• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought anything could be as fun as blinking across a map.

Until I started doing flying dropkicks across a map.

Thank you, Unstable.

Skolas is not a better encounter. They just prolonged the encounter but it's still bs.

How is it still bs? It requires more teamwork afaik and it's prolonged due to no burns.

Everyone else has reported it being much better and more enjoyable...feels like a real boss encounter with mechanics in play rather than a bullet sponge fight.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How is it still bs? It requires more teamwork afaik and it's prolonged due to no burns.

Everyone else has reported it being much better and more enjoyable...feels like a real boss encounter with mechanics in play rather than a bullet sponge fight.

I don't find spending more time killing more ads enjoyable. I speak for myself. Even with the burns I've done it legit many times and that was more enjoyable to me.

Rolled my second HB to this. Now I just need to roll my last HB to something close as and I'm good.

r565656.png

Still my favorite kill. Kill, revive, kill again.

rererer.gif

I don't find spending more time killing more ads enjoyable. I speak for myself. Even with the burns I've done it legit many times and that was more enjoyable to me.

Rolled my second HB to this. Now I just need to roll my last HB to something close as and I'm good.

r565656.png

So jealous. I spent ~80k glimmer to get this roll and the best I've gotten was hidden hand/unflinching with ambush and no shortgaze /hand laid stock. Only have gotten HH/Unflinching that one time.

Another week, another two hours waisted in PoE 35. We got hung up with the arc burn psions, and by the time we got to round 5 my bed time had passed. Started on the sponge servitor and realized that I probably had at the minimum a half hour of fighting left, so I gave up.

raindoc

I have to hijack this thread for a moment in order to vent. One of my longest and dearest online friends, who I know since Bad Company 2 days and have been playing with ever since had an accident and requires treatment in an ICU.
That's all I know. No idea what kind of injuries he suffered, how critical his condition is and the source of the news isn't readily available for updates... and it's driving me nuts.

He's one of the best guys I know and by that I don't mean his skill level. He never gets angry, no matter how much we get our ass kicked online. Sure, he get's mad, but never actually angry. Never heard him utter a bad word against someone (except maybe that two or three fascist assholes that stumbled into our party chat over the years). He's a pillar of my clan and I've spent more time playing with him than with anyone else on my friends list. We started online gaming together with BC2, spent a shitload of time in BF3, moved on to BF4 and Hardline. Dead Space 3 coop, TLOU MP and most recently: Destiny.

I just want to shout out to this fellow gamer here, because pretty much none of my RL friends are gamers. But you are, you get it - the bonds that form between brothers in digital arms.

Hope you pull through A!

Finally got an Elder Cipher.

Lord of Wolves or Queen's Bow?

I've heard bad things about Dreg's Promise.

So you guys took down your first Skolas? Congrats!

You don't actually pick the weapon until the end so don't worry now. But the Bow is fun in PvP, the Lord is fun in PvE, and Dreg is fun to laugh at.

Another week, another two hours waisted in PoE 35. We got hung up with the arc burn psions, and by the time we got to round 5 my bed time had passed. Started on the sponge servitor and realized that I probably had at the minimum a half hour of fighting left, so I gave up.

Damn, sorry to hear that Hudson. Drop me a line sometime and hopefully I can help knock him out w you.

Yeah those adds are annoying for sure. Bungie didn't fix them as they were supposed to.

I haven't done a single PoE this week. I have elder ciphers sitting on all characters and haven't bothered doing them either. Totally burnt out on PoE, don't really see a reason to run them anymore.

That said, you want to run hard crota 3x?

I have to hijack this thread for a moment in order to vent. One of my longest and dearest online friends, who I know since Bad Company 2 days and have been playing with ever since had an accident and requires treatment in an ICU.
That's all I know. No idea what kind of injuries he suffered, how critical his condition is and the source of the news isn't readily available for updates... and it's driving me nuts.

He's one of the best guys I know and by that I don't mean his skill level. He never gets angry, no matter how much we get our ass kicked online. Sure, he get's mad, but never actually angry. Never heard him utter a bad word against someone (except maybe that two or three fascist assholes that stumbled into our party chat over the years). He's a pillar of my clan and I've spent more time playing with him than with anyone else on my friends list. We started online gaming together with BC2, spent a shitload of time in BF3, moved on to BF4 and Hardline. Dead Space 3 coop, TLOU MP and most recently: Destiny.

I just want to shout out to this fellow gamer here, because pretty much none of my RL friends are gamers. But you are, you get it - the bonds that form between brothers in digital arms.

Hope you pull through A!

Hope everything ends up being ok!

kidko

Hope you pull through A!

That's awesome, he'll love to see this post when he's better, I'm sure. He'll be ok man. ICU can mean a lot of things, not all dire. Hang in

I I just want to shout out to this fellow gamer here, because pretty much none of my RL friends are gamers. But you are, you get it - the bonds that form between brothers in digital arms.

Hope you pull through A!

Wow, that's terrible to hear Rain but thanks for sharing your story and don't worry about hijacking. This is the Destiny Community after all. All the best to your friend who I'm sure will be just fine. Please let us know when you hear some news.

OkayRene

So you guys took down your first Skolas? Congrats!

You don't actually pick the weapon until the end so don't worry now. But the Bow is fun in PvP, the Lord is fun in PvE, and Dreg is fun to laugh at.

Damn, sorry to hear that Hudson. Drop me a line sometime and hopefully I can help knock him out w you.

Thanks Drizz! We wiped twice on Skolas, but got it the third time. Wasn't too rough.

Went with Lord of Wolves. Hoping I can run 35 on my alt and get a second Elder Cipher…but it's not guaranteed is it?

^Nice, the Lord is very cool and fun to use. But no, the Cipher isn't guaranteed although the drop rate seems pretty good from Skolas.

Yeah those adds are annoying for sure. Bungie didn't fix them as they were supposed to.

I haven't done a single PoE this week. I have elder ciphers sitting on all characters and haven't bothered doing them either. Totally burnt out on PoE, don't really see a reason to run them anymore.

That said, you want to run hard crota 3x?

The adds are improved but the change to Skolas HP-based spawning was a little misleading. It's true that they don't spawn on a timer anymore and they do spawn when you damage Skolas. But it seems like practically any damage to him, even a couple thousand, will trigger another full wave of add spawns. So you have to be careful and pick your spots when you can really lay into him instead of chipping away intermittently.

Yeah I think most people are getting towards the end of any enthusiasm for PoE. It just isn't remotely replayable the way most people hoped when they heard Horde-mode type descriptions. PoE 35 has been the same every week except Skolas modifiers and we've already rotated through every potential 32 and 34 version which afaik don't change either. Combined with the crappy PoE loots, only people who never do Trials will want to keep grinding them for ELight.

It's going to be a slow summer in Destiny land sadly, especially during the week. I imagine PVP'ers will still enjoy running ToO over the weekends but otherwise I'm not sure what will keep most people coming back. I'll be here regardless but I'm just weird like that :p

The adds are improved but the change to Skolas HP-based spawning was a little misleading. It's true that they don't spawn on a timer anymore and they do spawn when you damage Skolas. But it seems like practically any damage to him, even a couple thousand, will trigger another full wave of add spawns. So you have to be careful and pick your spots when you can really lay into him instead of chipping away intermittently.

Yeah I think most people are getting towards the end of any enthusiasm for PoE. It just isn't remotely replayable the way most people hoped when they heard Horde-mode type descriptions. PoE 35 has been the same every week except Skolas modifiers and eve already rotated through every potential 32 and 34 version which afaik don't change either. Combined with the crappy PoE loots, only people who never do Trials will want to keep grinding them for ELight.

It's going to be a slow summer in Destiny land sadly, especially during the week. I imagine PVP'ers will still enjoy running ToO over the weekends but otherwise I'm not sure what will keep most people coming back. I'll be here regardless but I'm just weird like that :p

Oh I'll be here too, for the reset day scrubby-madness and fun times with gaffers, but that's about it till TKK or until they patch in some new modifiers for existing content.

Coming back into crucible I had tons of fun in trials and iron banner, so might do those when they are available. Also, will do random bounty and patrol stuff cause I'm still looking for that damn DO shader!

Hi all, surgery was successful
Now onto Recovery and Rehabilitation stage
A lot of Occupational and Physical therapy ahead of me

New me:
Us2ATw6m.jpg

Also my back... Frankenstein Approved!
wTTlwE7s.jpg
Hope everything is going well! Sounds like it is :)

Hope you pull through A!
damn sorry to hear that ;_; I hope everything turns out well for you friend in the end. Best wishes.

Hope you pull through A!

So sorry to hear that Rain! I'm one of the few blessed with RL gamer friends, but because of this thread I met a lot of people, some who I actually consider real friends even though I never met them. Hope everything will work out and please convey our best wishes!

In other news, is any DGAF'er (most likey if you're in the EU) planning to go to Gamescom in Köln/Cologne, Germany? Me and Tears are considering to visit for a day and I know N0oblet is going. Might be nice if we can plan a nice little DGAF get together.

Hope you pull through A!

I can relate rain, made so many good friendships over the years through gaming. Hope your friend gets back on his feet soon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My last HB.

Basically shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold but grenadier. Wonder if I should keep or keep trying.

AAHLcLy.png

raindoc

Thanks for the support guys, much appreciated.

In other news, is any DGAF'er (most likey if you're in the EU) planning to go to Gamescom in Köln/Cologne, Germany? Me and Tears are considering to visit for a day and I know N0oblet is going. Might be nice if we can plan a nice little DGAF get together.

i'm thinking about going year after year, but eventually the reports of friends (including A) who have actually been there turn me off, gamescom is much too crowded according to them.

i'm thinking about going year after year, but eventually the reports of friends (including A) who have actually been there turn me off, gamescom is much too crowded according to them.

Yeah that's why we're still in the "considering" phase. Maybe the weekdays are a little less crowded, I don't know. I've never been to a similar gaming event, thought the experience would be nice even if it's only to celebrate my graduation. Would be cool if some DGAF'ers are going.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hi all, surgery was successful
Now onto Recovery and Rehabilitation stage
A lot of Occupational and Physical therapy ahead of me

New me:
Us2ATw6m.jpg

Also my back... Frankenstein Approved!
wTTlwE7s.jpg
Dang brah, congrats! Also best of wishes in your recovery - You'll be able to enjoy all the new things when you return to the Tower :)

My last HB.

Basically shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold but grenadier. Wonder if I should keep or keep trying. ]

I'd keep it since I don't think Unflinching is super important. Personally I'd prefer Snapshot over Injection Mold since I don't think stability is as important for a lower RoF sniper. SG scope + HH + SS + Unflinching would be my ideal roll, and with decreasing importance from left to right.

I lost all my weapon parts rolling HB and never even got those first three together :-/

I'd keep it since I don't think Unflinching is super important. Personally I'd prefer Snapshot over Injection Mold since I don't think stability is as important for a lower RoF sniper. SG scope + HH + SS + Unflinching would be my ideal roll, and with decreasing importance from left to right.

I lost all my weapon parts rolling HB and never even got those first three together :-/

Agreed, I just finished leveling up my HB with the exact roll you mentioned. I have been wrecking balling with it in Skirmish, can't wait to take it into ToO. Thought I loved my LGH but man sniping through that revive shield...

ocean

Banned
So jealous. I spent ~80k glimmer to get this roll and the best I've gotten was hidden hand/unflinching with ambush and no shortgaze /hand laid stock. Only have gotten HH/Unflinching that one time.
Despite what the little numbers say, I personally do a lot better with Ambush than Shortgaze. That is a killer roll man :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So all my characters each have their own HB now.

Titan - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, grenadier

Hunter - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, unflinching

Warlock - Shortgaze, hidden hand, hand land stock, unflinching

Went from 3000 weapon parts down to 400 odd now. Sucks that upgrading weapons with etheric light costs 25 WP each.

Gunsmith needs to sell WP for glimmer asap!

Weapon parts for Marks needs to happen. I haven't had anything to spend Marks on for a long time so I just keep stacking planetary materials even though I can't use them to upgrade any weapons since I have no WParts. I still have tons of uses for glimmer so I'd much rather find some new use for Marks. I'd say at least 30 WParts per 10 marks would be okay (1 re-roll per Mark) but 50+ would be great.

Agreed, I just finished leveling up my HB with the exact roll you mentioned. I have been wrecking balling with it in Skirmish, can't wait to take it into ToO. Thought I loved my LGH but man sniping through that revive shield...

Mad jelly bro :)

I wasted so many weapon parts rolling a nice LGH, took it into Trials, headshot a revived guy and immediately thought...

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

ethomaz

Banned
So all my characters each have their own HB now.

Titan - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, grenadier

Hunter - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, unflinching

Warlock - Shortgaze, hidden hand, hand land stock, unflinching
You are favoring Hunter in these rolls :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom