• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

What are people expecting though? An exclusive Gjallarhorn 2.0? I can sympathize to an extent but none of this digital cosmetic stuff is worth getting worked up over.

I agree, no idea why the fuck people are willing to spend an extra $40 for this shit. C'mon guys, don't let Bungie win.

EDIT:TOP!!! TITAN MASTER RACE!!!!

CHqK_TMUsAEvxJO.jpg

ocean

Banned
September 25th is my first guess on the last day I'll ever see someone wearing the CE shaders or class items, and that's a long shot.

Remember the Ghost edition codes which leaked and we entered on Bnet before launch? Remember those shaders and emblems we got?

Yeah I don't either.

Hey DestinyGAF!

I wanted to ask if there are any Xbone players on here that would be interested in doing (helping) me and some friends out with doing the harder missions, but playing through them legitimately. A few of us were talking about how we would love to play through these, but almost every player we run into that helps is all about doing all these quirky exploits and work arounds.

More simply, we are interested in the challenge of playing "as the designer intended."

I figured GAF players might be interested in this, or at least patient enough to play through with a few of us who are having fun learning the hard way some of these higher end missions and raids.

(We are in the 32-34 level ranges, so the missions that are hard relative to that.)
Hello, since this thread is majority of ps4 players, the best way I can help you is to direct you to the OP since there is a list of xbone players :)

Daemul

September 25th is my first guess on the last day I'll ever see someone wearing the CE shaders or class items, and that's a long shot.

Remember the Ghost edition codes which leaked and we entered on Bnet before launch? Remember those shaders and emblems we got?

Yeah I don't either.

Never heard of them :p

I actually wasted time redeeming all of those codes, it was utterly pointless.

Urk praising the Founder's pack is such a misreading of the community's frustration. The Founder's Pack is great. No one is complaining about the Founder's Pack. People are upset that cool, unique things (class emotes, exotic class items, etc) are locked behind editions of the game that require rebuying the game. Sigh.

Urk repping Founder's pack shows that they don't have plans to change anything that's currently being offered. These things take a lot of time to create and vet with retailers and Sony/MS. Even if they were changing things, they a) can't announce it now, which would dampen pre-orders and b) wouldn't be available for a while anyway.

X-Frame

OK. Raid Night Extravaganza. I should be available from 5 PM CDT onward.

I may jump into Owensboro's inaugural Vault run first if it doesn't fill up. Otherwise, here's what I have so far:

Hard Crota's End

1. Wafer Time
2. X-Frame ???
3. ColonelCornyVO
4. Namikraze
5. warlockDeaths?
6. heRAWRs???

Did I miss anyone?

I will gladly run more raids (either) afterwards if people want to do it 2-3x or other people want some raid action.

S U R O S R E G I M E

Yo! Appreciate this but I don't get home from work until 7 PM EST the earliest. No worries though maybe I can catch your second or third run tonight or even the weekend would be the best probably.

I may not be able to play at all until late tonight. I have almost expired meat to cook before it goes bad. :/

Gaf pls tell me I Can keep this matador 64, I dont wanna waste weapon parts re-rolling. Perks seem good:

Shot package
Luck in the chamber
Rifled barrel

Problem is ballistics. I got 3 tier 3 ballistics. :(

Can I still ohko ppl without agressive, acur, linear or field choke?

rNilla

Yo! Appreciate this but I don't get home from work until 7 PM EST the earliest. No worries though maybe I can catch your second or third run tonight or even the weekend would be the best probably.

I may not be able to play at all until late tonight. I have almost expired meat to cook before it goes bad. :/

Well poop. If we miss you I'm happy to organize another run for a time that works for you. I should be on some this weekend as well.

Gaf pls tell me I Can keep this matador 64, I dont wanna waste weapon parts re-rolling. Perks seem good:

Shot package
Luck in the chamber
Rifled barrel

You absolutely can, but every time you don't it will play on your mind...

Biggy

Oh, hah, yeah. I've just had horrible luck when trying to start or join a Raid group. I either just miss a group or just never get any responses for starting a raid and get discouraged/bored of asking people to join. 1. it always feels like I'm spamming the page and/or begging, and 2. It brings back flashbacks of old WoW, idling in Ironforge, spamming "LFG STRATHOLME NEED 1 TANK" in chat, which is just the most awful way to spend my free time. I'm getting a little proactive this time and trying to set one up 12 hours in advance :)

EDIT: New Page, New Post!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. have not decided normal or hard mode yet!
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan] (No Mode Vote)
2. Jignx (No Mode Vote)
X. silver.tongue (PSN: silvertonguebr) (Hard Mode Only)
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

Haven't done a raid in a while, I'm down psn biggy70686

ocean

Banned

Shot package
Luck in the chamber
Rifled barrel

Of course you can. These perk tiers are nice guidelines but except for a few (Shot Package in Shotguns for instance or proximity detonation for PvP RLs) none should be deal breakers.

Your Matador is a beast and whenever you miss a one shot kill, 9/10 times won't be because you didn't have Aggressive Ballistics.

ethomaz

Banned

Shot package
Luck in the chamber
Rifled barrel

Yes you can.

Aggressive Ballistics only gives you about 10% more damage...

I'd prefer a $70 digital pack with TTK + DLC III + DLC IV - a year 2 season pass.

Yeah this is what they need to do. It's ridiculous that they don't have it, and it's ridiculous how they're absolutely saying "fuck you" to year one players with this Collector's Edition requiring a re-purchase of Destiny vanilla and DLC 1&2 crap. Did they not learn after Dark Below and Exotics?

Stop shitting on your dedicated players!

Fucking Bungie and fucking Activision. Idiots.

Shot package
Luck in the chamber
Rifled barrel

Field choke is fine. You're better off with kneepads instead of luck in the chamber though.

Only Warzone or not, doesn't matter. It's the start of a new pricing scheme. It just means that as the future goes on, if this proves profitable, they'll try to push it into other playlists.

Earning stuff in normal play is standard microstransaction process though.

Give a small flow to the regular player so they get a taste in hopes they'll get impatient and just buy more in-game currency to speed along the process.

From the other thread:

Not sure how the above could be described as "Not pay to win"
It's not a new pricing scheme, EA did the exact same thing in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. In fact, they did it in Battlefield 4 AND charged money for the maps too (the DLC was free in Garden Warfare and Mass Effect 3.)

ocean

Banned
Yeah this is what they need to do. It's ridiculous that they don't have it, and it's ridiculous how they're absolutely saying "fuck you" to year one players with this Collector's Edition requiring a re-purchase of Destiny vanilla and DLC 1&2 crap. Did they not learn after Dark Below and Exotics?

Stop shitting on your dedicated players!

Fucking Bungie and fucking Activision. Idiots.
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure bundles and SKUs and pricing are all determined by the publisher, not the developer.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure bundles and SKUs and pricing are all determined by the publisher, not the developer.

Activision are sleazy and greedy, and Bungie are spineless and clueless, then.

I'll wait. Hopefully they get the message and re-think how they're launching this for existing players.

vctor182

Skolas is a lot more fun after the patch, Crota is 100 times more fun after raising the light level and Atheon has always been fun.All PvE end game content is fun?? what is this madness??

jtrov

Hey DestinyGAF!

I wanted to ask if there are any Xbone players on here that would be interested in doing (helping) me and some friends out with doing the harder missions, but playing through them legitimately. A few of us were talking about how we would love to play through these, but almost every player we run into that helps is all about doing all these quirky exploits and work arounds.

More simply, we are interested in the challenge of playing "as the designer intended."

I figured GAF players might be interested in this, or at least patient enough to play through with a few of us who are having fun learning the hard way some of these higher end missions and raids.

(We are in the 32-34 level ranges, so the missions that are hard relative to that.)
I'm definitely down to join you guys. Just shoot me a FR over XBL. My GT is jtrov.

RickD

Titans Get a Hammer.
But it's on Fire.

On Fire

amazing.

Also Loving Luke Smith in that vidoc about the VOG chest.

I showed my son the vidoc, and had to laugh when he said "aren't they the same levels" he doesn't even play destiny but likes watching me play. He's excited to watch us kill Crota's dad.

So excited for the next expansion after HoW. I actually really liked Dark Below, and thought HoW wasn't (isn't) very good and has eased me off destiny for a bit. I was literally taking my PS3/4 into work and telling my wife i had OT just to play without her complaining, thats how much i liked/loved/addicted to Destiny.

Met some amazing people who i'm friends with IRL now, even at other branches in work. It's been an amazing ride, it's an amazing game and i'm really looking forward to sticking a flaming hammer somewhere the sun doesn't shine in Oryx.
I think it's been a learning experience over the last year for everyone, even the players. And i just hope i can take my 3 gjallahorns with me all the way to year x

ocean

Banned
Activision are sleazy and greedy, and Bungie are spineless and clueless, then.

I'll wait. Hopefully they get the message and re-think how they're launching this for existing players.
Sad that developers need to accept the crazy terms set by publishers in order to get the funding they need for massive projects like this one. Like whether this gets fixed or not, I'm sure it's frustrating for Bungie to catch the heat for a decision that they probably dislike too but can't directly overrule.

That said, giving people some dumb shaders and class items well forget about in a week seems like an easy way to fix this pointless and unnecessary controversy.

Cue a Hueber just do it GIF.

Lee

Hey DestinyGAF!

I'd be happy to help. I'll be on tonight from 7:30pm MST onwards for a few hours. GT: Trip Like I Do

Titans Get a Hammer.
But it's on Fire.

On Fire

amazing.

Also Loving Luke Smith in that vidoc about the VOG chest.

I showed my son the vidoc, and had to laugh when he said "aren't they the same levels" he doesn't even play destiny but likes watching me play. He's excited to watch us kill Crota's dad.

So excited for the next expansion after HoW. I actually really liked Dark Below, and thought HoW wasn't (isn't) very good and has eased me off destiny for a bit. I was literally taking my PS3/4 into work and telling my wife i had OT just to play without her complaining, thats how much i liked/loved/addicted to Destiny.

Met some amazing people who i'm friends with IRL now, even at other branches in work. It's been an amazing ride, it's an amazing game and i'm really looking forward to sticking a flaming hammer somewhere the sun doesn't shine in Oryx.
I think it's been a learning experience over the last year for everyone, even the players. And i just hope i can take my 3 gjallahorns with me all the way to year x

Rick, this is your wife. I knew what you were doing the entire time. I was ok with it because, while you were putting in overtime, I was playing Destiny as well.

Homeboyd

How's the PoE 35 with no Skolas burn? More annoying? Easier? Longer fight?
It's easier and harder if that makes any sense. It's much harder than burning him down with gjally's or void snipers, but it's easier in that being touched by an add won't immediately kill you. You can control the tempo of the fight. You do actually have to have perfect communication with your team as you're fighting off adds, passing the debuff and taking down mines. One death is pretty difficult to recover from due to the debuff.

It's a lot of fun when your team gets the strategy down, but it can take some time to get there. Yes the fight is much longer now.

They can bundle however they want, but I need a monetary reason to pre-order. If they want my monies up front, it'll take more than baubles.

I think a lot of people stuck around because they had the DLC pre-purchased with the original CE for an extra $30. I can see people having to consciously spend $20 per DLC twice in 2016 leading up to Destiny 2 hurting the franchise.

ocean

Banned
They can bundle however they want, but I need a monetary reason to pre-order. If they want my monies up front, it'll take more than baubles.

I think a lot of people stuck around because they had the DLC pre-purchased with the original CE for an extra $30. I can see people having to consciously spend $20 per DLC twice in 2016 leading up to Destiny 2 hurting the franchise.
As it is, there's no current incentive to pre order except for the limited availability physical CE. I can't think of a single reason to pre order now on PSN.

Unlike, say, Amazon pre orders on PSN you actually pay upfront and there's zero benefit in doing so right now.

A TTK+Season Pass 2 digital pre order would have been a more enticing idea. As it is, I'll buy my TTK DLC a week or so before launch. Not because I'm waiting on a bundle change - doubt that's happening - but because a rational person will pay later instead of sooner assuming everything else is constant.

Sad that developers need to accept the crazy terms set by publishers in order to get the funding they need for massive projects like this one. Like whether this gets fixed or not, I'm sure it's frustrating for Bungie to catch the heat for a decision that they probably dislike too but can't directly overrule.

That said, giving people some dumb shaders and class items well forget about in a week seems like an easy way to fix this pointless and unnecessary controversy.

Cue a Hueber just do it GIF.

Exactly. It's not even a big deal considering what they are - it's the principle of it all. If they did the exact opposite there would be zero fucks given, but they decided to just give their more dedicated supporters the shaft. You want it? Buy our game twice. Yeah... fuck you too, ActiBungle. Fuck you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom