• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I mean, it's worth noting that maps like Cauldron and Den would probably be a million times better if Shotguns didn't have broken range ATM.

It just has a very claustrophobic feel. I don't feel like any of the areas offer good space for encounters to play out. I personally hate CQC maps as well, so I know that plays a large role in it.

I just don't know how you sit down and design a map that is basically a series of tunnels and corridors that are barely big enough for one player model to fit in, and think that's going to offer compelling gameplay.

My team went 7-0 and we just weren't having fun, so we went to VoG and CE, which ended up working out for me with the Hawkmoon, lol. I guess I should be thanking the Den, because that's the first raids we've ran in a month or more, lol.

Yeah that's totally understandable. The tight tunnels on either side of the top balcony are really silly. No question it's a shotgun fest, and I had a lot more fun blinking around as a BDancer than running as my Striker or Sunsinger. I do enjoy maps where you can push really aggressively and have a few options for pushing/flanking.

No question though that there's too much shit all over the place. Seems to be a common problem with Destiny PvP maps, I know Zoba was never a fan of that approach.

My ranking of the ToO maps so far.
1. Burning Shrine: nice medium sized map. Easy callouts. Any style works, sniping or shotgunning. Felt like there were lots of strategies for engagement.
2. Widows Court: beautiful map. Again can snipe or go close range. Lots of nooks and crannies.
3. Cauldron: better than I expected. Could actually snipe in some situations. Heavy position forced fights in a nice way.
4. Thieves Den: meh. Too many narrow hallways and different tunnels. Hard to callout positions other than ship, mid heavy, and top side.
5. Pastrami palace: awful map for this mode. Sniping felt like the only option, with only two halls to do so in. Sniping often led to stalemates. In some cases sniping enemies successfully and pushing would give them an upper hand as they revived and got shielded.

Jinjo

I want to remake Titan a Male Exo instead of a Human female. The Male Titan looks so beastly as a Sunbreaker. I just don't want to lose all my rep, but I main my warlock mostly now.

Give me insight DGAF. Should I start my Titan over?

I had similar thoughts this week. Don't do it.

ocean

Banned
From Reddit:
CH7Aw0VWIAAZiGS.png

The hype is very very real.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ere_is_a_price_to_pay_for_being_friends_with/

So what happened to Zoba, he retire or what.

Anyway kinda surprised people are still going ham in ToO. Only thing that looks worth it this week is the Titan chest, everything else has the same/worse rolls than the first ToO.

Unless you enjoy sweaties, want the gun, chance of exotic/ToO armor or gun, or just really wanna get to Mercury again I don't see any reason to play if you don't like the mode itself.

bitsurugi

Anyway kinda surprised people are still going ham in ToO. Only thing that looks worth it this week is the Titan chest, everything else has the same/worse rolls than the first ToO.

Unless you enjoy sweaties, want the gun, chance of exotic/ToO armor or gun, or just really wanna get to Mercury again I don't see any reason to play if you don't like the mode itself.

I do it for the competitive side. Loving it, so intense.

ocean

Banned

People who play something they don't enjoy just for the loot, I just don't understand them.

Trials happens to be really fun. Available loot or not, I don't need any other reason.

So once I complete this third Elder Cipher bounty, I'll have all the Grimoire cards except the one for Fate of All Fools. Have there been any developments on how to get it? Is tRiFecTa01 still the only person in the world that has one?

ocean

Banned
So once I complete this third Elder Cipher bounty, I'll have all the Grimoire cards except the one for Fate of All Fools. Have there been any developments on how to get it? Is tRiFecTa01 still the only person in the world that has one?
Weapon still only in his hands, no signs that it is accessible in game as of now.

Weapon still only in his hands, no signs that it is accessible in game as of now.

I remember reading after launch that it was supposed to be an Exotic quest associated with the Trials of Osiris (which I can only assume was discovered from data mining, as this was before any official TDB information was released). Now we have Trials, but still no FoAF.

ocean

Banned
I remember reading after launch that it was supposed to be an Exotic quest associated with the Trials of Osiris (which I can only assume was discovered from data mining, as this was before any official TDB information was released). Now we have Trials, but still no FoAF.
Yeah it was supposed to be 10 wins in Trials for a part of the bounty which makes me think the info we have is really old. Just for fun, some guys on Reddit went flawless to 8-0 then bought the "next win counts for 2" boon. Won the next match and though the ticket still showed 9-0 it was technically 10-0 with the boom.

Nothing happened.

JonCha

I thought about buying the first expansion to do the Crota raid as I've been told it has better drops, but I'm still debating whether paying that fee for basically just the raid is worth it. I've enjoyed my runs with Vault of Glass but I haven't been blown away by it.

Jinjo

I thought about buying the first expansion to do the Crota raid as I've been told it has better drops, but I'm still debating whether paying that fee for basically just the raid is worth it. I've enjoyed my runs with Vault of Glass but I haven't been blown away by it.

If you don't have any of the expansions yet it might be better to wait for the Taken King-bundle. If VoG didn't blow you away, Crota's End sure as hell won't. You can get to level 32 just by vanguard gear now too, so you won't necessarily need the Crota's End drops to level up.

JonCha

If you don't have any of the expansions yet it might be better to wait for the Taken King-bundle. If VoG didn't blow you away, Crota's End sure as hell won't. You can get to level 32 just by vanguard gear now too, so you won't necessarily need the Crota's End drops to level up.

Yeah, I'm level 33. I think basically this is all borne out of the fact that I want to experiment with more exotics and therefore need more legendary gear, ideally that it is more interesting than what the vendors in the Tower offer. Maybe I should start messing around with Trials at this point and just stick with Vault.

Jinjo

Yeah, I'm level 33. I think basically this is all borne out of the fact that I want to experiment with more exotics and therefore need more legendary gear, ideally that it is more interesting than what the vendors in the Tower offer. Maybe I should start messing around with Trials at this point and just stick with Vault.

Well, if you already have HoW and intend on continueing your Destiny career you might as well buy CE. As you need to own both DLC's for Taken King. You'll end up paying 5 bucks more if you go for the seperate packages but I guess that's easily worth it to kill the time 'till Taken King.

phen0m24

Started using TLW. It's happening.
Kadey for me and take this with 217 grains of salt it takes 3 or 4 shots (I take body shots typically) at least with HM. TLW shoots so fast whatever number of rounds just fly out of the thing.

Love TLW but am now eager to try the Messenger.

Hawkmoon is still the long range killer.

You snipe a lot, so TLW supports that play style. Provided you can snipe at mid ranges as well as longer.

Earlier today when we were doing Trials I was having a lot of issues with my Last Word and was getting kind of annoyed. Realized later I was using an unleveled that had been sitting in my vault. ;~;

cilonen

The one thing that's turning me off from the current endgame (well, aside from not really feeling PoE at all) is that some of the best legendaries in the game are VoG legendaries. Once you have a vision of confluence, fatebringer and found verdict at 365, there's really no reason to keep plugging away unless you're in to PvP and want some gear with useful PvP perks.

Kadey for me and take this with 217 grains of salt it takes 3 or 4 shots (I take body shots typically) at least with HM. TLW shoots so fast whatever number of rounds just fly out of the thing.

You got the Messenger and no mega post?!
Congrats man!

phen0m24

The one thing that's turning me off from the current endgame (well, aside from not really feeling PoE at all) is that some of the best legendaries in the game are VoG legendaries. Once you have a vision of confluence, fatebringer and found verdict at 365, there's really no reason to keep plugging away unless you're in to PvP and want some gear with useful PvP perks.

See I felt that way about the best legendary weapons coming from pvp. There would be no way I would win 45 matches of crucible and get to mercury.

Jinjo

You managed to get to Mercury yesterday? What'd you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom