should be getting out there and actually playing w/ the community.

This just furthers my point really. He's PR first, gamer 2nd (or 7th, whatever...).

Though, you've reminded me, now. Does bungie even still do the 6v6 PvP nights anymore? The ones where you win the emblems for beating them? I feel like I haven't seen one of those since December.

LTWood12

This just furthers my point really. He's PR first, gamer 2nd (or 7th, whatever...).

Though, you've reminded me, now. Does bungie even still do the 6v6 PvP nights anymore? The ones where you win the emblems for beating them? I feel like I haven't seen one of those since December.

He's never even cleared a single prison of elders on his playstation character. And only 3 on his xbox character. Looks like he hasn't done higher than the level 32.

So it makes me wonder if he even really gets it when people tweet him about the deeper mechanics of the game, broken encounters, etc.

Daemul

I can't believe there's all this fuss over fucking emotes. I would gladly give up all the current emotes to be able to hotkey items to the dpad instead. Not having to go into the inventory to use heavy synth would be a game changer.

I know it'll never happen, but I wish I would get the VIP rewards when I buy TTK legendary bundle on xbox one.

Problem is, I had the beta, vanilla Destiny, and both expansions on PS3, so they won't transfer over

oracrest

Hey DestinyGAF!

I wanted to ask if there are any Xbone players on here that would be interested in doing (helping) me and some friends out with doing the harder missions, but playing through them legitimately. A few of us were talking about how we would love to play through these, but almost every player we run into that helps is all about doing all these quirky exploits and work arounds.

More simply, we are interested in the challenge of playing "as the designer intended."

I figured GAF players might be interested in this, or at least patient enough to play through with a few of us who are having fun learning the hard way some of these higher end missions and raids.

(We are in the 32-34 level ranges, so the missions that are hard relative to that.)

rNilla

"and more* usually refers to stuff which wasn't deemed exciting enough to make the top 3 list. The Sparrow, Shader and Emblem will be the best things we'll get.

and more

What are people expecting though? An exclusive Gjallarhorn 2.0? I can sympathize to an extent but none of this digital cosmetic stuff is worth getting worked up over.

Morning DGAF!

So destinystatus.com is pretty legit right? I was checking stats and my total time played(in orbit and tower included) and today I hit 30 days played in this game which is like 732 hours. That's the longest I have played any game by far with the exception of maybe halo 2 back in the day...

Just crazy to me how long this game has held my attention.

What sucks though is I am at 30 days played without a Ghorn or Hawkmoon. Pretty much my only two exotics I don't have from year one. I think I will pass out when I get my first ghally...

He's never even cleared a single prison of elders on his playstation character. And only 3 on his xbox character. Looks like he hasn't done higher than the level 32.

So it makes me wonder if he even really gets it when people tweet him about the deeper mechanics of the game, broken encounters, etc.

Exactly. I mean, obviously he is doing an okay job. Stuff is making it through, we just can't tell how well, and occasionally we feel like the message is lost somewhere.

I don't want to sound like I think Deej is incompetent. I just think he has this working against him, and it's only going to become more apparent as time goes on.

Thankfully other devs and community members are all over the internet researching as well, so that helps alleviate some of that loss in communication.

Shito

"and more* usually refers to stuff which wasn't deemed exciting enough to make the top 3 list. The Sparrow, Shader and Emblem will be the best things we'll get.
We will probably get class items on top of that, which is the most exciting thing for me, but they won't talk about it because they either are not finalized yet, or because they are still debating on stuff like allowing us to reroll those class items or not.
They also want to keep things to announce in their weekly update in the coming months.
I'm sure the VIP package will not be ground-breaking, but I'm confident we'll get a few good things out of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom