• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled my Party Crasher for Aggressive/Rangefinder/Reinforced/Army of One.

My Matador has Shot Package.

Going to try to get to the bottom of Rangefinder vs. Shot Package from the perspective of someone who isn't winning any awards for accuracy.

Sometimes RF is better when your accuracy is a little off because the tight spread of SP means the pellets are all clumped so tightly it's easier to miss. SP does seem like the better perk overall, but it's really hard to quantify without hard numbers on how damage drop off at range is mitigated by RF. Its also hard to say how much RF is affected by the range nerfs they keep adding to shotguns.

You'd have to go into rumble with a buddy and spend a lot of time shot gunning each other from increasing distances away, with and without SP or RF. You could use the distance indicators on ammo crates to quantify that but it'd still be incomplete with only horizontal distances. In my experience there seems to be a range advantage when shooting down at someone but maybe it just feels more broken or hits crit shots more easily.

Man vault space is killing me. I guess it's time to dismantle all this gear I only kept for fashion purposes. The days of being an attractive guardian are over.

It's gonna be much harder to kill off some of these weapons though.

Finally completed the Thorn bounty. Considering PvP is not my forte, I'm glad that's over. Having to do it with Word of Crota wasn't exactly fun.

edit: Still have to kill Xyor. Anyone want to help?

Grinchy

Banned
I give up on randoms forever. I had a team that was finally doing well in the weekly strike. We got to the boss and since two of us didn't want to cheese it, the 3rd guy left. The two of us had the boss down to like 20% of its health and took a harsh unexpected death.

If the third idiot would have just stayed it wouldn't have taken any time at all.

X-Frame

The Sunbreaker Titan's melee abilities are making a pretty strong case for Strength gear. Just in case, I am definitely going to be holding onto all the currently "inferior" strength armor I have.

Kyoufu

The Sunbreaker Titan's melee abilities are making a pretty strong case for Strength gear. Just in case, I am definitely going to be holding onto all the currently "inferior" strength armor I have.

I just can't see myself letting go of the bubble. It's too good. THE BUBBLE IS TOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Mindlog

Last week's weekly.... made a great case for strength gear.

I need to find the weekly update.

I hope not. Can't count the number of times I've handed off 'busy work.' lol

I find it funny when he just address sui the ground and walks around.it just spins in circles.I just don't know if other players are going to find it amusing.

Our I just found an afk strike playlist loophole

th3dude

If anyone happens to be running the raids, especially hard mode, let me know of you need someone. I've only run each normal mode once, so naturally I have a severe hole when it comes to elemental primaries.

OkayRene

Anyone wanna run Skolas tonight? Haven't done the fight yet and would need some guidance, but I'm 34 and got a few 365 weapons.

EDIT: Found a group.

Eyeron

Sure, lots of VoG runs still happen around here, several ones were set up just today. At Lv32 you are high enough level for every normal and hard mode raid (VoG and CE) but I would strongly recommend doing normal first, at least in VoG. CE is much simpler so you could get away with HM first, but normal mode has better weapon drops so I'd still recommend that. The "no revives" penalty in hard raids is very punishing to new players, and even if the team can carry you through it's not a fun introduction to be spectating everyone else :p

Edit: if there are people around for it later tonight I'd be happy to sherpa, assuming you're on PS4 (not always a safe assumption).

Thanks. Absolutely. PS4, Eyeron80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom