• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he;s not gonna sell Ghorn. What exactly do you want him to sell to not make it a Xurrpointment/disappointment?

Why is he not going to sell Ghorn. I've looked around and never saw any confirmation for this from Bungie. Anyway, he Has sold Ghorn before, but today is the first time he's sold Hard Light (I think, I may have missed a couple of weeks).

Also, I need a Thunderlord yet as well.

ocean

Banned
The boots, especially since there aren't boot engrams.
Boots will be the least sold exotics, assuming a random distribution, because there's so little of them. There's only 4 in the entire repertoire. There's more Exotic chests, gauntlets or helmets *per class* than boots in total :p

Why is he not going to sell Ghorn. I've looked around and never saw any confirmation for this from Bungie. Anyway, he Has sold Ghorn before, but today is the first time he's sold Hard Light (I think, I may have missed a couple of weeks).

Back before Bungie did a few patches to stop datamining, the data miners looked at Xur's table all the way through September and Gjallahorn wasn't there.

In practice, Xur won't sell it because Bungie knows it's the unicorn of Destiny. Many people play more than they would chasing it. It's the same reason Xur likely won't sell Hawkmoon, even when it comes to Xbox. Bungie wants us to chase them.

FyreWulff

People trust datamining way too much. You're talking looking so far ahead that there will be multiple updates and patches that will change plans between now and then, not even mentioning there will be guns/armor/etc that are being worked on and aren't done yet that would end up populating the tables.

Ballerhorn will likely be sold again. Probably around Taken King or for Bungie Day, but it's clear no gun or armor is considered "too sacred" for Xur to sell.

And it'd make sense to sell Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, etc. It'll sorta kinda be like a new DLC day for most of the userbase when the PS exclusivity expires.

ocean

Banned

Third time Hard Light is sold. You also missed Thunderlord! It was on sale a month ago.

As for Gjallarhorn, it was sold on week 2 and never again. Back then, nobody had any idea it was a special weapon. Even having the coins, launch players either bought armor to level up or saved their coins waiting on a good primary like SUROS Regime (different times).

It's now the most coveted weapon in the game. The big carrot. I think it's unlikely that they'll sell it soon. It's been 40 weeks since it was sold, with many (many) repeats in between. Back when Xur was data mineable and some guys figured out upcoming stock they said that Gjallarhorn was not one of the options on Xur's future offerings.

This of course can change - they could decide to sell it at any moment. They could also tell us a lot of things. /Speakertalk

ocean

Banned
People trust datamining way too much. You're talking looking so far ahead that there will be multiple updates and patches that will change plans between now and then, not even mentioning there will be guns/armor/etc that are being worked on and aren't done yet that would end up populating the tables.

Ballerhorn will likely be sold again. Probably around Taken King or for Bungie Day, but it's clear no gun or armor is considered "too sacred" for Xur to sell.

And it'd make sense to sell Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, etc. It'll sorta kinda be like a new DLC day for most of the userbase when the PS exclusivity expires.
Well the day PS exclusivity ends actually *will* be a new DLC day since it coincides with TTK launch :p

Gjallarhorn: on sale on week 2 of year 2. You heard it here first.

phen0m24

BTW, is the random teleport during the Gulrot fight a glitch? It stopped happening to us after a certain point. It was weird.

It's a PoE anti cheese mechanism which glitches out. If the game believes you're trying to break through geometry or camp a cheesy spot it'll teleport you to the middle of the fray.

It happens to me sometimes in Hive room while taking cover near or against the walls. Basically don't wall hug and it should stop teleporting you.

Here's my theory. If you go up the floor that kind of rolls into the wall - where the floor curves up into the wall? It thinks you're out of bounds.

Try it. I think that's the reason. :)

noomi

I was damn near convinced that Xur would sell the ghorn today. They've been dropping like crazy this week and Bungie even brought one to e3.

I figured before TTK comes they would let Xur sell it again so everyone could enjoy it....

People who have constantly been disappointed by Xur...what exactly is it that you want him to sell? lol

He's got two new armour pieces, the weapons from HoW are all locked behind PoE bounty, and he;s not gonna sell Ghorn. What exactly do you want him to sell to not make it a Xurrpointment/disappointment?

347 Vesta Dynasty
Purifier Robes
Celestial Nighthawk
Peregrine Greaves
Heavy Exotic Engram

ocean

Banned
I was damn near convinced that Xur would sell the ghorn today. They've been dropping like crazy this week and Bungie even brought one to e3.

I figured before TTK comes they would let Xur sell it again so everyone could enjoy it....
I found one in my postmaster. That's usually a sign of impending sale but no luck this time. One day...

Back before Bungie did a few patches to stop datamining, the data miners looked at Xur's table all the way through September and Gjallahorn wasn't there.

In practice, Xur won't sell it because Bungie knows it's the unicorn of Destiny. Many people play more than they would chasing it. It's the same reason Xur likely won't sell Hawkmoon, even when it comes to Xbox. Bungie wants us to chase them.
I think it goes both ways, though. Many people also play less because they've put in 400+ hours and are maybe disheartened because they still don't have the flipping thing. I've pretty much said to hell with it, and have played maybe 4 times in the past 3 months after being an everyday player since release. It's really a BS move by Bungie to not have xur sell it (again).

Yay new things! Thanks Xur!

Only missing two exotics now:
-Nothing Manacles (I knew I would be pissed I missed these from Xur)
-Peragriene Greaves

All other weapons and armour are mine.

ocean

Banned
I think it goes both ways, though. Many people also play less because they've put in 400+ hours and are maybe disheartened because they still don't have the flipping thing. I've pretty much said to hell with it, and have played maybe 4 times in the past 3 months after being an everyday player since release. It's really a BS move by Bungie to not have xur sell it (again).
Not playing because you're tired or some makes a lot of sense. To stop playing because you don't have one particular weapon on the other hand, I find a little strange.

Other than melting Skolas in Solar burn (which was removed from the game) or doing Solo Raid activities, Gjallarhorn doesn't make a big difference despite what you hear.

I mean if you shoot a rocket at a mob of yellow bar Minotaurs, they'll survive. Gjallarhorn or not. If it's a bunch of Dregs and Goblins, they'll die. Gjallarhorn or not. If you throw 10 rockets at a Strike boss, he'll survive. Gjallarhorn or not. And so on...

I got mine only like 2 months ago after playing daily since launch, and it drove me nuts. But to be fair, having a good shotgun and Sniper in each element is a far, far more important factor in your loadout than Ghorn.

People who have constantly been disappointed by Xur...what exactly is it that you want him to sell? lol

He's got two new armour pieces, the weapons from HoW are all locked behind PoE bounty, and he;s not gonna sell Ghorn. What exactly do you want him to sell to not make it a Xurrpointment/disappointment?

Boot engrams.

noomi

Bungie needs a weapon for everyone to keep chasing,
So it doesn't make sense for Xur to sell Ghorn.

That for me is the elusive solar hand cannon, but I am slowly giving up on trying for it. Haven't really been feeling the destiny vibe these past few days.

I'm trying to con my son into doing them for me. He's the one in the family good at pvp hahaha

Hahaha nice, but I'm sure you'll do just fine in the weekly, nothing PvP there ;)
But if you want me to run him through, I would have no problem with that.

Edit - is he the one in my FT right now, because I will try and watch my language :)

Admodieus

So last fall I started out playing Destiny on PS4, even signing up for the GAF group and getting GAF East 6. Played til I was Level 27 when I realized all of my IRL friends were playing it on XBox One, so I switched over to that console and proceeded to dump hours into the game, beating all the content (Dark Below and House of Wolves as well) and racking up exotics/armor.

I'd like to get my PS4 guy back on track in preparation for Taken King since I know a lot more people with PS4s now. It's slow going, though, as I'm stuck with very outdated legendaries from around October and only two exotics (Juju and Saint 14). However, I know pretty much everything about the game from my time on XBox One, so I'm looking to speed up the process this time. Let me know if anybody can perhaps give me Gorgon's Chest checkpoint tonight, do either Vault of Glass normal or carry me through the first two stages of Crota's End for a shot at the armor, or run the weekly. PSN name is in my GAF profile, and my name on Bungie.net is the same as my GAF username.

Silav101

Now this is how leveling legacy gear should be. Fatebringer all day, every day for PvE. Thank you, Bungie.

Now tempted to go through VoG to get the slick armor.

347 Vesta Dynasty
Purifier Robes
Celestial Nighthawk
Peregrine Greaves
Heavy Exotic Engram

347 doesn't exist as near as we can tell. It was turned into the sidearm.

Purifier are easily my second favorite Warlock exotic. The Claws of Ahamkara are #1 boss.

Nighthawk is pretty nifty... If you're accurate. :p

The Greaves.... I have yet to see these in-game!!!! BUNGIEPLS

That'll never happen lol. He doesn't sell weapon engrams.

Now this is how leveling legacy gear should be. Fatebringer all day, every day for PvE. Thank you, Bungie.

Now tempted to go through VoG to get the slick armor.

That's what I do every week.. 3 VoG runs for better VoG stat rolls. My Titan has VoG arms, chest and helm (CE boots). My two warlocks have a Mish mash of VoG helms arms chests (CE boots) when not wearing the Claws or Purifier Robes.

Warlock VoG armor is so dope. Gah.

Third time Hard Light is sold. You also missed Thunderlord! It was on sale a month ago.

As for Gjallarhorn, it was sold on week 2 and never again. Back then, nobody had any idea it was a special weapon. Even having the coins, launch players either bought armor to level up or saved their coins waiting on a good primary like SUROS Regime (different times).

It's now the most coveted weapon in the game. The big carrot. I think it's unlikely that they'll sell it soon. It's been 40 weeks since it was sold, with many (many) repeats in between. Back when Xur was data mineable and some guys figured out upcoming stock they said that Gjallarhorn was not one of the options on Xur's future offerings.

This of course can change - they could decide to sell it at any moment. They could also tell us a lot of things. /Speakertalk

I bought the horn on week 2. Had the coins, barely.

I remember telling someone how amazing it was once I got the wolfpack rounds unlocked. He still had time to buy it, had the coins, but stated flat out that he was miserly and wanted to save his coins.

He went a long, long time before the horn dropped for him. Like, 7 months or something.

I buy everything new that Xur sells for my class, no matter what.

ocean

Banned
The Greaves.... I have yet to see these in-game!!!! BUNGIEPLS

That'll never happen lol. He doesn't sell weapon engrams.
How often do you see the Mk.44 Stand Asides? They're extremely situational and very rarely, if ever, worth using. If they'd been rolled into one with both the perks....it'd still be a Rare sight :p I wish it triggered Shoulder Charge more quickly instead of making it last longer.

I'll buy the greaves when they're sold because I'm a collectionist and upgrade them because I'm insane but it wouldn't surprise me if I never once put them on except when feeding them bounties.

I'll regret not wearing them next time I shoulder charge a blade dancer in mid air. Any day now right?

Theorry

Jup.

UT9iSgc.gif

Jinjo

347 Vesta Dynasty
Purifier Robes
Celestial Nighthawk
Peregrine Greaves
Heavy Exotic Engram

Nice unrealistic expectations there. We don't even know if Vesta is in and Heavy exotic engrams don't exist. But keep living that dream, just don't complain about "Xur disappointment" again with expectations like that.

So last fall I started out playing Destiny on PS4, even signing up for the GAF group and getting GAF East 6. Played til I was Level 27 when I realized all of my IRL friends were playing it on XBox One, so I switched over to that console and proceeded to dump hours into the game, beating all the content (Dark Below and House of Wolves as well) and racking up exotics/armor.

I'd like to get my PS4 guy back on track in preparation for Taken King since I know a lot more people with PS4s now. It's slow going, though, as I'm stuck with very outdated legendaries from around October and only two exotics (Juju and Saint 14). However, I know pretty much everything about the game from my time on XBox One, so I'm looking to speed up the process this time. Let me know if anybody can perhaps give me Gorgon's Chest checkpoint tonight, do either Vault of Glass normal or carry me through the first two stages of Crota's End for a shot at the armor, or run the weekly. PSN name is in my GAF profile, and my name on Bungie.net is the same as my GAF username.
Hello and welcome back :) I actually have hard gorgon checkpoint that I can load up if you want it now. PSN is the same as my gaf name.

Well I guess this offer is for anyone that want it. I can hang out for ~15-20 mins.

712332.gif

Admodieus

Hello and welcome back :) I actually have hard gorgon checkpoint that I can load up if you want it now. PSN is the same as my gaf name.

Well I guess this offer is for anyone that want it. I can hang out for ~15-20 mins.

I won't be on until after work tonight, but I can send you a friend request now.

ocean

Banned
I bought the horn on week 2. Had the coins, barely.

I remember telling someone how amazing it was once I got the wolfpack rounds unlocked. He still had time to buy it, had the coins, but stated flat out that he was miserly and wanted to save his coins.

He went a long, long time before the horn dropped for him. Like, 7 months or something.

I buy everything new that Xur sells for my class, no matter what.
I buy everything. I don't know if we'll be able to keep it all with TTK but it would suck if this turned into a game where I have to chose which exotics I can own because of space limitations.

How often do you see the Mk.44 Stand Asides? They're extremely situational and very rarely, if ever, worth using. If they'd been rolled into one with both the perks....it'd still be a Rare sight :p I wish it triggered Shoulder Charge more quickly instead of making it last longer.

I'll buy the greaves when they're sold because I'm a collectionist and upgrade them because I'm insane but it wouldn't surprise me if I never once put them on except when feeding them bounties.

I'll regret not wearing them next time I shoulder charge a blade dancer in mid air. Any day now right?

I wear the Stand Asides in pvp. I love them as I do a lot of shoulder charging in pvp lol. I've gotten the stand asides 4 times from random drops/engrams since TDB.

Kyoufu

I buy everything. I don't know if we'll be able to keep it all with TTK but it would suck if this turned into a game where I have to chose which exotics I can own because of space limitations.

Is there any reason why they can't boost vault space for PS4/Xbone versions only? I'm sure there have been cross platform games that have done something like this already.

Honestly they should just cut off PS3/360 versions. :p

Bleh still waiting on Xur to sell the Armamentarium, he last sold it about 9 weeks ago which was right before I got the game, so here's to hoping its soon.

mfiuza

Ok I'm back.

Got both expansions, first time in already bought an armor, lvl 31.

What did I miss?

I lost pratically all my groups, so I need ppl to do all the raids, missions nightfalls without matchmaking.

Is there any spreadsheet/group or something to add people on psn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom