• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Huh, will have to check that NM build once I have the chance to get them.

As for Purifier, I'm more interested in Serpent's tail and Mouth than Burn Brighter. I like using Praxic, but the Super just builds up too slowly for me to feel confortable using it aggressively.
The tracking on Scatter isn't like Axion Bolt, you actually have to land it on your targets body or feet. Once you do, it'll track Wolfpack style and kill in one hit. Any targets near him will also be hit, and the Bloom explosion will finish them off. Double or Triple kill is guaranteed if you land it solidly on a target that's closely bunched up with some others.

amar212

I got everything too except the 2 new exotic boots.

Nighthawk from legendary engram in the first week.
E.Warrior from first week PoE 28 chest.
Ram from first HoW week Xur engram.
Purifier from Xur chest engram.
All 3 gloves when Xur sold gauntlet engrams for the first time 2 weeks ago.

I wasted 950+ shards in the first 3 HoW weeks to get new exotics.

I gave nearly 300 shards for helmet engram and got only Hunter helmet 5 times. All other were old exotics.

I gave 500 shards for hands engram, only to get Titan and Warlock hands, no Khepri. All other were old exotics.

And then I gave almost 200 shards when chest engram arrived, only to get old chests. No Purifier.

So, 950+ shards wasted only to get 3 new exotic pieces.

I swore I will never give a single shard for exotic engram, EVER.

ocean

Banned
I dunno man. My Gjallarhorn hungers and Xur happens to be selling Heavy Ammo packs!
Heavy ammo is sold every week. As a general recommendation, I'd suggest hoarding every exotic you never know what'll happen to them., for better or for worse.

See: Suros (-), Universal Remote (+), Thorn (+), Pocket Infinity (-), MIDA, Vex (-+-+?) and so on.

Auto Rifle buff is inevitable IMO. When or how significant it'll be remains a mystery but still.

I dunno man. My Gjallarhorn hungers and Xur happens to be selling Heavy Ammo packs!
I use to have ~180 heavy ammo pack on each character and with ~200 in the vault. Now I have ~100 left on each characters and 0 in the vault. Best investment ever!
back when Xur sold heavy ammo pack once every month or month and a half...

Shito

Well, yeah, if you're short on coins you can easily pass on it. ^^
You are right that heavy ammo synthesis is probably a better investment for you right now. :)

Just bought Hard Light. I like ARs but this gun shoots so weird, not feeling it

People will probably call me crazy but I had this feeling with the Hawkmoon. I mean it is a great HC, but for some reason it doesn't feel right for me...

On the other hand, Hard Light just straight out sucks haha, the bullets could've been at least arc...

FyreWulff

Go to earth patrol, find a level 2 dreg and shoot HL near his feet. Your 23 coins will be redeemed.
unlock the perk first duh!

Yeah I'll upgrade it all the way and see how I feel then. I mean, I ascended my Atheon's Epilogue. That gun has a real nice feel to it

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Good Xur day for me, crest of alpha lupi for my hunter out of an engram, new hunter exotic gloves and some heavy ammo.

Rubenov will be happy about the fast revives during trials of osiris :D

What is the stat that comes on the hunter alpha Lupi? I wanna know if I have other gear to support it should I decide to gamble for it

180 str is what I have.

True, they should form their own category of weapons like the Bullethose weapon class or something along those lines. But why make the bullets blue if that color is already coupled to an element? :p

gun has to feel exotic somehow

ocean

Banned
Hard Light? Really?! Sick of this bullshit.

Really looking forward to Trials later though. Has anybody used Lord of Wolves in PVP? Is it good if so?
What were you expecting? There are literally no weapons Xur can sell that he hasn't already sold. It'll always be a repeat, so not sure why you're disappointed. The only weapons he hasn't sold are the Raid, PS exclusive and bounty Exotics. Absolutely everything else has been offered multiple times (except for the Horn, which was also sold but only once).

As for LoW, I love it in PvE. It's like a very low range, stupid ridiculously powerful Pulse Rifle. For PvP, it's got a ton of ammo and better range than any other shotgun. However, TTK is very low compared to normal shotguns. It takes all 5 bullets to land for a kill (or 4 to the head but that won't happen often).

If someone is running at you, they're dead. But if you cross a corner and 1v1 someone at close range, you'll be one-shot before your 5 bullets are out. It's fun to play around with but overall not the best PvP option.

Kyoufu

I bought Hard Light and around 200 Heavy Ammo packs.

Any suggestions on top tier shotguns? I have a Matador 64, Party Crasher +!, Invective, Found Verdict and The Fourth Horseman. Should I reroll the Party Crasher for shot package etc? Looking to use one for PVE mainly against yellow enemies.

Theorry

Any suggestions on top tier shotguns? I have a Matador 64, Party Crasher +!, Invective, Found Verdict and The Fourth Horseman. Should I reroll the Party Crasher for shot package etc?

Jup. For pvp you need shotpackage and some range upgrade. Rifled barrel etc.

Not an issue. I like strength with the hunter and warlock. Not so much with the titan.

Love me some throwing knives and blink strike.

Then you should gamble imo. Great for those quick revives in ToO. Personally I prefer discipline because I never get too close to enemies, that's just my playstyle so Strength has almost no use for me. But everyone has their own playstyle and preferences.

I can run them with you 3x if we can find one more....don't care about coins, just need the 499 rep.

How about in an hour?

I might be home in about an hour, so if you haven't found someone by that time I can jump in.

Any suggestions on top tier shotguns? I have a Matador 64, Party Crasher +!, Invective, Found Verdict and The Fourth Horseman. Should I reroll the Party Crasher for shot package etc? Looking to use one for PVE mainly against yellow enemies.
What are you using them for? PvP or PvE?

Found Verdict
Party Crasher+1
Matador 64

Found Verdict is really good in PVE and PVP.

You can re-roll matador and party crasher for shot package for pvp.

Dunlop

Like the hunter give abilities but man does it look stupid

At least I got a purifier robe on my second engram

Had to waste coins on the hard light as my son lives auto rifles lol

ocean

Banned

Any suggestions on top tier shotguns? I have a Matador 64, Party Crasher +!, Invective, Found Verdict and The Fourth Horseman. Should I reroll the Party Crasher for shot package etc?
Found Verdict is my favorite for PvE. Full auto and great impact/RoF/range/stability distribution. It's a keeper, easily the most useful Special in PoE. Also the best thing you can use against Oracles in VoG (and consequently, Mines in PoE which are also affected by the Oracle Disruptor perk).

While it's good in PvP, it's not the best. For Crucible, what you want with a shotgun is guaranteed one shot kills. Thus impact and range trump everything else. Stability is insignificant because you won't need a second shot. RoF always feels good, but if you need your second shot you'll likely be dead anyways.

This is why Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie are King. They're so damn slow that they're generally poor options in PvE, where you either have a ton of enemies on you or Majors which eat multiple shots. But in PvP, these are the shotguns that will let you kill in one shot most reliably.

You want, ideally, a Matador 64 with:
Aggressive Ballistics (10% damage boost)
Shot Package (non negotiable, you need this perk)
Rifled Barrel or something like that in the middle tree that boosts your range
Final perk is not too important but it doesn't hurt to get Kneepads for maximum douchebaggery

Don't go nuts re rolling 10 billion times. Unless you're playing competitively at the highest level, Shot Package + a range boost is all you need. Aggressive Ballistics is a cherry on top but don't beat yourself up going after it.

Thanks. Found Verdict it is.
Yup I 100% agree. It was the first shotgun I ascended. Fantastic in PoE. Great against stupid ass knights with arc shields as well.

Stuff like shot package just isn't important in pve. Shotguns like the matador and felwinter are kinda garbage in pve because they shoot WAY too slow.

Edit: ocean said it way better than me, haha.

ocean

Banned
PVE. Basically want to use it as a Captain killer.
Found Verdict is THE PvE shotgun. I use Swordbreaker for Void and a Party Crasher for Solar. Matador and Felwinter's are not good at all in PvE, too slow.

Edit: my bad this has already been stated by a lot of people and I sort of touched on it despite focusing on PvP in my previous message. Basically, PvE shotguns need more balance. You want RoF, stability, reload and impact to be good, as opposed to PvP where it's just hitting like a truck at a distance that matters.

Exotic hunter gloves from Xur sound interesting. It would be good to have invisibility as a gunslinger in PoE, for example.
But I really like my 4th shot (or 6x damage) for Golden Gun also. Arrrgh, can't decide!

phen0m24

Found Verdict is THE PvE shotgun. I use Swordbreaker for Void and a Party Crasher for Solar. Matador and Felwinter's are not good at all in PvE, too slow.

Edit: my bad this has already been stated by a lot of people and I sort of touched on it despite focusing on PvP in my previous message. Basically, PvE shotguns need more balance. You want RoF, stability, reload and impact to be good, as opposed to PvP where it's just hitting like a truck at a distance that matters.

And to think I sharded like 4 of them to use Secret Handshake. I got a SH in each element with shot package. LOL

OOPS

morning DGAF!

nOoblet16

People who have constantly been disappointed by Xur...what exactly is it that you want him to sell? lol

He's got two new armour pieces, the weapons from HoW are all locked behind PoE bounty, and he;s not gonna sell Ghorn. What exactly do you want him to sell to not make it a Xurrpointment/disappointment?

ocean

Banned
Exotic hunter gloves from Xur sound interesting. It would be good to have invisibility as a gunslinger in PoE, for example.
But I really like my 4th shot (or 6x damage) for Golden Gun also. Arrrgh, can't decide!
Revives and mines man. Sometimes invisibility is just what you need. Plus, it comes at +42 Light and has just 3 upgrade bubbles in total for the perks, pick it up :)

ocean

Banned
And to think I sharded like 4 of them to use Secret Handshake. I got a SH in each element with shot package. LOL

OOPS

morning DGAF!
The Handshake is a great choice for Void and Solar in PvE. A lot better than the PvP slowpoke kings. For Arc? Get back in the Vault and get your Verdict man :p

Revives and mines man. Sometimes invisibility is just what you need. Plus, it comes at +42 Light and has just 3 upgrade bubbles in total for the perks, pick it up :)
Oh, I'll definitely pick it up. I'll just have a hard time deciding what to equip :)
But yeah, switching to invisibility spec under fire when I was the last person alive kinda saved us a round in last PoE34.

People who have constantly been disappointed by Xur...what exactly is it that you want him to sell? lol

He's got two new armour pieces, the weapons from HoW are all locked behind PoE bounty, and he;s not gonna sell Ghorn. What exactly do you want him to sell to not make it a Xurrpointment/disappointment?

Agreed. I mean sucks for me but i have everything so theres no other way i guess.

Buying heavy ammo only this week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The boots, especially since there aren't boot engrams.

Kyoufu

BTW, is the random teleport during the Gulrot fight a glitch? It stopped happening to us after a certain point. It was weird.

ocean

Banned
BTW, is the random teleport during the Gulrot fight a glitch? It stopped happening to us after a certain point. It was weird.
It's a PoE anti cheese mechanism which glitches out. If the game believes you're trying to break through geometry or camp a cheesy spot it'll teleport you to the middle of the fray.

It happens to me sometimes in Hive room while taking cover near or against the walls. Basically don't wall hug and it should stop teleporting you.

Annnnddddd back from my hiatus (bloodborne, da:i and dark souls 2). Holy crap I suck way worse than i remember at this game. :(

And ewwww omnigul nightfall? And void burn? Well, could have been no burn. Gonna get.on that later tonite, and the questlines.

Do any of the questlines actually reward decent gear?
Welcome back! I was only away for Bloodborne and I had the same problem when I came back. Don't worry though, your mad skillz will return. The quest line has a guaranteed exotic at the end of it. Plus it's kinds fun the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom