• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats odd about this is the number of circles/orbs.

The current director has 8 orbs

1. Earth
  2. Tower
  3. Moon
  4. Venus
  5. Reef
  6. Mars
  7. Vanguard
  8. Crucible

That new picture also has 8 orbs. So where is the room for new content?

Well most of that new content takes place aboard Oryx's Dreadnaught so that wouldn't be a planet. However the first mission is on Phobos the moon of mars so that should be available.

It's possible that each planet has a sub menu now and tower is moved to the earth sub menu

The actual post I'm referring to actually addresses that point.

I like using destinystatus to look at people's stats. Easier on mobile for me.

http://destinystatus.com/psn/DeeJ_BNG

Not a single rocket launcher kill in pvp? That's no fun.

Last night, I talked to my friend's son who is in 7th grade and found out he plays Destiny. He told me he goes to the Lighthouse multiple times a week to carry all his friends. He's the most mature little kid ever.

Yo, can I get a carry? :p

The actual post I'm referring to actually addresses that point.

Yeah, I don't think he's talking about us. We didn't do anything wrong. We didn't even sound that harsh. We were just being super analytical.

A couple of drive by posters, that I don't think are even regulars here, made some pretty nasty comments, but most of us just ignore those and carry on.

Lee

Lol @ internally calling the Icebreaker the "Gamebreaker" for completely sidestepping the ammo economy.

I wonder what they call the Gjallarhorn.

CH0H6-gWwAAxBsL.jpg:large

rNilla

I think even nitpicking someone's gaming history is a bit much but maybe that's just me.

Still kind of confused if I'm in the Destiny OT or the Deej OT.

M3Rocket

Hmm, I had an exchange w/ Kor this morning where we were talking about Deej not actually playing Destiny all that much. I linked to his bungie profile and just said it seemed odd to me that a community manager only had a single raid clear, and had never even done a 34 PoE. Seems like part of being a community manager is playing w/ the community.

I don't recall anyone w/ torches & pitchforks, but I don't read every post.

Uhhh--not you or Kor. Or even specifically this morning. Just in general. Things like (in no particular order):
"Fucking Bungie and fucking Activision. Idiots."
"Deej is such an F-ing ahole. I wish they would fire him already."
"Yeah... fuck you too, ActiBungle. Fuck you very much."

Do we really think comments like these are conducive to getting any constructive conversation going with Bungie here?

New Playstation exclusive map being shown by Rooster Teeth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aC_KSWBBzI

This looks like the first PS exclusive map that I'm to actually like. Exodus Blue and Timekeeper are pretty lackluster.

I think even nitpicking someone's gaming history is a bit much but maybe that's just me.

Still kind of confused if I'm in the Destiny OT or the Deej OT.

We weren't nitpicking. The whole point LT Wood and I were talking about was that Deej is a PR guy 1st and a gamer 2nd. So we think there is a small break in communication between us, him and the devs.

You can tell by the way he plays (in the few times we've seen him play) that he isn't the best player. This is fine, this does not make him a bad person. LT Wood brought up his play history to reinforce that point.

That was about as harsh as we got.

Frenden

Banned
Uhhh--not you or Kor. Or even specifically this morning. Just in general. Things like (in no particular order):
"Fucking Bungie and fucking Activision. Idiots."
"Deej is such an F-ing ahole. I wish they would fire him already."
"Yeah... fuck you too, ActiBungle. Fuck you very much."

Do we really think comments like these are conducive to getting any constructive conversation going with Bungie here?

Was that in this thread or a topic in Gaming? Folks don't seem to post with that level of vitriol here insofar as I can tell.

At worst, we tend to wish for less floral prose and more direct communication while understanding the limitations of his position. Or, at least, the regulars don't seem to call for his firing or any of the more ridiculous stuff.

Ken

Was that in this thread or a topic in Gaming? Folks don't seem to post with that level of vitriol here insofar as I can tell.

At worst, we tend to wish for lest floral prose and more direct communication while understanding the limitations of his position. Or, at least, the regulars do.

99% sure it was in this thread but witch hunting is dumb so I'll leave it at that.

rNilla

We weren't nitpicking. The whole point LT Wood and I were talking about was that Deej is a PR guy 1st and a gamer 2nd. So we think there is a small break in communication between us, him and the devs.

You can tell by the way he plays (in the few times we've seen him play) that he isn't the best player. This is fine, this does not make him a bad person. LT Wood brought up his play history to reinforce that point.

That was about as harsh as we got.

I understand the point you guys were making and it's valid. Understanding the game is crucial to being able to liaise between the community and Bungie. I don't think skill level really matters though. My point was it feels like it's venturing into too personal territory (and maybe we shouldn't focus so much on a single person).

M3Rocket

At worst, we tend to wish for lest floral prose and more direct communication while understanding the limitations of his position. Or, at least, the regulars don't seem to call for his firing or any of the more ridiculous stuff.

It was here. Don't really read any other NeoGAF threads. :-(

I understand the point you guys were making and it's valid. Understanding the game is crucial to being able to liaise between the community and Bungie. I don't think skill level really matters though. My point was it feels like it's venturing into too personal territory (and maybe we shouldn't focus so much on a single person).

I compare it to when I take my car in for service.

When I go to a dealership I have the service advisor (deej) and the mechanic (the devs).

I can't talk to the mechanic himself so if I tell my service advisor that I need an oil change, I want to know that he is familiar enough to know what oil is, and not just tell the mechanic to top off my fluids.

Edit: Just like how I expect that when I complain about the burns for Skolas, that Deej doesn't just report back that we don't like the encounter.

Owensboro

Thank you to everyone for the Vault of Glass run! It was suuuuuuper easy, but that's probably because everyone's done it a million times.

So now, I have a second question to ask..... Anyone want to do Vault of Glass Hard mode?!?

So far there are 3 of us. I'm going to assume we need experienced people. I'm the only new person in this whole thing, but I have a good feel for the instance now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thank you to everyone for the Vault of Glass run! It was suuuuuuper easy, but that's probably because everyone's done it a million times.

So now, I have a second question to ask..... Anyone want to do Vault of Glass Hard mode?!?

So far there are 3 of us. I'm going to assume we need experienced people. I'm the only new person in this whole thing, but I have a good feel for the instance now.
There are only a few gimmicks on hard that don't exist in normal, although I can't remember any at the moment since it's been a while since I've done either. But, the maze has more Gorgons on hard for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom