• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Yeah we had one person who I'm sure did no damage to the boss because he said he was acting as a "medic" even though we didn't die. He was also a Voidwalker. Sad times.

Did you unlock secret matchmaking for PoE 32 or something?

Yeah we had one person who I'm sure did no damage to the boss because he said he was acting as a "medic" even though we didn't die. He was also a Voidwalker. Sad times.

Yikes. That sounds rough. I'm not a fan of people insisting on "playing their way" so to speak, especially when they don't actually know a lot about the game. Imo it's inconsiderate to waste everyone else's time. Personally I don't like cheesing Oracles but I go along with it since most people aren't comfortable doing it legit and it would probably waste time with multiple wipes. If I really want to "play it my way" then it's up to me to LFG with a group that wants an all-legit run.

Namikaze1

WHERE'S THE REST OF IT?!

CH0aFOjUcAAfNbX.jpg:orig

CH0aCwTVEAETwqu.jpg:orig

Ramirez

naa guess mine just doesnt work the best ones are incendiary and trip mine, ( i even stuck someone once with the trip and it still didnt kill him) but even still they hardly kill on their own the lighting grenade on the titan is op as fuck been killed at full health with two pulses most of the time..

wat

Eyeron

So, I took a long break from this game and have been trying to get up to speed in terms of gear so I can finally experience the raids. I'm at 32 now. Are there any rewards for completing DLC story missions that would increase my survivability and damage output before trying out POE?

Shito

So, I took a long break from this game and have been trying to get up to speed in terms of gear so I can finally experience the raids. I'm at 32 now. Are there any rewards for completing DLC story missions that would increase my survivability and damage output before trying out POE?
You get a key from finishing the DLC story missions, and that's about it.
If you already have one, you can jump into PoE right away, otherwise it would be best to get one before: even though the chest doesn't offer crazy rewards, it's a chance at an exotic (and a guaranteed one from your first opening in PoE 28), and it's a nice little moment to have. ^^

Eyeron

If you already have one, you can jump into PoE right away, otherwise it would be best to get one before: even though the chest doesn't offer crazy rewards, it's a chance at an exotic (and a guaranteed one from your first opening in PoE 28), and it's a nice little moment to have. ^^

Good to know. Thanks.

He also has to complete the story to play POE.

todd360

I really need to work on my backlog. This e3 was scary. There is to much good stuff coming soon. I'm still only at about 20 hours into xenoblade 3ds. I'm thinking that is gonna be 40-60 hours to beat. Then I got to play monster hunter 4 3ds. Plus I still have to play pc version of Trails in the Sky which is probably a good 60 hours as well. No way I will get done with all that any time fast since I seem to be stuck in perpetual overtime land. Kingdom Hears 2.5 got thrown to the bottom of the pile since I beat those before numerous times. Probably not going to get around to playing them until like a month or two before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

I have to get some of this done before Destiny comes back with a vengeance in September.

Say what?!

Where's our weekly?

You can't do this and not sell Ghorn tomorrow. I mean come on.

Grinchy

Banned
Holy shit, randoms are so bad. I just tried the level 30 weekly strike 3 times in a row with 3 different teams. We wiped in the first section each time, and each time, I had 3-4 times more kills than anyone else. I have to revive teammates a few times before I eventually get overwhelmed.

How are people so bad. I had no trouble with this strike when playing with my typical team on other characters.

Do people still run VoG? I never got around to it. :/

Sure, lots of VoG runs still happen around here, several ones were set up just today. At Lv32 you are high enough level for every normal and hard mode raid (VoG and CE) but I would strongly recommend doing normal first, at least in VoG. CE is much simpler so you could get away with HM first, but normal mode has better weapon drops so I'd still recommend that. The "no revives" penalty in hard raids is very punishing to new players, and even if the team can carry you through it's not a fun introduction to be spectating everyone else :p

Edit: if there are people around for it later tonight I'd be happy to sherpa, assuming you're on PS4 (not always a safe assumption).

Holy shit, randoms are so bad. I just tried the level 30 weekly strike 3 times in a row with 3 different teams. We wiped in the first section each time, and each time, I had 3-4 times more kills than anyone else. I have to revive teammates a few times before I eventually get overwhelmed.

How are people so bad. I had no trouble with this strike when playing with my typical team on other characters.

I have had similar experiences and it's mind boggling. Randoms in skirmish are awful too as they don't seem to realize people can be revived.

Rolled my Party Crasher for Aggressive/Rangefinder/Reinforced/Army of One.

My Matador has Shot Package.

Going to try to get to the bottom of Rangefinder vs. Shot Package from the perspective of someone who isn't winning any awards for accuracy.

I've been ruined by playing with DGAF and other fine folks I know. I never ever play rando Crucible or any MM activity except as some kind of science experiment curiosity. It's too painful to play with people that bad and too boring to play without chatting with friends at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom