• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weapon parts for Marks needs to happen. I haven't had anything to spend Marks on for a long time so I just keep stacking planetary materials even though I can't use them to upgrade any weapons since I have no WParts. I still have tons of uses for glimmer so I'd much rather find some new use for Marks. I'd say at least 30 WParts per 10 marks would be okay (1 re-roll per Mark) but 50+ would be great.

Absolutely. Marks are totally useless now. I have 400 on each character and nothing to spend them on. Bought a sparrow for 175 just for the heck of it.

None of the vendor weapons are really worth buying. Already over loaded on planet mats.

I wish Petra would sell all the queen weapons for 150 marks, not just the sidearm.

Also WE NEED MOAR SIDEARMS BUNGIE!

I lost all my weapon parts rolling HB and never even got those first three together :-/

That's rough, but you do have a perfect roll on your Matador. Still trying for a perfectly rolled shottie.

So all my characters each have their own HB now.

Titan - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, grenadier

Hunter - Shortgaze, hidden hand, injection mold, unflinching

Warlock - Shortgaze, hidden hand, hand land stock, unflinching

I have this roll. Would take Snapshot for the reasons Driz mentioned, but as someone who's pretty new to sniping, I like the added stability, especially if I'm going for a double kill.

Why give the best sniper to the scrubby warlock? Move it to the hoonter.

No, hand laid stock > injection mold.

Why?

finally got Her Benevolence. honestly can't decide whether to give it void or solar burn (my arc LDR is maxed and doesn't need to be replaced)

finally got Her Benevolence. honestly can't decide whether to give it void or solar burn (my arc LDR is maxed and doesn't need to be replaced)

If you're trying to get a perfect roll, you might not have a choice.

I wanted void and got solar, but there's no way I'm messing with Shortgaze/Hidden Hand/Hand-laid Stock/Unflinching.

That's rough, but you do have a perfect roll on your Matador. Still trying for a perfectly rolled shottie.

Good point, always important to be grateful for what we have instead of disappointed about what we don't :)

If it's for PvP obviously the element doesn't matter, and for PvE you already have a nice high impact arc sniper so I'd go for Void since you can (hopefully) get a solar Black Hammer from normal Crota if you don't already have one.

If you want faster ADS, snapshot is better.
If you want more stability, hand laid stock is better.
Injection mold gives you a bit of both but lower stats.

So it's up to your play style.

If you're a quick scope sniper and snipe close quarters, you should use snapshot.
If you snipe long range you benefit from stability and should use hand laid stock.

bitsurugi

Morning D GAF!

Did i miss something or there is no weekly update this week? Guess it's due to E3?

Let's gamble on Xur stock and Trials map! :)

If you want faster ADS, snapshot is better.
If you want more stability, hand laid stock is better.
Injection mold gives you a bit of both but lower stats.

So it's up to your play style.

If you're a quick scope sniper and snipe close quarters, you should use snapshot.
If you snipe long range you benefit from stability and should use hand laid stock.

Ok cool. I'll stick with range until I get another HB and can roll for SS.

So I just played on New Gen after playing on old gen since launch.

Holy shit everything looks so clean.

Holy shit the menu isn't laggy.

Holy shit the UI is curved.

It's too bad I keep getting errors every 10-20 minutes. It's usually Baboon or Anteater, but Bungie's website isn't very specific on what causes the issue. :(

bitsurugi

So I just played on New Gen after playing on old gen since launch.

Holy shit everything looks so clean.

Holy shit the menu isn't laggy.

Holy shit the UI is curved.

It's too bad I keep getting errors every 10-20 minutes. It's usually Baboon or Anteater, but Bungie's website isn't very specific on what causes the issue. :(

I once played old gen, when psn on new gen was down.

1st thing i noticed is that on old gen... there is NO WAY to pop an ammo synh without dying. I seriously respect ppl beating Skolas with the Gjally nuke tactic... takes 20 seconds to open inventory and pop ammo!

SnakeEyes

Banned
I once played old gen, when psn on new gen was down.

1st thing i noticed is that on old gen... there is NO WAY to pop an ammo synh without dying. I seriously respect ppl beating Skolas with the Gjally nuke tactic... takes 20 seconds to open inventory and pop ammo!
I hope to god that Destiny 2 drops previous gen right from the announcement. Less than a year in and we're already seeing limitations in the previous gen hardware and how it's impacting current gen (Vault Space being the first issue.)

bitsurugi

I hope to god that Destiny 2 drops previous gen right from the announcement. Less than a year in and we're already seeing limitations in the previous gen hardware and how it's impacting current gen (Vault Space being the first issue.)

Yep. I seriously hate that. Altho is good to play with the same char/stuff on old gen when new gen is down.. but that's like 2-5 days per year, so no biggie..

I am thinking of picking this up again.

I had it on Xbox One at launch and hammered it, got to level 20 and had some decent gear.

Has much changed? Is there a lot more content for me to get back into? I have both dlc ready to play (I had the ghost edition but then sold up).

Ganhyun

Wow, it's really that laggy?
Yes.

For example, a few friends and I were playing. two titans and a warlock. We had to try and stagger out rockets and ammo synths with bubbles and always had to have one person not doing it to keep the others alive because it takes 5-10 seconds without anything going on.

With PoE stuff you can get the debuff and die before its up and done on old systems.

<-- plays on both XBone and 360.

ocean

Banned
I am thinking of picking this up again.

I had it on Xbox One at launch and hammered it, got to level 20 and had some decent gear.

Has much changed? Is there a lot more content for me to get back into? I have both dlc ready to play (I had the ghost edition but then sold up).
Main changes:

- There's a new Raid and a new activity called The Prison of Elders
- There's a new 3v3 PvP mode called Elimination. Every weekend you can participate in The Challenge of Osiris. You can stack up to 3 losses on a ticket before you need to restart. The more wins you get on a ticket before your third loss, the better your rewards.
- There are a ton of great new Exotics (mainly armor though, new Exotic weapons aren't that great)
- Legendary gear you buy from vendors has +36 Light. A full set will make you 32 before any upgrades. Moreover, the old "defense" upgrade bubbles are gone. New armor and weapons are extremely easy to upgrade because they have fewer upgrade nodes (just the perks like +ammo and stuff like that)
- You no longer have to farm around for planetary materials. You can buy them with Crucible or Vanguard marks
- Daily Heroic Mission is now actually worth doing. Pays out Vanguard marks, rep, planetary materials and a nice chunk of XP to all your equipped armor and weapons.
- Legendary reward drop rate on crucible is now way, way higher. You can expect a few weapons per week if you play regularly
- Crucible matches award double the marks and rep they used to, cutting down the grind for your weapon and armor purchases
- You can now re roll the perks and elemental damage on your weapons (HoW Legendaries only). For a mote of light and some weapon parts you can re roll until you're satisfied with the gun you get or buy
- Weekly Heroic Strike (for Strange Coins and rep) now has matchmaking
- Auto Rifles are absolute total garbage now. Pulse rifles are decent. Hand Cannons rule the world.

Absolutely. Marks are totally useless now. I have 400 on each character and nothing to spend them on. Bought a sparrow for 175 just for the heck of it.

None of the vendor weapons are really worth buying. Already over loaded on planet mats.

I wish Petra would sell all the queen weapons for 150 marks, not just the sidearm.

Also WE NEED MOAR SIDEARMS BUNGIE!

I wish they did that, but I don't think they'll touch the "economy" before TTK. As it is right now, it's a mess of different currencies that aren't interchangeable, and it would require an overhaul that I don't see them carrying out before Comet.

And I think TTK will simplify things again. I can see them keeping Strange Coins, Motes of Light, Glimmer and perhaps Marks. They may also keep Exotic Shards, but I'm thinking Ascendants, Radiants and Etherics will disappear.

Looking at what little they released I think they'll also "force" us to abandon most current gear by making it reach the current top level and not be upgradable any further. New gear will be more powerful. The exception (I hope) may be exotics.

But yeah, aside from EL what I need most right now is weapon parts. Re-rolling just makes them vanish...

Main changes:

- There's a new Raid and a new activity called The Prison of Elders
- There's a new 3v3 PvP mode called Elimination. Every weekend you can participate in The Challenge of Osiris. You can stack up to 3 losses on a ticket before you need to restart. The more wins you get on a ticket before your third loss, the better your rewards.
- There are a ton of great new Exotics (mainly armor though, new Exotic weapons aren't that great)
- Legendary gear you buy from vendors has +36 Light. A full set will make you 32 before any upgrades. Moreover, the old "defense" upgrade bubbles are gone. New armor and weapons are extremely easy to upgrade because they have fewer upgrade nodes (just the perks like +ammo and stuff like that)
- You no longer have to farm around for planetary materials. You can buy them with Crucible or Vanguard marks
- Daily Heroic Mission is now actually worth doing. Pays out Vanguard marks, rep, planetary materials and a nice chunk of XP to all your equipped armor and weapons.
- Legendary reward drop rate on crucible is now way, way higher. You can expect a few weapons per week if you play regularly
- Crucible matches award double the marks and rep they used to, cutting down the grind for your weapon and armor purchases
- You can now re roll the perks and elemental damage on your weapons (HoW Legendaries only). For a mote of light and some weapon parts you can re roll until you're satisfied with the gun you get or buy
- Weekly Heroic Strike (for Strange Coins and rep) now has matchmaking
- Auto Rifles are absolute total garbage now. Pulse rifles are decent. Hand Cannons rule the world.

Sweet, thats quite a lot of changes. Looks like I'll jump back in, its only £10 at the minute, can't argue at that price.

Thanks for the info.

Klyka

Banned
So,wait, there are bounties now that are "quests" and they add a new little mission on the map that disappears when you finish it? Is that what I just did? Huh.

So,wait, there are bounties now that are "quests" and they add a new little mission on the map that disappears when you finish it? Is that what I just did? Huh.

Yeah, only one so far for this expansion. There was a similar one for TDB too, the final mission of the Eris urn bounty.

SkylineRKR

Weapon parts for Marks needs to happen. I haven't had anything to spend Marks on for a long time so I just keep stacking planetary materials even though I can't use them to upgrade any weapons since I have no WParts. I still have tons of uses for glimmer so I'd much rather find some new use for Marks. I'd say at least 30 WParts per 10 marks would be okay (1 re-roll per Mark) but 50+ would be great.

Mad jelly bro :)

I wasted so many weapon parts rolling a nice LGH, took it into Trials, headshot a revived guy and immediately thought...

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Been preaching this since HoW launched. You won't spend as much armor mats, so those will eventually stack up. Which is what I find unbalanced. Planet mats come after publics, chests and can be bought. Weapon mats can only be gotten from dismantling rng drops or spending stupid glimmer on greens. Its an oversight imo.

I had 6 month worth of weapon parts, its gone. Other people who haven't played as much probably have to grind from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom