• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled upon this:

https://youtu.be/7dLylr284qc

Its cringe worthy. Not only is he insulting his opponents, but also his own guys. Calling down syndrome, retards et al.

Nghtly has one with Goth. Not sure if he uploaded it.
:lol wow too much "drama" for me..good thing I dont pay attention to twitch, youtubers or any of these people.

edit: If you read this, I hope you are doing well Zoba!

Shito

Carried my gf and another friend through PoE 32.
She gets the new hunter boots from the big chest at the end.
She only plays a titan, so she discards them in front of me.

It still stings a bit...

Lnkn52

Trophy hunting ... Looking for clan members from Either Kiss (Kadey) or School of Hawk to help me complete a raid or strike. Any takers?

Edit: or PoE

M3Rocket

I wouldn't call most of the criticisms in here "toxic" towards Deej. Sure, many of us think he could do a better job. But I don't think he should outright be fired. If you want a toxic environment as an example, I'd point to Reddit.

I didn't say that most of the criticisms here were "toxic." I said there are/were ones like that. Yes, Reddit is far worse. That's because they also have a far greater number of people there. And it takes all kinds.

We all want the "right" answers from our supposed representative to the Bungie team. It's easy to criticize how that message gets conveyed to us. But we really don't have the full scoop as to how and/or why some things are the way they are. We can postulate and deduce from snippets here and there.

For example, the Vault space issue. I have thought for awhile now that it's a technical limitation of the previous-gen hardware--specifically memory related. It took a long time for Bungie to address it, and by doing it, they actually have to remove the compare feature on previous-gen.

Well, that tells me that they have done all they can with the present code and that the only way to get multiple pages of inventory, etc. would require re-tooling the way they handle that issue "in the tower." The architecture of the vault space both visually and code-wise is severely limited by the requirement to be previous-gen compatible. That is also the same reason why it takes much longer to pull up the inventory screen on any previous-gen Guardian since stuff has to be swapped in and out of RAM.

So yes--I would like more vault space. But I can't imagine DeeJ himself understanding the technical difficulties of doing so. And marketing-wise, no one in marketing is going to want the development team to just come out and say--yeah, we're mired in limitations from the marketing requirement to develop and run Destiny on previous-gen hardware.

Carried my gf and another friend through PoE 32.
She gets the new hunter boots from the big chest at the end.
She only plays a titan, so she discards them in front of me.

It still stings a bit...
I just got those boots last night from PoE 28.

Quadruple jump is the truth. I can't ever see myself using these in any meaningful situation though. But they are quite fun to mess around with.

...if only they worked with blink...

GhaleonEB

I wouldn't call most of the criticisms in here "toxic" towards Deej. Sure, many of us think he could do a better job. But I don't think he should outright be fired. If you want a toxic environment as an example, I'd point to Reddit.

I think DestinyGAF is a pretty good community, but we do veer into ugly territory now and then. I read a post on GAF this morning calling him a fool and that he should be fired. I think it was in this thread, though I can't find it offhand.

LTWood12

I didn't say that most of the criticisms here were "toxic." I said there are/were ones like that. Yes, Reddit is far worse. That's because they also have a far greater number of people there. And it takes all kinds.

We all want the "right" answers from our supposed representative to the Bungie team. It's easy to criticize how that message gets conveyed to us. But we really don't have the full scoop as to how and/or why some things are the way they are. We can postulate and deduce from snippets here and there.

For example, the Vault space issue. I have thought for awhile now that it's a technical limitation of the previous-gen hardware--specifically memory related. It took a long time for Bungie to address it, and by doing it, they actually have to remove the compare feature on previous-gen.

Well, that tells me that they have done all they can with the present code and that the only way to get multiple pages of inventory, etc. would require re-tooling the way they handle that issue "in the tower." The architecture of the vault space both visually and code-wise is severely limited by the requirement to be previous-gen compatible. That is also the same reason why it takes much longer to pull up the inventory screen on any previous-gen Guardian since stuff has to be swapped in and out of RAM.

So yes--I would like more vault space. But I can't imagine DeeJ himself understanding the technical difficulties of doing so. And marketing-wise, no one in marketing is going to want the development team to just come out and say--yeah, we're mired in limitations from the marketing requirement to develop and run Destiny on previous-gen hardware.

I think DestinyGAF is a pretty good community, but we do veer into ugly territory now and then. I read a post on GAF this morning calling him a fool and that he should be fired. I think it was in this thread, though I can't find it offhand.

Hmm, I had an exchange w/ Kor this morning where we were talking about Deej not actually playing Destiny all that much. I linked to his bungie profile and just said it seemed odd to me that a community manager only had a single raid clear, and had never even done a 34 PoE. Seems like part of being a community manager is playing w/ the community.

I don't recall anyone w/ torches & pitchforks, but I don't read every post.

M3Rocket

Goth accused of Nghtly purposely matchmaking to go against him. Of course when they did, Nghtly and his crew embarassed Goth. Nghtly and the devil are banned from being mentioned on his stream.

Nghtly went into great lengths in his stream describing this. Funnily, the 13 Devils crew (mostly very, very young and in their early teens even) seem to be so much more mature than almost all of these other "adult" streamers. They are nothing but cordial and polite to everyone.

Shito

I just got those boots last night from PoE 28.

Quadruple jump is the truth. I can't ever see myself using these in any meaningful situation though. But they are quite fun to mess around with.

...if only they worked with blink...
I want to be flying across the bridge in CE without using the blink thing, and I want to try them out with the modifier making us do more damage while airborne. I want to hop around fallen captains and shotgun them to death, while I maniacally laugh at the situation.
Xur, heed my call!

Stumbled upon this:

https://youtu.be/7dLylr284qc

Its cringe worthy. Not only is he insulting his opponents, but also his own guys. Calling down syndrome, retards et al.

This is hilariously bad.

He has no communication at all.

He doesn't call out anything he says or does. Saying some guy is absolute doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't say where he is absolute at.

Also, he gave up the moment he died. He didn't communicate anything from his kill cam. If I'm dead, you bet your ass I'm calling out every single movement I can make out from that red silhouette.

is he using a mouse?

I thought that at first to, because of the clicking noises, but then I saw him do that annoying little baby circle rotation that pro gamers do to heighten their stick-play.

Is anyone else getting crazy youtube loading speeds?

Like, every link in this thread has taken roughly 25-35 seconds before the ads are even loading.

whoa

CH0C_UBWUAA1W5z.jpg:large

CH0DVZ5WUAIogqJ.jpg:large

Hmm, I had an exchange w/ Kor this morning where we were talking about Deej not actually playing Destiny all that much. I linked to his bungie profile and just said it seemed odd to me that a community manager only had a single raid clear, and had never even done a 34 PoE. Seems like part of being a community manager is playing w/ the community.
Don't Bungie folks play a ton with test characters on internal builds? His public profile may be only the tip of the iceberg.

LTWood12

Don't Bungie folks play a ton with test characters on internal builds? His public profile may be only the tip of the iceberg.

The actual post I'm referring to actually addresses that point.

Here's a link to Deej's PSN Guardian. A level 31 Warlock. One raid clear.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/8011

I'm sure this isn't the whole picture. Maybe he plays a lot on test accounts at the office? But geez if for nothing else but public appearances, this is pretty lackluster for the community manager.

Obviously, this doesn't make him a bad guy or anything. But part of being a community manager should be getting out there and actually playing w/ the community.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you guys haven't actually seen footage of Rift, make sure you to. When you capture the Spark you actually do a slam dunk animation that kills any nearby defenders. You can do a backflip dunk for extra points.
and i'm sure you know how I feel many times over. quoted two at the bottom of this post. imo, a bit worse than "a fool."

So that new "enhanced" motion tracker divides up the pie chart. So where the current radar has 8 sections. The enhanced has 16 sections. So you can more accurately tell what direction they enemy is in.

rNilla

If you guys haven't actually seen footage of Rift, make sure you to. When you capture the Spark you actually do a slam dunk animation that kills any nearby defenders. You can do a backflip dunk for extra points.

I'm really excited about new objective PVP modes. That's my jam. Can't wait for the space dunks.

Lima

Ay this new hunter subclass is my jam. I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.

Going to bed now, expecting to wake up to Xur selling helm engrams so I can get the last exotic helm I need.

LTWood12

and i'm sure you know how I feel many times over. quoted two at the bottom of this post. imo, a bit worse than "a fool."

Hadn't seen that.

Last night, I talked to my friend's son who is in 7th grade and found out he plays Destiny. He told me he goes to the Lighthouse multiple times a week to carry all his friends. He's the most mature little kid ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom