• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsurugi

AC_DC.jpg

OK, Bungie just has to be trolling Warlocks. Varicks is Strentgh again and now Starfire Protocol which has been sold at least as much as Sunbreakers?

At least there's the chest engram for me to waste my motes trying to get Purifier...

OK, Bungie just has to be trolling Warlocks. Varicks is Strentgh again and now Starfire Protocol which has been sold at least as much as Sunbreakers?

At least there's the chest engram for me to waste my motes trying to get Purifier...

Xur sold new Warlock gloves 2 weeks ago. Locks had their chance.

Trials chest is also strength for warlocks :p

Jinjo

Xurrapointment!

ACDC
Bug gloves
Starfire ahahahahaha
Limp light

chest engram

Okay, how is this even a disappointment? Finally some HoW exotics most people probably don't have unless they spend all their motes on gauntlet engrams. And even then RNG can fuck you over.

Is the titan gauntlets any good? Or will they rot in my vault?

I was excited when I got them from the arm engrams a few weeks back... but they've been rotting in my Vault ever since. I don't really see a point to them, seems pretty gimicky.

They make an annoying beep sound and don't do enough damage.

You can have fun with them while waking the hive I guess...dance inside an armor of light bubble and hear beep beep beep beep beep........beep GUARDIAN DOWN!

Silav101

Annnnddddd back from my hiatus (bloodborne, da:i and dark souls 2). Holy crap I suck way worse than i remember at this game. :(

And ewwww omnigul nightfall? And void burn? Well, could have been no burn. Gonna get.on that later tonite, and the questlines.

Do any of the questlines actually reward decent gear?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I was excited when I got them from the arm engrams a few weeks back... but they've been rotting in my Vault ever since. I don't really see a point to them, seems pretty gimicky.
I'm planning to play very less Destiny till the Taken King so if Xur keeps selling HoW exotics, more power to him. I already have all the weapons.

FyreWulff

I once played old gen, when psn on new gen was down.

1st thing i noticed is that on old gen... there is NO WAY to pop an ammo synh without dying. I seriously respect ppl beating Skolas with the Gjally nuke tactic... takes 20 seconds to open inventory and pop ammo!

The ACD/0 gauntlets also don't animate on PS3. They're just static.

I'm planning to play very less Destiny till the Taken King so if Xur keeps selling HoW exotics, more power to him. I already have all the weapons.

Same with me :3 Just missing Bones of Eao now. Will still be hanging around...The lag in this game..is just something..
I was the lagger D: No idea why when I have the fastest internet I can get with no one using it, along with no downloads or uploads of any kind..

Jinjo

Had to refresh my instance for some silly reason, but here he is:

CH2iAn5UAAAvyoC.jpg:large

VoG Lock is so sexy. I just got the entire set again this week. Time to level it up. Will be hunting for ass shards again lol.

Disappointment
for me, i already have them with way better stat rolls

You're a disappointment to me. I have Destiny friends with better stat rolls than you.

I'm kidding, that was mean. But now you know how Xur feels lol.

ocean

Banned
PSA on Khepri infinity stealth:

Tired of going invisible then waiting on cool down before you can go invisible again after crouching? Xur has you covered!

Khepri awards you the same Stalker perk available on the Bladedancer subclass. If you crouch and *while invisible* you equip Khepri, you'll have 2 Stalker perks with different cool down timers.

What this means is once your invisibility runs out, the subclass Stalker will be on cool down...but the Khepri Stalker will be ready. Just crouch again and you're invisible! Once it wears off, the subclass Stalker will have cooled down, so you can crouch again and go invisible.

Basically, if you equip Khepri while invisible, you'll *always* be able to go invisible by crouching. Never wait on cool down. This is amazingly useful for PoE mines or Abyss solo. Only bummer is you need to manually separate the cool down timers every time you die by repeating the initial process (go invisible while wearing something else and *then* equip Khepri).

Enjoy! Bungie stalkers, please don't fix this.

Jinjo

PSA on Khepri infinity stealth:

Tired of going invisible then waiting on cool down before you can go invisible again after crouching? Xur has you covered!

Khepri awards you the same Stalker perk available on the Bladedancer subclass. If you crouch and go invisible and *while invisible* you equip Khepri, you'll have 2 Stalker perks with different cool down timers.

What this means is once your invisibility runs out, the subclass Stalker will be on cool down...but the Khepri Stalker will be ready. Just crouch again and you're invisible! Once it wears off, the subclass Stalker will have cooled down, so you can crouch again and go invisible.

Basically, if you equip Khepri while invisible, you'll *always* be able to go invisible by crouching. Never wait on cool down. This is amazingly useful for PoE mines or Abyss solo. Only bummer is you need to manually separate the cool down timers every time you die by repeating the initial process (go invisible while wearing something else and then equip Khepri while invisible).

Enjoy! Bungie stalkers, please don't fix this.

I imagine Khepri's will be pretty useful with the new Nightstalker subclass too.

ocean

Banned
I imagine Khepri's will be pretty useful with the new Nightstalker subclass too.
It's useful for Gunslingers to go invisible, Bladedancers to keep their blades hungry or for an infinite stealth build. It'll also work great with Nightstalker. Go invis and then bam, surprise smoke!

Same with me :3 Just missing Bones of Eao now.

Holy cow, did you roll a bunch of helmet and chest engrams? Just get crazy lucky Rawr/Steroyd style? I've been sitting on my ass pile like Scrooge McDuck, so I only have the exotic arms now, no luck in any NFalls of course.

I could finish off the Exotic weapons if I cared enough to grind PoE for Greg's Promise... but yeah, not so much. I'll wait for the weekly reset.

VoG Lock is so sexy. I just got the entire set again this week. Time to level it up. Will be hunting for ass shards again lol.

You're a disappointment to me. I have Destiny friends with better stat rolls than you.

I'm kidding, that was mean. But now you know how Xur feels lol.

I'm 99% stat-free!

xur don't have no feelings

Xur sold new Warlock gloves 2 weeks ago. Locks had their chance.

Trials chest is also strength for warlocks :p

NM are Voidwalker gloves and I prefer Obsidian Mind in that situation. Love playing Voidwalker in PvE and IB.

Purifier Robes seem the best Sunsinger exotic at the moment, though I've been playing Sunsinger less and less. I'm looking for them mostly for when I have to drag my carcass through ToO, or in the rare occasion I have to use Sunsinger in PvE to prevent wipes.

And yeah, Warlocks are so much better and more awesome than the rest that Bungie feels it's necessary to handicap us at every turn. :p

Holy cow, did you roll a bunch of helmet and chest engrams? Just get crazy lucky Rawr/Steroyd style? I've been sitting on my ass pile like Scrooge McDuck, so I only have the exotic arms now, no luck in any NFalls of course.

I could finish off the Exotic weapons if I cared enough to grind PoE for Greg's Promise... but yeah, not so much. I'll wait for the weekly reset.

I got everything too except the 2 new exotic boots.

Nighthawk from legendary engram in the first week.
E.Warrior from first week PoE 28 chest.
Ram from first HoW week Xur engram.
Purifier from Xur chest engram.
All 3 gloves when Xur sold gauntlet engrams for the first time 2 weeks ago.

ocean

Banned
NM are Voidwalker gloves and I prefer Obsidian Mind in that situation. Love playing Voidwalker in PvE and IB.

Purifier Robes seem the best Sunsinger exotic at the moment, though I've been playing Sunsinger less and less. I'm looking for them mostly for when I have to drag my carcass through ToO, or in the rare occasion I have to use Sunsinger in PvE to prevent wipes.

And yeah, Warlocks are so much better and more awesome than the rest that Bungie feels it's necessary to handicap us at every turn. :p
Nothing Manacles + Scatter Grenade + Annihilate + Bloom.

Kills for daaaaaays. I was chucking that around a corner and getting double kills, without even seeing the second guy. Crazy crazy build.

Purifier seems useful for ToO fuckery but in general I wouldn't say it's the most useful. Claws for double melee seem far less situational, Praxic is useful for using your Super aggressively instead of saving it for death, Light Beyond Nemesis for extra orbs and fast revives...

You know, just that crazy Rawr/Steroyd style, along with spending ~500 ass energy and ~200 ass shards for MoL to gamble a few weeks ago :p Just bought ACD/0 Feedback Fence, Khepri's Sting from Xur. Got Purifier Robes from the 2nd engram today. The first 3x I did Skolas, I got the Elder Cipher on each character.

Anyways looking forward to the next raid! Hopefully it will be as good as VoG, would be nice to actually tackle a new raid with you since I missed out on Crota's End when it was release :)

Nothing Manacles + Scatter Grenade + Annihilate + Bloom.

Kills for daaaaaays. I was chucking that around a corner and getting double kills, without even seeing the second guy. Crazy crazy build.

Purifier seems useful for ToO fuckery but in general I wouldn't say it's the most useful. Claws for double melee seem far less situational, Praxic is useful for using your Super aggressively instead of saving it for death, Light Beyond Nemesis for extra orbs and fast revives...

Huh, will have to check that NM build once I have the chance to get them.

As for Purifier, I'm more interested in Serpent's tail and Mouth than Burn Brighter. I like using Praxic, but the Super just builds up too slowly for me to feel confortable using it aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom